Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 194406 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #4130 on: June 09, 2022, 09:48:35 AM »
Since you're new here, I'll offer some unsolicited advice:  Try not to take every time somebody asks you a question as a personal attack.  It usually isn't.  No need to be so defensive. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Lethean

« Reply #4131 on: June 09, 2022, 09:52:13 AM »
What does it matter what other people do when it quite literally has ZERO impact on you (royal)? 

Not much.  But I'm not seeing that it "matters" to anyone in this thread.  And not sure why people are reporting posts.  After reading through the whole thing, seems like a big "nothing to see here."  My take from reading the posts:  Melphina posted that he tested 4 times, while being asymptomatic.  TAC, Woflk, and maybe another one or two questioned why someone would test that many times and asked why, since it is a bit odd to test that many times, especially if not having symptoms.  Melphina for some reason took the questioning personally and got defensive, causing TAC and Wolfk to feel they had to explain themselves and re-post the same thing, of basically "I just find it strange that someone would test that many times for no reason."  And round and round following the same pattern.  Am I missing something?

If you're asking regarding the posts being reportable, I don't know.  But if you're asking in general, yes, I think so - I don't think that's quite an accurate description of how it went down.  I re-read it just now to make sure I'm not misremembering - They asked, he answered - not really defensively at all considering the THREE TESTS?? question might itself make someone defensive.  He made a joke about being Neo, and was told to quit worrying, which is kind of rude.  Then he explained a few more times, and the horse that was already dead and buried and decomposed was dug up and the bones were beaten some more.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #4132 on: June 09, 2022, 09:55:39 AM »
Since you're new here, I'll offer some unsolicited advice:  Try not to take every time somebody asks you a question as a personal attack.  It usually isn't.  No need to be so defensive.

I'm not new here.

I think I can read context very well. Don't tell someone to not be offended or upset if they clearly are. That is gaslighting. I don't take every question as a personal attack and I never even said they were attacks. But, you writing that does upset me because you are dismissing my concerns. Please don't.

Offline Melphina

« Reply #4133 on: June 09, 2022, 09:57:19 AM »
What does it matter what other people do when it quite literally has ZERO impact on you (royal)? 

Not much.  But I'm not seeing that it "matters" to anyone in this thread.  And not sure why people are reporting posts.  After reading through the whole thing, seems like a big "nothing to see here."  My take from reading the posts:  Melphina posted that he tested 4 times, while being asymptomatic.  TAC, Woflk, and maybe another one or two questioned why someone would test that many times and asked why, since it is a bit odd to test that many times, especially if not having symptoms.  Melphina for some reason took the questioning personally and got defensive, causing TAC and Wolfk to feel they had to explain themselves and re-post the same thing, of basically "I just find it strange that someone would test that many times for no reason."  And round and round following the same pattern.  Am I missing something?

If you're asking regarding the posts being reportable, I don't know.  But if you're asking in general, yes, I think so - I don't think that's quite an accurate description of how it went down.  I re-read it just now to make sure I'm not misremembering - They asked, he answered - not really defensively at all considering the THREE TESTS?? question might itself make someone defensive.  He made a joke about being Neo, and was told to quit worrying, which is kind of rude.  Then he explained a few more times, and the horse that was already dead and buried and decomposed was dug up and the bones were beaten some more.

Thank you.

Sorry, again, for the problems and derailing. Nothing more to say.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4134 on: June 09, 2022, 10:01:28 AM »
:lol  Well, not sure what you mean by "gaslighting."  But telling the folks who run this place what we can or cannot tell you to do is likely to end in your stay here remaining short. 

And, yeah, relatively speaking, 10 months is "new." 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Melphina

« Reply #4135 on: June 09, 2022, 10:04:00 AM »
:lol  Well, not sure what you mean by "gaslighting."  But telling the folks who run this place what we can or cannot tell you to do is likely to end in your stay here remaining short. 

And, yeah, relatively speaking, 10 months is "new."

I've been here for years. I'm telling you not to gaslight me which is disrespectful and you then laugh at me. Admin or not, Jerry, it is rude and uncalled for. I didn't do anything to you. That's not fair. I've asked politely several times.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4136 on: June 09, 2022, 10:13:16 AM »
Not sure whether you are using my first name because (1) you found my name online and are attempting a subtle threat by showing how adept you think you are at Internet sleuthing, or (2) you are a previously banned user who snuck back in her with a new account name.  Either way, you are breaking the forum rules, and people who have tried either of the above in the past have not been successful.  Whoever you are, good luck and goodbye.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4137 on: June 09, 2022, 10:28:18 AM »
I guess you missed the posts a few months back in the picture thread where Melphina disclosed he is Kattelox/Walrus/Mike?  My take is that he used your name to demonstrate that you very much *do* know each other.

Not sure which rules he broke - other than the assumption that you Bosk made that he was a banned user.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4138 on: June 09, 2022, 10:29:06 AM »
He probably went too far just now, but I'm on melphina's side.  This issue was resolved (all sides apologized and said they were good) before the bosk stepped in and made it worse.  Maybe the biggest mod blunder I've seen in all my years here. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4139 on: June 09, 2022, 10:33:03 AM »
He probably went too far just now, but I'm on melphina's side.  This issue was resolved (all sides apologized and said they were good) before the bosk stepped in and made it worse.  Maybe the biggest mod blunder I've seen in all my years here.

Not that there are "sides" to be had (imo), but I see Mike's point in how and why he responded to some of the posts the way he did.  I'd also disagree with Bosk's assessment of the exchanges, but agree that a little gas was drizzled a fire that was pretty much out.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4140 on: June 09, 2022, 10:35:16 AM »
The fire was already out though  :lol like why re-ignite that.  Everyone said their peace and moved on. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4141 on: June 09, 2022, 10:40:44 AM »
And where did he tell him what he could or could not do? He asked Bosk, politely, not to dismiss him, and got a snarky response in return. :dunno:
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4142 on: June 09, 2022, 10:45:48 AM »
And where did he tell him what he could or could not do? He asked Bosk, politely, not to dismiss him, and got a snarky response in return. :dunno:

Well, factually speaking, Mike did literally type "don't tell me" ... so that's the only thing I can think that Bosk was referring to.  But to then transition into Mod-Mode and threaten a ban over that specific comment is kinda over the top imo.  We all put our britches on one leg at a time, so a comment like that wasn't being critical of how the discussion was being moderated, and not a personal attack ... so again, I'm unclear what rule was broken to warrant a ban.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #4143 on: June 09, 2022, 10:47:19 AM »
Whatever happens, I'm a bit more disturbed that people were actually reporting this thread. 

But I'm trying to mind my own business because doing that is free. 
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4144 on: June 09, 2022, 10:50:29 AM »
I've said this before, but I really think Mods that are actively involved in threads/discussions should recuse themselves from banning users on the fly that they are directly interacting with.  Playing judge, jury, and executioner while one is also the plaintiff is unbalanced.

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #4145 on: June 09, 2022, 10:51:21 AM »
wait so did Bosk really not know that this is Mike? It wasn’t a secret or anything, I barely post here and I knew. 

edit: more to the point, as far as I recall he wasn’t banned he just deleted his former account I think.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4146 on: June 09, 2022, 10:52:16 AM »
Well that escalated predictably.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #4147 on: June 09, 2022, 11:03:45 AM »
Well, Bosk is the king of misdirection.  Does that mean we can call DTF Jerry world?   :lol :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline emtee

« Reply #4148 on: June 09, 2022, 11:24:16 AM »
That was the Walrus with a new name?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4149 on: June 09, 2022, 11:33:45 AM »

yup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4150 on: June 09, 2022, 11:36:53 AM »
Goo goo g'joob.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline emtee

« Reply #4151 on: June 09, 2022, 11:38:18 AM »

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4152 on: June 09, 2022, 11:42:13 AM »
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #4153 on: June 09, 2022, 01:09:36 PM »
So what will Kattlelox/Walrus/Melphina's next username be?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4154 on: June 09, 2022, 01:10:27 PM »

jingle.cuz
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4155 on: June 09, 2022, 01:11:28 PM »

NotMiketake4

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4156 on: June 09, 2022, 01:15:53 PM »
Bosk2
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4157 on: June 09, 2022, 01:18:18 PM »
Bandeeznutz

Online faizoff

« Reply #4158 on: June 09, 2022, 01:25:55 PM »

yup

I had no idea that was him. I last remember him posting a picture, don't remember which account that was from.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline T-ski

« Reply #4159 on: June 09, 2022, 01:29:23 PM »
When he called him Jerry….

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4160 on: June 09, 2022, 01:30:32 PM »
Can you nail a 6" spike with your.........
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4161 on: June 09, 2022, 01:31:21 PM »
Can you nail a 6" spike with your.........

That was yesterday, what have you done for me today?

I need to watch that movie again.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #4162 on: June 09, 2022, 01:33:32 PM »
I've said this before, but I really think Mods that are actively involved in threads/discussions should recuse themselves from banning users on the fly that they are directly interacting with.  Playing judge, jury, and executioner while one is also the plaintiff is unbalanced.
Seconding. I've been here on and off ten years and the only times I have ever felt there were blunders was in situations like these. It's almost predictable at this point that kerfuffles between regular users burn out much quicker and with less consequence than something between a mod and a user, when it should be the other way around.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4163 on: June 09, 2022, 01:34:03 PM »
I don't look at the Post Your Pictures Thread. I had no idea Melphina is Mike until he posted his pictures in the ProgPower thread. Even though I saw him at ProgPower I didn't talk to him, not out of any hatred or anything, but I myself don't really start conversations. I only talked to like 4 people who attended ProgPower, including Marc.

Ben, I never said I got it just from PPUSA. You also make a lot of assumptions about me in that post but they are invalidated by a post I already made the other night:

I don't see what the problem is with testing frequently. I had to travel to O'Hare and spent over 5 days in Atlanta around thousands of people.

You would not have had to lecture me if you just read that... sheesh.

Sorry if I came across as lecturing you. That's my bad. I also didn't see that post either.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #4164 on: June 09, 2022, 01:41:21 PM »
It especially bums me out not just because of how much I enjoy him on the forum, but also because he has contributed something interesting to this particular thread that apparently brought disagreement but was going to work itself out within a few replies. I have gone on this thread several times to straight up argue with people, not that politely, and not just defend myself, I guess I could have been warned or banned for a spot of heated discussion if a mod were online at the same time and participating in the discussion with a mod hat on.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise