Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195492 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #1120 on: August 12, 2021, 12:08:46 PM »
I'd calculate that we'll also see more corporate mandates when Pfizer is fully approved.
I think you're right.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1121 on: August 12, 2021, 12:13:29 PM »
I see so many friends on DTF from other countries just getting their 2nd shot and it makes me sad here in America because we had a leg up to beat this virus down but so many are not getting the vaccine.

That's what happens when you have a country adamant about peoples liberty and freedoms.

You can't have both security and freedoms. You have to trade one for the other.

For protection and safety from anything, you need to give up your personal freedoms for the other to protect you and to keep you safe. If you want freedom, you are left to your own defenses for security and protection.

This is where the dilemma lies as people want freedom and the ability to think for themselves and fend for themselves while others want the dependency on the other to protect them and keep them safe, which means you are not responsible for your own safety and you therefore do not think for yourself as the other thinks for you and determines what is safe for you and others it must protect and keep safe.

No it's plain ignorance  Ben. Most are educated enough to do real homework not listen to their slanted figureheads who politicize it.

But King, while you are right in theory, that's not how it plays out.  95% of the conversations in the P/R thread have some element of people NOT doing their homework, or not caring.  We wouldn't be the divisive country we are right now if the majority of people WERE doing their real homework.   It'd be as obvious as the tongue in Gene Simmon's mouth that the world and it's issues don't resolve around lines of two arbitrary political parties in the U.S., but that's how some people still operate.   No real objective analysis, no real homework would EVER resolve down to "I'm on the right side of history, and the other side is deplorable"/"I'm on the side of freedom and liberty, and the other side are a bunch of pantywaist lib-tards".

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1123 on: August 12, 2021, 12:30:50 PM »
I think that once Pfizer gets the FDA nod, many people on the fence (as I was) will go ahead and get poked.  I'd calculate that we'll also see more corporate mandates when Pfizer is fully approved.

We (society I mean) should be able to review the data openly, without any slant of agenda from the providers of that data, and make our own individual decisions.  I'm personally not that hot on mandates, but it is what it is.  As harsh as it is, Chino is right... people are free to walk away if they feel that strongly.  It's not as if non-vax are being threatened with legal or government action.  Yet.

I guess we'll find out how it will go...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/australia-s-capital-canberra-enters-snap-lockdown-sydney-tighten-covid-n1276622
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1124 on: August 12, 2021, 12:51:05 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1125 on: August 12, 2021, 12:51:27 PM »
I think that once Pfizer gets the FDA nod, many people on the fence (as I was) will go ahead and get poked.  I'd calculate that we'll also see more corporate mandates when Pfizer is fully approved.

We (society I mean) should be able to review the data openly, without any slant of agenda from the providers of that data, and make our own individual decisions.  I'm personally not that hot on mandates, but it is what it is.  As harsh as it is, Chino is right... people are free to walk away if they feel that strongly.  It's not as if non-vax are being threatened with legal or government action.  Yet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/australia-s-capital-canberra-enters-snap-lockdown-sydney-tighten-covid-n1276622

Wow... I don't believe those numbers justify that.

I'm not so sure it will influence a lot of individuals, but it'll surely give the green light for a great deal of companies and institutions on the fence.

After digging a bit myself (not much real info) and talking to my Doc (who I hang out with socially and play golf and basketball with), I felt that I had enough info to go ahead with it.  To be sure, my doc didn't try to sway me; he just gave me the stats he sees and the Pfizer info (efficacy and some new info about Delta specific boosters).  I appreciated that (he knows that I'm detail oriented and open-minded).

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I feel that if the raw information were readily available without political slant (or social slant, etc) and some person in a position of authority somewhere would calmly say something like "take a hard look at this information we're providing to you and decide for yourself and for your family" maybe more people would decide to actually think about it, instead of just digesting someone else's opinion. 

I'd calculate that we'll also see more corporate mandates when Pfizer is fully approved.
I think you're right.

I'm hearing the whispers from our lenders/underwriters about mandates coming for in-office employees.  We'll see a BIG wave after Pfizer gets full approval I'd bet.  And we'll probably see an even bigger wave of lines in the sand "You're wrong, I'm right" types of conversations.  I'd love to hear a vax discussion without vitriol in the public arena.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 12:57:48 PM by vtgrad »
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1126 on: August 12, 2021, 12:53:37 PM »
I see so many friends on DTF from other countries just getting their 2nd shot and it makes me sad here in America because we had a leg up to beat this virus down but so many are not getting the vaccine.

That's what happens when you have a country adamant about peoples liberty and freedoms.

You can't have both security and freedoms. You have to trade one for the other.

For protection and safety from anything, you need to give up your personal freedoms for the other to protect you and to keep you safe. If you want freedom, you are left to your own defenses for security and protection.

This is where the dilemma lies as people want freedom and the ability to think for themselves and fend for themselves while others want the dependency on the other to protect them and keep them safe, which means you are not responsible for your own safety and you therefore do not think for yourself as the other thinks for you and determines what is safe for you and others it must protect and keep safe.

No it's plain ignorance  Ben. Most are educated enough to do real homework not listen to their slanted figureheads who politicize it.

But King, while you are right in theory, that's not how it plays out.  95% of the conversations in the P/R thread have some element of people NOT doing their homework, or not caring.  We wouldn't be the divisive country we are right now if the majority of people WERE doing their real homework.   It'd be as obvious as the tongue in Gene Simmon's mouth that the world and it's issues don't resolve around lines of two arbitrary political parties in the U.S., but that's how some people still operate.   No real objective analysis, no real homework would EVER resolve down to "I'm on the right side of history, and the other side is deplorable"/"I'm on the side of freedom and liberty, and the other side are a bunch of pantywaist lib-tards".

No, I get it. It's the damn world we live in these days. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #1127 on: August 12, 2021, 01:25:14 PM »
We're all gonna be hitting some kind of wall eventually. Maybe not as big as the American wall, but Europe is still packed with people who are either active deniers or plain just don't give a shit. How many, we'll just have to wait and see, since everyone's lagging numbers are tied to waiting (I have more than a month to my second dose) more than people refusing the vaccine, but just from anecdotes, we'll be going into fall still trying to plead with people to take advantage of this privilege instead of just hitting them with restrictions outright.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1128 on: August 12, 2021, 01:51:53 PM »
But King, while you are right in theory,

In theory, communism works*

Our CEO told the company earlier this week that (at the moment**) vaccines are not a condition of employment, but lack of vaccination may result in limitations on what some can do, what roles can be performed, and where they may/may not be able to work.  We're still in a "voluntary work from anywhere" policy, until January at least.

*as a (non practicing) economist, this is my standard response every time I hear "in theory"  :biggrin:
** my addition
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1129 on: August 12, 2021, 01:52:20 PM »
It's infuriating. There are parts of this world where people would do just about anything to get their communities vaccinated, and just the other day I read that Alabama tossed SIXTYFIVE THOUSAND doses that were due to expire because people don't want to get them.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1130 on: August 12, 2021, 01:55:45 PM »
You have the RIGHT to pursue happiness, but you have no RIGHT to your job, and certainly not with any company.   

Not true in my case.  Which makes it interesting in that the state is requiring proof of vaccination or mandatory testing.  The legal ramifications are quite interesting. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JLa

« Reply #1131 on: August 12, 2021, 02:26:59 PM »
We're all gonna be hitting some kind of wall eventually. Maybe not as big as the American wall, but Europe is still packed with people who are either active deniers or plain just don't give a shit. How many, we'll just have to wait and see, since everyone's lagging numbers are tied to waiting (I have more than a month to my second dose) more than people refusing the vaccine, but just from anecdotes, we'll be going into fall still trying to plead with people to take advantage of this privilege instead of just hitting them with restrictions outright.
Mora, you live in Norway, right? I know folks are getting their second shots earlier than first planned in a lot of cities around the country. You could try calling or e-mailng your vaccination centre and ask if they can re-schedule your appointment. The worst that can happen is you get a 'sorry, no can do'. :)

Cases are increasing rather fast here, but overall numbers are still fairly low. Government are suggesting returning to 'normality' by late September, when all 18+ are fully vaccinated. God, I hope it will work out. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1132 on: August 12, 2021, 02:38:46 PM »

Wow... I don't believe those numbers justify that.

