Author Topic: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)  (Read 18389 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)
« Reply #315 on: September 21, 2021, 04:32:47 PM »
I'll save my comparisons to GVF after I see them, I'm a big GVF fan but obviously they also wear their influences on their sleeves.  Let's see who does it better  :lol
I'm a fan of both, more so of Dirty Honey.  I got to see GVF back in December 2019 in Philly.  And, it was definitely a good show.  However, just like with their music itself, I find them to be entirely too derivative of Zeppelin in their live show as well.  From the singer's bare-chested sequins leotard look to the way the guitarist hangs his Les Paul way down low and does the Page stagger around the stage.  Entirely enjoyable and listenable... just not the most original.  Dirty Honey obviously takes their influence from the 70's classic rock scene as well.  However, unlike GVF, I can't pick a Dirty Honey song and say "This is their (throw in a Led Zeppelin song title) song" like I can with GVF.  They're more a hybrid of multiple bands that they've thrown into a blender to create their own thing.  I haven't picked up GVF's The Battle at Garden's Gate yet.  But, I hope they come more into their own sound on this new one.

I highly recommend their new album, it's really strong and I do feel it's a bit less Zeppy but it's honestly still there.  I've seen them twice too and really not a fan of their on stage looks, but it doesn't bother me too much.  They are just kids and I enjoy the music for what it is.

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2021, 10:53:47 PM »
I'll save my comparisons to GVF after I see them, I'm a big GVF fan but obviously they also wear their influences on their sleeves.  Let's see who does it better  :lol
I'm a fan of both, more so of Dirty Honey.  I got to see GVF back in December 2019 in Philly.  And, it was definitely a good show.  However, just like with their music itself, I find them to be entirely too derivative of Zeppelin in their live show as well.  From the singer's bare-chested sequins leotard look to the way the guitarist hangs his Les Paul way down low and does the Page stagger around the stage.  Entirely enjoyable and listenable... just not the most original.  Dirty Honey obviously takes their influence from the 70's classic rock scene as well.  However, unlike GVF, I can't pick a Dirty Honey song and say "This is their (throw in a Led Zeppelin song title) song" like I can with GVF.  They're more a hybrid of multiple bands that they've thrown into a blender to create their own thing.  I haven't picked up GVF's The Battle at Garden's Gate yet.  But, I hope they come more into their own sound on this new one.

I highly recommend their new album, it's really strong and I do feel it's a bit less Zeppy but it's honestly still there.  I've seen them twice too and really not a fan of their on stage looks, but it doesn't bother me too much.  They are just kids and I enjoy the music for what it is.

I love GVF and I honestly have ZERO ISSUE with their "Zeppelinish" sound :metal. In fact, I really welcome it! Haven't had the chance to see them LIVE yet. Hopefully in '22.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2021, 10:53:43 AM »
Saw Primus last night at the Chicago Theatre. Nearly sold out. Show was fantastic. I was going to cancel the last time they rescheduled, but my buddy still wanted to go. I then cancelled our tix and got us a mezzanine box for the same price. Could not have been better. Told him in the car afterward that I'm so glad he said he still wanted to go. They played several songs from Antipop which is stunning. Les has aired his disdain for that album so many times and now we get Lacquer Head, Antipop and Eclectic Electric (!).

For A Farewell To Kings, they were a bit stiff on the title track. Seemed a bit slow. They absolutely nailed Xanadu, and I mean nailed it. Same with Closer and Cygnus.

All in all, an amazing first time seeing Primus.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #318 on: September 22, 2021, 12:49:31 PM »
Saw Primus last night at the Chicago Theatre. Nearly sold out. Show was fantastic. I was going to cancel the last time they rescheduled, but my buddy still wanted to go. I then cancelled our tix and got us a mezzanine box for the same price. Could not have been better. Told him in the car afterward that I'm so glad he said he still wanted to go. They played several songs from Antipop which is stunning. Les has aired his disdain for that album so many times and now we get Lacquer Head, Antipop and Eclectic Electric (!).

For A Farewell To Kings, they were a bit stiff on the title track. Seemed a bit slow. They absolutely nailed Xanadu, and I mean nailed it. Same with Closer and Cygnus.

Sounds like fun times :metal

Bought tickets for a show happening next year, May 6, 2022.
Waiting to buy tickets for Mastodon/Opeth. I want Balcony seats but refuse to pay the ridiculous TM "official Platinum" tickets or resale price. Might ended up getting floor tickets but we will see.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #319 on: September 22, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »

Love to hear that; I'm a big Primus fan.   I don't think I'll make the show (I think it's in a couple days) but I'm glad to hear it was a good show.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: September 22, 2021, 12:59:50 PM »
My local Primus show that I considered going to is this Saturday but I'm going to see the MMRBQ festival instead.  The only part about this month of concerts that has stunk was there's been so many that a few overlapped and decisions need to be made.  Granted, in this case it wasn't that hard of a decision.  I've never seen Janes Addiction before, Offspring has a new album to see songs from, heard good things about Dirty Honey, oh and I'd love to see Wolfie again plus Cheap Trick.   :biggrin:

Great news for me, it's cloudy (but not expected to rain) and I guess that's got people scrambling to sell off their lawn tickets for Dave Matthews tonight.  Looks like I can grab a half priced one and the cost of attending was one of the main reasons I wasn't going to go.  But I'll get to hang with my college roommate tonight and it's my birthday so being at a concert for a discount seems about as good as it can get for today.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #321 on: September 22, 2021, 01:02:43 PM »
it's my birthday...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the show.

I've been wanting to see DMB for years, just has not happened yet.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: September 22, 2021, 01:08:58 PM »
Thanks!  :metal

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #323 on: September 22, 2021, 06:45:14 PM »
I completely spaced on praising the opening act for Primus, The Sword. Man, were they riff-tastic! Thoroughly enjoyed their set. Just got done checking their stuff out and got their first 4 albums on order.  Was always aware of them but never heard a note until last night. They killed it.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2021, 10:25:17 AM »
I may contemplate going to see Michael Buble at the Honda Center this Saturday.  Not so much for the music, but for the fact, that I just want something to do on Saturday and think it may be a chill day to sit back and listen to live music.  On top of that, a hockey Youtuber that I watch on the regular (The Hockey Guy) is friends with Michael Buble (although The Hockey Guy says he's known as the friend who shall remain nameless), so that's an added novelty to it.  We'll see if there can be a ticket that go out a price I like to pay.

Edit: Currently at $46.00 on Stubhub.  Decent, but I'll buy it if it's under $40.00.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:32:23 PM by Anguyen92 »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2021, 01:11:49 PM »
Dave Matthews is not my thing.  Probably my least favorite concert of the year so far.  Just not my scene I guess. Having said that, I have no regrets on giving it a shot and since my best friend was there, it was still a fun night out and the weather was great.

and not my best video, didn't really record much at all since I was mostly just hanging with my friend

Dave Matthews Band LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ 9/22/2021

VERY much looking forward to seeing Dirty Heads tomorrow night.  Got a GA pit ticket so I think it's going to be a smoke show up close  :hat

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #326 on: September 24, 2021, 04:34:28 PM »
Dave Matthews is not my thing.  Probably my least favorite concert of the year so far.  Just not my scene I guess. Having said that, I have no regrets on giving it a shot and since my best friend was there, it was still a fun night out and the weather was great.
I can certainly relate.  My wife was ecstatic throughout the whole show, having to wait about a year and a half for the show to finally arrive.  However, it's just not my thing.  I can't get past his voice.  I'd sooner listen to them playing 2 hours of instrumentals.  Because, they're all phenomenally talented musicians.  And, the drunk girl sitting directly in front of me (who was clearly the biggest DMB fan in her own mind) decided it was her mission to get me engaged with the concert, trying to get me to dance and put my hands up in the air.  At one point, she screamed at me "C'mon!  You know you want this more than I do!"  To which I very underwhelmingly told her "Oh, I highly doubt that."  She promptly gave up, turned around and continued dancing.  I was thrilled for my wife and very happy to be out on such a gorgeous night with her.  So, no complaints here.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2021, 09:42:54 AM »
That Michael Bublé ticket prices for today have gotten to $50.00 at this point.  It was down to $43.00 at some point yesterday, but I think someone nabbed it.  I may pull the trigger now since I don't think there's a lot of tickets left available and I don't know if people are willing to lower it to under $40.00 at this point.  Tricky thing to evaluate.

Edit: Yeah, I bought it now.  Looking at the prices on Stubhub, after that ticket is gone, for the single tickets, the prices are $58.00 and after that it is $77, $83, $89.00.  So, here we go.  I look forward to a certain elegance and calmness of a show.  For that, I will wear my Myles Kennedy Ides of March shirt since I would wear that shirt for the non-rock shows.

Michael Bublé - Honda Center in Anaheim, CA - September 25th, 2021.

