Author Topic: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)  (Read 18367 times)

Offline Volante99

Re: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2021, 11:54:19 AM »
Thinking about going to Guns N Roses in September but not sure if I want to throw down the $150-200 to get non-nosebleed seats. I’m a fan (but more of a fan of the gritty, Sunset Strip, Appetite version of the band, opposed to the grand piano, choir, arena Illusions version of the band). But my girlfriend likes “that ‘Rain’ song” sooo I might get her to actually experience a rock concert with me.

Anyone see GnR on their last tour? They worth seeing these days?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2021, 12:13:43 PM »
Thinking about going to Guns N Roses in September but not sure if I want to throw down the $150-200 to get non-nosebleed seats. I’m a fan (but more of a fan of the gritty, Sunset Strip, Appetite version of the band, opposed to the grand piano, choir, arena Illusions version of the band). But my girlfriend likes “that ‘Rain’ song” sooo I might get her to actually experience a rock concert with me.

Anyone see GnR on their last tour? They worth seeing these days?

My buddy has seen I think three shows since the "reunion" and he said they were amazing (and he's a fairly picky guy), though he was a little cheesed about the price.   He also had seats for one of the shows that was so close, he couldn't hear Axl because the PA was above him.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #72 on: June 20, 2021, 10:55:20 PM »
Foo Fighters bringing out Dave Chappelle to sing Radiohead's "Creep" is probably the best thing I've seen in a very long time  :metal :lol

Edit: and someone already uploaded a video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nK05eOHEn3A
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2021, 12:19:07 AM »
Foo Fighters bringing out Dave Chappelle to sing Radiohead's "Creep" is probably the best thing I've seen in a very long time  :metal :lol

Edit: and someone already uploaded a video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nK05eOHEn3A
How on earth did that happen?  :lol :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2021, 09:50:24 AM »

I have no idea, but it was one of the highlights of the night for sure. Here is a better video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1_Xxu1Qf8c

That was my first show in 16 months, and I am ready for the next one  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2021, 10:03:22 AM »
Absolutely wild night at Madison Square Garden last night.  Surreal to see an indoor concert, full capacity again.  Had to bring proof of vaccination to get in, but the security guard hardly checked my card.  They did not verify my name and ID or anything, I guess just seeing the CDC card (in a plastic ziplock to keep safe, I didn't even take it out) was good enough. 

I scooped up a cheap corner side of the stage ticket the day before.  I chilled in my seat for all of 5 minutes before I went out searching for a better spot  :lol  Found some open seats on the other side of the stage to chill for the first half of the show before making my way down to the lower level and scooping up someones seat who had left early. 

There was some crazy energy in the air in the arena.  I'm sure you can understand why.  It's been so long since we've been able to pack an indoor venue and release that energy from a live concert.  It was the first fully opened large event at MSG since March of 2020.  Here is the moment the place erupted during the first song: Foo Fighters - Times Like These

I'm not the most familiar with Foo Fighters, but it seemed they put out a really interesting set list.  Some rarer songs, newer songs, cover songs (Queen's Somebody to Love with Dave on drums) and a very special guest of Dave Chappelle (who apparently was in NYC for the weekend for another event) singing a cover of Radiohead's Creep

24 songs total, 3 in the encore including this cover of the Bee Gee's You Should Be Dancing

Here's a pic from where I started the show:

and a pic from where I snuck up to:

Absolutely amazing experience overall, I hope concerts never go away again.

I have no idea, but it was one of the highlights of the night for sure. Here is a better video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1_Xxu1Qf8c

That was my first show in 16 months, and I am ready for the next one  :metal

And Jim Powers is back  :lol Guy always gets better video than me, but pretty cool to see his and my video both linked in blabbermouth today: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dave-chappelle-joins-foo-fighters-on-stage-at-madison-square-garden-for-cover-of-radioheads-creep-video/

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2021, 10:08:52 AM »
I'll be seeing Myles Kennedy on Thursday!

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2021, 10:15:15 AM »
I now wonder how many of those people faked vaccine cards to get in.

Especially, if what Cram says happened. Which is exactly why having those Vax cards was stupid to begin with. Because of Human Error in checking the validity of the cards.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2021, 10:18:21 AM »
Marc, your first seat was exactly where I started out for Harry Styles when I saw him.  Believe it or not the sound wasn't bad up there (I would probably argue that the Garden has the best sound system of anywhere I've seen a show), and when the crowd got rockin' you could feel the whole building shake.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2021, 10:26:03 AM »
Marc, your first seat was exactly where I started out for Harry Styles when I saw him.  Believe it or not the sound wasn't bad up there (I would probably argue that the Garden has the best sound system of anywhere I've seen a show), and when the crowd got rockin' you could feel the whole building shake.

Yup, sound was fine up there and you could certainly feel the shaking.  I didn't really have an issue with that seat (you get what you paid for) but I was pretty sure I could, as a solo person, find a way to sneak up. One of the ushers actually told me, go to the 100s and none of the ushers are checking tickets when you enter so just find your way to a better seat  :lol he was correct.

I now wonder how many of those people faked vaccine cards to get in.

Especially, if what Cram says happened. Which is exactly why having those Vax cards was stupid to begin with. Because of Human Error in checking the validity of the cards.

I'm sure some people found a way to fake it.  I think most had used an app though, they were scanning phones mostly and it seemed like I was one of the few with the actual card in hand.  My coworker lives in NYC and mentioned before that the state of NY has an app that's used for events like this. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2021, 10:32:34 AM »

Yup, sound was fine up there and you could certainly feel the shaking.  I didn't really have an issue with that seat (you get what you paid for) but I was pretty sure I could, as a solo person, find a way to sneak up. One of the ushers actually told me, go to the 100s and none of the ushers are checking tickets when you enter so just find your way to a better seat  :lol he was correct.

The Garden is great for that.  When I can, I buy floor seats way in the back - so I can get to fucking SWEET bar that is behind the stands on the floor level - then you can usually migrate toward the stage.  For Temple Of The Dog I got as far as the fifth row, though I finally got punted back to about the 20th row (I made it into a picture on the Daily News website taken from behind the stage!)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2021, 10:49:02 AM »
I really, really want The Book of Mormon to return to the stage. Does that count as a concert?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2021, 11:02:57 AM »
I really, really want The Book of Mormon to return to the stage. Does that count as a concert?

Why not?  Two, two and a half hours of being able to escape the bullshit of work, family, partners, homes, whatever... works for me.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2021, 12:07:24 PM »
Saw the announcement that Skillet is doing a tour with Adelitas Way.  They are playing in Anaheim at the City National Grove on October 16th.

Didn't get a chance to see them in Anaheim in early 2020 since I was in San Francisco at that time.  I might as well not miss it this time (depending on price) since the venue is close to me (it's next door to Angels Stadium).  Saw both bands around the same time in the Summer of 2019.  Don't expect anything different this time around, but a fun time is bound to be have with two mainstream active rock bands.

Now if only there was a show that's playing at the Anaheim House of Blues (which is also really close to me) that I like.

Also, in other news, Limp Bizkit is playing at the Hollywood Palladium in LA.  Hard pass.  The Palladium didn't have great sound where I was standing when I saw Papa Roach in 2019, driving to Hollywood is always a hard sell, and I don't like Limp Bizkit enough to see a live set.

I am waiting to snag a cheap ticket to see Rise Against in Fivepoint Amphitehater and I do see on Groupon that Korn and Staind is doing a show at FivePoint as well.  Sadly, I don't like Korn enough to buy the ticket which sucks since I do want to see Staind.  It also sucked that Disturbed is not rescheduling the show at Fivepoint with Staind since the ticket I bought on Groupon in 2020 for that billing was a really good seat for a cheap seat.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 12:13:35 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2021, 12:20:52 PM »
Saw the announcement that Skillet is doing a tour with Adelitas Way.  They are playing in Anaheim at the City National Grove on October 16th.

Didn't get a chance to see them in Anaheim in early 2020 since I was in San Francisco at that time.  I might as well not miss it this time (depending on price) since the venue is close to me (it's next door to Angels Stadium).  Saw both bands around the same time in the Summer of 2019.  Don't expect anything different this time around, but a fun time is bound to be have with two mainstream active rock bands.

Now if only there was a show that's playing at the Anaheim House of Blues (which is also really close to me) that I like.

I added the local show to my calendar.  September is like non stop concerts though, it's really hard to say which shows I will or won't make.

Also, here's my full video from Foo Fighters with all my footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiYWRLT11oU I'm still thinking about how amazing this show and how happy I am to have been able to be there. 

Also tentatively adding this to my schedule:

August 13th - Limp Bizkit @ Irving Plaza, New York City NY

I'm no huge LB fan or anything, I did enjoy 3 Dollar Bill Yall when it was first released in 7/8th grade but this is a "pop up show" as they are calling it, basically a one off show at a small venue.  I'm intrigued.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2021, 12:25:08 PM »
I mean Limp Bizkit had their fair shares of solid songs (obviously, we know the big songs they used in WWE during the Attitude era).  I just don't like Hollywood Palladium enough, but for a venue that large, it's all GA with few seats, and they do rarely play in the states nowadays.  Enough people that grew up listening to that late 90s/00s Nu-metal era in a big city like LA will be tempted.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2021, 01:09:38 PM »
Also tentatively adding this to my schedule:

August 13th - Limp Bizkit @ Irving Plaza, New York City NY

I'm no huge LB fan or anything, I did enjoy 3 Dollar Bill Yall when it was first released in 7/8th grade but this is a "pop up show" as they are calling it, basically a one off show at a small venue.  I'm intrigued.

A couple of years ago I went and listened through the entire LB discography for the first time since high school (so at least 10 years) and honestly the lyrics aged poorly (they were awful to being with) but the music is great. The rhythm section is incredibly solid and Wes Borland has a really unique style. Since then I listen to LB semi-frequently.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2021, 01:29:53 PM »
Well, that and Fred Durst is a turd.

But I get that idea of seeing decent bands in small places.  I'm a huge fan of clubs; getting to see guys like Slash and Myles Kennedy in a 1,500 seat theater is a treat. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2021, 01:31:11 PM »
Wait a minute..Limp Bizkit is still active?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2021, 01:35:37 PM »
Wait a minute..Limp Bizkit is still active?

I mean define active.  They haven't released an album in like 10 years and they rarely tour in the states nowadays from what I recall.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2021, 01:37:07 PM »
Isn't it the original lineup as well?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2021, 01:40:11 PM »
Wiki says yes it's the original lineup, or at least the most famous one (I didn't realize there were guitar players before Wes joined the band)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2021, 02:26:33 PM »
Yeah, I see them pop up to headline festivals here and there, but I can't recall anyhting noteworthy about LB other than the missed dropkick from Insane Clown Posse a few years ago against Durst  :rollin

I've never seen them before but seeing they are playing mostly larger venues and then the 1k capacity GA venue in NYC kind of has me intrigued to go.  They are also playing NJ, but I'm not a fan of that much larger outdoor venue. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2021, 03:12:30 PM »
I liked a few LB songs back in the day, rearranged comes to mind.

Cramx: thank you for posting that video  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2021, 03:55:51 PM »
I liked a few LB songs back in the day, rearranged comes to mind.

Cramx: thank you for posting that video  :metal

Yw, I'm no Jim Powers but I really love capturing live music.  Jim actually subscribes to me and me to him.  Kind of cool.  I often think of him as my arch rival of concert footage in the NY/NJ area, but in reality I really respect how good his videos come out.  Got to give credit where credit is due.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2021, 07:20:13 AM »
Yeah, I see them pop up to headline festivals here and there, but I can't recall anyhting noteworthy about LB other than the missed dropkick from Insane Clown Posse a few years ago against Durst  :rollin

I've never seen them before but seeing they are playing mostly larger venues and then the 1k capacity GA venue in NYC kind of has me intrigued to go.  They are also playing NJ, but I'm not a fan of that much larger outdoor venue.

They're also playing the Paramount, a 1,500 seat GA place in Huntington Long Island.  I saw Slash there and it was fantastic.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2021, 09:24:29 AM »
Ever since I first saw Sons of Apollo and realized how amazing Bumblefoot is on guitar, I've been a fan of his.  I've got to meet him at the ProgPower meet and greet with Sons of Apollo, I got to meet him and get a selfie with him when he performed with Asia, and then I met him again after a Sons of Apollo show where we got another selfie together and he gave me a guitar pic.  My point being, I really think he's a great dude and an amazing guitarist so I follow him on social media.  He tweeted a link the other day without much info, I clicked and was surprised to find out that he is going to be a guest at a local free concert of cover music to celebrate a picture gallery for a long time rock photographer.  This is less than 10 minutes away from my house:

Friday, June 25th – Free Outdoor Concert
An unbelievable collection of music from the 80s with a variety of 45-minute performances on the MAC’s outdoor stage including a very special appearance by the legendary drummer, Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge, Rod Stewart, Ozzy Osbourne, King Kobra, Blue Murder, and the list goes on) along with Bumblefoot and Jerry Gaskill from Kings X. Hosted by The WRAT 95.9 DJ personality Tom Hanley. Bring your own lawn chair. FREE to attend!

