Author Topic: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)  (Read 18309 times)

Offline Anguyen92

Re: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)
« Reply #350 on: October 01, 2021, 04:09:20 PM »
Well, this is an interesting thing.  Apparently, Stubhub removes all listings that has mobile transfer four hours before the scheduled time (which for Lynyrd Skynyrd is at 7:00 PM).  I can't even relist it now.  I guess I'll go see Skynyrd today then.  Going into it blind.  We'll see how it goes.  I went into Michael Buble blind and I had a fun time.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #351 on: October 03, 2021, 06:44:21 PM »
So, the Lynyrd Skynyrd show was quite a different experience for me.  This one had quite the "boomers" (yes, I will use that term.  Sorry, guys.) classic rock crowd to it.  Haven't been in this kind of crowd since seeing the Who in 2019.  I can't even remember who was the first opening band.  He had an ok voice with only an acoustic guitar.  I did recall sleeping through a few songs (I can't help it, the body shuts down when my mind starts feeling bored).  The biggest crowd reaction was him playing Thin Lizzy's The Boys are Back in Town.

Tesla was ok, I thought.  They got an hour.  Glam Metal ain't my vibe and it honestly didn't help that the row behind me was being obnoxiously into them.  That kind that shows up only for that band and leaves after their set is over.  Band as a whole played all right and people liked them a good enough that fits the outdoor vibe.

As for Skynyrd, I gave it 6 songs, but man, there was something in the vibe that was just not geling for me.  Nothing wrong with the playing, but I just couldn't get into them, so I decided to beat traffic early and leave.  No biggie.  Ticket only costed $15.00 and free parking, so whatever.

As for the rest of October, I got Brad Paisley next Saturday in the same venue.  Bought two extra tickets on Stubhub for $17.00 each and decided to flip in hopes to eat up some of the costs of the tickets I've bought.  I also got a ticket for Walk the Moon for $20.00 at the local club in Santa Ana on 10/15.  As for the rest of the year, I don't know.  I see Halestorm/Evanescence in Inglewood have their GA seats dropped to $62.00 (which honestly is decent value, since I paid $46.00 for Halestorm alone in 2017 and I'm certain when Evanescence came to FivePoint in 2018, their GA prices were pretty steep).  I may bite if it goes below $40.00. Other than that, nothing in November.  I may go to a few Kings games in Staples Center to fill the time.

Brad Paisley - FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine, CA - October 9th, 2021
Walk the Moon - The Observatory in Santa Ana, CA - October 15th, 2021
Daughtry with Sevendust, Tremonti, and Travis Bracht - The Novo in Los Angeles, CA - December 6th, 2021
Metallica's 40th anniversary shows - Chase Center in San Francisco, CA - December 17th and 19th, 2021.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #352 on: October 04, 2021, 11:28:33 AM »
That opener guy is playing guitar in Lynyrd for the tour as the only remaining original member sat the tour out due to heart surgery.

I wish Tesla opened the local Lynyrd show for me. 

If you didn't enjoy the first 6 songs, not sure you'd enjoy the last 6 (or 7) but you did miss Free Bird though, I feel like seeing that is a huge draw to see them in the first place. 

Last week I went to the Pop Punk's Still Not Dead tour featuring New Found Glory and Less Than Jake.  Honestly had never been a huge fan of pop punk so was never really a NFG fan.  LTJ I always considered a ska punk band, although they have pop punk songs.  LTJ were their usual awesomeness.  NFG was actually really fun, mostly because central NJ is a hot area for this kind of music.  The venue was sold out and everyone was singing along to NFG.  It made for a really good atmosphere and therefore I enjoyed it much more than I expected to.

Pop Punks Still Not Dead - New Found Glory, Less Than Jake LIVE Starland

Up next for me is the final show at my local amphitheater before it shuts down until next summer... knotfest roadshow! With Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, Fever 333 and Code Orange.  Not familiar with the 2 openers, I'll have to check them out this week, but super excited to see Slipknot again.  Such a good live band.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #353 on: October 04, 2021, 12:45:03 PM »
^^ That Knotfest Roadshow is playing in the Banc of California Stadium for the LA show.  It's that bill, plus Bring Me the Horizon playing before Slipknot.  GA tickets are $150.00.  I don't think I can go even as a curio, since tickets are bound to be too steep for me, I got to drive on the 110 on a Friday afternoon to get there....., and I'm not a huge fan of any of these bands and I don't think I'm going to be convinced otherwise in a month's time, so yeah.  Fever 333 is the one band I like the most though.  Lead singer's vocals has been compared or influenced by Zack De La Rocha of RATM and they are from Inglewood.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #354 on: October 04, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »
What is up with your concerts getting a cool extra band? Not fair  :lol

Tickets aren't nearly that expensive, plenty of seats available and I'll just wait until day of to see if I get a good deal.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #355 on: October 04, 2021, 12:53:46 PM »
I don't know, man.  The perks of being in the Greater Los Angeles Area, I guess?

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #356 on: October 07, 2021, 09:06:19 AM »
All right, The Red Hot Chili Peppers (with John Frusciante back in the band) have announced their stadium tour.  Given that their live performances aren't really as acclaimed and that I hate SoFi Stadium, this is a pass for me.

https://loudwire.com/red-hot-chili-peppers-north-american-european-2022-tour-dates/

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #357 on: October 07, 2021, 09:10:42 AM »
Oh this is definitely a go for me at Metlife.  I put it on my 2022 calendar.  Their live performances are pretty good these days.  When I first saw them in 2003, the singer I felt was terrible.  When I saw them in 2017 they were really good.  I'm also really excited for their new album with John back in the band.  Their best music was with him IMO.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #358 on: October 08, 2021, 05:02:47 PM »
Well, I found a ticket on Stubhub with Halestorm and Evanescence for $50.00.  I thought I would pull the trigger if it's under $40.00, but I looked at ticket prices for the section below highlighted and the next closest was at $156.00 (with fees included), so I bought one and may consider flipping another.  A bit risky, but I feel like I got a good feeling on this one.

Halestorm and Evanescence - Youtube Theater (Jebus, such a terrible name) in Inglewood, CA - November 10th, 2021

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2021, 01:01:53 AM »
All right, I'm back from the Brad Paisley concert in Irvine.  Tremendous show and crowd.  I actually like the all-around country crowd of all ages more than the boomers (yes, I'm going to keep using that term.  Sorry guys.) classic rock crowd from last week's Skynyrd show.  Final concert at FivePoint Amphitheater for me this year.  This may end up being my favorite venue in all of the Greater LA area.  A.  Free Parking.  B. It's not a struggle to get out of the venue.  C. It's actually pretty easy to snag cheap tickets on Stubhub in this venue at certain points.  This show basically costed me $3.00 due to making some decent flips on Stubhub.  Bought three tickets for $53.00 and made $50.00 in my slice of the sales and I had a center view of the stage in the bleachers and I moved up two rows and had a row to myself for most of the show.

So, this is a tossup between this show and Michael Buble as my favorite concert of the year and I'm leaning more towards Brad Paisley since that guy was so good at his craft on the guitar.  His backup band is solid as well.  It's like Zac Brown Band when it comes to the variety of instruments (which included a violinist and a pedal steel guitar player).  Funny thing is that the shows I've seen in both bands played Hot for Teacher.  When I heard the drummer start the song, I just thought there was no way they are actually going to be playing Hot for Teacher, but when I hear the recognizable guitar melody, there was no question, so that was a huge surprise for me. In Brad Paisley's case, it's better here since we know it's been a year since Eddie Van Halen passed away and the people in SoCal (even the country crowd) appreciated Eddie for what he's done in history and for this area and Paisley did a nice tribute in his guitar work in that one.  Showed some pictures on the screen of Eddie over the years of his life near the end of the song which people applauded.  He also did a snippet of Purple Rain.

There was a bit of awkward moment though.  He kept name-dropping the Dodgers throughout the show which I personally don't care about baseball or either SoCal team, but it's a bit awkward to do that in a venue that's about 15 miles away from Angels Stadium and about 50 miles away from Dodgers Stadium.  It's not really the work the crowd moment unlike what Michael Buble did in Anaheim when it came to hockey.

Other than that, it was a fun show.  24 songs played.  Lasted 90 minutes.  Fun visuals as well (there was a video of a squirrel watersurfing in one song and a mascot that looks like Paisley committing all kinds of scandalous public misconducts in another song).  Plenty of Kiss Cam moments.  Band was great.  People loved when Paisley busted a solo here and there and was hot for most of the show.  I've seen more than my fill of shirtless middle-age guys (none from the band, mainly the main guys from the opening acts) on stage throughout the evening that would last a lifetime though.  So yeah, not much needed to get my money's worth of $3.00, but even if I actually spent $30.00, this was still a tremendous show from start to finish without much breaks in between songs which is another plus from him.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 01:25:39 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2021, 11:16:10 AM »
Fivepoint kind of sounds like my local amphitheater.  Easy to get to (if you drive, public transportation to the venue is not the greatest but they offer free shuttles to the local train station which can get you to NYC), free parking, good tickets to be found if you are looking, and most of the big summer tours stop by...  sadly tonight is the last show of the year for PNC Bank Arts Center.  I
m always a bit sad when the venue closes for the summer, but should be a good one tonight with Slipknot!  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #361 on: October 15, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »
Last Sunday was the Knotfest Roadshow and closed out my local amphitheater for the 2021 season.  What a way to end it!

Let's start with the news, the first band was Code Orange and it was just announced yesterday that the masked drummer for the band is actually Max Portnoy! And Mike Portnoy was actually at this show as well (he shared this on twitter after the fact, otherwise I may have gone searching for him  :lol)  So I had no idea that was Max on the kit, but not sure it would have changed things other than I'd probably try to watch him a bit more than I ended up.  THe reason why I didn't watch him as much was because the singers, guitarists, and bassist were absolutely wild.  I'm not sure I really enjoyed their music all that much, but they were highly entertaining.  Very energetic performance and really solid opener who played in front of a lot of empty seats.

Also, back a month or so ago I mentioned seeing Tallah and Max was not touring with them with no reason mentioned why.  I got a response on twitter from Tallah last night:

He had to practice with Code, and then the tours overlapped.

Next band up was Fever 333.  I really dug their set. The singer and guitarist (no bassist) were also VERY wild on stage.  The singer talked quite a bit in between songs making social justice statements about equality.  Can't say I disagreed with anything he said, but he certainly was knowingly using his stage to make statements and acknowledged that people will think he should shut up.  It was a bit much just because I feel like they probably could have played another song and still make their point.  Didn't ruin the set or anything though, I very much enjoyed their performance.  The highlight of their set came at the final point where the singer jumped off a crate onto a skateboard while screaming  :metal he then continued to ride the skateboard and fell  :lol when getting up, he broke the skateboard over his head.  This may end up on my favorite concert moments video for 2021 later this year, here's the clip: https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1448075759088771079

Third band was Killswitch Engage.  I'd rank this easily as my least favorite set of the show.  Just not for me.  After those first two bands seemingly laying it all out on the line as newer bands, this band just kind of sat back and played.  Felt pretty boring.  My gf came to this show with me too, she was not into them either after really enjoying the first two bands. We ended up spending about half their set eating and hanging out on the lawn.

And then came Slipknot and they blew the roof off the amphitheater.  SO good! They sounded great too which is kind of amazing with how is going on during their show with all the musicians and banging of kegs.   Corey is sporting a new mask this tour which I think is really great, much improved over his last mask.

Very energetic crowd reaction as well.  It sucks that this venue is all seated up front so no moshing, but the people around us certainly were going wild standing in front of their seats.  Also saw a few instances of people running up the aisles and being chased by security.  This was highly entertaining to just crowd watch at points.  Their stage set up was the same from 2019 which was somewhat dissapointing to not see that change, but regardless, it's a cool set up and lots of pyro which I love.  A couple different songs and one less over all from 2019 so the set wasn't anything special, but the performance was so good.  We had a lot of fun for them and it seemed the entire venue did too.  I couldnt find any empty seats.

Slipknot Killswitch Engage Fever 333 Code Orange LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ 2021

Next show up... I'm very much considering seeing Angels and Airwaves this Sunday  :corn

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #362 on: October 15, 2021, 09:31:21 AM »
I'd go see that.   I'm a big fan of AVA, and though their recent albums haven't been as strong as the first two or three, they say the new one is a step back to that early sound (I haven't heard it yet). 

