Author Topic: Jordan Rudess teams up w/Inside Out for new album! First single "Embers" out now  (Read 1502 times)

Offline The Letter M

InsideOutMusic are pleased to announce their signing of legendary Dream Theater keyboardist Jordan Rudess for a brand-new solo album to be released later in 2024. This announcement coincides with an exciting new collaboration between Jordan and Moises.ai, an immersive AI-powered creation tool for musicians.

Jordan is currently putting the finishing touches to the album, which features renowned drummer Darby Todd (Devin Townsend, The Darkness) as well as classically trained vocalist Joe Payne (voted Best Male Vocalist two years running in the Prog Magazine Readers’ Poll) and is expected to release it in September 2024.

Jordan comments on the signing and forthcoming album: “I knew I was going to have some time off after the last Dream Theater tour ended. Enough time to, hopefully, complete a new solo album. I wanted this album to push me to evolve a new compositional perspective. So, this album is my inaugural voyage into crafting a solo album with a dedicated vocalist in mind. Joe Payne's vocals inspired me from the first time I heard him and drummer, Darby Todd, has infused each track with his distinctive style.  I'm also stepping into uncharted instrumental territory, playing guitar on a few tracks. Another first, my daughter, Ariana, has penned all the lyrics for this album. We’ve worked closely together, ensuring that each lyric weaves a story and allows Joe's beautiful voice to soar. Proud Dad here. All around this album is a testament to collaboration and personal growth.”

InsideOutMusic label-head Thomas Waber adds: “Having worked alongside Jordan with Dream Theater for several years now, we are extremely pleased to be releasing his forthcoming new solo album. Jordan is an artist always at the cutting edge of technology, and we look forward to exploring that with his new music.”

As mentioned, this announcement coincides with an exciting new collaboration between Jordan Rudess & Moises under an ongoing series titled ‘Moises Jam Sessions’. From today, users of the platform can hear the first taste of brand new music in the form of the track ‘Embers’. Fans can use the app to remix the song, using the apps AI-powered tools like stem separation. As Jordan comments:
"My passion for pushing boundaries in music and technology has always been fierce. It’s this very passion that brought me to the incredible team at Moises. Their groundbreaking tools have become the cornerstone of my musical journey, powering my performances on stage and my in-studio explorations."

Find out more information on Moises here: https://moises.ai/

The track features Jordan alongside the aforementioned Darby Todd & Joe Payne, as well as a guest guitar solo by Bastian Martinez. Fans can expect to hear the track hit streaming services next month, and can follow Jordan on streaming services at this link: https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/de_jordanrudess_artistfollow/

Surprisingly I couldn't find a dedicated JR solo albums thread here or in the General Music portion of the forums.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 10:31:54 AM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Madman Shepherd

I have a couple JR solo albums which I listen to and enjoy somewhat and then promptly forget anything about. Not a slight to Jordan but they're not really my thing. I'll definitely check this out though

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Looking forward to this!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gzarruk

I have a couple JR solo albums which I listen to and enjoy somewhat and then promptly forget anything about. Not a slight to Jordan but they're not really my thing. I'll definitely check this out though

I don't like his solo piano albums at all, but his prog albums are mostly really good.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Jordan's prog albums are really cool!
Darby Todd is a great drummer!! There will be some guest guitar and bass players or the keyboards will basically cover all the instrumentation?
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline The Letter M

Jordan's prog albums are really cool!
Darby Todd is a great drummer!! There will be some guest guitar and bass players or the keyboards will basically cover all the instrumentation?

I would think Jordan would play all the guitar parts, or use the AI Guitar Riff generator that JP was promoting late last year. Either way, Jordan is pretty proficient at guitar these days so I'd imagine he'd play all instruments but the drums.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Yeah, the way it's worded -- specifically mentioning the drummer and vocalist but no one else -- kinda makes it sound like Jordan plays everything else.  But who knows?  There may be a guest appearance or two, although it seems like he would've mentioned that, too.  We shall see.

Offline TheHoveringSojourn808

• fun committee president, sloth gang initiate, and annie clark lover
  • JLB + MP friendship stan
JR has a lot of great solo albums, this one will surely slap
harusame ni nuretsutsu yane no temari kana
RIP the Great Ape, 2024.02.01
Welcome to the Forums!

Offline The Letter M

My new single “Embers” from my up and coming Sony/Inside Out album (late 2024) is exclusively available to listen to on Moises.ai.

Find the song in the Jam Sessions Setlist! Song features.

http://moises.app/jordanjamsessions

That Joe Payne  Vocals
Darby Todd  Drums
B_a_x_t_y Guitar solo
Lyrics by Ariana Rudess
Mixed by James Meslin

Inside Out Music  Sony Music  #dreamtheater Dream Theater #JordanRudess #Moises #MadeWithMoises #SoloAlbum #NewMusic

-Marc.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
How fucking tedious that we can't just listen to the music.

(Although the app is cool :lol)
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Gik6QfFHE

Jordan comments of the track: “EMBERS, the starting spark of my upcoming album, sets the tone for my latest solo musical journey. Originally created for Moises' innovative platform, this track captures a mellower vibe, different from the rest of the album's progressive tunes. For those prog heads out there, never fear, this album runs the gamut of my musical expression and you will get your polymeters and Snarling Pigs. The inspiration for creating this track coincided with a project I was asked to do for the app, Moises, a technology that can turn standard audio files into separate tracks while also showing chords, lyrics and more. I hope you enjoy listening to Embers and, if you are inspired to add your own musical collaboration on this tune, check it out on Moises.”

Jordan adds on the forthcoming album: “I knew I was going to have some time off after the last Dream Theater tour ended. Enough time to, hopefully, complete a new solo album. I wanted this album to push me to evolve a new compositional perspective. So, this album is my inaugural voyage into crafting a solo album with a dedicated vocalist in mind. Joe Payne's vocals inspired me from the first time I heard him and drummer, Darby Todd, has infused each track with his distinctive style.  I'm also stepping into uncharted instrumental territory, playing guitar on a few tracks. Another first, my daughter, Ariana, has penned all the lyrics for this album. We’ve worked closely together, ensuring that each lyric weaves a story and allows Joe's beautiful voice to soar. Proud Dad here. All around this album is a testament to collaboration and personal growth.”

Jordan recently made his live debut with Darby Todd & That Joe Payne, with two rapturously received sets on the 2024 edition of Cruise To The Edge, also marking the live premiere of the new single ‘Embers’.

Offline Architeuthis

Very nice! I like the singer too. 😎💫
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline gborland

Joe Payne is the singer from the TSCO clip on the cruise ship with MP the other week. He also used to sing with The Enid.
Graham Borland

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
It was not what I expected from JR, but was still quite pleasant.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

Original press release I shared early February.
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=58858.msg3081724#msg3081724

Maybe the threads can be merged?

-Marc.

Offline The Letter M

How fucking tedious that we can't just listen to the music.

(Although the app is cool :lol)

The single is now out!

https://youtu.be/g3Gik6QfFHE?si=eyQztHZ5HWECCa3p

-Marc.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
This is a beautiful sound. Much better than I expected.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline hunnus2000

Maybe it's just me but I hear a little Anna Lee in there. Not the exact song but traces of it.

It's beautiful though.  :tup

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Pretty good song.  The keyboards sound great, of course.  I'm not totally sold on the vocalist, but he wasn't a deal breaker or anything.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Maybe the threads can be merged?

-Marc.
Maybe so!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Just checked out Embers and it's ok, I'm not really a fan of the vocalist. It's miles better than anything to come off of Wired For Madness

Offline The Letter M

Just checked out Embers and it's ok, I'm not really a fan of the vocalist. It's miles better than anything to come off of Wired For Madness

You didn't like that That Joe Payne's Joe Payne sang? (A sentence that is grammatically correct :lol)

-Marc.