Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 196443 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #4480 on: October 06, 2022, 07:46:31 AM »
On the plus side I've lost 7 pounds since catching the virus. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4481 on: October 08, 2022, 06:38:45 PM »
When I got covid back in February I lost near 10 pounds, it just killed my appetite. That was my longest lasting symptom.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #4482 on: October 13, 2022, 06:17:02 PM »
I found this article to be surprising/alarming.  Ever heard of medium Covid?

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/10/covid-symptoms-medium-term-post-infection-complications/671684/

This part in particular:

When scientists analyzed Sweden’s national health registry, for example, they found that the chance of developing pulmonary embolism—an often deadly clot in the lungs—was a startling 32 times higher in the first month after testing positive for the virus; after that, it quickly diminished. The clots were only two times more common at 60 days after infection, and the effect was indistinguishable from baseline after three to four months. A post-infection risk of heart attack and stroke was also evident, and declined just as expeditiously. In July, U.K. epidemiologists corroborated the Swedish findings, showing that a heightened rate of cardiovascular disease among COVID patients could be detected up to 12 weeks after they got sick. Then the hazard went away.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist but if you or someone you love has recently had Covid, please be vigilant about any lingering symptoms and when in doubt - don't delay contacting your doctor.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4483 on: October 13, 2022, 06:31:13 PM »
So is that the same as Mild Covid?
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Harmony

« Reply #4484 on: October 14, 2022, 11:08:58 AM »
Did you read the article?
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4485 on: October 14, 2022, 08:32:25 PM »
When I got covid back in February I lost near 10 pounds, it just killed my appetite. That was my longest lasting symptom.

oh man, that is crazy. When I had it, it was the exact opposite. I have ravenous hunger. It felt like I was completely exhausted and I could not stop eating, like as if to rebuild strength.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #4486 on: October 30, 2022, 09:22:30 AM »
Well, it’s my turn. Caught it while on vacation at Universal in Orlando. Woke up feeling off Friday morning, by the afternoon was in full blown aches, chills, and started vomit by evening. Thankfully our flight home wasn’t until Saturday night. Took a test when we got home and it it turned positive within a minute.

I’m sure being trapped in an underground cavern for an hour because Hagrids Motorbike ride broke down or being in multiple 2 hour wait lines to see Halloween Horror Night scare houses had little to do with.  ;)
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Skeever

« Reply #4487 on: October 30, 2022, 05:51:11 PM »
Bivalent'd up this week. Side effects were not bad at all, just a bit tired.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #4488 on: October 30, 2022, 07:27:10 PM »
Bivalent'd up this week. Side effects were not bad at all, just a bit tired.

Same. Got mine on Friday. Outside of a really sore shoulder and a headache, it was all good.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4489 on: October 30, 2022, 08:54:18 PM »
Got mine this morning, no aftereffects so far, but I didn't have any with my previous 4 shots.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4490 on: October 31, 2022, 05:45:08 AM »
Well, it’s my turn. Caught it while on vacation at Universal in Orlando. Woke up feeling off Friday morning, by the afternoon was in full blown aches, chills, and started vomit by evening. Thankfully our flight home wasn’t until Saturday night. Took a test when we got home and it it turned positive within a minute.

I’m sure being trapped in an underground cavern for an hour because Hagrids Motorbike ride broke down or being in multiple 2 hour wait lines to see Halloween Horror Night scare houses had little to do with.  ;)

Suck, hope it's a quick one. Feel better.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4491 on: October 31, 2022, 08:08:03 AM »
jingle.family got ours a few weeks back - with me being out more often, and jingle.daughter starting her school placements, and it being 'indoor' season, better to be proactive on this measure, imo.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #4492 on: October 31, 2022, 08:40:22 AM »
I had the second booster back in may of this year then I did get covid in early july so I have to wait a bit until I can get the new bivalent shot but I’ll likely get it as well just to be on the safe side. 

Offline Skeever

« Reply #4493 on: November 01, 2022, 07:10:23 AM »
I have stopped masking everywhere except one place - the light rail that I take to work, especially in these flu season months. My son got a bad flu that required oral steroids to overcome a few weeks ago, and I've had a linger cough/congestion for several weeks now. I think I picked it up on the train, and so this week I reinstituted a practice that was common from when I lived in Asia - people, especially those who are getting sick or getting over something, masking up in dense, crowded spaces.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4494 on: November 02, 2022, 07:12:27 AM »
Well…now it happened to me.

So we flew into Orlando last Friday with the plan of spending 1 week visiting my son, his wife, and my new baby granddaughter…and then a second week with just the wife and me at Disney World and Universal, returning home on Saturday the 12.

During our visit on Sunday, my throat felt a little bit scratchy, and Monday morning I woke up feeling like death. I hadn’t lost any sense of taste, but I had what felt like a really bad head cold (sinus congestion draining into lungs making for a bad cough). I thought it was just a head cold, but I wanted to err on the side of caution for the baby, so I picked up a home test kit and did two tests to be sure. Both came back positive.   

At first we feared the worst. That our ENTIRE trip was canceled, and we would have to just sequester in our hotel room for the entire two weeks and then go home. But we called the front desk, and they only ask that we stay in our rooms for 5 days.  That really surprised me…but it surprised me even more when I called Costco travel and they said that all the Covid disclaimers at both theme parks had been removed from their websites, and all Covid restrictions had been lifted!!

I’m still not entirely certain how this is going to pan out. My symptoms were actually pretty mild (the actual head cold I got last March was worse) and as of today (Wednesday) I’m already about 75% back to normal. Mrs. Dude tested negative on Monday, but after being forced to be sequestered with me, she started showing mild symptoms and just tested positive today.   But basically, we’ve been told that as long as we are symptom free by next Monday, we can proceed at our own discretion.

What do you guys think? If you were symptom free but possibly still a carrier, would you proceed with your 8K trip? Or start asking for refunds?
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4495 on: November 02, 2022, 07:41:18 AM »
Personally, as long as I felt up to it, I go on with the vacation. You literally flew cross country to spend a week in a hotel and then fly back home?

Maybe you could skip the theme parks and see your family the second week. That would have to be up to them and you might not be able to "hold" the baby.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #4496 on: November 02, 2022, 08:02:19 AM »
The general thought is that after 5 days, you are not very contagious anymore.  You can always wear a mask and/or social distance when you're around people, especially family. 

When we had newborn babies, we always asked family to wash their hands before holding them.  I think I'd be fine if a family member wanted to hold our baby and was honest by saying "hey, I just got over covid, but I'll wash my hands, wear a mask while holding her and keep my face away from theirs." 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4497 on: November 02, 2022, 08:18:42 AM »
If you are symptom free, I'd say mask up (mostly because its so soon and you will be around people, so be nice to them) and try to enjoy yourself.   It seems a lot of people are getting over it fairly quickly these days.

My brother just tested positive.  He thinks he had it back right before I did, his fiance tested positive and he was sick but his tests never came up positive.  Now it just did and his fiance is negative this time.  There's so many situations I've heard of like this.   Either way, he actually says he felt worse back then than now.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #4498 on: November 02, 2022, 08:37:07 AM »
I’m on day 5 after contracting it in Orlando (must be a cesspool there).

First 24 was easily the worst, but after feeling 50% better the second day it’s been a slow climb to feeling normal. Still congested, still coughing, still tired.  There are moments I feel “spaced out” so to say, I get angry for no reason, walking the dog wears me out. I’m not feeling myself at all.

I’m allowed to go back to work Friday so that’ll be interesting. I work at a sporting goods store that is severely understaffed and currently over stocked with product. My fuse was already short at work so I hope my head is clear enough to not have any extra drama to deal with.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4499 on: November 02, 2022, 11:19:18 AM »
I managed to get this shot on Saturday before I got sick.

That’s me with my son and 5 month old granddaughter.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4500 on: November 02, 2022, 11:25:30 AM »
Holy shit... You're Cram3x's dad  :omg:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4501 on: November 02, 2022, 11:27:57 AM »
 :rollin :rollin
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4502 on: November 02, 2022, 11:31:17 AM »

I take it my son looks like him?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4503 on: November 02, 2022, 11:33:01 AM »

I thought the exact same thing!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4504 on: November 02, 2022, 11:33:40 AM »
Someone wanna post a pic of Marc... I'm mobile

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4505 on: November 02, 2022, 11:33:50 AM »
Jamx3 style!!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4506 on: November 02, 2022, 11:33:57 AM »

I take it my son looks like him?

Were you aware that your son is a well known DTF poster?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4507 on: November 02, 2022, 11:38:05 AM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin i can see it

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4508 on: November 02, 2022, 11:41:01 AM »
 :rollin :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4509 on: November 02, 2022, 12:37:24 PM »
I managed to get this shot on Saturday before I got sick.

That’s me with my son and 5 month old granddaughter.

I'm kinda thinking Jammindude and Stadler were separated at birth.   :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4510 on: November 02, 2022, 12:39:37 PM »

I'm kinda thinking Jammindude and Stadler were separated at birth.   :lol

I've often referred to Ben as Stadler West just based on non sensical musical opinions.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4511 on: November 02, 2022, 12:43:12 PM »
Oh geeze, I can see that too  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4512 on: November 02, 2022, 12:46:41 PM »
OMG IS THAT BILL???

This is honestly the first time I’ve ever seen a picture of him. It’s like a fluffy Jammin!!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4513 on: November 02, 2022, 12:49:17 PM »
I knew this forum attracted a certain type, but I didn't know it attracted a certain phenotype!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #4514 on: November 02, 2022, 12:58:43 PM »
Good lord that's frightening