I may try to go to Boston to see them.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #363 on: October 16, 2021, 02:03:15 PM »
So I went to see Walk the Moon at the Observatory in Santa Ana last night.  Smallest venue I've been to this year (holds 500 people).  First time in standing GA only as well this year.  It was a fun show.  Everyone was pretty much bouncing all over the place and the place was packed.  I say its suits Walk the Moon's music which is like 80s throwback synth pop that's tailored to the Sirius XM Alt. Nation and KROQ demographics.  You need to be dancing a lot to fit with this crowd, but my feet was too sore from standing all day so no dancing from me in the back.

Anywho, no concerts for the rest of the month for now.  Skillet has a show today in Anaheim and tickets are going as low as $45.00.  Fine price if they had good bands supporting them the size of Sevendust and Pop Evil like they did in LA in 2019.  They don't here.  I mean I don't mind Adelitas Way, but I already paid $16.00 for them to play 70 minutes back in 2019 as well, and I have very little interest watching them as the main supporting band.  It's a pass for today.

Next show will be the Halestorm/Evanescence show at Youtube Theater (I just hate that name so much) in Inglewood in November.  Would be nice to go see a modern rock show again after the last 1.5 months of shows I've had.  Went to see a violinist playing EDM/Trance music, a Canadian pop musician, a glam metal/southern rock show, a country artist, and a weird 80s throwback synth pop band.  That's enough diversity where I can finally go back to being in an Active Rock kind of crowd and not feel stale being with that crowd again after so long.  I'm ready to be back in a crowd wearing A7X/Breaking Benjamin/Five Finger Death Punch shirts.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 02:23:01 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #364 on: October 16, 2021, 07:58:13 PM »
Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio and War on Women Sunday night!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #365 on: October 17, 2021, 11:38:50 AM »
Josh Rouse this Wednesday Night 10/20 at The Dakota Jazz Club in Minneapolis.

My 1st show since Lehto & Wright in March of 2020.

I'm actually less concerned about COVID as they are requiring Vaccination cards at the show, but more about the insane amount of crime that has been happening including Shootings and Hot Rodding in Minneapolis nightly, for many months. But, what am i supposed to do?..never go back again until it ends?.. my wife and i are going to go, walk as carefully as possible back to our car and get out of there hopefully before 10PM.

We are facing the same situation again in the next month with The Monkees and Mayer Hawthorne in November. It's ridiculous how many shootings and crime there has been in recent months, COVID of course has had a lot to do with it. But something is going to have to change, because I can't be planning to go to concerts worryig if I'm going to get shot walking to and from my car, or even driving away.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #366 on: October 17, 2021, 01:08:53 PM »
Josh Rouse this Wednesday Night 10/20 at The Dakota Jazz Club in Minneapolis.

My 1st show since Lehto & Wright in March of 2020.

I'm actually less concerned about COVID as they are requiring Vaccination cards at the show, but more about the insane amount of crime that has been happening including Shootings and Hot Rodding in Minneapolis nightly, for many months. But, what am i supposed to do?..never go back again until it ends?.. my wife and i are going to go, walk as carefully as possible back to our car and get out of there hopefully before 10PM.

We are facing the same situation again in the next month with The Monkees and Mayer Hawthorne in November. It's ridiculous how many shootings and crime there has been in recent months, COVID of course has had a lot to do with it. But something is going to have to change, because I can't be planning to go to concerts worryig if I'm going to get shot walking to and from my car, or even driving away.

Just don't fear and worry as much. Because you will be worrying and fearful much longer than you expect. It seems as if you traded one fear for another and that is preventing you from enjoying yourself at a show. How do others who attend shows there feel?

For them, that risk (Covid or not) is worth seeing those bands.

Drink some liquid courage and go. Or play it safe and not go. Either way their still going to play and people are still going to go regardless of crime.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #367 on: October 17, 2021, 01:54:26 PM »
Skillet has a show today in Anaheim and tickets are going as low as $45.00. 

My local venue had a 2 for 1 sale for this show so I got two for $40. Couldn't complain for that price.

Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio and War on Women Sunday night!

I'll be seeing this in less than 2 weeks  :yarr have fun!

I have decided to go to the Angels and Airwaves concert tonight.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #368 on: October 20, 2021, 02:06:06 PM »
Angels and Airwaves the other night was pretty fun, I think their songs mostly sound the same which is why I don't think I'll ever really love them, but the show was still fun like I said.  They had a really cool light show which I expected but it met my expectations. Tom really talks a lot between songs.  I'd say at least half of it was random thoughts that made little to no sense.  A few jokes that were funny, and a handful awkward comments about how the music he was performing was going to make the females in the crowd orgasm. I didn't notice anyone orgasm that evening. 

The coolest part of the night was when their 15 song set was over, the entire band walked off the stage besides Tom (singer/guitarist).  He starts asking where the band went and after the crowd chanting for one more song, he performed by himself doing some Blink 182.  It was really cool and was 100% impromptu.  You could clearly see this from my perspective on the side stage where the rest of the band started grouping back up and clearly confused if they should take the stage.  After the little solo bit, they did take the stage and performed another song.  According to setlist.fm, this "encore" had not happened at any other show this tour.  THIS is why I love going to concerts.  Got a fist bump from Tom after he finally got off the stage.

Also, this was the first concert I attended at this venue since they started the vaccination only policy and I felt like the crowd was noticeably smaller than the other shows I had seen here. Not sure if that's the reason, or the band (they are not one I follow enough to know what their crowds are like). 

Angels and Airwaves with Bad Suns LIVE @ Starland Ballroom 10/17/2021

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #369 on: October 20, 2021, 02:32:36 PM »
Good month for seeing keyboardists. Last month it was Rudess in San Diego and this month it was Wakeman in Northampton.

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2021, 09:38:57 AM »
Well, a new tour announcement.  Per bassist Todd Kern's twitter, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators will have a States tour in February 2022/March 2022.  This one I may wait to see if tickets on the cheap.  LA show is in Youtube Theater and if I can get a ticket for $50.00 in the 100 sections for Evanescence/Halestorm, I may get lucky here.

https://twitter.com/todddammitkerns/status/1451569589519888387/photo/1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2021, 09:45:14 AM »
I scooped up a pair of tickets for 311 day in 2022 in Las Vegas.  I've never been to a 311 day concert before, but historically, this is the way of seeing all the rare tracks live.  For this event, they are performing on March 11th and March 12th, just them.  Likely 2x 1.5 hour sets each night and probably around 80 total songs.  My 2022 concert schedule is starting to fill up.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: October 23, 2021, 04:55:19 PM »
Out of curiosity how many tracks do they have in their catalog roughly?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2021, 09:07:59 AM »
Out of curiosity how many tracks do they have in their catalog roughly?

maybe ~250ish

coming up this weekend for me:

October 29th - Bad Religion & Alkaline Trio @ Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City NY
October 31st - Gwar & Napalm Death @ Irving Plaza, New York City NY

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #374 on: November 04, 2021, 08:22:09 AM »
Some reviews from last weekend (yeah, a bit late here)

Last friday was a punk show!  This was at Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC (where I have lots of fond concert memories, including Dream Theater).  Place was PACKED which kind of shocked me since I got a below face value ticket on stubhub a day before.  Anyway, I got there early to catch the opener who I was not at all familiar with, War on Women.  I actually thought they were pretty solid.  Singer was super active on stage.  If you can guess by the name, very much social justice type of punk band.  Met the singer after at their merch booth!

Alkaline Trio was next.  I was never a fan of them when I was younger and hadn't really listened to them since college when one of my friends was in love with them.  I figured I'd give them a legit shot and watch the set with open ears.  I didn't like it.  They just aren't for me.  I do think it's funny how before this show, the last band I saw was with Tom Delonge and then I saw his Blink 182 replacement in Matt Skiba with Alkaline Trio.  Funny how that works.

Headliner was Bad Religion! Probably my favorite punk band and I've been a fan since the mid 90s as a kid.  I find it amazing how the singer looks and sounds the same from when I first saw them 18 years earlier (and on the earlier live albums I have).  It did seem he might be singing a bit lower though (I'm no expert, but upon watching my videos it made me think that might be the case).  Either way, man can this guy work up a crowd.  I thought the set was really good too, lots of rare old tracks and a couple newer ones, plus the hits.  I wish they'd play a little longer is all I could ask for more.