I'm going to check this out.  Hopefully get a good video of them all playing together too and maybe even meet Bumblefoot again (I've got to think this is a small event with not many people showing up, just locals).

Offline Volante99

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2021, 03:57:11 PM »
Apparently Living freaking COLOUR is playing a show in my tiny hometown (along with a bunch of other 3rd rate 90s bands I have zero interest in). Definitely will try to swing by that show though.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2021, 12:25:15 PM »
Ever since I first saw Sons of Apollo and realized how amazing Bumblefoot is on guitar, I've been a fan of his.  I've got to meet him at the ProgPower meet and greet with Sons of Apollo, I got to meet him and get a selfie with him when he performed with Asia, and then I met him again after a Sons of Apollo show where we got another selfie together and he gave me a guitar pic.  My point being, I really think he's a great dude and an amazing guitarist so I follow him on social media.  He tweeted a link the other day without much info, I clicked and was surprised to find out that he is going to be a guest at a local free concert of cover music to celebrate a picture gallery for a long time rock photographer.  This is less than 10 minutes away from my house:

Friday, June 25th – Free Outdoor Concert
An unbelievable collection of music from the 80s with a variety of 45-minute performances on the MAC’s outdoor stage including a very special appearance by the legendary drummer, Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge, Rod Stewart, Ozzy Osbourne, King Kobra, Blue Murder, and the list goes on) along with Bumblefoot and Jerry Gaskill from Kings X. Hosted by The WRAT 95.9 DJ personality Tom Hanley. Bring your own lawn chair. FREE to attend!

I'm going to check this out.  Hopefully get a good video of them all playing together too and maybe even meet Bumblefoot again (I've got to think this is a small event with not many people showing up, just locals).

Bumblefoot seems like such an awesome guy. If you have time listen to him on the "No Guitar Is Safe" podcast, he talks about his guitar playing and that car accident that he was in a little while back.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2021, 12:26:45 PM »
Apparently Living freaking COLOUR is playing a show in my tiny hometown (along with a bunch of other 3rd rate 90s bands I have zero interest in). Definitely will try to swing by that show though.

Hoobastank is good.  I can't stand Everclear.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2021, 08:35:28 PM »
So this local event was pretty cool.  Mark Weiss is a photographer who did lots of photoshoots with famous metal bands from the 80s.  The event was for him "Weiss Fest" and there was a display of his photos which was really awesome:

Basically every well known metal musician from the 80s.  There were lots of written quotes from such famous musicians about him in the display.  Really cool to see Nikki Sixx, Dee Snider, Rob Halford, and Eddie Trunk all say such positive things about this guy.  I was not familiar with him, but got to respect his work when presented with it.  The guy is a local which is pretty cool and he brought some local friends to perform.

Keith Roth w Carmine Appice & Bumblefoot - Misty Mountain Hop (Led Zeppelin)

Keith Roth w Bumblefoot & Jerry Gaskill - U.S. Blues (Grateful Dead)

Keith Roth w Bumblefoot & Don Jamieson - He's A Whore (Cheap Trick)

and after the performance, I stumbled upon the photographer taking pics of Carmine Appice  :corn

and the two guys from That Metal Show (Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine) enjoying the Black Sabbath cover band

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2021, 02:56:59 PM »
That's so cool!!!!    Did you talk with either of the Metal Show guys?  I understand that Florentine isn't a bad guy.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2021, 06:41:58 PM »
That's so cool!!!!    Did you talk with either of the Metal Show guys?  I understand that Florentine isn't a bad guy.

My wife and I met Don Jamieson outside of the Palladium before the DT show in 2010. He was really cool.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2021, 08:00:12 AM »

I wanted to but they were surrounded by the same group of people the entire time and I didn't want to just stick myself in.  I actually wanted to meet Bumblefoot (again) but it looked like he was being video interviewed for awhile after the set and then disappeared. He probably saw me creeping and ran for the hills  :lol

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2021, 01:28:57 PM »
Pretty sure Mrs. NoseHair and I will be seeing P!nk later on in the summer.  Gained a whole new appreciation for her after watching the Netflix documentary about her tour.  She is a hell of a vocalist and quite a performer with all her acrobatics.  Anyway, this was one of those, <heavy sigh> "yes, dear, I'll go see P!nk in concert at Fenway Park with you"  ::)  kind of things but then I saw the documentary  :eek  and now I'm actually looking forward to it  :hat