Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread v.2  (Read 194548 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Coronavirus Thread v.2
« Reply #2485 on: October 18, 2021, 07:10:16 AM »
Just cane to post that. It's frightening to see someone that high profile get taken out with how many treatment options are available to them.

Just goes to show that vaccination alone is not an impenetrable suit of armour.  Distancing, hygiene, masking ... all necessary forms of defense - ESPECIALLY (but not exclusively) for the elderly.  Wonder if he had any pre-existing conditions / co-morbidities?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2486 on: October 18, 2021, 07:18:02 AM »
So, Fran Steuber - you're saying "Who?!?", but he was Paul Stanley's guitar tech - died as well, and supposedly he was vaccinated (I say "supposedly" only because I'm working on what I've been told).   The information came from a Paul Stanley tweet; the comments/responses are a shit show.   

It baffles me how many people think that vaccines are bulletproof, and how many people think that this seemingly "illogical" (in quotes because it's not illogical at all) event is proof-positive that there is some massive conspiracy going on.   Look, medical science is inexact, in the sense that there are simply too many variables to consider in every single one of the 7.5 billion people that live on this planet.   None of these things are ABSOLUTE, they are RELATIVE.   You are not guaranteed of not dying from COVID if you're vaccinated; but your RELATIVE chances are much reduced.

And then there's the group that blame Gene and Paul for this, as if they are responsible for providing a completely risk-free environment at their shows, and as if they are responsible for the actions and decisions of each and every person that decides to go to the show.  What IS it with people and accountability?   Own yourself.  Tend your own garden.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2487 on: October 18, 2021, 07:18:36 AM »
Just cane to post that. It's frightening to see someone that high profile get taken out with how many treatment options are available to them.

Just goes to show that vaccination alone is not an impenetrable suit of armour.  Distancing, hygiene, masking ... all necessary forms of defense - ESPECIALLY (but not exclusively) for the elderly.  Wonder if he had any pre-existing conditions / co-morbidities?

I'm not being snarky or sarcastic even a little bit:  Yes; he was 84.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2488 on: October 18, 2021, 07:24:10 AM »

Yep, and I'd put money on co-morbidities as well.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2489 on: October 18, 2021, 08:11:28 AM »

Only in the US is "elderly" considered a pre-existing condition.   #funnynotfunny
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Harmony

« Reply #2490 on: October 18, 2021, 08:16:01 AM »

Aside from his age, he had multiple myeloma and thus was immunocompromised.  It has been known for some time that immunocompromised folks don't always have the same response to vaccines.  Advancing age also limits our bodies abilities to mount an immune response which is why - at least in the US - there is a higher flu vaccine dose for 65 and older.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2491 on: October 18, 2021, 08:59:44 AM »

Only in the US is "elderly" considered a pre-existing condition.   #funnynotfunny

Well, I'm not sure it's a "Pre-existing Condition" capital P, capital C, in the same way that it comes up in discussions about healthcare.  But his age certainly decreased his odds of survival.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2492 on: October 18, 2021, 09:09:08 AM »

Well, I'm not sure it's a "Pre-existing Condition" capital P, capital C, in the same way that it comes up in discussions about healthcare.  But his age certainly decreased his odds of survival.

Oh for sure.  I just thought we were both trying to be a little extra cheeky.  ;)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2493 on: October 18, 2021, 09:14:39 AM »
I remember doing a project in grade school on Powell from the Gulf War and from that point on I always had respect for him.  Sad to hear of him passing, but if we are being honest, at his age he was extremely vulnerable to covid so it's sad, but not surprising.  The Kiss guitar tech is a bit more shocking if he was vaccinated being he wasn't too old and from what I read, they say it was "sudden" which is odd because you don't hear to much about a sudden covid death.

In other covid related news, I finally finished watching/listening to the Joe Rogan interview with Dr Sanjay Gupta.  After reading a lot of people say one person dominated the other, I had to see for myself and the reality is that it was a pretty good and interesting conversation.  No one "dominated" and I think that kind of talk is stupid. But I recommend it, it's good to see two opposite sides talking and listening to each other.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2494 on: October 18, 2021, 09:23:00 AM »
So, Fran Steuber - you're saying "Who?!?", but he was Paul Stanley's guitar tech - died as well, and supposedly he was vaccinated (I say "supposedly" only because I'm working on what I've been told).   The information came from a Paul Stanley tweet; the comments/responses are a shit show.   

It baffles me how many people think that vaccines are bulletproof, and how many people think that this seemingly "illogical" (in quotes because it's not illogical at all) event is proof-positive that there is some massive conspiracy going on.   Look, medical science is inexact, in the sense that there are simply too many variables to consider in every single one of the 7.5 billion people that live on this planet.   None of these things are ABSOLUTE, they are RELATIVE.   You are not guaranteed of not dying from COVID if you're vaccinated; but your RELATIVE chances are much reduced.

And then there's the group that blame Gene and Paul for this, as if they are responsible for providing a completely risk-free environment at their shows, and as if they are responsible for the actions and decisions of each and every person that decides to go to the show.  What IS it with people and accountability?   Own yourself.  Tend your own garden.

He was only 52. They worked together for 20 years.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2495 on: October 18, 2021, 10:35:36 AM »
I remember doing a project in grade school on Powell from the Gulf War and from that point on I always had respect for him.  Sad to hear of him passing, but if we are being honest, at his age he was extremely vulnerable to covid so it's sad, but not surprising.  The Kiss guitar tech is a bit more shocking if he was vaccinated being he wasn't too old and from what I read, they say it was "sudden" which is odd because you don't hear to much about a sudden covid death.

In other covid related news, I finally finished watching/listening to the Joe Rogan interview with Dr Sanjay Gupta.  After reading a lot of people say one person dominated the other, I had to see for myself and the reality is that it was a pretty good and interesting conversation.  No one "dominated" and I think that kind of talk is stupid. But I recommend it, it's good to see two opposite sides talking and listening to each other.

Our CEO brought him to a company town-hall a couple months back.  Very informational.  I might have to check this out.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2496 on: October 18, 2021, 11:13:01 AM »

Our CEO brought him to a company town-hall a couple months back.  Very informational.  I might have to check this out.

Who?  Powell, Rogan, Gupta, or Paul Stanley's guitar tech?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2497 on: October 18, 2021, 11:33:57 AM »

I knew some moron wouldn't connect the dots, and I should've bolded Gupta's name.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2498 on: October 18, 2021, 01:51:58 PM »

I knew some moron wouldn't connect the dots, and I should've bolded Gupta's name.

:tup

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2499 on: October 18, 2021, 06:09:53 PM »
Sharks forward Evander Kane suspended 21 games for submitting fake vaccine card.

Did he really think they wouldn't check? Fucking dumbass. At least Washington State football coach was up front and just said fuck off and was released.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2500 on: October 19, 2021, 07:56:35 AM »
Sharks forward Evander Kane suspended 21 games for submitting fake vaccine card.

Did he really think they wouldn't check? Fucking dumbass. At least Washington State football coach was up front and just said fuck off and was released.

Astonishing what people will give up to not give themselves and those closest to them some protection

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2501 on: October 19, 2021, 08:28:04 AM »

Astonishing what people will give up to not give themselves and those closest to them some protection

It's not Astonishing. This has happened throughout history when people are coerced into things, especially in violation of their own body.

The problem lies with the use of coercion. Which the government has done plenty to people, such as the Native Americans. It's how they got them to relocate and begin the "Trail of Tears". If it worked before what makes one think they won't do it again? Only this time it's used on their own people.

When coercion is used, especially when it deals with ones bodily decisions, it just doesn't fare well. You will get backlash as one doesn't see the means for them to put something in their body they don't want. And this may end up getting rejected by the body, as peoples bodies are not the same.

There is no one size fits all solution to peoples health problems. That's why it's very important to see your doctor and to tell them everything that is wrong with you, the doctor can not read your mind, nor do they know how your body feels because it's not their body to sense any pain or something's wrong. And I know darn well that many people do not tell the doctor everything that is wrong, and I think this relates to peoples tolerance of pain, to where they tolerate it enough to not worry about it. Until it does become a burden and they can't tolerate it any longer, go to the hospital to find out they should've just went in when they noticed the first sign of pain, now they have a bad infection to the point of having to chop off a toe. So how can we say people are completely healthy when people don't even tell their doctor everything, and the doctors can't read minds or sense your pain for you?

Diets themselves don't even work for everyone, and this is because the body is different. Us native people can't eat or drink certain things, as our bodies are not developed for that consumption of foods such as Cow Milk. We likely used Goat Milk or Milk derived from plants such as nuts. But yet, the "health system" says it's required to drink Cow Milk as it provides Vitamin D. Which we got from the sun, and in our other foods that may also have had Vitamin D.

You could argue that it's Astonishing how people will not give up foods for the protection of others, such as not giving them diabetes, heart issues, or many of these bodily harmful foods you serve that can cause bodily harm in the long run.

There's only so much a human can do to protect themselves, while also living freely. It's a conundrum that has been dealt with throughout history, when the people want protection yet want freedoms.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 08:36:31 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2502 on: October 19, 2021, 08:39:17 AM »
Stop capitalizing "Astonishing". It's hard enough to follow you line of thought without having to recollect a sub-par concept album.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2503 on: October 19, 2021, 08:41:29 AM »
Stop capitalizing "Astonishing". It's hard enough to follow you line of thought without having to recollect a sub-par concept album.

:lol

It's so good, it deserves to be mentioned anywhere.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2504 on: October 19, 2021, 08:49:05 AM »

:lol

It's so good, it deserves to be mentioned anywhere.

Yet another area where we disagree  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2505 on: October 19, 2021, 09:46:59 AM »

It's not Astonishing.

I think to most folk, paying $1.7M to NOT be vaccinated is a little astonishing.

I love laugh at the apology of anyone who's only apologetic over their choices/actions because they were caught.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2506 on: October 19, 2021, 10:01:41 AM »

It's not Astonishing.

I think to most folk, paying $1.7M to NOT be vaccinated is a little astonishing.

I love laugh at the apology of anyone who's only apologetic over their choices/actions because they were caught.

You must do a lot of laughing then.  Good thing it's good for the soul.  :)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2507 on: October 19, 2021, 10:13:18 AM »

It's not Astonishing.

You can change that $1.7M to $1k and I'd still feel the same.  Thats why I a lot of localities had some success paying people some money to get the shots.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2508 on: October 19, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »

It's not Astonishing.

You can change that $1.7M to $1k and I'd still feel the same.  Thats why I a lot of localities had some success paying people some money to get the shots.

The Wash St. football coach was the highest paid employee of the state of Washington. He walked away from 3 million, along with four of his assistant coaches. The only thing that pisses me off is why this couldn't have happened two weeks ago before Cal played them. :gobears:

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2509 on: October 20, 2021, 08:49:06 PM »
When my mother got vaccinated she was entered into a lottery in the state of Missouri that was encouraging folks to get vaccinated. She just called and told me she won the $10k prize!  :omg:
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Lethean

« Reply #2510 on: October 20, 2021, 09:02:09 PM »
Wow that's awesome! :)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2511 on: October 20, 2021, 09:12:43 PM »
When my mother got vaccinated she was entered into a lottery in the state of Missouri that was encouraging folks to get vaccinated. She just called and told me she won the $10k prize!  :omg:

Shut the hell up!!!! That's so frikkin awesome!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2512 on: October 20, 2021, 09:30:19 PM »

Shut the hell up!!!! That's so frikkin awesome!!

I know…..it’s so good for her and her husband (not my dad) because they need to replace their roof and insurance is jacking them around. So….it couldn’t have come at a better time for them.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2513 on: October 20, 2021, 10:13:36 PM »
Nice!  I mean, it's kind of a shame states felt they had to do that to encourage people to do it in the first place.  But nice that the $$ is going to someone who can really use it.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2514 on: October 21, 2021, 06:01:47 AM »

Wow, that's amazing!!  :tup :tup

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2515 on: October 21, 2021, 06:33:34 AM »
Gary's mom:

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2516 on: October 21, 2021, 07:00:03 AM »
That IS pretty cool.   

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #2517 on: October 21, 2021, 07:46:03 AM »

Congrats
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2518 on: October 21, 2021, 07:53:33 AM »
Sweet!

They had a similar program here in NC.  For adults, it was a large cash prize (I forget what the amount was).  For kids in the 12-17 range, it was a scholarship.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2519 on: October 21, 2021, 08:04:54 AM »
I'll take credit for bringing up the cash incentive just before this happened  :lol j/k, that is really awesome.