Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 195557 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2021, 01:42:59 PM »

Also, it's really, really nice to finally smile at a stranger, and get a smile back. I missed that more than I could imagine.

Word up.  Could not agree with this any more than I already do.
Have mask mandates in the US included outdoors as well as indoors?

It varies by region. When I went to Province Town last September, they had mask mandate everywhere in town.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 01:56:05 PM by Chino »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2021, 01:53:47 PM »

Also, it's really, really nice to finally smile at a stranger, and get a smile back. I missed that more than I could imagine.

Depends on your local governance, but most places from my understanding only required masks outdoords when you couldn't social distance.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2021, 02:35:18 PM »

In CA it did. In San Francisco, at the height of it, it was mask up if you were within 30 feet of someone else, no matter what.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2021, 02:41:49 PM »
The Foos put on a killer show.  So energetic live.

For sure. 

I saw them twice and the experiences were quite different.

The first was on the tour for Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, and it was great.  Great set list, the volume was perfect, and the atmosphere was money.

The second was on the tour for Wasting Light.   I often joke that when I am deaf someday due to loud music, I am throwing most of the blame at four concerts, and this is one of them (Metallica, Judas Priest and DT in KC in '14 being the others).  Between the ear-splitting volume and their need that tour to add a 3-4 minute jam at the end of seemingly every song, most of which sounded like the same jam repeated over and over, made that concert unbearable.  That was one of the rare concerts where I was thrilled when it was over (Make it stop!!). 

But that first time seeing them was great!  :metal :metal

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2021, 03:19:07 PM »

In CA it did. In San Francisco, at the height of it, it was mask up if you were within 30 feet of someone else, no matter what.
Wow, yeah that must be pretty weird. It's been indoor only in the UK and so it won't be such a major change when we stop wearing masks, I imagine.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2021, 03:23:46 PM »
First Jab today!
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2021, 11:36:17 PM »
No peer reviewed studies, and I'm sure AZ (the company) is fucking livid over this, but the whole VITT blood-clot issue has made guidance on AZ shots an absolute cluster fuck - at least here in Canada. 

The reality is, we don't even know what brands of vaccines we receive for other virus' / diseases.  It's only because of the race to market (and the sheer number of companies in the race) that we know the brand name of these.  I mean, can anyone name me the brand of vaccine or booster you got for the flu?  Or MMR?  Or who the maker of Shingrix is?

I was a little skeptical at first, but the field studies are showing that it's at least as good as 2-shots of the same vaccine, and some show it's better - limited formal study though.

Honestly, my gut says it's more likely because of some kind of deal that Pfizer and Moderna have cut with the Cdn government.

BTW, NACI is a fucking joke.  Their "guidance" changes pretty much every week.  Less than a month ago, their guidance on AZ was that it's was safe and effective (because there was AZ-hesitation back in April/May up here).

Yeah, so frustrating. I got my second dose of AZ 2 weeks ago, then NACI comes out with the new recommendation of stopping AZ for the second dose and giving an MRNA dose instead. Now I feel inadequate. :P  Here in BC they didn't follow the guidelines, but the demand for AZ dropped hugely due to the NACI guidelines.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2021, 11:54:17 PM »
No peer reviewed studies, and I'm sure AZ (the company) is fucking livid over this, but the whole VITT blood-clot issue has made guidance on AZ shots an absolute cluster fuck - at least here in Canada. 

The reality is, we don't even know what brands of vaccines we receive for other virus' / diseases.  It's only because of the race to market (and the sheer number of companies in the race) that we know the brand name of these.  I mean, can anyone name me the brand of vaccine or booster you got for the flu?  Or MMR?  Or who the maker of Shingrix is?

I was a little skeptical at first, but the field studies are showing that it's at least as good as 2-shots of the same vaccine, and some show it's better - limited formal study though.

Honestly, my gut says it's more likely because of some kind of deal that Pfizer and Moderna have cut with the Cdn government.

BTW, NACI is a fucking joke.  Their "guidance" changes pretty much every week.  Less than a month ago, their guidance on AZ was that it's was safe and effective (because there was AZ-hesitation back in April/May up here).

Yeah, so frustrating. I got my second dose of AZ 2 weeks ago, then NACI comes out with the new recommendation of stopping AZ for the second dose and giving an MRNA dose instead. Now I feel inadequate. :P  Here in BC they didn't follow the guidelines, but the demand for AZ dropped hugely due to the NACI guidelines.
Nothing to feel inadequate about, AZ is as effective as the other vaccines based on the evidence so far so you're fully protected like every other double-jabbed person. The change in guidance is only because of the slightly higher blood clot risk, but that evidently didn't affect you, so you're good.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2021, 03:16:59 AM »
The second dose of Pfizer is in the arm.....
Feel good..... and now I have 5G..... love it

215 Mbit/s right after the shot..... wonder about the speed in 2 weeks when I'm fully baked  ;)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #184 on: June 22, 2021, 05:04:34 AM »

Nothing to feel inadequate about, AZ is as effective as the other vaccines based on the evidence so far so you're fully protected like every other double-jabbed person. The change in guidance is only because of the slightly higher blood clot risk, but that evidently didn't affect you, so you're good.

Gotta disagree.  I think their changing guidance is coming from political pressure.  No data/information has changed about the VITT risk in the last number of weeks, so why is their guidance flopping back and forth?  Likely answer is political pressure stemming from A) AZ supply shortage, and B) the reason for the AZ supply shortage (see my point above).

The initial agreements we had were to "secure access" to 20M doses of AZ, so there *shouldn't* have been a supply issue.  Obviously, things change, and since our source was to be coming largely from India, I think the outbreak there also played a role in the shift of "preference" to Pfizer/Moderna.

Whatever ... I'm getting my 2nd dose on Thursday, and I'm not stuffed about the mixing of brands.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2021, 06:46:12 AM »

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2021, 07:59:40 AM »
0.1% is a much smaller percentage than the efficacies would suggest in any case. Some people still testing positive is to be expected.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2021, 08:18:32 AM »

Gotta disagree.  I think their changing guidance is coming from political pressure.  No data/information has changed about the VITT risk in the last number of weeks, so why is their guidance flopping back and forth?  Likely answer is political pressure stemming from A) AZ supply shortage, and B) the reason for the AZ supply shortage (see my point above).

The initial agreements we had were to "secure access" to 20M doses of AZ, so there *shouldn't* have been a supply issue.  Obviously, things change, and since our source was to be coming largely from India, I think the outbreak there also played a role in the shift of "preference" to Pfizer/Moderna.

Whatever ... I'm getting my 2nd dose on Thursday, and I'm not stuffed about the mixing of brands.
I don't think we disagree at all, I agree with you about the politics, although that still does result from the blood clot issue (either in itself, or as an excuse due to supply issues). My main point was that it's nothing to do with the effectiveness of the vaccine, which is just as good as the others.

Wonder what's going on in MA?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/06/16/nearly-4000-fully-vaccinated-people-in-massachusetts-have-tested-positive-for-coronavirus/

Well, you can still get infected but you should hopefully get little or no symptoms.
Exactly. You're also less likely to get infected, and less likely to pass it on if you do.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2021, 08:46:27 AM »
Wonder what's going on in MA?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/06/16/nearly-4000-fully-vaccinated-people-in-massachusetts-have-tested-positive-for-coronavirus/

It doesn't stop one from catching Covid. It only helps in preventing severe symptoms associated with Covid.

It's to prevent and ease people from overwhelming the hospitals and to continue living their lives without feeling sick. Asymptomatic cases are what we all have with the common cold, but some people can still die even from catching a common cold, if their illness is that severe, those people are usually kept in isolation.

People who are immunocompromised are at a greater risk for breakthrough cases.

This vaccine is not a cure. There are no cures. Only remedies and all drugs, vaccines, herbal treatments are remedies to ease the pain and the severity of the illness.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2021, 09:21:30 AM »
My main point was that it's nothing to do with the effectiveness of the vaccine, which is just as good as the others.

Well then yes ... we agree!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2021, 09:38:28 AM »
I don't what to call this. I am so worn down by people who think this way.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/her-mother-died-of-covid-but-that-wont-convince-her-to-get-vaccinated?source=articles&via=rss

The important parts of the article:

Hart’s mom, 58-year-old Mary Knight, passed away last week from complications related to COVID-19

A second unvaccinated member of the IT department, 53-year-old systems analyst Alphonso Cox, also died last week after coming down with COVID-19. Three others in the office who were unvaccinated and contracted the virus were ill enough to be hospitalized, but survived.

None of their vaccinated coworkers were affected at all

Hart: "Stress killed her, not COVID. A healthy body and immune system [do] not need the vaccine.”  :facepalm:

Hart: “No one in my family will be getting the vaccine,”

I know it is fruitless to get upset over this. These people won't change and they may get sick and possibly die as well. Saw a story that something like 23% of infected people are entering long-haul status, even when they showed no symptoms, is beyond scary to me.

Just venting. Have had a bad week at work and am fried and burned out. Stories like this just set me off, moreso now that I am irritated.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: June 23, 2021, 09:44:55 AM »
Survival of the fittest goes beyond physical health, having a brain plays a role too.

As much as I say a lot of the news headlines are misleading and fear mongering, there is definitely some truth to what's going on right now regarding the delta variant.  If you've successfully escaped a covid infection this long, your time may be running out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my belief is everyone on this planet is either going to get covid or get vaccinated.  No one is going to be able to escape contact with the virus.  So you can take the risk and see what happens when you get an infection or play it safe and get the vaccine.  One is a smarter decision with less risk than the other. I'm at the point where I don't feel too bad for people who make the wrong decision here, but it's very obvious these deaths are very avoidable at this point in the US and there's no one to blame besides themselves.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2021, 09:54:54 AM »
Survival of the fittest goes beyond physical health, having a brain plays a role too.

As much as I say a lot of the news headlines are misleading and fear mongering, there is definitely some truth to what's going on right now regarding the delta variant.  If you've successfully escaped a covid infection this long, your time may be running out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my belief is everyone on this planet is either going to get covid or get vaccinated.  No one is going to be able to escape contact with the virus.  So you can take the risk and see what happens when you get an infection or play it safe and get the vaccine.  One is a smarter decision with less risk than the other. I'm at the point where I don't feel too bad for people who make the wrong decision here, but it's very obvious these deaths are very avoidable at this point in the US and there's no one to blame besides themselves.

Well said. If I wasn't so fried I might have come up with something along those lines. Right now, I am ranting old man. I'm TAC telling people to get off my lawn.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2021, 09:56:33 AM »
You know what's fascinating...Is how different cultures and societies perceive illnesses and disease. And how they treat those illness and disease and How they consider why these people are sick with that illness. And other terms for a sickness only known by that society and culture.

Mostly, it's all herbal and mental remedies to help the Ill. It wasn't until the colonists came and assimilated many cultures where they began to think like them about illness, disease, remedies, and healing.

So you can't expect people to think like you do about illness and disease. The one way we all know about pharmaceuticals and drug companies, are a part of the one mindset I talk about. It's only one mindset and they're convincing people it's the only way.

When in fact, they depleted and wiped away all of what these other Societies and cultures utilized for their health, these were what kept them healthy and how they had a good immune system.

I am taking a class and I am loving it. It's an Anthropology class.

The further I go within this class. The more I learn, I was already doing this.

And unhealthy immune systems (which a healthy immune system is necessary to fight off diseases and illnesses), were caused by not just bad foods and non-exercize, but conditions of the environment, and social structures that cause poverty, as poverty leads to unhealthy immune systems because they can't afford these things that make them have better immune systems. Like access to nutritious foods.

And now they want to come in and claim savior with this vaccine? GTFOH
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 10:53:17 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2021, 11:00:10 AM »
Finnish football fans returned by bus from St. Petersburg, Russia after Finland was eliminated from the European championships. Result? Almost 100 confirmed cases and counting. They couldn't test everyone at the border because it got severely congested in hot weather, so some 800 people need to get tested on their own. I'm not liking this.
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2021, 11:08:34 AM »
Finnish football fans returned by bus from St. Petersburg, Russia after Finland was eliminated from the European championships. Result? Almost 100 confirmed cases and counting. They couldn't test everyone at the border because it got severely congested in hot weather, so some 800 people need to get tested on their own. I'm not liking this.