I'm not so sure it will influence a lot of individuals, but it'll surely give the green light for a great deal of companies and institutions on the fence.

After digging a bit myself (not much real info) and talking to my Doc (who I hang out with socially and play golf and basketball with), I felt that I had enough info to go ahead with it.  To be sure, my doc didn't try to sway me; he just gave me the stats he sees and the Pfizer info (efficacy and some new info about Delta specific boosters).  I appreciated that (he knows that I'm detail oriented and open-minded).

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I feel that if the raw information were readily available without political slant (or social slant, etc) and some person in a position of authority somewhere would calmly say something like "take a hard look at this information we're providing to you and decide for yourself and for your family" maybe more people would decide to actually think about it, instead of just digesting someone else's opinion. 

I think you're right.

I'm hearing the whispers from our lenders/underwriters about mandates coming for in-office employees.  We'll see a BIG wave after Pfizer gets full approval I'd bet.  And we'll probably see an even bigger wave of lines in the sand "You're wrong, I'm right" types of conversations.  I'd love to hear a vax discussion without vitriol in the public arena.

People are looking at all the data and coming to the decision  they do not want the vaccine. People are assuming these people are not taking the vaccine because of political or some other influenced opinions. Even if the leaders were to have told people this, those people would still likely come to the same conclusion and decision not to take it.

I also agree with you on the approval. I personally think a lot of people are waiting until it does get FDA approval. As when it does get FDA approved, that means they went through all the trials and tests to make sure this vaccine product is beneficial. Some people are waiting for the final stamp of approval.

And this is one reason I am sure did not help convince people to take this vaccine....

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covid-vaccine-side-effects-compensation-lawsuit.html

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1133 on: August 12, 2021, 03:16:45 PM »
You have the RIGHT to pursue happiness, but you have no RIGHT to your job, and certainly not with any company.   

Not true in my case.  Which makes it interesting in that the state is requiring proof of vaccination or mandatory testing.  The legal ramifications are quite interesting.

Just read that N.O. government is making it mandatory to get into certain events with proof of vaccine. 

It will be interesting to see who does this state to state.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1134 on: August 12, 2021, 06:24:44 PM »
The company I work for announced this morning they are requiring vaccination.  My team is all fully vaxxed, so no biggie for us, but I expect this will kind of force the hand of a lot of people.  I've got no issue with it.

So then people are being forced to get this. And by using their livelihoods as collateral. You just said, force of hand which is force.

They aren't being forced. They're free to walk away. They aren't being "forced" to get vaxxed any more than I'm being "forced" to put on pants and leather shoes in the morning to go to my office.

I'm usually a personal liberty guy, but I'm with Chino.  You have the RIGHT to pursue happiness, but you have no RIGHT to your job, and certainly not with any company.   I have no problem if they make that a requirement for hire, any more than I do any other requirement for employment (drug free, for example).   If you don't like that condition, you can apply elsewhere.

I am with you and Chino.  :tup :tup

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1135 on: August 13, 2021, 10:10:48 AM »
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1136 on: August 13, 2021, 10:23:16 AM »
Man who literally lives under a rock nevertheless gets vaccinated:

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210813-serbian-cave-hermit-gets-covid-19-jab-urges-others-to-follow

:lol but seriously, the virus has found its way to remote tribes in the amazon.

Also, I posted this in the Iron Maiden thread but I think Bruce Dickinsons words are important:

Bruce said he took a lateral-flow COVID test after he started feeling like he was getting a cold, and it came back positive. "I thought, 'Oh well, shit,'" he said. "I was kind of sneezing a bit. For a couple of days, I felt a bit groggy, kind of like the flu, and that was it. And I'm 63 years old. I've pretty much got no doubt that had I not had the vaccine, I could be in serious trouble."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-bruce-dickinson-tests-positive-for-covid-19-after-being-fully-vaccinated/

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1137 on: August 13, 2021, 10:30:19 AM »
There's no real point to this, because I'm not sure what the point should be, and above all, I am a "full truth, warts and all" kind of guy so I would never say "don't say this"... but I can't help but thinking that the "I could have been worse off" message is lost in the din of "I got COVID even though I was fully vaccinated".  It's like the retraction of the front page story that appears four days later on page 16.  The numbers are STAGGERINGLY in favor of NOT getting COVID if you've got the vaccine, but nonetheless, I can't help but think that the idea that "I could still get it even with the jab, and at least my DNA won't be scrambled eggs" is just entrenching those who are hesitant. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1138 on: August 13, 2021, 10:37:35 AM »
There's no real point to this, because I'm not sure what the point should be, and above all, I am a "full truth, warts and all" kind of guy so I would never say "don't say this"... but I can't help but thinking that the "I could have been worse off" message is lost in the din of "I got COVID even though I was fully vaccinated".  It's like the retraction of the front page story that appears four days later on page 16.  The numbers are STAGGERINGLY in favor of NOT getting COVID if you've got the vaccine, but nonetheless, I can't help but think that the idea that "I could still get it even with the jab, and at least my DNA won't be scrambled eggs" is just entrenching those who are hesitant.

Yeah, that quote is buried in the article, not in the headline.  I agree, it's important to note that part of the story for those who get covid while fully vaxxed. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1139 on: August 13, 2021, 10:53:27 AM »

It defies logic though, doesn't it?  It's like saying "I got in a motorcycle accident, and only got a mild concussion thanks to my helmet", and someone's reaction being "well, if I'm gonna get a concussion anyway, what's the point of wearing a helmet?" 
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Harmony

« Reply #1140 on: August 13, 2021, 12:24:49 PM »
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: August 14, 2021, 07:38:41 AM »

It defies logic though, doesn't it?  It's like saying "I got in a motorcycle accident, and only got a mild concussion thanks to my helmet", and someone's reaction being "well, if I'm gonna get a concussion anyway, what's the point of wearing a helmet?"

And yet people do just that.   

I hit a tree head on at about 65 mph when I was 21, totaled the car and walked away.  I was not wearing a seatbelt, and even though I was almost stabbed by the gear shift lever, I rolled to the side and curled up and survived.   I didn't wear a seatbelt with any regularity (unless I had to) for almost 15 years.  I wear one regularly now, but that's almost entirely due to my kid, not any experience I had.     I know I'm not "everyman" but the psychology is similar; as I've said countless times, we - humans - are not good at judging relative risk.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1142 on: August 14, 2021, 09:17:01 AM »

I hit a tree head on at about 65 mph when I was 21, totaled the car and walked away.  I was not wearing a seatbelt, and even though I was almost stabbed by the gear shift lever, I rolled to the side and curled up and survived.   I didn't wear a seatbelt with any regularity (unless I had to) for almost 15 years.  I wear one regularly now, but that's almost entirely due to my kid, not any experience I had.     I know I'm not "everyman" but the psychology is similar; as I've said countless times, we - humans - are not good at judging relative risk.

And with that, you've just killed any argument in the future that is based on your personal judgment. :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1143 on: August 14, 2021, 09:41:20 AM »
 :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1144 on: August 14, 2021, 10:48:49 AM »

Is it similar to how people wait till the last minute to actually go see a doctor to find out it's too late, and if they were to have assessed the risk earlier and went in at that first sign of discomfort or pain, the doctor may have been able to prevent the situation from becoming a long-term health issue, like one that makes people susceptible to covid-19 and it's variants.

It's why it's important to be pointing the finger at yourself first before you point it at anyone else. I for one do not expect anything from anyone. If I want it, I'll do it, but I will be one to admit that most of the times it comes to laziness and not having the drive to strive. I'd rather be at home with all the comforts that surround me in the square box on the ground. What's the consequence? Things don't get done, and things get left to wither. This was me a year ago before I stopped drinking, and even smoking cigarettes. Now, I am out there more so than before, I am gardening, walking outside more, and even beginning to eat more nutritiously and I am noticing a difference, I am finding I can not eat spicy foods as much anymore as I get discomfort after eating these foods, and this was the damage I chose to do to myself from drinking excessive amounts of alcohol.

See here, I am accepting that it is from my own volition that I did this to myself, that no one else was to blame but me. I am accepting the consequences for my past decisions. If I ended up being more susceptible to many forms of illness, I am not blaming anyone else if my health ends up getting bad, I am not blaming anyone If I do end up getting Covid-19 and dying.

It's great and all that you do care for me and don't want me to die. But, I do not need that care, as I am capable of caring for myself. What I also do have is compassion and will embrace that care you do have for me, I respect that and admire it.

