Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 194458 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #4515 on: November 02, 2022, 01:04:02 PM »
I knew this forum attracted a certain type, but I didn't know it attracted a certain phenotype!

Yes….I had to Google this.

Are you saying we look alike because we both like dream theater or because we both hang out here? I’m confused.  :rollin
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4516 on: November 02, 2022, 01:06:22 PM »
I knew this forum attracted a certain type, but I didn't know it attracted a certain phenotype!

Yes….I had to Google this.

Are you saying we look alike because we both like dream theater or because we both hang out here? I’m confused.  :rollin

Haha wasn't that deep. Just a silly way of pointing out the similarities.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4517 on: November 02, 2022, 01:07:54 PM »
And I still haven’t seen a picture of this guy who is supposedly my son’s doppelgänger.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4518 on: November 02, 2022, 01:10:00 PM »
And I still haven’t seen a picture of this guy who is supposedly my son’s doppelgänger.

It's the dude in the picture with Bill. As far as I know.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4519 on: November 02, 2022, 01:10:31 PM »

That's me next to Stadler.  Maybe not the best picture to see the similarities, but it's there. Specifically the eyes, forehead, and hair.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4520 on: November 02, 2022, 01:20:55 PM »
IDK…

Maybe I’m biased because I changed his diaper, but I’m not seeing it.  :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4521 on: November 02, 2022, 01:41:56 PM »
Definitely not the best picture.  But there is definitely a resemblance. 

The only difference between Jammin and Stadler, is that Stadler's parents had dental insurance 40 years ago!   :lol :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4522 on: November 02, 2022, 03:08:57 PM »
Definitely not the best picture.  But there is definitely a resemblance. 

The only difference between Jammin and Stadler, is that Stadler's parents had dental insurance 40 years ago!   :lol :lol

They had insurance….they just couldn’t afford braces.  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4523 on: November 02, 2022, 04:23:30 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4524 on: November 04, 2022, 06:44:17 AM »
:lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4525 on: November 04, 2022, 12:29:58 PM »

I'm kinda thinking Jammindude and Stadler were separated at birth.   :lol

I've often referred to Ben as Stadler West just based on non sensical musical opinions.

Wait, what?!?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4526 on: November 04, 2022, 01:22:51 PM »

I'm kinda thinking Jammindude and Stadler were separated at birth.   :lol

I've often referred to Ben as Stadler West just based on non sensical musical opinions.

Wait, what?!?

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4527 on: November 06, 2022, 01:18:32 AM »
Sigh.

In the beginning of 2021, I had COVID before I was eligible for vaccination, and my blood oxygen dropped to 70. I was in the ICU for a week. Thankfully, I didn't have to be intubated. I was also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and I had a third comorbidity - I weighed 460 pounds at the time.

So imagine my horror when the at-home test showed positive a few minutes ago. I guess I've stacked the odds a little more in my favor. I'm up to date on vaccinations, with my most recent booster two months ago. I'm down to 380, and my diabetes is in remission. A1C has been 5.3 the last few times.

So even with all that, I'm still freaking out a little. Maybe I have mild PTSD from my ICU stay? I don't know. But for what it's worth, at this point in my infection last year, my blood oxygen was 81. It's currently sitting at 97. Even with that, I'm still terrified, though. Don't know if I'll get any sleep because I'll be checking my O2 every 10 minutes.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4528 on: November 06, 2022, 05:45:52 AM »
Damn dude.  Sorry to hear that - I would suspect much of the fear is coming from between your ears.  With the state of the pandemic atm, it's highly unlikely you'll get it as bad as last year.

Fingers crossed for you though.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4529 on: November 06, 2022, 02:10:20 PM »
If your A1C is 5.3 then...I don't know. Just keep losing the weight.
I have Type 2 and I would love to get to a 5.3.

Your body is much better prepared to handle the Covid. Try to relax, dude.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4530 on: November 22, 2022, 02:49:18 PM »
Just got home from the immediate care for what I expected to be a sinus infection and was informed I also tested positive for Covid. Not great, what with the respiratory issues my wife is going through right now. Needless to say, I now have to quarantine for 5 days. Good times.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4531 on: November 22, 2022, 06:59:28 PM »
Just got home from the immediate care for what I expected to be a sinus infection and was informed I also tested positive for Covid. Not great, what with the respiratory issues my wife is going through right now. Needless to say, I now have to quarantine for 5 days. Good times.

You can't catch a break mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4532 on: November 22, 2022, 07:05:23 PM »

You can't catch a break mate.

Tell me about it. You sound like my coworkers. They are in utter disbelief over our 'luck' lately. Even better, my son tested positive as well.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4533 on: November 22, 2022, 07:19:42 PM »
Hopefully,  your son like most youth have very little symptoms.   Us grownups get hit a little more.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4534 on: November 22, 2022, 09:09:12 PM »
They prescribed me that Paxlovid drug for the Covid. 30 pills in 5 days. Hoping that helps me along. Thankfully, my wife tested negative. A positive test for her would be a ticket straight into the hospital.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4535 on: November 22, 2022, 09:19:53 PM »
Hang in there, PP.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4536 on: November 22, 2022, 11:06:51 PM »
30 pills in 5 days?!  :eek
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4537 on: November 23, 2022, 06:36:22 AM »
They prescribed me that Paxlovid drug for the Covid. 30 pills in 5 days. Hoping that helps me along. Thankfully, my wife tested negative. A positive test for her would be a ticket straight into the hospital.

30?  Mine was only 2 a day for 5 days.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4538 on: November 23, 2022, 06:40:50 AM »

30?  Mine was only 2 a day for 5 days.
Huh, I was also 30 in 5 days. It was 3 pills at once, twice a day.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4539 on: November 23, 2022, 06:45:39 AM »
Not mine.  Weird. I had a ten pills.  2 a day.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4540 on: November 23, 2022, 08:02:31 AM »
Thinking about you, Prof.  Hoping for the best of a shitty situation for you and your family.

:heart

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4541 on: November 23, 2022, 10:22:20 AM »
Thinking about you, Prof.  Hoping for the best of a shitty situation for you and your family.

Thanks man. You sure nailed it. Makes you ask, what else can happen? I probably shouldn't ask that.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4542 on: November 23, 2022, 12:01:47 PM »

Thanks man. You sure nailed it. Makes you ask, what else can happen? I probably shouldn't ask that.

Shingles?

Offline emtee

« Reply #4543 on: November 23, 2022, 12:17:47 PM »
Sorry to hear, Prof P. You're on a rough patch of road right now for sure.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4544 on: November 23, 2022, 12:29:37 PM »

Shingles?

:lol

I'm 46. Guaranteed I'm getting that vax as soon as I can. Known several people who have suffered that and it sounds beyond awful.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4545 on: November 23, 2022, 01:26:57 PM »
Wish you a speedy recovery.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4546 on: November 23, 2022, 01:37:16 PM »
Shingles?

- Sean Connery, looking at his facebook advertisements.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4547 on: November 24, 2022, 08:10:26 PM »
Well, my son lost his sense of taste and smell today. I'm getting the most sick from the Paxlovid. Stuff is nasty. Makes me feel way worse after I take it, but that is considered normal. Couple that with the awful taste it gives me in my mouth, such a foul medicine.

My buddy texted me and his daughter, who is the same age as my son, came down with it and she is extremely sick. Looking more like when and not if you get sick with this.

Just ordered a bunch of N95 masks for the post-isolation days. Also need to order more antigen tests so we can test starting on Monday to try and clear the post-isolation phase a little sooner. My insurance gives me 8 at a time for free via a prescription so that is nice, I guess.

Still have 3 more days of isolation to go. So glad I bought a new bed recently. If I had to do this on our old bed my back would be destroyed. The big wedge pillows are an extra bonus for sitting in bed. It's not too bad. I don't mind being alone. My wife is going stir crazy with me not around though. She's really struggling with this.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4548 on: November 24, 2022, 08:13:45 PM »
Jesus, man. You need a time machine and set it to three weeks from now.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4549 on: November 28, 2022, 08:34:49 AM »
Tested negative today. Still have to get my son when he wakes up. I was thinking about when/how I could have come down with this and started to realize I think I was on the back half of the infection when I tested positive. I have to believe I was already 4-5 days in when I tested positive. Nothing else makes sense to me.