Bad Religion, Alkaline Trio, & War on Women LIVE @ Hammerstein Ballroom New York City NY 10/29/2021

On Halloween I went back to NYC but to a smaller venue, Irving Plaza, which was sold out for Gwar!  Funny to see a band that ALWAYS wears a costume playing on Halloween.  Lots of people attending dressed up as well, including one guy who legit looked and acted like he actually was in Gwar.  I got there early enough to see all bands.  The opener was Eyehategod.  I think I will rate them as the 2nd worst band Ive seen this year (behind Soul Glo).  Part of it just simply goes to their style of hardcore/metal is not for me. Second is I think it's the first time I've seen a member of a band (in this case, the singer) signal for dope from the crowd and someone throws coke on stage and he snorted it openly and shoved the bag down his pants after.  I just felt disgusted by watching that if I'm being honest.  I don't know why it bothered me so much, I'm sure lots of bands and musicians I love have done that, but seeing it and not liking the music really turned me off. 

Next was Napalm Death from the UK.  I've become quite fond of the over seas bands that make it into the US to play shows.  I don't really care for their music, but I respect their desire to perform.  Like I said, not for me, but the performance wasn't bad.  Singer had a lot of energy, they played some new songs and off they went. 

Gwar's set started with someone holding up Oderus' head (former lead singer who passed away awhile ago) who then proceeded to get beheaded himself  :lol and then the blood starts shooting as the band starts performing.  This was my 4th time seeing gwar, and for some reason, as cheesy and ridiculous as their show is, it really hasn't gotten old or stale to me.  Their music is OK, a bunch of songs I really like and a bunch more that are just stupid or OK.  They were celebrating 30 years of Scumdogs of the Universe (funny enough, no one currently in the band is an original member) and opened the set with Salamanizer which I LOVE.  I figured, this was going to be a fun set after the first song and I was no wrong.  Apparently the character Sexecutioner was at this show so they performed his song which they haven't been doing this tour (even though it's on the album they are celebrating).  We also got to see a girl with her huge fake tits cut off, a fake guitarist trying to steal the show had his face ripped off, Vlad the Impalar ripped off someones chest, they destroyed what looked like a deformed pig, the singer with his double cock piss all over the crowd, and at the end there was an epic battle between Techno Distructo and Sexecutioner!  :rollin

Anyway, take a look for yourself if you want to know what I'm talking about:

Gwar, Napalm Death, & Eyehategod LIVE @ Sold Out Irving Plaza New York City Halloween 2021

Up next, catching a flight to Atlanta for the ATLive festival:

November 6th - Metallica, Cage the Elephant, & Greta Van Fleet @ Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta GA

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #375 on: November 04, 2021, 09:43:41 AM »
There's a fine line between what I'm into - Kiss, Alice Cooper - and what I'm not - at some point it gets too ridiculous - so I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm reading your description of Gwar and thinking "man, I wish I saw that!"   :) :) :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: November 04, 2021, 10:00:46 AM »
There's a fine line between what I'm into - Kiss, Alice Cooper - and what I'm not - at some point it gets too ridiculous - so I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm reading your description of Gwar and thinking "man, I wish I saw that!"   :) :) :)

Just make sure to stay in the back if you ever do see them, unless you don't mind being completely drenched in fake blood.  I didn't want to ride the train home like that but didnt realize until after the fact that it being Halloween, I would have fit right in as my train ride home was almost all people in costumes.  (Harry Styles sold out MSG the same night so the ride home was mostly people from that concert).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #377 on: November 04, 2021, 10:08:07 AM »
My daughter had a pit ticket for that Styles show.  Apparently it was a pretty big deal; she's in Dallas and couldn't make it (the show was rescheduled I think twice because of the COVIDs).  I sold her ticket - $100 face - on Stub Hub for $900, and probably could have gotten more if I really played it right (I didn't want her stuck with it, so I lowered it earlier than I would have otherwise). 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #378 on: November 04, 2021, 10:21:05 AM »
My daughter had a pit ticket for that Styles show.  Apparently it was a pretty big deal; she's in Dallas and couldn't make it (the show was rescheduled I think twice because of the COVIDs).  I sold her ticket - $100 face - on Stub Hub for $900, and probably could have gotten more if I really played it right (I didn't want her stuck with it, so I lowered it earlier than I would have otherwise).

holy shit, I actually never heard of Harry Styles and when I walked out of Penn Station to see all the people waiting to get into MSG (and saw the sign for the sold out show) I shot out a bunch of messages to friends to see who this person was.  Yeah, apparently a big deal and I'm apparently not in touch with modern pop music (no surprise there).

In other concert news, Dirty Honey and Mammoth WVH announced a co-headlining tour.  Coming to my local ballroom early in 2022, I definitely plan on being there.  I saw both bands at the same concert a month ago and think that will be a good touring pair.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #379 on: November 04, 2021, 12:28:06 PM »
I remember at the Michael Buble show where he decided to work the crowd into a frenzy he stated that his next guest for his next song was Harry Styles and everyone was screaming, and Buble punked the crowd saying something like, "you really think that's happening tonight?"   That was like seconds after the crowd booed him after he stated, "Go Kings!" in Ducks territory in Anaheim and they booed him further after saying he's a Canucks fan.  As a disclosure, the show was great and everyone in the crowd loved it, but that moment was really noticeable and a pretty amusing way to know that the audience is paying attention.

Also, as for the Dirty Honey and Mammoth WVH tour, LA show is at the Wiltern.  Yes, please.  I will be there and hopefully the ticket price is at a cost I like.

Online SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #380 on: November 04, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
As of now I have these ones lined up

Gojira

2022-01-20

The Pineapple Thief   

2022-03-23

IQ

2022-04-22

Tool

2022-04-26

Anekdoten + Sonic Circus
2022-05-01

Pendragon

2022-05-13

Neal Morse Band
2022-06-18

Queen + Adam Lambert

2022- 07-20

Midge Ure

2022-10-16

Porcupine tree

2022-10-27

Martin Barre Band
2022-12-02

Sure as hell beats this years 1 concert or last years 3 concerts.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 01:31:45 PM by SwedishGoose »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #381 on: November 04, 2021, 01:32:35 PM »

holy shit, I actually never heard of Harry Styles and when I walked out of Penn Station to see all the people waiting to get into MSG (and saw the sign for the sold out show) I shot out a bunch of messages to friends to see who this person was.  Yeah, apparently a big deal and I'm apparently not in touch with modern pop music (no surprise there).

In other concert news, Dirty Honey and Mammoth WVH announced a co-headlining tour.  Coming to my local ballroom early in 2022, I definitely plan on being there.  I saw both bands at the same concert a month ago and think that will be a good touring pair.

I'd go see that show.

As for Harry, I know it's not your thing, really, but I actually saw him at MSG on his last tour, and it was surprisingly good. If you like Elton John, you would like him.  His two albums are solid and I have both on my iPod.  If it wasn't Sunday, of Halloween and I wasn't taking money out of her pocket, I would have definitely taken her ticket and gone myself. I'd've been viewed as wierdo stalking creep - single, middle-aged man in a sea of teenage girls and LGBTQ+ friendly friends - but I'd've still gone.  :) :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #382 on: November 04, 2021, 01:39:20 PM »
Actually one of my friends kind of said similar.  He said it's not likely my music but the guy is so talented I'd probably enjoy it.  Oh well, I saw Gwar  :yarr

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #383 on: November 04, 2021, 01:46:19 PM »
GREAT singer.  Seriously, the guy can sing.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #384 on: November 06, 2021, 02:00:12 PM »
All right, got the tickets for Dirty Honey and Mammoth WVH at The Wiltern.  First show there since Alter Bridge in early 2020 before the shutdown.  Tickets were fair.  $42 plus no extra charge to get into GA pit.  That will be first come first serve which is a plus since the venue typically charge extra for pit.

Edit: And blamo!  Sold two tickets of the Evanescence and Halestorm show at Inglewood on Wednesday successfully.  Bought three tickets in the 100 sections for $50.00 and sold two of them for $62.00 each.  Means that I get to go see this show for $26.00 at a seat in a 100s section.  Pretty decent if you ask me.  On top of that, my bank had one of those offers where if I bought more than $50.00 of stuff on Stubhub, I get 5% back, so I got another $7.50 credit back to my account due to that sale.  Nice tidy work if you ask me to offset the costs of tickets I've purchased this year.  So far, I saved $20.00 doing this.  Not really a suggestable thing to do unless you know what you are doing or if you are a moron like me.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 12:19:44 AM by Anguyen92 »