What many people are doing is trying to find some thing/person to place some blame of catching covid-19. Why? Why must someone be blamed for it? Why not self-reflect and say something like "wow, I guess I wasn't healthy as I thought and not as invincible as I figured."

I say this because I am finding that there are many, many, many different reasons for why people chose to take the vaccine and why people decided not to. It's a lot more than simply being, as Stads puts it, Black and White, Right and Left, Caring for another and not caring for another.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1145 on: August 15, 2021, 08:48:44 AM »

See here, I am accepting that it is from my own volition that I did this to myself, that no one else was to blame but me. I am accepting the consequences for my past decisions. If I ended up being more susceptible to many forms of illness, I am not blaming anyone else if my health ends up getting bad, I am not blaming anyone If I do end up getting Covid-19 and dying.

I can't speak for anywhere else, but in America, in 2021, you are distinctly in the minority.  We are fast evolving into a victim culture, where EVERYTHING that isn't optimal has to be attributable to something (preferably something we can point at the government to "stop"). 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1146 on: August 15, 2021, 08:53:40 AM »
This little interaction at work the other day made me a bit sad.

A co-worker for fun was doing the "hey, is everyone here vaccinated?" game, and when he casually asked a lady who's been with the company for a few months now if she had been vaccinated, she nicely smiled and said, "I don't discuss politics."  The fact that someone took that question as being political is a crying shame. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #1147 on: August 15, 2021, 09:01:36 AM »

A co-worker for fun was doing the "hey, is everyone here vaccinated?" game, and when he casually asked a lady who's been with the company for a few months now if she had been vaccinated, she nicely smiled and said, "I don't discuss politics."  The fact that someone took that question as being political is a crying shame.

Why in the hell would your co-worker do that?

I can't speak for anywhere else, but in America, in 2021, you are distinctly in the minority.  We are fast evolving into a victim culture, where EVERYTHING that isn't optimal has to be attributable to something (preferably something we can point at the government to "stop"). 

This is what I see. People relying and depending on government to solve issues and problems the people could be solving for themselves. This is not being Independent with liberty and justice for all. It's being over reliant and dependent on government, where you are not independent and can not rely on yourself.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1148 on: August 15, 2021, 09:04:19 AM »

Yeah, this!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1149 on: August 15, 2021, 09:07:17 AM »

He did it good-naturedly, and gave her reply an "all good" with a smile and thought nothing more of it.  And our office has a pretty casual and laid back atmosphere, so I doubt it came off poorly to anyone.  I wouldn't have done it, but that kind of "hey, let's poll the room about this, that or the other" is not really my style.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1150 on: August 15, 2021, 09:28:55 AM »

He did it good-naturedly, and gave her reply an "all good" with a smile and thought nothing more of it.  And our office has a pretty casual and laid back atmosphere, so I doubt it came off poorly to anyone.  I wouldn't have done it, but that kind of "hey, let's poll the room about this, that or the other" is not really my style.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56731.0
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56651.0
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56643.0
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56717.0
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56712.0
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=55991.0

:corn

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1151 on: August 15, 2021, 09:35:35 AM »
Haha, I knew that was coming. :lol :lol

Online polls are a bit different than me calling out an entire room in person about something, duh. Go listen to some Winger. :P

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1152 on: August 15, 2021, 09:39:38 AM »

Online polls are a bit different than me calling out an entire room in person about something, duh. Go listen to some Winger. :P

Don't make this political.  :-*

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #1153 on: August 15, 2021, 09:49:41 AM »
Some of my closest are not taking the vaccine because of “it’s still in the trial phase” and “you can still get/spread it anyway” and all that. Now we’re entering a phase where they will not be able to go to a concert or sit on a terrace or whatever without having to test (and pay for it themselves).

They’re even referring to it as being “Medical Apartheid” and they’re giving me all sorts of signs that I should be condemning the measures the government is taking. I kind of hate this situation. Arguing with them seems pointless because they only want to convince me I’m wrong.

I almost want to say: quit moaning and just take the damn vaccine and be done with it.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1154 on: August 15, 2021, 10:01:40 AM »

Don't make this political.  :-*

:rollin :rollin