Are these people vaccinated?  If not, I'm kind of surprised they allowed fans to travel internationally without that at this moment in time.  If they are vaxxed, then I wouldn't be too worried about positive tests from forced testing.  It's going to happen.

Online Luoto

• Wandering midget
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2021, 11:25:28 AM »
Are these people vaccinated?  If not, I'm kind of surprised they allowed fans to travel internationally without that at this moment in time.  If they are vaxxed, then I wouldn't be too worried about positive tests from forced testing.  It's going to happen.

Since most of them are likely not elderly they've had one dose, which is probably not as effective against the prominent Delta variant as the older strains. One dose tends to prevent severe outcomes (need of intensive care), but to properly prevent the spread we need both doses. Finland has vaccinated 55-60% of it's eligible population with at least one dose at this point.

I had my first dose on Monday, btw
Always too soon, always too late, always in between.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2021, 11:31:59 AM »
There's been 2 Canadian cases of deaths from the Delta variant from fully vaccinated individuals.  So yeah, this virus does get stronger with each new variant it seems - and now India has identified a "Delta +".

No one is fully and absolutely immune.  This is likely to be the new normal the world will live in for many years to come.  I just hope the pharma's can keep one step ahead of the virus.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2021, 11:55:17 AM »
There's been 2 Canadian cases of deaths from the Delta variant from fully vaccinated individuals.  So yeah, this virus does get stronger with each new variant it seems
Well, no it's not possible to draw that conclusion from the available data. It's much more transmissable so is more likely to get past the vaccines. So if you're more likely to become infected, you're also more likely to be hospitalised or die, but only in relative terms. The proportion of infected people going to hospitable and dying is dropping massively as a result of the vaccines, even in the UK where the Delta variant is now completely dominant.

EDIT:
No one is fully and absolutely immune.  This is likely to be the new normal the world will live in for many years to come.  I just hope the pharma's can keep one step ahead of the virus.
Yes, agreed. The crucial thing will be the vaccines keeping deaths and hospitalisations low and comparable with other infectious illnesses, like flu and pneumonia. If they can do that, then to be honest I don't really see how the new normal would be massively different to the old normal.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2021, 12:07:31 PM »
There's been 2 Canadian cases of deaths from the Delta variant from fully vaccinated individuals.  So yeah, this virus does get stronger with each new variant it seems - and now India has identified a "Delta +".

This honestly means very little when you look at the details:

Kerry Williamson with Alberta Health Services says the two patients, a man and a woman, were in their 80s, had significant co-morbidities and probably acquired the virus in the hospital.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-two-patients-at-calgary-hospital-die-from-covid-19-delta-variant/

but your bolded statement is absolutely true.  The vaccines do a great job at preventing severe infections, but it's not perfect.  You can still get sick and if you are old and/or have other health issues, death is still possible.  However, the data shows the % is very low and the vaccines overall are very effective.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2021, 01:25:15 PM »

Kerry Williamson with Alberta Health Services says the two patients, a man and a woman, were in their 80s, had significant co-morbidities and probably acquired the virus in the hospital.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-two-patients-at-calgary-hospital-die-from-covid-19-delta-variant/

but your bolded statement is absolutely true.  The vaccines do a great job at preventing severe infections, but it's not perfect.  You can still get sick and if you are old and/or have other health issues, death is still possible.  However, the data shows the % is very low and the vaccines overall are very effective.

Precisely. Peoples immune systems could still be bad enough that a vaccine won't help them really. They could die from catching any other coronavirus besides Covid-19.

After factoring in the age, co-morbidities, and the fact they were in the hospital already. It's important to have these facts when discussing the severity.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2021, 02:47:28 PM »
After my first shot I got a red rash on my left buttock treated first with antivirals.... went away, came back and was treated with antibiotica.... went away
What do yo think happened after my second shot. Same place a red rash.... now I'm on antibiotica again
Hope it works this time

Looks like I'm the second swede to get erysipelas after the vaccine.... well I got it twice...

Oh well... at least I have some loose underware that I bought after my first shot

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2021, 03:23:56 PM »
That's unforunate Goose, is it going to be something long term or will the next round of meds clear it up?  My aunt had some rashes from her first shot and didn't follow up for the 2nd because of that.

In covid death related news: https://www.yahoo.com/news/nearly-covid-deaths-us-now-154100375.html

Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.

An Associated Press analysis of available government data from May shows that “breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.

And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.

As stated earlier, death is not 100% escapeable from the vaccines, but it's still highly effective and the trends really show how much so.  Also, while this article doesn't give stats about those who have died while fully vaxxed, other stories I have read show that it's mostl older people with health issues.  Vaccinated young or healthy people aren't dying.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2021, 06:19:24 PM »

To be clear, when I said "stronger" i meant in any/all aspects of transmissibility and/or how it affects people.  The vaccines were found to be 100% effective against death and hospitalization against the original strain.  That's clearly not the case now with Delta.  That's all I was trying to insinuate.

Also, the second case I was referring to was in Ontario actually.  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/fully-vaccinated-woman-died-covid-19-waterloo-region-1.6072972.  I'm not being chicken little, just suggesting that the variant's of the virus can have an impact on efficacy of vaccines.  As Rich mentioned, I do think we're getting closer to these being like flu / pneumonia as opposed to Spanish Flu.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2021, 05:09:39 AM »
That's unforunate Goose, is it going to be something long term or will the next round of meds clear it up?  My aunt had some rashes from her first shot and didn't follow up for the 2nd because of that.

I certainly hope it will go away. It's very uncomfortable where it's placed.

Still glad I took a second shot and would take a 3rd too if/when it's deemed necessary.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2021, 05:58:18 AM »
Got my first shot of Pfizer-BioNTech yesterday! No side effects aside from a bit of a sore arm.

Second dose in September. :tup

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2021, 07:02:19 PM »
Got home from Florida yesterday.  I wore a mask twice - once, when it was required at Gulf World, though there were plenty that disobeyed that request, including one dude in a shirt that just said 'MURICA, and once when my wife freaked out on the first day at a random gas station in Kentucky (just to go along with her and set an example for the kids). 

NOBODY wore a mask in Panama City Beach.  One day, i was in an elevator with 14 other people, coming up from the pool.  Zero masks, no social distancing.  I just embraced it and threw it all to the wind.  I'm vaccinated.  No point in trying to social distance when there are only two slow elevators, hundreds of people at the pool and beach, and I'm on the 14th floor.  I took the stairs up with my daughter one day just because waiting for an elevator would have taken 45 minutes based on the line.  I had to laugh - Chicago just removed their big social distancing floor stickers in elevators, only allowing four people in an elevator - one in each corner, and here I am in Florida, where we're packing into an elevator as tightly as possible.    :lol

I loved it, it felt normal again and so freeing.  I wanted the kids to feel normal and have fun on vacation, so I wasn't going to be a stickler on them wearing masks.  My wife eventually got over her heebie-jeebies and stopped freaking out about being around strangers after a day or two.  Though we constantly joked about how COVID just isn't a thing in the south. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: June 25, 2021, 08:39:06 PM »
I loved it, it felt normal again and so freeing.

Yup! I told my friend who is going to transition back to working in the office in NYC that it's like riding a bike.  It feels very awkward at first but then it just feels normal fairly quickly. 

If I can be in a sold out MSG, I feel like I'm comfortable doing anything again.  Having said that, it's in the back of my mind.... did I get exposed? I'm not worried, just curious.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2021, 04:43:34 AM »
One of the local pharmacies here had extra doses at the end of the day yesterday, so the jingle.kids got their second shot. Now the entire jingle.family is double vaccinated.

Still under a lot of restrictions here in Ontario (only 30% of adults are double vax'd, though 77% have at least 1 dose).  As of Wednesday, the province enters stage 2 of re-opening, and should enter stage 3 in another 21 days.  This damn government ... back in the winter when there was very little vaccine supply, they weren't cautious enough, and opened up things unnecessarily and too fast.  Now, with vaccines on the rise (almost 250k doses administered yesterday, the highest single day total yet), they're still slow and overly cautious.

jingle.kids start their work on Thursday and next Monday respectively, so it's a massive relief for mrs.jingle that they're double-vax'd - especially jingle.daughter, who's a camp counsellor with young kids who won't/can't be vax'd.

"Normal" is still quite a few months away around here.