Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 193060 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #2555 on: November 03, 2021, 01:55:31 PM »
Got my Pfizer booster yesterday, unlike my second dose where I was pretty sick for the next day, I’ve only gotten a slight headache and some dizziness this time.

And my 5G is flowing like you wouldn’t believe.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2556 on: November 03, 2021, 02:10:08 PM »
I was planning to use a day of PTO on Friday anyway, so I decided to schedule my booster for 6:30 in the morning. I hope it doesn't ruin my day off!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2557 on: November 03, 2021, 02:13:23 PM »
Booster announcements were made here today.  Apparently 70 & older, and some other categories are good now for 3M people.  mrs.jingle tells me we fall into the category that will get it in the new year.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2558 on: November 03, 2021, 02:15:05 PM »
I want one, but I don't see how I fit in.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2559 on: November 03, 2021, 02:20:32 PM »
I really am not sure I need a booster, but I'm eligible for one (because I got the J&J), and it looks like I now have 4 trips booked (including international travel) and maybe a 5th in the next 5 months (and maybe more from work) and all that has got me thinking I should maybe get the boost just to feel more comfortable and not worry about potentially being stuck in a hotel quarantining feeling terrible.  Then the question becomes, which vaccine do I get?  If I do the boost, I'm leaning towards pfizer for the mix and match approach.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2560 on: November 03, 2021, 02:32:27 PM »
I really am not sure I need a booster, but I'm eligible for one (because I got the J&J), and it looks like I now have 4 trips booked (including international travel) and maybe a 5th in the next 5 months (and maybe more from work) and all that has got me thinking I should maybe get the boost just to feel more comfortable and not worry about potentially being stuck in a hotel quarantining feeling terrible.  Then the question becomes, which vaccine do I get?  If I do the boost, I'm leaning towards pfizer for the mix and match approach.

In your case, Pfizer is probably the better choice. Since the initial Moderna doses were so strong, the booster is only half a shot where Pfizer is a full one.

My Moderna booster experience was barely anything. Really sore arm and a slight headache. By the next day I was fine. The initial shots were another story altogether.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2561 on: November 04, 2021, 07:01:44 AM »
Scheduled for my booster November 3rd.
Mission accomplished.
...and I officially feel like shit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2562 on: November 04, 2021, 07:12:13 AM »
Mission accomplished.

I scheduled mine on a Friday to ruin my weekend.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2563 on: November 04, 2021, 07:19:22 AM »
Mission accomplished.

I scheduled mine on a Friday to ruin my weekend.  :lol
My brother is here for a visit.  Should be great lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2564 on: November 04, 2021, 07:28:06 AM »
That spells danger.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2565 on: November 04, 2021, 07:48:53 AM »
I prescribe cigars.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2566 on: November 04, 2021, 07:53:16 AM »

I'm glad you can recognize that though! Big improvement.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #2567 on: November 04, 2021, 11:04:59 AM »
I'm unclear on if/when I am eligible for a booster. Got my initial jabs in April but I'm relatively young, no pre-existing conditions etc. So while I fit in the timeframe I do not think I fit otherwise. Got Pfizer first time, unsure what I will get for booster. Got off easy with side effects first time(s) around, just a really sore arm for a day and a half or so.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2568 on: November 04, 2021, 11:08:21 AM »
I'm unclear on if/when I am eligible for a booster. Got my initial jabs in April but I'm relatively young, no pre-existing conditions etc. So while I fit in the timeframe I do not think I fit otherwise. Got Pfizer first time, unsure what I will get for booster. Got off easy with side effects first time(s) around, just a really sore arm for a day and a half or so.

I am not 100% sure I qualified but I see some clients in person so I considered that good enough since my job then has higher risk. When I went (and my girlfriend, and we went to different places) they made me click on a form but said I didn’t have to tell them anything.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Skeever

« Reply #2569 on: November 04, 2021, 11:19:54 AM »

This is similar to me. I got my jab in April because I work for the Utility company. At the time, the questionnaire said "What kind of company do you work for?" and I checked the box that said "utility". There was disagreement amongst my coworkers as whether we in corporate should really be checking that box, but I went for it as it seemed pretty self explanatory and it appeared the state were rolling the vax out by industry rather than any more specific criteria.

Now the same form has changed the question to be less focused on what your general industry is, and more focused on what your actual work entails. So I didn't check the box this time. Not sure when it'll be available to me now, but hopefully it would be before the holidays.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2570 on: November 04, 2021, 11:20:46 AM »
Isn't the only requirement right now that it needs to have been 6 months since your first two doses?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 11:30:19 AM by Chino »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2571 on: November 04, 2021, 11:23:35 AM »
In CA, there are also age and other restrictions.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2572 on: November 04, 2021, 11:25:31 AM »
Ahhh. I didn't realize there were still limitations by state. I thought the booster was a go for everyone pending the time since your original jab(s). The conversation leading to this makes way more sense now.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2573 on: November 04, 2021, 11:29:34 AM »
My understanding is:

For Moderna/Pfizer: Shots over 6 months ago and either over 65 or have comorbitities

For J&J: Anyone who got the shot over 4 months ago

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2574 on: November 04, 2021, 11:39:25 AM »
Here, for Pfizer or Moderna, we need to be outside of 6 months from second dose and be in one of the following groups:

-Are 65 or older, or
-Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings, or
-Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions, or
-Age 18+ who are at increased risk due to social inequity, or
-Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings

For J&J, you have to be 2 months from initial vax and be 18+. 

The Dept. of Public Health is silent about mixing.  But their guidance has been less than clear throughout this entire process, so...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2575 on: November 04, 2021, 11:39:58 AM »
I prescribe cigars.

That will distract you two. 

I'm glad you can recognize that though! Big improvement.

Through experience my friend.  :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2576 on: November 04, 2021, 12:04:25 PM »
My understanding is:

For Moderna/Pfizer: Shots over 6 months ago and either over 65 or have comorbitities

That's how it is in Connecticut, so apparently it's a national set of parameters.   I know that I am more than willing to be generous in my assessment of my situation - when I got my first shot, I signed up before I was eligible, but only took an appointment after the date I became eligible, if that makes sense - but I don't see how I qualify at this point.  I'm more than 6 months out, but that's it.  I suppose by BMI I am obese, but that isn't probably enough. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2577 on: November 04, 2021, 12:05:49 PM »
Here, for Pfizer or Moderna, we need to be outside of 6 months from second dose and be in one of the following groups:

-Are 65 or older, or
-Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings, or
-Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions, or
-Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings

For J&J, you have to be 2 months from initial vax and be 18+. 

The Dept. of Public Health is silent about mixing.  But their guidance has been less than clear throughout this entire process, so...

HAHA, I read that quickly as "-Age 18+ who are at increased risk due to social inactivity, or" and thought, "I'm socially inactive!" :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2578 on: November 04, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »
My understanding is:

That's how it is in Connecticut, so apparently it's a national set of parameters.   I know that I am more than willing to be generous in my assessment of my situation - when I got my first shot, I signed up before I was eligible, but only took an appointment after the date I became eligible, if that makes sense - but I don't see how I qualify at this point.  I'm more than 6 months out, but that's it.  I suppose by BMI I am obese, but that isn't probably enough.

I think Bosk's post after mine is more legit and gives you more leeway for a reason to get one.  Since others have already kind of hinted at it and demand is not that high, I'm sure you can get one no questions asked. 

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2579 on: November 04, 2021, 12:06:52 PM »
My understanding is:

6 months should be all you need though, no? My GF got hers last week. She's not 65 and has no underlying health problems.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2580 on: November 04, 2021, 12:09:51 PM »
I guess I'm wrong?

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/health-wellness/covid-vaccine/covid-vaccine-booster

I don't know how the people I know are getting boosters then.

I'm going to go to my appointment anyways and see what happens. Technically, I check the "Work in a high-risk environment (such as a hospital or grocery store)" checkbox thanks to my catering gig on Sundays. Maybe I can leverage that.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2581 on: November 04, 2021, 12:10:27 PM »
I may try then.  I'm going to wait to the week before the week before Thanksgiving, since I'm off that entire week.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2582 on: November 04, 2021, 12:11:06 PM »
I ninja'd you. See previous post.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2583 on: November 04, 2021, 12:12:07 PM »
I guess I'm wrong?

https://hartfordhealthcare.org/health-wellness/covid-vaccine/covid-vaccine-booster

I'm going to go to my appointment anyways and see what happens. Technically, I check the "Work in a high-risk environment (such as a hospital or grocery store)" checkbox thanks to my catering gig on Sundays. Maybe I can leverage that.

Pretty sure, that will be enough to get you through.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2584 on: November 04, 2021, 12:12:55 PM »

I would guess simply because they aren't being very strict about it and mostly aren't even asking (or at least, aren't verifying the answers even if they are asking).  I would guess that I could probably walk into a place and get mine done here if I really wanted to for similar reasons.  I probably will soon, but not in a rush.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2585 on: November 04, 2021, 12:55:11 PM »

I would guess simply because they aren't being very strict about it and mostly aren't even asking (or at least, aren't verifying the answers even if they are asking).  I would guess that I could probably walk into a place and get mine done here if I really wanted to for similar reasons.  I probably will soon, but not in a rush.

Yeah, when I got mine they just asked if I qualified, didn't even have to sign anything.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2586 on: November 04, 2021, 12:58:39 PM »
It seems the first round of shots wasn't too different, I don't recall it being anything other than an honor system.  But this time around, there really isn't the downside of feeling like your taking a shot from someone else.  Demand just isn't there.  I would, personally, say if you want a booster and your last shot has been far enough out (I think this is the only important parameter because if it's too soon, it may negate the point of doing this in the first place) then go for it and don't feel like you are doing anything wrong.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2587 on: November 04, 2021, 04:15:54 PM »
It seemed to me that providers and pharmacists would rather give shots to people that want them, rather than turn people away because of an arbitrary age restriction.

When I got my first shot, I was 12 days ahead of the date when I was "allowed" to get one per the state government.  Nobody cared.  I checked a box that said I was high risk, but wasn't asked to specify why.  I felt like I was committing a felony though.   :lol

I'll probably do the same with a booster soon, as I just passed my six month mark from my second shot.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2588 on: November 04, 2021, 05:56:57 PM »
So..Masks...

1. In the city of Boston, in public places you must be masked regardless of vaccination status. So when you go to the Garden, you're supposed to be masked. Apparently that doesn't apply to the three guys doing the pregame show inside the Garden two feet away from each other, nor the PxP and color guy seated shoulder to shoulder.

2. My wife works in an assisted living facility where..its OK to sit in the cafe unmasked for however long and have a snack or lunch, and then you and your party can go to the dining room and sit there for an hour+ unmasked....but you better put your mask on in the hallway while going to the cafe to the dining room because you might actually walk by another person.

3. Last year, Boston had a mask mandate, even outside, so when you watched the news, the on the street reporter, standing all by themself on a street corner had a mask on, but when they cut back to the studio, the two anchors, inside, at the same desk, had no mask on.

Now, I am NOT an anti-masker. I hate wearing one, but I will if I go into a store and there's a sign to put one on.
I realize we find out more about the virus, vaccines, masks as we go, but does any of the above make any sense?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2589 on: November 04, 2021, 06:22:14 PM »
Here, for Pfizer or Moderna, we need to be outside of 6 months from second dose and be in one of the following groups

What?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'