Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195520 times)

Offline Skeever

Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #595 on: July 16, 2021, 02:59:41 PM »
Yes... full disclosure I am the parent of an under 12.

As of now, it's hard to say. We've got him all his other shots. His pediatrician hasn't said one word about a COVID vax, though. He deals with some form of asthma too, though, which leads me to believe the benefits would outweigh the risks. But it's a really tough call, whenever that bridge needs to be crossed. That's why, to me, vaccines are not and have never been the TOTAL answer. But enough people who can get them and feel safe doing so (I'm in this category) need to do so in order to mitigate the risks of everyone out there with legitimate questions and concerns. Because if that doesn't happen there are indeed a lot of people going to be at risk and unnecessarily so. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #596 on: July 16, 2021, 03:17:04 PM »
I'm afraid that this'll turn into a seasonal thing where well have to get a variant shot annually, like the flu.

On a side note, just got word my main worker and delivery guy will be out until he gets vaccinated, the company I contract for drew the line. I've been telling him for months it would happen, and now he's all fucking surprised. Fucking dipshit.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #597 on: July 16, 2021, 03:59:32 PM »
Another slightly off topic subject that irks me is this push for a 3rd round of vaccine.  At this point, there is not much evidence to suggest it is necessary.  And yes, that could change.  But there are still many places in the world where folks who want the vaccine cannot even get a first dose in their arms.  Ethically how do we all sit with that?  Personally, I think that is absolutely absurd.

Ethically? Probably the same way I deal with feeling lucky to have been born in the US. I'm going to have a dinner tonight right?

It is indeed sickening to think there are other humans that have to go through what they go through based solely on where they happen to have been born.

It's not sickening. That is just how life is. Life is not butterflies and rainbows. Life is in reality, cruel and hard. And these people whom "You(in general)" consider to be helpless without a vaccine, likely do not want it because they are in their belief their own medicines and ways of life, their lifestyle they've been doing since the dawn of time, is all they need to survive.

Entitlement over others is a big issue with people. And this entitlement leads to entitlement over another persons decisions and choices as they do not align with yours.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #598 on: July 16, 2021, 04:04:25 PM »
Another slightly off topic subject that irks me is this push for a 3rd round of vaccine.  At this point, there is not much evidence to suggest it is necessary.  And yes, that could change.  But there are still many places in the world where folks who want the vaccine cannot even get a first dose in their arms.  Ethically how do we all sit with that?  Personally, I think that is absolutely absurd.

Ethically? Probably the same way I deal with feeling lucky to have been born in the US. I'm going to have a dinner tonight right?

It is indeed sickening to think there are other humans that have to go through what they go through based solely on where they happen to have been born.

In my mind I just see the pharma company executives looking like Mr. Burns at the thought of another round.

I know....I know....we should be grateful and I am to the scientists who made the vaccine.  It's just..... :censored

Of course they are....It's why I posted that possible Tomato Vaccine, and the idea of Edible Vaccines. But that is dismissed and not even considered because of that mindset of profit gains from marketing and selling their product. Putting slander on the other vaccines on the market, which creates a monopoly of vaccines. Like how patenting life made Monsanto patent seeds, and how that affected all the farmers. Which also means you can patent vaccines and viruses.

Everything in this world now has become a product, that the entire system of the world is ran under the economic mindset and values for the economic growth of profit gains.

I'm afraid that this'll turn into a seasonal thing where well have to get a variant shot annually, like the flu.

On a side note, just got word my main worker and delivery guy will be out until he gets vaccinated, the company I contract for drew the line. I've been telling him for months it would happen, and now he's all fucking surprised. Fucking dipshit.

And people will not want to get constant booster shots every year, so most people that are currently vaccinated will not want to get the booster shots.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #599 on: July 16, 2021, 04:05:31 PM »

It's not sickening. That is just how life is. Life is not butterflies and rainbows. Life is in reality, cruel and hard.

Yeah, and it's sickening too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #600 on: July 16, 2021, 04:07:52 PM »
In my mind I just see the pharma company executives looking like Mr. Burns at the thought of another round.

Sure, but I have zero energy in my life to concern myself with that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #601 on: July 16, 2021, 04:08:27 PM »

It's not sickening. That is just how life is. Life is not butterflies and rainbows. Life is in reality, cruel and hard.

Yeah, and it's sickening too.

Yup, and we do things to life itself that causes it to become even more sickening and worse off for all of us that live on this Earth. And this is from other things besides not taking a vaccine.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #602 on: July 16, 2021, 04:12:24 PM »
 :huh:

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #603 on: July 16, 2021, 04:42:39 PM »

We put stuff in our foods for convenience of not having to grow a garden.

We put stuff in the air for convenience to not have to walk and spend lots of time to travel across the pond.

These things have an effect on our overall health, and also have an effect on the quality of life. These things cause sickness for animals, plants, and water life. This is why we fought and stood against the pipeline. As the effect of the spills will have a long term effect on our future generations.

It's why I say. If we want to look in the longterm of not getting these future mutations, what is one doing for themselves besides vaccines. What is one doing to not develop unhealthy conditions that are easily preventable by a simple lifestyle change?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #604 on: July 16, 2021, 05:05:10 PM »

My wife has tried to grow a garden, but I can't live on one fucking zucchini and a couple of small green tomatoes a month.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #605 on: July 16, 2021, 05:52:08 PM »

My wife has tried to grow a garden, but I can't live on one fucking zucchini and a couple of small green tomatoes a month.

And that's the consequence of having urban areas. As you put more people in an enclosed area by building up and relying on outside sources for survival needs.

But, as is said. Life isn't easy. It's hard. And it's what we have to do if we want the best quality food that has all the nutrients our body needs to keep us healthy and strong. Or else, we sacrifice that nutrition for the product that has chemicals that help it stay more fresh, be so big, and last on your counter longer than the one freshly picked from the garden or tree. Which then we end up lacking these nutrients and get illnesses because we are not getting these nutrients our bodies need to work properly. All because it's more convenient and easier and requires less physical work to go to the grocery store.

Gardening is not as simple as people think it is either. There's a lot of things to know, like the soil, the plants and their habitats, dealing with the weather and the invasive bugs, like the squash bugs. It's a lot of work. This is what the farmers do for all the produce and products in the grocery stores. Food still has to grow somewhere and someone still has to do the farming.

But check this out...

I Grew and Foraged 100% of My Food for an Entire Year

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #606 on: July 16, 2021, 05:57:24 PM »

And that's the consequence of having urban areas. As you put more people in an enclosed area by building up and relying on outside sources for survival needs. [/url]

Baloney.   Our garden kicks ass. It takes a while to prosper.

The first time you try to play Stairway to Heaven it sounds like shit. But in time, with practice,  you own it.  Just like gardening.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #607 on: July 16, 2021, 06:02:27 PM »

And that's the consequence of having urban areas. As you put more people in an enclosed area by building up and relying on outside sources for survival needs.

But I live in a small town in the country.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #608 on: July 16, 2021, 06:04:47 PM »

And that's the consequence of having urban areas. As you put more people in an enclosed area by building up and relying on outside sources for survival needs. [/url]

You'll have to excuse me if I'm dying laughing while picturing you...gardening.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #609 on: July 16, 2021, 06:06:11 PM »
By our, I mean my wife. Lol  She kicks ass. Green thumb.  Me, I'm the chef with all she produces.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #610 on: July 16, 2021, 06:06:53 PM »
By our, I mean my wife. Lol  She kicks ass. Green thumb.  Me, I'm the chef with all she produces.

Let me guess, you tend to the cattle?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #611 on: July 16, 2021, 06:09:07 PM »
Lawn boy.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #612 on: July 16, 2021, 06:12:13 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #613 on: July 16, 2021, 06:14:20 PM »
Lawn Jockey.

Fixed.

I look like Jaba on his thrown driving my lawnmower. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #614 on: July 16, 2021, 06:28:17 PM »

But I live in a small town in the country.

:tup

Even better, as you can grow more. Plants require a lot of care and tendering too. Some plants you have to baby. Pests are also a big issue, but if you are on them every morning and night, or during the day to rid them from your plants then your plants will produce. What I do for my squash bugs is put them in a cup filled with soap water and they drown, and also being consistent with the eggs is critical or else they'll hatch and you have an infestation of bugs, which is lot's of fun trying to get them all, nice and stinky work.

The first time you try to play Stairway to Heaven it sounds like shit. But in time, with practice,  you own it.  Just like gardening.

That's good to hear. And one aspect I like to be proven wrong about.

I agree. It does take time. Especially in brand new soil that hasn't had anything growing. There are ways to replenish soil enough to plant. It's awesome actually.

There's also ways urban areas are developing to grow farms, such as vertical farming. Which are interesting to see as well.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #615 on: July 16, 2021, 06:32:59 PM »
Zucchini
Summer squash
Kale
Tomatoes (4 varieties)
Red leaf lettuce
Green leaf lettuce
Cauliflower
Brussel sprouts
Green beans
Cucumbers
Green beans
Sugar snap peas
Asparagus
Chives
Green onion
Rhubarb
Grapes
Blueberries
Strawberries
Swiss chard
Spinach
And many herbs

Oh, and hops for beer.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #616 on: July 16, 2021, 06:47:16 PM »

But, as is said. Life isn't easy. It's hard. And it's what we have to do if we want the best quality food that has all the nutrients our body needs to keep us healthy and strong. Or else, we sacrifice that nutrition for the product that has chemicals that help it stay more fresh, be so big, and last on your counter longer than the one freshly picked from the garden or tree. Which then we end up lacking these nutrients and get illnesses because we are not getting these nutrients our bodies need to work properly. All because it's more convenient and easier and requires less physical work to go to the grocery store.

Gardening is not as simple as people think it is either. There's a lot of things to know, like the soil, the plants and their habitats, dealing with the weather and the invasive bugs, like the squash bugs. It's a lot of work. This is what the farmers do for all the produce and products in the grocery stores. Food still has to grow somewhere and someone still has to do the farming.

But check this out...

I Grew and Foraged 100% of My Food for an Entire Year

Do I look like a fucking caveman?

I hate cooking and preparing a meal with more than a couple of ingredients so there is no fucking way, I'm growing my own shit, ever.  Just because I don't though, it doesn't mean I don't eat well and pick good food to eat daily.  Sure I don't know exactly how it was grown but it bet it's better than growing in my backyard.

My misses tried growing some tomatoes and shit once, and I didn't realise we had so many fucking cats around our joint.  I love you outlook but I just people don't have the time and energy to live like we did back in the day, we live in a different day and age.

I agree the world is slowly going down the toilet, but it isn't going to change.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #617 on: July 16, 2021, 06:49:58 PM »
Ben, you also say about putting people in rural areas, the population is growing, how are we supposed to combat that?  The growth in my area alone with new housing estates getting built yearly is incredible.  New houses built all the time and more and more people moving in. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #618 on: July 16, 2021, 06:51:37 PM »
Zucchini
Summer squash
Kale
Tomatoes (4 varieties)
Red leaf lettuce
Green leaf lettuce
Cauliflower
Brussel sprouts
Green beans
Cucumbers
Green beans
Sugar snap peas
Asparagus
Chives
Green onion
Rhubarb
Grapes
Blueberries
Strawberries
Swiss chard
Spinach
And many herbs

Oh, and hops for beer.

GTFO! :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #619 on: July 16, 2021, 07:00:14 PM »
Never heard of a green onion.  :huh:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #620 on: July 16, 2021, 07:01:37 PM »

Scallions

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #621 on: July 16, 2021, 07:03:41 PM »
Zucchini
Summer squash
Kale
Tomatoes (4 varieties)
Red leaf lettuce
Green leaf lettuce
Cauliflower
Brussel sprouts
Green beans
Cucumbers
Green beans
Sugar snap peas
Asparagus
Chives
Green onion
Rhubarb
Grapes
Blueberries
Strawberries
Swiss chard
Spinach
And many herbs

Oh, and hops for beer.

GTFO! :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #622 on: July 16, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »

Scallions

Ah.  I had to google that but we call them spring onions.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #623 on: July 16, 2021, 07:08:24 PM »
Love them in my eggs on the weekends. 

Oh, and Coronavirus sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #624 on: July 16, 2021, 07:10:09 PM »
My misses tried growing some tomatoes and shit once, and I didn't realise we had so many fucking cats around our joint. 

Fuckers!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #625 on: July 16, 2021, 07:11:58 PM »
Scallions are what every fucking restaurant feels the need to chop and serve on top of whatever dish you order. If I get them I send it back and tell them to make me a whole new plate. And if I think they simply picked them off, I still demand a new meal! Assholes!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #626 on: July 16, 2021, 07:13:57 PM »
My misses tried growing some tomatoes and shit once, and I didn't realise we had so many fucking cats around our joint. 

Fuckers!

Damn straight mofo!!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #627 on: July 16, 2021, 11:22:43 PM »
Scallions are what every fucking restaurant feels the need to chop and serve on top of whatever dish you order. If I get them I send it back and tell them to make me a whole new plate. And if I think they simply picked them off, I still demand a new meal! Assholes!

With all due respect, don't ever come to my place.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #628 on: July 17, 2021, 03:30:01 AM »

With all due respect, don't ever come to my place.

Nah, you can do better than that. If someone is so insecure in their plate that they need to add something pretty and green on top, then why not parsley or a twig of something that I can easily remove. Why add something so pungent that it fucks with the flavor profile? Plus try picking them out of mashed potatoes. Fuck that. It’s going back.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #629 on: July 17, 2021, 04:33:16 AM »
Lawn Jockey.

Fixed.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm dying laughing while picturing Joe ... as a jockey on a horse.  Zydar, please photoshop something for us.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion