Author Topic: Serious UFO/UAP Discussion  (Read 6129 times)

Offline hunnus2000

Re: Serious UFO/UAP Discussion
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2021, 08:12:59 AM »
You didn't post any link.

Bump - I posted my link in my response.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2021, 04:13:00 PM »
It's possible its aliens, in the same way it is possible that there are sexy singles in my area waiting to meet me.

On the other hand: it could just be a an out of focus camera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r2oaQWmqkk&t=2s
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2021, 08:29:01 PM »
I doubt the gubment is going to tell us leetle people what these things really are, especially if they are aliens. Why is the government even releasing this stuff?

I do not believe these are alien spaceships nor do I believe aliens have ever been here. But I do believe it's possible there is intelligent life somewhere very far from us. But what if intelligent life developed a couple million years before ours did? Do humans know everything about the laws of physics? Is it possible a much more advance civilization could figure out how to travel extremely vast distances in space in a somewhat timely manner? I know next to nothing about physics so I don't know if these questions are just flat-out silly and not even worth considering.

DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2021, 03:55:17 AM »
That's the problem, we can accept that we don't know everything yet about the universe, but what we do know has been tested to be true.

Take distance alone - it takes four days to go to the Moon, six months to go to Mars, and four years of travel at the speed of light, which is assumed impossible, to reach the nearest star, which doesn't authomatically mean that near that star there's a planet that can harbor intelligent life.

These distances exist and work for other space civilitazions as well. Imagine if there were some life on the Moon - all they would have witnessed is six strange objects coming near them over a short period of time, and then nothing more (because we discovered what we wanted to know about the Moon). What the hell are dozens and dozens and dozens of explorators doing over more than half a century, with different kinds of aircrafts, over such a large period of time? where do they come from?

So far all we know tells us how damn big the universe is, and how seemingly impossible those distances are. To account for the presence of alien lifeforms on here so far all we can do is assume: "Eh, they must have found a way to travel through dimensions, wormholes, near the speed of light", all stuff that belongs to sci-fi right now.

That's the hardest thing probably: to assume that these visitors are from outer space, you'd have to accept the fact that they managed to travel here. How? so far all the explanations lie in sci-fi, because right now is science fiction taking "just" four years to travel to the nearest star. I know you can't apply human logic to alien life, but would we spend four years (right now it's impossible) to go to the nearest star system, and spend decades just observing a planet? would we spend four years in such small aircrafts, as big as a random fighting jet of ours?

I want to keep an open mind but right now, with what we know about the universe, the Wakanda theory is good as well. There are unidentified flying objects, the USA realize it's not their own, the URSS collapsed, China most likely doesn't have those.... might as well be Wakanda hidden away from the world.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2021, 09:35:19 AM »
I know you can't apply human logic to alien life, but would we spend four years (right now it's impossible) to go to the nearest star system, and spend decades just observing a planet?
Yes, we would.  I would suspect that a large percentage of both astrophysicists and astronauts would give their left testicle for such a chance.

would we spend four years in such small aircrafts, as big as a random fighting jet of ours?
Well, probably not.  I would imagine that any transport vehicle would need to be bigger than that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 09:57:58 AM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2021, 04:17:43 PM »
Probably the government utilizing Tesla's Free Energy....

Tesla's Free Energy Could Have Changed the World and Powered UFOs | Inverse

Antigravity Technology Hidden for Decades from the Public

No offense - but I put GAIA on the same bookshelf with Ancient Aliens and the Kracken. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Ancient Aliens and the Krackenas fiction, but I'll follow the science rather than "investigative journalists" for real information.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2021, 04:34:02 PM »
Probably the government utilizing Tesla's Free Energy....

Tesla's Free Energy Could Have Changed the World and Powered UFOs | Inverse

Antigravity Technology Hidden for Decades from the Public

No offense - but I put GAIA on the same bookshelf with Ancient Aliens and the Kracken. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Ancient Aliens and the Krackenas fiction, but I'll follow the science rather than "investigative journalists" for real information.

https://youtu.be/85aFTVijEc8 

This is one is really fascinating.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2021, 09:37:19 AM »
Yeah - I've seen this video before or something akin to it. I always chalked it up to - 'well they gave it the good old college try' but I guess that's how we learn. Actually, there are lots of videos showing objects floating that seems to be anti-gravity using magnetism - like when you have a positive - negative magnet. In fact, I thought China has a high speed rail that uses this technology and they've had it for the last 20 years.

Online Ben_Jamin

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2021, 10:17:08 AM »
Yeah - I've seen this video before or something akin to it. I always chalked it up to - 'well they gave it the good old college try' but I guess that's how we learn. Actually, there are lots of videos showing objects floating that seems to be anti-gravity using magnetism - like when you have a positive - negative magnet. In fact, I thought China has a high speed rail that uses this technology and they've had it for the last 20 years.

I actually believe all the knowledge is actually there and we are more than capable of it being available. But it's not what is making profit, and there are other reasons as well.

It plays into my belief that all this was known already once before, but what happened is humans used it for nefarious reasons and this the gods caused humans to forget that knowledge.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2021, 11:43:53 AM »
One of the best explanations I've ever heard...

"I once a-saw a UFO near-a Bologna. I was a-driving from Assisi onna this road here, and ita was late at night, and from-a nowhere there were these two giant-a white lights and it just a-zoomed right past me real fast and it just-a seemed to disappear. It was about a-ten feet a-long I woulda say — real a-sleek looking — looked a lot like a Corvette. And as soon as it-a was gone I said-a to myself, did I see that or not? And you see, that’sa what they a-do to you. They shoot you-a with something, some-a kind ofa ray gun — and it makes you-a doubt that you saw them. If you-a think you’ve never a-seen one, you probably see them all-a the time!"

Father Guido Sarducci
Saturday Night Live
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2021, 11:39:02 AM »
Many have heard my UFO story on this board. I can tell everyone they are 100% out there. :tick2:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline emtee

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2021, 02:33:31 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/26/politics/odni-ufo-report-takeaways/index.html

Report synopsis.They are uncertain--of course. One thing the report noted, aside from one of the 144 cases, is that they are real physical phenomena and not radar or weather artifact. So...?? Who knows.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2021, 03:06:05 PM »
Many have heard my UFO story on this board. I can tell everyone they are 100% out there. :tick2:

What is your UFO story?

Online HOF

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »
Also - if you were to visit Australia, would you take a small boat and row all across the ocean? no, you'd take a giant cruise ship. Why space travelers should visit us with just a small random flying object, no bigger than an airplane? where's the mothership? which bring us to.....

Well, no offense, but that's narrow thinking.  Relatively speaking that's EXACTLY what we did when we went to the moon.  We sent three men 289,000 miles, one way, on a vessel that was roughly the same size (31 feet wide) as the boat my ex-wife and I used to take to Block Island (33 feet long).

I think the only limiter is/are the laws of physics, such that we know them.  Temperature, pressure and three-dimensional force calculations.   

Also, who’s to say these travelers aren’t really small?

Online HOF

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2021, 03:56:32 PM »
I’m sort of the view that there are certain people in the military/government/defense industry who would benefit from programs designed to study/replicate/catch up to this mysterious advanced technology. Could justify spending on advanced aircraft or weapons, or perhaps justify counterintelligence against Russia/China. The footage itself isn’t all that convincing to me (don’t see why that couldn’t be manipulated or faked in some way). But I’m also mindful that conspiracies are hard to pull off, so that does militate against that explanation. The sudden interest from congress has me suspicious though.

That’s all sort of separate from the question of whether there is alien life out there or if we’ve been visited.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 04:04:18 PM by HOF »

Offline emtee

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2022, 09:14:10 AM »
I've only had time to read two stories so far on the congressional UFO hearings but what I've read is quite compelling. I did not know that there have been injuries as a direct result of near contact. They don't think it's adversarial so much as just being exposed to whatever technology is being used.

Quite a monumental day if you ask me.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2022, 09:39:42 AM »
I've only had time to read two stories so far on the congressional UFO hearings but what I've read is quite compelling. I did not know that there have been injuries as a direct result of near contact. They don't think it's adversarial so much as just being exposed to whatever technology is being used.

Quite a monumental day if you ask me.
This is something that was published last month (Or at least I saw it last month).

https://www.the-sun.com/news/5053647/ufos-injuries-radiation-burns-pentagon-docs/#
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2022, 09:58:55 AM »
Even if you don't love Joe Rogan, if you've got the time to watch or listen, this is a great episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEWz4SXfyCQ

Bob Lazar is a physicist who worked at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, and also on reverse engineering extraterrestrial technology at a site called S-4 near the Area 51 Groom Lake operating location. Jeremy Corbell is a contemporary artist and documentary filmmaker. Watch the documentary "Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers" now streaming on Netflix.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2022, 10:52:03 AM »
Even if you don't love Joe Rogan, if you've got the time to watch or listen, this is a great episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEWz4SXfyCQ

Bob Lazar is a physicist who worked at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico, and also on reverse engineering extraterrestrial technology at a site called S-4 near the Area 51 Groom Lake operating location. Jeremy Corbell is a contemporary artist and documentary filmmaker. Watch the documentary "Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers" now streaming on Netflix.

I watched that and the Bob Lazar documentary. Interesting stuff but I still don't believe him.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2022, 11:38:30 AM »
Bob's an interesting guy, that's for sure. The problem with Lazar and others like him is that to judge one's credibility you kind of have to take everything he says into account. You've got to go all the way down the rabbit hole. A great deal of what he says seems perfectly plausible, but eventually he begins to strain credulity, and you have to decide where the line between truth and bullshit is. If he's wrong/lying/exaggerating about this, why not that?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2022, 07:04:46 AM »
I think I've said this before:  I know a guy - General in the Air Force and a pilot that has seen real combat serving his country - and the only time I've ever heard him say "I don't want to talk about that" was when asked "are UFO's real?"   Even when asking sensitive national security questions, he had ways of answering without answering.  That was the only one he wouldn't entertain a discussion. 

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2022, 07:37:54 PM »
I think I've said this before:  I know a guy - General in the Air Force and a pilot that has seen real combat serving his country - and the only time I've ever heard him say "I don't want to talk about that" was when asked "are UFO's real?"   Even when asking sensitive national security questions, he had ways of answering without answering.  That was the only one he wouldn't entertain a discussion.

Back in the 1970s in Wales, where I am originally from, there was a spate of UFO / alien being sightings. My uncle apparently witnessed some things but refused to talk about it, fearing that people would think he was crazy.

Offline emtee

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2023, 01:46:44 AM »
Bumping this.

Intriguing series of events over the last few days. Nobody seems to know what these cylindrical objects are or who they belong to.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2023, 06:22:01 AM »
Bumping this.

Intriguing series of events over the last few days. Nobody seems to know what these cylindrical objects are or who they belong to.

What has happened over the last few days?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2023, 06:29:27 AM »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2023, 06:34:16 AM »
Where did you see they were cylindrical?

The closest description I've seen so far is "These objects did not closely resemble and were much smaller than the PRC balloon and we will not definitively characterize them until we can recover the debris, which we are working on,"

Offline emtee

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2023, 06:54:49 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-still-gives-no-details-about-alaska-ufo-new-object-seen-over-canada-2023-02-11/

I think it's primarily the Canadian folks who gave a cylindrical description. However, I don't think anyone knows yet.

Offline emtee

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2023, 06:59:49 AM »
Bumping this.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/politics/unknown-objects-leaders-response/index.html

Offline emtee

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2023, 07:04:54 AM »
I hope ample consideration was given to the fact that these "objects" may have contained a nerve agent or other biological agent before shooting them down. Who knows, a foreign actor may have had a bunch of these things filled with a deadly agent and upon a command, could have exploded them simultaneously. Far fetched but not impossible. Luckily we're all still alive so I guess that wasn't what they were.

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2023, 07:09:50 AM »
Bumping this.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/politics/unknown-objects-leaders-response/index.html

I find it hard to believe that these people don't know what they've been shooting at.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2023, 07:19:00 AM »
This article describes the one of Huron as being octagonal in shape.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64620064

The latest object - shot down over Lake Huron in Michigan near the Canadian border - has been described by defence officials as an unmanned "octagonal structure" with strings attached to it.

It was downed by a missile fired from an F-16 fighter jet at 14:42 local time (19:42 GMT).

The incident raises further questions about the spate of high-altitude objects that have been shot down over North America this month.

US Northern Command Commander General Glen VanHerck said that there was no indication of any threat.

"I'm not going to categorise them as balloons. We're calling them objects for a reason," he said.

"What we are seeing is very, very small objects that produce a very, very low radar cross-section," he added.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2023, 07:26:23 AM »
I saw this take somewhere and basically believe it - The US and China are now saying they're shooting down "UFOs" in order to admit they both have a lot of cleanup work to do with each other's spy balloons/drones.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2023, 07:45:23 AM »
I saw this take somewhere and basically believe it - The US and China are now saying they're shooting down "UFOs" in order to admit they both have a lot of cleanup work to do with each other's spy balloons/drones.

Yeah, and China says they found a UFO  over their country too.  With the recent China balloon and now this, it's really hard to not think there is a relation.