Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 193163 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #4445 on: September 25, 2022, 10:57:03 AM »
Six days after I became symptomatic I'm closing in on symptom free. Temp is pretty close to normal at 97.7. Throat's still sore, and the typical nagging cough you have after a cold, but otherwise I feel alright. At the same time the antigen test still turned insta-red, so I'm presumably still sporting a huge load of bugs. I was very fortunate that the massive fatigue was never an issue, but at the same time sitting around the house for a week hasn't exactly filled me with vim.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4446 on: September 25, 2022, 12:42:11 PM »
Glad to hear the update. Assuming you binged some other films/genres based on your post in Movies/TV?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4447 on: September 25, 2022, 01:00:45 PM »
Headaches (sinus pressure) at all El Barto?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4448 on: September 25, 2022, 01:44:18 PM »
Glad to hear the update. Assuming you binged some other films/genres based on your post in Movies/TV?
Watched the first two MiB movies, but mostly stuck with Star Trek. Some DS9 episodes in honour of Louise Fletcher, but mostly more silly fair.

Cold symptoms were honestly quite mild. Did have a headache early on, but unrelated to sinus pressure. Had a bit of sinus pressure a couple of days in, but again it was very mild. Only real issue I had is the nagging cough and accompanying scratchy throat. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4449 on: September 25, 2022, 02:03:30 PM »
That's good new sir.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4450 on: September 26, 2022, 11:27:03 AM »
Strangely, my sense of smell took a big hit last night. It's not gone, but it's not particularly strong right now, either. Other than that I'm symptom free, though still testing very positive. Seems odd that it'd go away after I seem to have fought the whole thing off. I can smell alcohol, vinegar, coffee, etc., but I really have to get right up on it. Thankfully, I've still got enough to maintain my sense of taste. I was certainly able to enjoy my coffee this morning.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4451 on: September 26, 2022, 06:00:30 PM »
Watched the first two MiB movies, but mostly stuck with Star Trek. Some DS9 episodes in honour of Louise Fletcher, but mostly more silly fair.

Cold symptoms were honestly quite mild. Did have a headache early on, but unrelated to sinus pressure. Had a bit of sinus pressure a couple of days in, but again it was very mild. Only real issue I had is the nagging cough and accompanying scratchy throat.

Big fan of Louise Fletcher.   And you being largely symptom free. ,)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4452 on: September 26, 2022, 07:26:14 PM »
Spent a good chunk of last week with fever, sore throat and body aches, then the rest of the week with congestion. Tested positive on Monday (Symptoms started last Saturday) but by Friday I was negative with lingering symptoms until yesterday.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4453 on: September 27, 2022, 05:43:19 AM »
I have two flights in Europe today. People voluntarily masking up is less than 10% I'd wager.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4454 on: September 27, 2022, 08:23:09 AM »
I have two flights in Europe today. People voluntarily masking up is less than 10% I'd wager.

I'd put it closer to 5% from when I flew from EWR to AMS last week.  Honestly not surprising.  It's slowly been going down the last year the amount of people masked up.

Spent a good chunk of last week with fever, sore throat and body aches, then the rest of the week with congestion. Tested positive on Monday (Symptoms started last Saturday) but by Friday I was negative with lingering symptoms until yesterday.

Glad you recovered fairly quickly.  I'm also glad I didn't catch it from you. :yarr

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4455 on: September 28, 2022, 07:47:56 AM »

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that, but grateful it doesn't seem to be that big a burden.   :tup

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4456 on: September 28, 2022, 07:48:24 AM »
I just flew to Florida and back - four legs - and I could count the maskers on two hands more or less.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4457 on: September 28, 2022, 09:00:04 AM »

I'd put it closer to 5% from when I flew from EWR to AMS last week.  Honestly not surprising.  It's slowly been going down the last year the amount of people masked up.

Seems a little mad to me given how much of a petri dish planes can be given their notoriously bad air quality. Interestingly enough, in Italy you should still mask up on public transport, except a plane....
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4458 on: September 28, 2022, 09:22:19 AM »

Seems a little mad to me given how much of a petri dish planes can be given their notoriously bad air quality. Interestingly enough, in Italy you should still mask up on public transport, except a plane....

But studies have shown that the airflow in planes (top to bottom) along with filtration is likely a reason why people don't typically get covid from flying.  But the airport itself is more likely to be a spot to get covid if you are stuck in a busy terminal than the plane it seems. 

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4459 on: September 29, 2022, 12:31:25 AM »
Since Covid started I've been my kid's school a couple times after hours since my wife works there, and once for an evening band concert. But otherwise haven't set foot inside the place since spring 2020. Tonight was Back to School night. My kid is in 6th grade and wife has taught there since before we met, so it's been a big part of our lives such that this night didn't hold any special significance, but at some point I stopped, looked around at all the kids and their families, and felt such happiness seeing all the smiles, kids with their friends, and just the joy of people being together. Without getting political, it is crazy to think we lost this for the better part of 2 years. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4460 on: September 29, 2022, 05:49:01 AM »

But studies have shown that the airflow in planes (top to bottom) along with filtration is likely a reason why people don't typically get covid from flying.  But the airport itself is more likely to be a spot to get covid if you are stuck in a busy terminal than the plane it seems. 

Or if you are on the plane for a while on the tarmac with the air systems off.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4461 on: September 29, 2022, 06:41:09 AM »
Thinking back, I did have a REALLY bad case of flu back in Feb 2020 (like the worst I've ever had) but I'm pretty certain it wasn't spreading in Germany at that time.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4462 on: October 02, 2022, 11:28:28 AM »
The lingering aspect of Covid really sucks ass. I've felt generally alright for over a week now, but I'm still not particularly healthy. Wound up scrubbing the Mexico Rammstein gig (and last night's looked great) because I didn't feel like I'd be able to spend ~7 hours on my feet. Had a nice evening in LA Friday night, but still felt kind of crappy that afternoon. In the meantime I'm still dealing with occasional cold-like symptoms that come and go. Considering how lucky I got with this whole thing, I can't complain, but even my lightweight version of it has still been a real drag. Can't imagine what it's like for the people who get waylaid by the thing. 
E.F. Benson

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4463 on: October 02, 2022, 12:59:33 PM »
Decided to hit a new aa meeting last night in a different town, get some new flavor to my recovery, and managed to find the one meeting of the more than a thousand in the greater SF Bay Area that still required masks. f

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4464 on: October 03, 2022, 06:43:31 AM »
The lingering aspect of Covid really sucks ass. I've felt generally alright for over a week now, but I'm still not particularly healthy. Wound up scrubbing the Mexico Rammstein gig (and last night's looked great) because I didn't feel like I'd be able to spend ~7 hours on my feet. Had a nice evening in LA Friday night, but still felt kind of crappy that afternoon. In the meantime I'm still dealing with occasional cold-like symptoms that come and go. Considering how lucky I got with this whole thing, I can't complain, but even my lightweight version of it has still been a real drag. Can't imagine what it's like for the people who get waylaid by the thing.

I hear too many stories of this not going completely away like a cold does.  I feel like I can endure anything for a finite period; I think that indefinite "tail" would be a very hard thing to accept.

I'm sorry you missed your show; I know how much you were looking forward to it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4465 on: October 03, 2022, 07:01:17 AM »
Colds always seem to have lingering affects for me.  A lingering cough from nasal drip for example.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4466 on: October 03, 2022, 04:12:00 PM »
Well f*** me. Joined the club El Barto.   Tested positive  For covid today. Now I can't go to Progstock.

101.2 temp.
Aches and pain.
Coughing.
Nasal pressure and drip.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #4467 on: October 03, 2022, 04:13:04 PM »
Damn. Feel better folks.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4468 on: October 03, 2022, 04:15:26 PM »
Jeesh Joe. I hope you feel better. Have you ruled out going completely even if you feel up to it?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4469 on: October 03, 2022, 04:22:59 PM »
Jeesh Joe. I hope you feel better. Have you ruled out going completely even if you feel up to it?
He won't. It's kind of surprising how long it'll bug you. My actual covid symptoms have been gone for nearly 10 days. It's just a general funk that stuck around long enough to hamper my plans.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4470 on: October 03, 2022, 04:51:57 PM »
I wish but no

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4471 on: October 03, 2022, 04:59:14 PM »
Dang, that sucks to hear, fellas. :( :(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4472 on: October 04, 2022, 08:23:32 AM »
Well f*** me. Joined the club El Barto.   Tested positive  For covid today. Now I can't go to Progstock.

101.2 temp.
Aches and pain.
Coughing.
Nasal pressure and drip.

That sucks, some shit timing on top of it all.  Get well soon.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4473 on: October 04, 2022, 08:37:02 AM »

101.2 temp.
Aches and pain.
Coughing.
Nasal pressure and drip.
Feel better Joe, it seems the fall wave is here  :(

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4474 on: October 04, 2022, 09:00:40 AM »
No fever this morning. No sinus pressure. Wife going to get my prescription for Paxovid. Doctor says my vaccine and booster are helping limit the big issues.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4475 on: October 04, 2022, 09:34:50 AM »
FYI, Paxlovid will give you a bad taste in the back of your mouth about 1-2 hours after you take them. I was taking cough drop to minimize the taste so I would recommend having something of the sort to help.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4476 on: October 04, 2022, 09:45:41 AM »
Thanks.  I'll drink a lot of Gatorade. No candies or mints ect in my house.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4477 on: October 05, 2022, 04:28:56 AM »
Doctor says my vaccine and booster are helping limit the big issues.

Obvious statement is obvious.

Glad it's settling down for you bro.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4478 on: October 05, 2022, 05:53:00 PM »
Well, the wife and godson has it. Now we can all hang indoors. Lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4479 on: October 06, 2022, 06:55:37 AM »
Well, the wife and godson has it. Now we can all hang indoors. Lol

I wish you guys well; I hope you get back to normal as quick as possible.