Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195342 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #805 on: July 25, 2021, 06:48:15 PM »
Hawaii big island. MiL is from there and most of her family is there. They usually rent a place for us all to stay, which is obviously a generous gift to us since travel can be costly. but is important for her for family to get together, especially as we all get older and even more especially after no one saw each other last year.

Would post pics but I have no idea how to do that here, which is sad because that is something even you do!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #806 on: July 25, 2021, 07:50:08 PM »
Hawaii big island. MiL is from there and most of her family is there. They usually rent a place for us all to stay, which is obviously a generous gift to us since travel can be costly. but is important for her for family to get together, especially as we all get older and even more especially after no one saw each other last year.

Would post pics but I have no idea how to do that here, which is sad because that is something even you do!

Feel the shame, brother. Feel the shame. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #807 on: July 25, 2021, 08:07:49 PM »
Chris, Tim shaming you is the lowest of lows. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #808 on: July 25, 2021, 08:14:01 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #809 on: July 25, 2021, 08:19:23 PM »
I know. When I want to share pics with family, I just email them. If it is a lot, I make an album in Google Photos and share them that way.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #810 on: July 25, 2021, 08:23:03 PM »
Tim even agrees. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #811 on: July 26, 2021, 05:39:59 AM »
With tens of thousands of people attending sporting events, it sure doesn't feel like we are "in the middle" of a pandemic.

Pretty sure the virus doesn't care about anyone's feelings :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #812 on: July 26, 2021, 09:48:44 AM »
The NFL's policy is brilliant, and just the type of thinking we need. Basically, it says yeah, it's your choice, but your choice will have consequences aside from the whole becoming a disease vector, and since getting sick doesn't seem to be a deterrent, we know hitting you in the wallet will.

mrs.jingle was telling me about Royal Caribbean's policies/protocols, and it makes it fairly expensive and cumbersome (insurance, testing, being denied ports of entry, limitation of ship services / where you can go) for unvaccinated people. 

"The move came after Florida governor Ron DeSantis signed a bill into law that would penalize companies with $5,000 fines each time they ask a customer to provide proof that they've been vaccinated."

Good job Ron... all you've done is shift the burden (and/or cost) to consumers.  Don't want to willingly provide proof of vaccination, fine... here's all your restrictions.  Or worse yet ... they just won't set sail from Florida
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #813 on: July 26, 2021, 11:26:56 AM »
More and more Governors have signed legislation restricting how businesses can run their business with regards to covid. I thought republicans were pro-business?    ???

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #814 on: July 26, 2021, 11:27:49 AM »
Better for the politics thread, but El Barto has written about this for years:  it's not what's best for people, it's what gets votes.  That might keep him in office.

Remember, Florida is in the top ten for sunlight potential, and yet the state has decreed that if you are a residential solar user, you can't contribute your excess back to the grid.   From a renewable energy standpoint, it's about as inefficient a policy as you can get.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #815 on: July 26, 2021, 11:28:38 AM »
More and more Governors have signed legislation restricting how businesses can run their business with regards to covid. I thought republicans were pro-business?    ???

Without knowing what is being signed and by whom, that is a meaningless question.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #816 on: July 26, 2021, 11:34:27 AM »

Without knowing what is being signed and by whom, that is a meaningless question.

Florida, Texas.......It's out there......

COVID is bad - now are we back on track?  :laugh:

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #817 on: July 26, 2021, 11:37:48 AM »

If I google covid legislation I'm going to drown in articles unrelated to what you're discussing. Can you provide a few links so I know what you're talking about? Much appreciated.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #818 on: July 26, 2021, 11:55:34 AM »

If I google covid legislation I'm going to drown in articles unrelated to what you're discussing. Can you provide a few links so I know what you're talking about? Much appreciated.

Well here is one article that wasn't hard to find.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/05/20/mask-mandates-now-banned-for-local-governments-and-schools-in-growing-number-of-gop-states/?sh=4f943cfe66bf

Online Adami

« Reply #819 on: July 26, 2021, 11:59:13 AM »
I appreciate that!

A quick skim though didn’t seem to have anything about business. It was about governments and schools.

Now, don't me wrong. I think it's very unwise and do not agree with it, but it's still not telling private businesses what they can and cannot do. At least as far as that article goes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #820 on: July 26, 2021, 12:05:14 PM »
I'm not saying a word here.  Not a word.

Online Adami

« Reply #821 on: July 26, 2021, 12:09:19 PM »

You said nine!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #822 on: July 26, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »

You said nine!

Correction ... typed!

Online Adami

« Reply #823 on: July 26, 2021, 12:18:26 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline darkshade

« Reply #824 on: July 26, 2021, 01:03:45 PM »
Better for the politics thread, but El Barto has written about this for years:  it's not what's best for people, it's what gets votes.  That might keep him in office.

Remember, Florida is in the top ten for sunlight potential, and yet the state has decreed that if you are a residential solar user, you can't contribute your excess back to the grid.   From a renewable energy standpoint, it's about as inefficient a policy as you can get.

The full thing should be:

it's not what's best for people, it's what gets votes, and even more importantly, what makes my puppet master more money.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #825 on: July 26, 2021, 01:05:54 PM »

Spoiler alert. Both parties are filled with extremely corrupt, hypocritical people who care only for themselves and more importantly, those financing them.

"politicians" would have been quicker to type out.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #826 on: July 26, 2021, 01:16:20 PM »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #827 on: July 26, 2021, 01:20:18 PM »
Right back attacha.   :)

Once my daughter and I sat on the couch and our entire evening, all of our conversation was through the voice capture on the iPhone, with no chance to correct mistakes.   I'm pretty sure I never laughed as hard as I did that night, with all the typos and such. 

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #829 on: July 26, 2021, 01:34:04 PM »
Right back attacha.   :)

Once my daughter and I sat on the couch and our entire evening, all of our conversation was through the voice capture on the iPhone, with no chance to correct mistakes.   I'm pretty sure I never laughed as hard as I did that night, with all the typos and such.

That sounds fun. :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #830 on: July 26, 2021, 01:38:05 PM »

*runs to buy lotto tickets*

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #831 on: July 26, 2021, 02:10:00 PM »

And skates, because Hell...

I'm also getting the smoke from the Cali fires out here (no lie) so the world is ending.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #832 on: July 26, 2021, 02:12:35 PM »

You said nine!

Well a word would only be one. So he kept his promise.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #833 on: July 26, 2021, 02:37:50 PM »

Spoiler alert. Both parties are filled with extremely corrupt, hypocritical people who care only for themselves and more importantly, those financing them.

I will correct myself to say that Governors are restricting masked mandates to Government run offices and not necessarily businesses so that was my mistake so I am here to stand corrected.

And while I admit that both sides are corrupt, I see one side wanting to end this pandemic AND encouraging people to get the vaccine, while the other side has been discouraging that until recently.

COVID 19 sucks (keeping the subject on topic).

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #834 on: July 26, 2021, 02:40:21 PM »

And skates, because Hell...

I'm also getting the smoke from the Cali fires out here (no lie) so the world is ending.
Yeah, my kid lives in Connecticut, and said the same. Although, in California's defense, the biggest fire right now is mostly in Oregon.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #835 on: July 26, 2021, 03:04:01 PM »

I will correct myself to say that Governors are restricting masked mandates to Government run offices and not necessarily businesses so that was my mistake so I am here to stand corrected.

And while I admit that both sides are corrupt, I see one side wanting to end this pandemic AND encouraging people to get the vaccine, while the other side has been discouraging that until recently.

Like who? I see Republicans pushing for people to get Trump's vaccine, and I see Democrats pushing for people to get Biden's vaccine.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #836 on: July 26, 2021, 03:25:16 PM »

Like who? I see Republicans pushing for people to get Trump's vaccine, and I see Democrats pushing for people to get Biden's vaccine.

There is only one vaccine. Tucker, Gaytz, Greene have all been talking negative about vaccines. Same with Trump. Name one Democrat that says don't get the vaccine.

COVID 19 sucks!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #837 on: July 26, 2021, 03:46:13 PM »
Name one Democrat that says don't get the vaccine.

Um...have you forgotten that both our current president and current VP criticized the vaccine rollout during the election cycle and publicly said they would "never" get that vaccine?  Just stop trying to make this a partisan issue.  The virus sucks, and you have plenty of politicians on either side of the aisle that have handled themselves poorly.  I fail to see the need for the constant blame game.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #838 on: July 26, 2021, 03:51:51 PM »
Um...have you forgotten that both our current president and current VP criticized the vaccine rollout during the election cycle and publicly said they would "never" get that vaccine?

When did they ever say that?

Also, take it to P/R peeps. :p

Offline Harmony

« Reply #839 on: July 26, 2021, 04:16:36 PM »
Name one Democrat that says don't get the vaccine.

Um...have you forgotten that both our current president and current VP criticized the vaccine rollout during the election cycle and publicly said they would "never" get that vaccine?  Just stop trying to make this a partisan issue.  The virus sucks, and you have plenty of politicians on either side of the aisle that have handled themselves poorly.  I fail to see the need for the constant blame game.

Might want to check your sources there or at least put it in proper context.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jul/23/tiktok-posts/biden-harris-doubted-trump-covid-19-vaccines-not-v/
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad