Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 194833 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #2660 on: December 01, 2021, 12:30:38 PM »
Booster scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, my euro trip is a go ugh I'm not excited about any of this, but so be it.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2661 on: December 01, 2021, 02:31:04 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/01/health/omicron-first-us-case-california.html

The first case of infection with the Omicron variant of the coronavirus has been reported in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced on Wednesday.
The patient, a traveler who returned to California from South Africa on Nov. 22, is in isolation and aggressive contact tracing is underway. The individual was fully vaccinated and had mild symptoms that are improving.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2662 on: December 01, 2021, 02:32:43 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2663 on: December 01, 2021, 02:45:48 PM »
Yup, right here in good Ole San Francisco. We're at the forefront of everything it seems.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2664 on: December 01, 2021, 02:49:56 PM »
If the first case got to US soil 10 days ago, and this is more transmissible than Delta, then we can be damned sure there are A) there are thousands of undiagnosed cases out there, and B) it's across the entire country.

Also, see Adami's post.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Adami

« Reply #2665 on: December 01, 2021, 02:50:06 PM »
Yup, right here in good Ole San Francisco. We're at the forefront of everything it seems.

Ruh roh. That’s where I’m heading in a few weeks.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2666 on: December 01, 2021, 02:55:01 PM »

Wanna bet on that?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2667 on: December 01, 2021, 03:03:09 PM »

Wanna bet on that?

I'd bet there are no travel restrictions within the US if that's what you are betting on.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2668 on: December 01, 2021, 03:05:35 PM »

Wanna bet on that?

Real money or Canadian money?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2669 on: December 01, 2021, 03:15:59 PM »
WHO officially calling this one "Omicron"

It's a word scramble.  Supposed to be "Moronic".  :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2670 on: December 01, 2021, 03:17:22 PM »

Wanna bet on that?

Real money or Canadian money?

I'd like you to rip a Canadian 5 dollar bill in half.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2671 on: December 01, 2021, 03:25:18 PM »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #2672 on: December 01, 2021, 03:25:46 PM »

Yeah, that's where I too am heading.  It sucks that Metallica's anniversary has to fall in December at a time like this.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2673 on: December 02, 2021, 05:03:29 AM »

Wanna bet on that?

I'd bet there are no travel restrictions within the US if that's what you are betting on.

Nah... I wasn't implying formal travel restrictions domestically.  I was facetiously suggesting Adami might decide to ex-nay the trip.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2674 on: December 02, 2021, 07:19:38 AM »
The radio said that the San Francisco Bay Area doesn't need to be worried about omicron, since it'll be priced out and will have to move to the central valley like everything else.

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2675 on: December 02, 2021, 07:59:14 AM »
We locked down initially in March of 2020.  Covid was here months before that.

Spoiler alert:  Omicron is already here.  Has been for awhile now.

Keep calm and get boosted (if you want).   :chill

;)
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2676 on: December 02, 2021, 09:35:55 AM »
The radio said that the San Francisco Bay Area doesn't need to be worried about omicron, since it'll be priced out and will have to move to the central valley like everything else.

HAHA.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2677 on: December 02, 2021, 10:36:51 AM »
 :biggrin:

Second case confirmed in Minnesota, guy came back from a convention in NYC, so yeah, it's everywhere now.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2678 on: December 02, 2021, 10:41:27 AM »

Second case confirmed in Minnesota, guy came back from a convention in NYC, so yeah, it's everywhere now.

I'm honestly surprised America has no requirements for testing once entering the country and mandatory isolation until it comes back negative.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2679 on: December 02, 2021, 10:59:22 AM »

I'm honestly surprised America has no requirements for testing once entering the country and mandatory isolation until it comes back negative.

But mah freedumb!

What you said makes sense and therein lies the problem. We have people getting violent over putting a piece of cloth over their face. We'll never get this right as long as people are insolent.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Adami

« Reply #2680 on: December 02, 2021, 11:05:20 AM »
I get that.

When I went to Israel, they had mandatory testing IN the airport in order to get out. You had mandatory 24 hour isolation or until a negative result comes back. Much smaller country, obviously, but I don't see why America couldn't do something similar.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2681 on: December 02, 2021, 11:09:15 AM »
A lot of this is handled at the state level, not the Federal level. We don't now, but we - Connecticut - did have those protocols in place for a long time.   I would expect that if this variant continues to proliferate, we'll see them again.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2682 on: December 02, 2021, 11:41:33 AM »
Im starting...(very early stages) to become concerned about this becoming a bit of a big pharma scam.
My "common sense" brain....is right at the beginning of it's "wait a minute" ....type thinking.

Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2683 on: December 02, 2021, 11:45:00 AM »

I'm surprised I don't need a negative test at all to enter the EU.  It does look like the US may change the rules from a negative test up to 3 days before flying into the US to 1 day, but still I think you are right.  Should just be tested when you land as that's going to be the most up to date status.  It still won't be perfect, but it's much closer to getting this right as possible.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #2684 on: December 02, 2021, 11:54:03 AM »
What's going on when it comes to flying within states?  I'm flying from Santa Ana to San Francisco in California.  Would I just show that I got the vaccines including the booster?  Would I still need to take a negative test?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2685 on: December 02, 2021, 11:55:45 AM »
What's going on when it comes to flying within states?  I'm flying from Santa Ana to San Francisco in California.  Would I just show that I got the vaccines including the booster?  Would I still need to take a negative test?

Right now, yeah, I think you just need proof of vax.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2686 on: December 02, 2021, 11:59:11 AM »
There is no requirement for vaccines or testing to fly domestically in the US, you just need to wear a mask at all times from entering the airport until leaving the other airport.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2687 on: December 03, 2021, 03:10:59 PM »
Last I heard, you were required to be vaccinated OR provide proof of a clean test within the last 72 hours.

That’s the basic standard that I’m seeing not only for traveling but for most public gatherings.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2688 on: December 05, 2021, 12:14:44 PM »
I ended up just sticking with the J&J for the booster on Thursday, not a single side effect. 

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #2689 on: December 05, 2021, 07:13:57 PM »
Last I heard, you were required to be vaccinated OR provide proof of a clean test within the last 72 hours.

That’s the basic standard that I’m seeing not only for traveling but for most public gatherings.

Maybe that was from last year or something. I've flown a few times this year and did not have to show anything related to The Plague.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2690 on: December 06, 2021, 08:17:38 AM »
I just saw on the news this morning that international flights back into the US will require a negative covid test within 24 hours of your flight home.  It used to be 72 hours, but that is being changed.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2691 on: December 06, 2021, 08:31:59 AM »
I just saw on the news this morning that international flights back into the US will require a negative covid test within 24 hours of your flight home.  It used to be 72 hours, but that is being changed.

How would one even figure out, in a foreign country, how to obtain a negative test 24 hours before your flight? Not asking you, Grapp, just the policy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2692 on: December 06, 2021, 08:33:13 AM »

How would one even figure out, in a foreign country, how to obtain a negative test 24 hours before your flight? Not asking you, Grapp, just the policy.

You can get in line and do them at the airport.  This is what I will need to do in a couple weeks.  Got to make sure I get there nice and early and cross my fingers that I don't pull a positive.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2693 on: December 06, 2021, 08:35:05 AM »

You can get in line and do them at the airport.  This is what I will need to do in a couple weeks.  Got to make sure I get there nice and early and cross my fingers that I don't pull a positive.

OK. Aren't these quick tests like 30% inaccurate?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2694 on: December 06, 2021, 08:37:19 AM »

OK. Aren't these quick tests like 30% inaccurate?

I think closer to 95-99% accuracy.