Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 194773 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #4165 on: June 09, 2022, 01:43:57 PM »
It especially bums me out not just because of how much I enjoy him on the forum,
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4166 on: June 09, 2022, 01:45:18 PM »
I'm hopeful he and Bosk can work things out in private. I doubt either one wants this to be going this far.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #4167 on: June 09, 2022, 02:00:02 PM »
It especially bums me out not just because of how much I enjoy him on the forum,
I am acknowledging my subjectivity, cut me some slack :lol

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4168 on: June 09, 2022, 02:07:12 PM »
I am acknowledging my subjectivity, cut me some slack :lol

Oh... I was just agreeing with you that I enjoy him on the forum too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4169 on: June 09, 2022, 02:09:58 PM »
Can you nail a 6" spike with your.........

That was yesterday, what have you done for me today?

I thought it was "not at the moment."
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4170 on: June 09, 2022, 02:10:29 PM »
Can you nail a 6" spike with your.........

That was yesterday, what have you done for me today?

I thought it was "not at the moment."

Oh it was. But the pic just reminded me of another of my favorite lines from it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #4171 on: June 09, 2022, 02:10:46 PM »
Ow, misunderstood :heart Right, that type of cut out quoting with no comment is sometimes used to highlight something funny someone said, but of course you wouldn't be caught dead using an internet social norm invented after the year 2006 :biggrin:

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4172 on: June 09, 2022, 02:12:22 PM »
Ow, misunderstood :heart Right, that type of cut out quoting with no comment is sometimes used to highlight something funny someone said, but of course you wouldn't be caught dead using an internet social norm invented after the year 2006 :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4173 on: June 09, 2022, 02:12:35 PM »
 ;D

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4174 on: June 09, 2022, 02:32:35 PM »

Something that closely resembles a DTF train wreck of sorts.  ???
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4175 on: June 09, 2022, 02:36:00 PM »

MoraWinterSoul is currently my favorite poster on this forum.  :) :) :) :)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4176 on: June 09, 2022, 02:38:51 PM »

:lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4177 on: June 09, 2022, 03:00:55 PM »

MoraWinterSoul is currently my favorite poster on this forum.  :) :) :) :)

:mora:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4178 on: June 09, 2022, 03:18:23 PM »
What does it matter what other people do when it quite literally has ZERO impact on you (royal)? 

Not much.  But I'm not seeing that it "matters" to anyone in this thread.  And not sure why people are reporting posts.  After reading through the whole thing, seems like a big "nothing to see here."  My take from reading the posts:  Melphina posted that he tested 4 times, while being asymptomatic.  TAC, Woflk, and maybe another one or two questioned why someone would test that many times and asked why, since it is a bit odd to test that many times, especially if not having symptoms.  Melphina for some reason took the questioning personally and got defensive, causing TAC and Wolfk to feel they had to explain themselves and re-post the same thing, of basically "I just find it strange that someone would test that many times for no reason."  And round and round following the same pattern.  Am I missing something?

What does it matter what other people do when it quite literally has ZERO impact on you (royal)? 

Not much.  But I'm not seeing that it "matters" to anyone in this thread.  And not sure why people are reporting posts.  After reading through the whole thing, seems like a big "nothing to see here."  My take from reading the posts:  Melphina posted that he tested 4 times, while being asymptomatic.  TAC, Woflk, and maybe another one or two questioned why someone would test that many times and asked why, since it is a bit odd to test that many times, especially if not having symptoms.  Melphina for some reason took the questioning personally and got defensive, causing TAC and Wolfk to feel they had to explain themselves and re-post the same thing, of basically "I just find it strange that someone would test that many times for no reason."  And round and round following the same pattern.  Am I missing something?

Uh.. well, I got defensive when people told me to "stop worrying" and I kept listing a plethora of valid reasons why I was testing and Kade continued to grill me about it and was told that it was obsessive to take less than a handful of tests. But yes, "for some reason" I got defensive. I do not understand why on earth someone would find it strange that I test once a day after a crowded festival in a big city. Come on. Don't gaslight me please, that's really what this feels like when I explain myself to exasperation and I'm still met with people who are confused by my reasoning. I think I've been completely normal and fair and reasonable. Sorry for the trouble. I'll shut up about it now :/

Wow, I was reported?  :lol  :lol :lol

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4179 on: June 09, 2022, 03:31:31 PM »
This isn't directed at anyone specifically, just something that has evolved over the last 2.5 years in society.  What does it matter what other people do when it quite literally has ZERO impact on you (royal)?  That's one of the big things that this fucking pandemic has done to society I believe - so much questioning/challenging other peoples choices, actions, behaviours.  TBH, it's my (and a lot of other people) belief that not worrying until you start to feel sick is very much NOT sensible (generally speaking).  Case in point - my situation.  If I did nothing until I was symptomatic, then I am 100% certain that the jingle.family would have caught it.  And we all know this virus hits everyone differently, from asymptomatic, to sniffles, to a case of a bad flu, to hospitalization, to death.  Jingle.son had asthma as a child, so for me (and many others), it would be far from sensible to just wait to see symptoms before taking action.

But in the end, you do you (I type that with no sarcasm at all).  Genuinely, everyone can do what works for them, and I ain't gonna be bothered if it has no impact on me or my wellbeing in any way.  I did me (for my situation, I didn't see a need to test until I was symptomatic).  Mike can do Mike - if wants to test daily, who fucking cares and it shouldn't it matter or bother or make anyone wonder anything/

Chad, I love you man, I really do, but this is aimed at me and Tim.

I'll just put out there that I really actually don't give a shit what others do.  After my year, lol, trust me, there's very little in life I give a fuck about right now.  At the end of the day, when everything is said and done, nothing matters.  I've seen that.  My view on reality has altered so people taking tests has less than zero impact on me.

I come from a very different perspective with the whole COVID thing and I was mainly just super curious on the whole over obsession with testing, especially when one isn't sick at all.  Look, I'm not vaccinated at all.  I'm not anti whatsoever, more power to people and each to their own but I just choose not to, I've never been a big jabber.  I've been heavily judged for my take but that's water off a ducks back, couldn't give two fucks.  I even fought my work and won when they tried to mandate it.  So, yes, my perception on everything is different to most, and luckily I've had flus worse than COVID so that ramps up my curiosity even more.  I'm not trying to trivialize it because I know for some it's serious.

Look, I just feel people obsess their lives these days worrying about it.  You know, you could walk outside and be dead before you know it.  Life is short and could be gone in a second, trust me I know!  So, it's fascinating to me when people obsess and monopolize their time over it but again, each to their own.

But from someone who has cheated death, stop worrying about COVID and if you MIGHT catch it or be exposed to it.  Once you catch it, you get over it and move on.  My thinking is, fate plays a part, those that have died with COVID, their time was up, simple as that.  The rest of us that get over it in a couple of days, it's not a big issue, life goes on.  This isn't directed at you Chad just some thinking from my perspective at the moment, but seriously, when we say 'stop worrying,' it means just that, cause life can end before your eyes without you even knowing.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4180 on: June 09, 2022, 04:01:00 PM »
This isn't directed at anyone specifically, just something that has evolved over the last 2.5 years in society.  What does it matter what other people do when it quite literally has ZERO impact on you (royal)?  That's one of the big things that this fucking pandemic has done to society I believe - so much questioning/challenging other peoples choices, actions, behaviours.  TBH, it's my (and a lot of other people) belief that not worrying until you start to feel sick is very much NOT sensible (generally speaking).  Case in point - my situation.  If I did nothing until I was symptomatic, then I am 100% certain that the jingle.family would have caught it.  And we all know this virus hits everyone differently, from asymptomatic, to sniffles, to a case of a bad flu, to hospitalization, to death.  Jingle.son had asthma as a child, so for me (and many others), it would be far from sensible to just wait to see symptoms before taking action.

But in the end, you do you (I type that with no sarcasm at all).  Genuinely, everyone can do what works for them, and I ain't gonna be bothered if it has no impact on me or my wellbeing in any way.  I did me (for my situation, I didn't see a need to test until I was symptomatic).  Mike can do Mike - if wants to test daily, who fucking cares and it shouldn't it matter or bother or make anyone wonder anything/

I'm serious as a heart attack when I say it is/was not.  My post may have been partially triggered by your/Tim's posts, but I cannot express with enough sincerity that these comments of were not at, or directed to, or about you/Tim specifically.  I've seen, read and personally experienced (outside of DTF - yes!  I actually do have life outside of DTF) too much of this kind of behaviour over the last 2 years.

I'm not anti whatsoever, more power to people and each to their own but I just choose not to, I've never been a big jabber.  I've been heavily judged for my take but that's water off a ducks back, couldn't give two fucks. I even fought my work and won when they tried to mandate it.

Dude... and you know I love you just as much back, but this statement is literally an example of someone opposed to being vaccinated.  You aren't the stereotypical "anti-vax" person, but you literally went to some length to not vaccinate yourself.  This is the literal definition of being against/anti-vax(ccination).  Just own it man. :lol

But from someone who has cheated death, stop worrying about COVID and if you MIGHT catch it or be exposed to it.  Once you catch it, you get over it and move on. 

Literally millions - maybe 10s of millions - of people can't/haven't/aren't able to just "move on".  Over 6M dead worldwide, and still a couple thousand people per day are dying from this.  Look, mrs.jingle also very much believes that everything happens for a reason.  Doesn't mean people can't take reasonable steps to prevent bad outcomes, and everyone's definition of reasonable steps is different.  For someone who died in a head on collision that chose not to or forgot to wear a seatbelt, I'm not sure I would think that it was their time to go.  That's me though (no snark or sarcasm).  I don't suspect you would tell someone who got into your car not to worry about wearing a seatbelt... "hey, we MIGHT get into a car accident, but once we do we'll get over any injuries".  :lol  Ok, there's a little sarcasm there.  ;)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4181 on: June 09, 2022, 04:17:29 PM »
Mate, my work wanted to mandate the vaccine for all staff or else we lost our jobs.  Now, I wasn't going to quit my job over it, I'm not that stupid, I would have gotten it, but I don't go down without a fight.

They wanted staff to be vaccinated yet we didn't need to check the status of our customers.  So vaccinated or non vaccinated people could enter the facility.  So I potentially was being forced to vaccinate while I could have 200 people using the pool that I'm watching that aren't vaccinated?!?  Fuck that. 

There were holes in the conditions they were going by in relation to us getting vaccinated and I pulled it apart and they were wrong.  I stand up for my staff with what I feel is right.  If it came down to it, as I said I was getting it, but the basis around it didn't make sense and I've always challenged things like that.

Anti vax, whatever, it's just a title, at the end of the day, I couldn't care less if I am or not.  I'm fine being judged about it, it doesn't matter.

As for the other stuff, we just have to agree to disagree I think.  Over 6M dead, oh well, their time was up.  The dude who didn't put on a seatbelt and died from a crash, oh well, he's fault for forgetting, his time was up.  Again, I should be dead, so my viewpoint is fucked as I struggle through things, but man, I do love you, but I do think you need to relax on the whole thing just a little.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4182 on: June 09, 2022, 04:26:19 PM »
Well...I've been feeling unwell, I noticed this when I was at work the other day, I had started to feel a headache. I also haven't had time to rest from ProgPower and went straight to work closing, and opening the next day. I was off yesterday, and felt more fatigue, slept most of the day, and now have a dry cough. I took a home test and it came back positive. Yay me...

What I find fascinating is that even with all these "reasonable steps" they took at the festival, people still got it.

Am I worried about it...NO.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4183 on: June 09, 2022, 04:26:51 PM »
Wow, suddenly there's a lot of love in this thread! :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4184 on: June 09, 2022, 04:29:40 PM »
Anti Vax = Anti Cart Returns. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4185 on: June 09, 2022, 04:30:28 PM »

I'll just put out there that I really actually don't give a shit what others do.  After my year, lol, trust me, there's very little in life I give a fuck about right now.  At the end of the day, when everything is said and done, nothing matters.  I've seen that.  My view on reality has altered so people taking tests has less than zero impact on me.

I come from a very different perspective with the whole COVID thing and I was mainly just super curious on the whole over obsession with testing, especially when one isn't sick at all.  Look, I'm not vaccinated at all.  I'm not anti whatsoever, more power to people and each to their own but I just choose not to, I've never been a big jabber.  I've been heavily judged for my take but that's water off a ducks back, couldn't give two fucks.  I even fought my work and won when they tried to mandate it.  So, yes, my perception on everything is different to most, and luckily I've had flus worse than COVID so that ramps up my curiosity even more.  I'm not trying to trivialize it because I know for some it's serious.

Look, I just feel people obsess their lives these days worrying about it.  You know, you could walk outside and be dead before you know it.  Life is short and could be gone in a second, trust me I know!  So, it's fascinating to me when people obsess and monopolize their time over it but again, each to their own.

But from someone who has cheated death, stop worrying about COVID and if you MIGHT catch it or be exposed to it.  Once you catch it, you get over it and move on.  My thinking is, fate plays a part, those that have died with COVID, their time was up, simple as that.  The rest of us that get over it in a couple of days, it's not a big issue, life goes on.  This isn't directed at you Chad just some thinking from my perspective at the moment, but seriously, when we say 'stop worrying,' it means just that, cause life can end before your eyes without you even knowing.

Those that died from it, more than likely had bad health already. If you have breathing issues, this could be a problem.

I also have my views on why this virus came about. I contribute it to how our human lifestyles are and the resulting outcomes it has on our health. We are doing things to the planet itself and for me, I see this as the consequence for our actions. If we continue down this path, these "Plagues" will only get worse. I would think of it as a wake-up call for humanity to reassess our lifestyle, society, and the very things we are doing to the ecosystem of this planet.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4186 on: June 09, 2022, 04:31:57 PM »

NO!  I always return my carts dammit!  ;D

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4187 on: June 09, 2022, 04:36:09 PM »

Just gonna throw two things out there, that might or might not mean anything to you. One is that "obsessing" might not be the best way to describe an abundance of caution. The precautions we each choose to make cover a massive range, from complete disregard to fairly stringent measures. Describing any of them beyond a certain point as "obsessive" is an unnecessarily judgemental way to put it. I'm not calling you out. I seriously doubt you were trying to be judgemental. I'm must pointing out that others might reasonably take it that way. Just one of those things that people may not think about.

The other is that your stark "well, your time's up, mate" is missing a different point. I don't really disagree with the sentiment, but I think it's missing an important detail. I'm not afraid of being dead. Far from it. Covid is one of the most godawful ways to go out I can think of, though. We're talking very bottom of the list. Car crash and struck by lightning are blessings compared to them. I don't take precautions because I'm afraid of dying. I'm not. I take precautions because I'm afraid of dying after two weeks being unable to breathe. Again, just something to think about.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4188 on: June 09, 2022, 04:40:27 PM »
struck by lightning are blessings compared to them.

Not if you survive.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4189 on: June 09, 2022, 04:41:27 PM »

So everywhere we go shopping, my wife always returns the cart. I whip out phone and take her picture everytime, and I tell her I'm gonna email the manager so they can use that for the Employee Of The Month Board in the lunchroom.

This is when she won a couple of months ago!

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4190 on: June 09, 2022, 04:41:34 PM »

Just gonna throw two things out there, that might or might not mean anything to you. One is that "obsessing" might not be the best way to describe an abundance of caution. The precautions we each choose to make cover a massive range, from complete disregard to fairly stringent measures. Describing any of them beyond a certain point as "obsessive" is an unnecessarily judgemental way to put it. I'm not calling you out. I seriously doubt you were trying to be judgemental. I'm must pointing out that others might reasonably take it that way. Just one of those things that people may not think about.

The other is that your stark "well, your time's up, mate" is missing a different point. I don't really disagree with the sentiment, but I think it's missing an important detail. I'm not afraid of being dead. Far from it. Covid is one of the most godawful ways to go out I can think of, though. We're talking very bottom of the list. Car crash and struck by lightning are blessings compared to them. I don't take precautions because I'm afraid of dying. I'm not. I take precautions because I'm afraid of dying after two weeks being unable to breathe. Again, just something to think about.

This entirely depends on your own health. It's why everyone should have went to see their doctors to assess where their health lies and how to go about it with their doctor, if they were so concerned about how Covid may possibly affect them. There are people that have went to their doctor and were told not to get a vaccine, my auntie was one of them.

If I go from Covid, then so be it. This world sucks anyways and it's going to hell anyways.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4191 on: June 09, 2022, 04:43:54 PM »
If I go from Covid, then so be it. This world sucks anyways and it's going to hell anyways.

As cynical as I am at the moment, I'm on board with this.  And yes, peoples underlying issues surely have a factor on how they handle COVID.

Maybe it's my struggles at the moment, but from what I've seen coming back from the dead just about, there's no need to be afraid of dying, there's a possibility whatever comes afterwards is better than where we are now anyway.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4192 on: June 09, 2022, 04:45:06 PM »

So everywhere we go shopping, my wife always returns the cart. I whip out phone and take her picture everytime, and I tell her I'm gonna email the manager so they can use that for the Employee Of The Month Board in the lunchroom.

This is when she won a couple of months ago!

Husband of the year right here.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4193 on: June 09, 2022, 04:45:32 PM »
Hell fucking yes! :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4194 on: June 09, 2022, 04:48:08 PM »
I took a home test and it came back positive. Yay me...

That sucks.  I hope you feel better soon. 

Also, another person I know from Progpower on facebook posted they are positive just today.

Mike's "obsessive" testing is showing to have been the prudent thing to do in such a situation of known covid spread and contact. 

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4195 on: June 09, 2022, 04:49:30 PM »

As cynical as I am at the moment, I'm on board with this.  And yes, peoples underlying issues surely have a factor on how they handle COVID.

Maybe it's my struggles at the moment, but from what I've seen coming back from the dead just about, there's no need to be afraid of dying, there's a possibility whatever comes afterwards is better than where we are now anyway.

I agree man. And I contribute my POV of death to how much death I have seen from many different reasons. I know Death is a part of life and there is nothing we can do about it. It's nature that things will wilt and die. We can try all we can to prevent it, but nature laughs. For myself, all I can do is just live life the best that I can and hope for a better future for the upcoming generations.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4196 on: June 09, 2022, 04:53:52 PM »

Also, another person I know from Progpower on facebook posted they are positive just today.

Mike's "obsessive" testing is showing to have been the prudent thing to do in such a situation of known covid spread and contact.

I only tested because I was having the symptoms.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4197 on: June 09, 2022, 04:56:03 PM »

I only tested because I was having the symptoms.

That's fine.  But people are getting sick 5 days later so it made sense for someone who has concerns to test for a period of time.  I personally have not tested since coming back, I have not felt sick.  If I feel like shit tomorrow, I would.  I don't expect to.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4198 on: June 09, 2022, 04:56:57 PM »

I agree man. And I contribute my POV of death to how much death I have seen from many different reasons. I know Death is a part of life and there is nothing we can do about it. It's nature that things will wilt and die. We can try all we can to prevent it, but nature laughs. For myself, all I can do is just live life the best that I can and hope for a better future for the upcoming generations.

We prevent it each day by our actions when we go about our life, but yeah, we just have to live the best we can but when our time is essentially up, there's nothing we can do about it.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4199 on: June 09, 2022, 04:59:22 PM »

This entirely depends on your own health. It's why everyone should have went to see their doctors to assess where their health lies and how to go about it with their doctor, if they were so concerned about how Covid may possibly affect them. There are people that have went to their doctor and were told not to get a vaccine, my auntie was one of them.
You presume that a doctor can tell you how you'll react. Dr. Kidney was very clear that he didn't have the foggiest idea how I'd react to covid because there's absolutely zero pattern to draw a conclusion from. He's had patients that were already on death's door shake it off like it was nothing, and he's had patients that were in perfectly good health drop dead. And mind you that 100% of his patients are in the high risk group. They get infected, they recover, they die, all at about the same rate as everybody else, and there's just no way of predicting how it'll go.

Did you even read what I wrote? I share your cynicism about life, so "so be it" is perfectly applicable when it comes to dying. Not about dying of a specific disease. Would you say "Oh, if I die of ALS, so be it?" 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson