Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 193204 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #2520 on: October 21, 2021, 10:05:09 AM »
Scheduled for my booster November 3rd.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2521 on: October 21, 2021, 10:15:57 AM »
As a J&J recipient, the booster debate is interesting.  It appears the FDA will allow mixing and matching and I think anyone who received a J&J will be eligible for a booster (not just older or immunocompromised).  I'll wait and see how covid acts before I get a booster.  If there's another surge coming, I'll probably get one (not sure which though) to just make sure I'm good.  Got a lot of traveling coming up too so I don't want to get sick while away either.  I'm on the "wait and see" boat right now for myself.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2522 on: October 21, 2021, 10:21:00 AM »
I'm also considering the booster. I was waiting to see if cases went significantly down by the end of October but it seems we are still hovering around the same as the beginning (at least in my area). I'll make a decision at some point before the end of the month.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2523 on: October 21, 2021, 03:45:12 PM »
It's probably a me thing but I cannot get on board with referring to getting your vax shot as getting "the jab".

Get the jab. Did you get the jab? WTF??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2524 on: October 21, 2021, 03:47:43 PM »
It's probably a me thing but I cannot get on board with referring to getting your vax shot as getting "the jab".

Fauci Ouchie?

Hopefully getting mine tomorrow. Israel requires them or 2nd shot less than 6 months ago to get in and mine was 6 months and 10 days from when I’m going.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2525 on: October 21, 2021, 03:49:03 PM »
Fauci Ouchie?

Did Fauci coin the term?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2526 on: October 26, 2021, 03:39:39 PM »
Well, it has finally happened.  I have inadvertently been exposed to Covid by a "friend" of my husband's.  This so-called friend met him for lunch yesterday and didn't bother to mention he and his wife had been sick.  [All in the scenario are fully vaccinated.] Then both the wife and he tested positive today.

We plan to get tested in a few days as it is too early right now.  I am so pissed off at this "friend" that I have a mind to call him on the phone and let him know just how much his lack of transparency has thrown a monkey wrench into my life.  We are in the middle of a remodeling project and our contractor has a limited window in which to work his magic.  Now all the folks coming this week to give us bids have to be pushed back to next week.  So far, our contractor is being very understanding but this could potentially push our entire remodel job to summer if we wind up testing positive ourselves or worse, getting sick.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - first world problems.  I get all that.  But bloody fucking hell some people are just *inconsiderate assholes.  :censored

*moral of the story, don't be like him.  If you or someone in your family have symptoms, please don't exposure others because you'd rather just have lunch with a "friend."
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2527 on: October 26, 2021, 03:49:58 PM »
Instead of saying I'm sick let's postpone,  most try to talk themselves into thinking it's just a cold and are afraid to admit it might be more.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2528 on: October 26, 2021, 05:53:08 PM »

I'm with you; I generally dislike that sort of shorthand anyway, but here it just seems worse.

Offline Adami

« Reply #2529 on: October 26, 2021, 05:57:13 PM »

I'm with you; I generally dislike that sort of shorthand anyway, but here it just seems worse.

Me too! I always say that I was administered the appropriate dosage of the BNT162b2 Pfizer-BioNTech Caronavirus19 Vaccine through an intramuscular injection. Anything less is just lazy, I say!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2530 on: October 26, 2021, 06:11:47 PM »

Me too! I always say that I was administered the appropriate dosage of the BNT162b2 Pfizer-BioNTech Caronavirus19 Vaccine through an intramuscular injection. Anything less is just lazy, I say!

Exactly.  See, I'm rubbing off on you.   :)

Offline Adami

« Reply #2531 on: October 26, 2021, 06:13:41 PM »

Exactly.  See, I'm rubbing off on you.   :)

Well, stop! It's illegal in New York without consent. I assume Connecticut too!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2532 on: October 26, 2021, 08:20:49 PM »
Interesting scenario going down here that should spur some discussion...

So SF and the majority of the San Francisco area counties have vaccine requirements for entry into certain businesses, including restaurants. The In-N-Out in SF basically said fuck that, we're not the vaccine police and just closed indoor service. Other local In-N-Outs followed suit, including the one local to me. Now...the one local to me started letting people in without checking their vax status, and the county shut them down.

My take...if the county is requiring already strained restaurants to staff for vaccine checking, a full time job, they should be covering the cost of it as well. Labor is a massive part of the restaurant bottom line, and they are strained in staffing as is. We have one of the best vax rates in the country at the moment, I think it's time to let loose a bit.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2533 on: October 27, 2021, 05:24:06 AM »
Same requirements here in Ontario.  What a lot of restuarants (both sit-down, and fast food - including chains) have done is simply kept things as take-out only.  There are no vac-checking requirements for pickup, so a TON of restaurants just roped/taped off their seating areas.

Though it's kinda fucking stupid ... this government put these requirements into effect at the end of September, JUST released the official app/QR code 10 days ago, and has ALREADY announced that these requirements will be lifted* sometime towards the end of January - I can't remember if there was an actual date given.  I don't necessarily have a problem with that plan, just don't fucking announce it.  Now, the anti-vac crowd knows they just need to hold out for about 12 weeks.

* - assuming cases/hospitalizations/ICU admissions remain at current levels.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2534 on: October 27, 2021, 06:06:55 AM »

So SF and the majority of the San Francisco area counties have vaccine requirements for entry into certain businesses, including restaurants. The In-N-Out in SF basically said fuck that, we're not the vaccine police and just closed indoor service. Other local In-N-Outs followed suit, including the one local to me. Now...the one local to me started letting people in without checking their vax status, and the county shut them down.

My take...if the county is requiring already strained restaurants to staff for vaccine checking, a full time job, they should be covering the cost of it as well. Labor is a massive part of the restaurant bottom line, and they are strained in staffing as is. We have one of the best vax rates in the country at the moment, I think it's time to let loose a bit.

I agree with you conceptually - the mandate is an unnecessary expense imposed on businesses, where the free market will take care of itself (businesses will decide if they want to be vaxx police or not, and consumers will decide if they want to give money to those businesses or not).   But - and I recognize you're not asking for this, just saying that it's something they should consider - I don't agree that the answer is for government to pay.  Government is NOT the answer to everything.   Let it play out.  Just put the note on the door - "No lobby service without a mask AND vaccine" - and most people that don't comply will go elsewhere.  Sure, some will sneak through, because they're dicks and humans are, at times, dicks.   But the odds have just increased significantly, and everyone benefits.  We need not burden an already overburdened (financially) infrastructure to do what will ultimately happen anyway.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2535 on: October 27, 2021, 07:54:36 AM »

I agree with you conceptually - the mandate is an unnecessary expense imposed on businesses, where the free market will take care of itself (businesses will decide if they want to be vaxx police or not, and consumers will decide if they want to give money to those businesses or not).   But - and I recognize you're not asking for this, just saying that it's something they should consider - I don't agree that the answer is for government to pay.  Government is NOT the answer to everything.   Let it play out.  Just put the note on the door - "No lobby service without a mask AND vaccine" - and most people that don't comply will go elsewhere.  Sure, some will sneak through, because they're dicks and humans are, at times, dicks.   But the odds have just increased significantly, and everyone benefits.  We need not burden an already overburdened (financially) infrastructure to do what will ultimately happen anyway.

I totally agree, but I think as the local mandates are written, that isn't how it works. Customers have to show proof of vaccination, not that they must be vaccinated, so the onus falls on the restaurant, not the customer. That's some bullshit personally, and even worse, it's fellow customers that ratted In-N-Out out.

Pleasant Hill is closed, San Francisco and San Ramon have received fines.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2536 on: October 27, 2021, 08:13:39 AM »
IMO, these mandates should start to fade away as the cases drop and can be re-instituted if the cases go back up.  CA has one of the highest vax rates and currently one of the lowest infections per capita.  The government should ease up at this point.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2537 on: October 27, 2021, 01:03:54 PM »
Getting my Moderna booster this evening. My work only has one of our hospitals providing that one and it is over 60 miles from me. Going to my pharmacy instead.

Looking forward to the enhanced 5G.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Adami

« Reply #2538 on: October 27, 2021, 01:05:34 PM »
Got my Pfizer booster on Saturday, girlfriend got hers (mix and match) Sunday. She was fine. Mild arm ache and some sleepiness. I was laid out for a few days. I'm better today but god damn that was not fun.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2539 on: October 27, 2021, 10:34:50 PM »
I got super sick with my shots. My arm is already ridiculously painful and I can feel the head starting to ache. I'm not looking forward to the next day or 2. The Moderna boost is only a half shot so I better get half the misery I had last time. Somehow, I doubt I'll be so lucky.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2540 on: October 27, 2021, 10:41:25 PM »
Weird.. I had zero side effects from any of my shots other than the sore arm.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #2541 on: October 28, 2021, 01:02:45 AM »
Me too, and I thought I'd be down and out. Didn't even get a lot of pain in my arm.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2542 on: October 28, 2021, 03:52:37 AM »
Weird.. I had zero side effects from any of my shots other than the sore arm.

Same here, it seems to be very individual how you react to them. I have coworkers who got pretty sick, especially after the 2nd shot.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2543 on: October 28, 2021, 04:15:16 AM »
My second shot made me sick for 2 days.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2544 on: October 28, 2021, 07:21:37 AM »
My second shot made me sick for 2 days.
I felt really fatigued and tired for 2 days after mine.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2545 on: October 28, 2021, 08:17:55 AM »
I got super sick with my shots. My arm is already ridiculously painful and I can feel the head starting to ache. I'm not looking forward to the next day or 2. The Moderna boost is only a half shot so I better get half the misery I had last time. Somehow, I doubt I'll be so lucky.

From all I've read, it seems to be a fact at this point that the moderna has the worst side effects.  I think it's because it's dosage is higher than Pfizer.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #2546 on: October 28, 2021, 09:26:56 AM »

From all I've read, it seems to be a fact at this point that the moderna has the worst side effects.  I think it's because it's dosage is higher than Pfizer.

That's what I have seen as well. Saw something recently that the antibody load in a Moderna person was much higher than a Pfizer person and it all had to do with the strength of the shot. Moderna went overboard, which is fine with me.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2547 on: October 28, 2021, 10:02:52 AM »

That's what I have seen as well. Saw something recently that the antibody load in a Moderna person was much higher than a Pfizer person and it all had to do with the strength of the shot. Moderna went overboard, which is fine with me.

Yeah, I'm with you.  I felt bad after the first shot - about a day where I wanted to just sleep - though the second wasn't tto bad.  But I'll take it.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #2548 on: October 31, 2021, 07:59:21 AM »
My wife got a booster shot (Moderna) on Friday.

She was down for the count all day yesterday and had all the classic symptoms. She started to feel better late afternoon and she's back to normal today. I don't think I am eligible yet for a booster but we shall see.  Yes, we shall see.........

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2549 on: October 31, 2021, 10:53:05 PM »
Had COVID in February, got the J&J shot in March, and got my first Moderna shot about three weeks ago. I'm tryin' to flex against this bitch.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2550 on: November 01, 2021, 01:08:04 PM »

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #2551 on: November 01, 2021, 01:11:54 PM »

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2552 on: November 01, 2021, 10:05:38 PM »
Yes, we shall see.........

:)
THANK YOU!

For getting this...... :)

Brought a smile to my face - which is a plus while browsing the coronavirus thread. :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2553 on: November 03, 2021, 01:43:36 PM »
Mission accomplished.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2554 on: November 03, 2021, 01:53:45 PM »
Mission accomplished.

Mine set for 11/13.