Author Topic: Classical Composer Reacts to Various DT Songs  (Read 34584 times)

Offline The Letter M

Re: Classical Composer Reacts to Various DT Songs
« Reply #385 on: March 27, 2024, 10:22:50 AM »
Every once in a while, I go back to some of his earlier videos, and there was so much more meat to them.  I like Elizabeth Zharoff's ("The Charismatic Voice") style so much more than what Doug is doing now, but I'm not as interested in the vocal focus.  If she had Doug's overall musical knowledge, it'd be perfect.

I've seen a couple of her videos and while her analysis is pretty good, she's the only "music reaction channel" I know that can make a 40 minute video out of a 5 minute song.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline pg1067

« Reply #386 on: March 27, 2024, 12:51:58 PM »
I think it was her that pointed out how Michael Kiske stands while he's singing and how it affects his ability to sing.

Yep.  She's done the same with JLB (either LALP or BT4W or maybe both).  She really emphasizes how one's overall body position impacts the ability to hit high or otherwise difficult notes.  She also emphasizes the singer's mouth position.

One of my favorite of her videos was an analysis of one of her own live performance from X years prior.  Her worst habit is occasionally picking an inferior version (live or studio) or using a video where live footage is synced to the studio version and (seemingly) not knowing that's what it is.

she's the only "music reaction channel" I know that can make a 40 minute video out of a 5 minute song.

Yeah...whereas Doug almost never stops the song to analyze something, Elizabeth is at the other end of the spectrum in that regard.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #387 on: March 28, 2024, 08:28:07 AM »
Elizabeth does a great job, I love how she analyzed some of Ann Wilson's songs. But yeah her stuff drags on too much so I don't watch anymore. She also did a really good one on Russell Allen's amazing singing on The Odyssey.