Edit x 2:  Well, that was quite an interesting morning.  I saw a ticket on Vivid Seats that was going for $44.00 after fees.  Decided to claim that one as well.  I relisted the ticket I bought on Stubhub for $55.00 ($71.00 to the buyer after fees).  They just bought that one right now.  Made the transfer, buyer accepted it, everything is cool and I ended up spending less than $40.00 for the ticket which was what I was hoping to spend in this endeavor.  Easy game.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 04:46:23 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2021, 10:19:08 PM »
Just got home from Myles Kennedy concert in Red Bank, NJ and WOW :metal MK is one of THE most talented artists. Concert was great even though place was less than half full. :blush

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2021, 10:43:32 PM »
I can certainly relate.  My wife was ecstatic throughout the whole show, having to wait about a year and a half for the show to finally arrive.  However, it's just not my thing.  I can't get past his voice.  I'd sooner listen to them playing 2 hours of instrumentals.  Because, they're all phenomenally talented musicians.  And, the drunk girl sitting directly in front of me (who was clearly the biggest DMB fan in her own mind) decided it was her mission to get me engaged with the concert, trying to get me to dance and put my hands up in the air.  At one point, she screamed at me "C'mon!  You know you want this more than I do!"  To which I very underwhelmingly told her "Oh, I highly doubt that."  She promptly gave up, turned around and continued dancing.  I was thrilled for my wife and very happy to be out on such a gorgeous night with her.  So, no complaints here.

I don't think Dave's live voice is aging well (summer after summer of singing All Along the Watchtower the way he does cannot help, as well as the occasional Halloween performance), but his voice is definitely of the love or hate variety.  I saw DMB five times from 2000-2004 and had a blast each time.  Glad you and the mrs had fun.  :tup :tup

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #330 on: September 26, 2021, 12:36:33 AM »
Just got home from Myles Kennedy concert in Red Bank, NJ and WOW :metal MK is one of THE most talented artists. Concert was great even though place was less than half full. :blush

Glad that you enjoyed it.  Myles is the best.  He takes up the top two greatest concerts of all time in my list (his solo show in LA in 2018 and seeing AB in Seattle in 2020).  Bummer that the show was less than half full since Jersey is typically a good area for him and AB.

Anywho, I'm back from Michael Buble.  It's so rare that I saw a show of an artist that I don't know the songs, in a genre that I'm not familiar with (Big Band), in an arena that I hate (the Honda Center mainly due to the Anaheim Ducks connection), that I bought a ticket for at the last minute (costed me $39.00 when Ticketmaster face value was $120), and that it may be up there in the most enjoyable concert of the year for me so far.

Set lasted for about two hours.  His backing band sounded great, Buble oozed a lot of charisma and wit.  He had his cameras show a 9 year old kid from the GA pit area dancing near the catwalk.  Crowd was all right.  Lots of screaming females and couples which makes this one awkward for me as a single guy.  Heck, before playing one of those romance songs, even Buble acknowledged to the single people out there in the crowd that we will find that right person to be with (or maybe we could get lucky and end up in a threesome with a couple nearby).  He also took a moment in the show where he mentioned that he give away tickets in a small section of the show to nurses and doctors in the area.  When his representative tried to deliver the news to the nurses and doctors prior to the show, they initially all thought it was a scam, so Buble showed the crowd a message video on his phone of him he sent to them saying that this is legit, please come to the show and those people had a nice deserved applause from the crowd.

On top of that, being a guy from BC and a fan of the Canucks (another team that I used to loathe, but with the way their rough years have been since their peak, it's not that funny to laugh at them anymore), he made some solid hockey references.  He decided to get some boos going by saying, "Go Kings!" since he knows he's in Anaheim and that's Ducks country.....  He usually does a section of the show where he wants to have someone in the crowd sing with him, but can't for this tour due to health protocols, so he came up with this idea of taping a microphone to a hockey stick and see how that works out (one of the participants, whose from LA, also said Go Kings! and said it fast knowing she would get booed).  On top of that, Buble mentioned that he's a Canucks fan (and I like to think he said in the way that motions that yes, he too hates the Kings since the Kings and Canucks had some history in the early 2010s).  The Anaheim crowd also booed him for that and he decided to throw the finger in someone's direction.  I ate that all up in glee, baby.

But yeah, the show had some strong moments, in the songs, in the banter to the crowd, and that the various musicians had some solo spots and some of his backup singers sang lead in some parts as well. Everything about the show was great and that kind of show I needed to see and be in a relaxed environment, so I'm glad I went.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 12:54:38 AM by Anguyen92 »

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2021, 08:57:45 AM »
Tool has announced a States/Europe tour for 2022.

Not a fan of theirs, but good for their fans.

https://loudwire.com/tool-2022-us-european-tour-dates/

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #332 on: September 27, 2021, 09:15:55 AM »
Interesting, this might be a good way to spend my birthday I guess since they are playing in my area on that day  :metal

Never seen them live, so might be a good chance to do so.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: September 27, 2021, 10:17:51 AM »
Speaking of Miles Kennedy... apparently I won Eddie Trunk's pair of tickets to the show tonight in NYC.  He tweeted something about it and said to email him, I did and got a response saying I won, but the response has some gramatical errors that makes me question how I'm supposed to get the tickets.  I responded asking for clarification and got none, so I don't think I'm going to risk going just to find out the tickets aren't there.  I think I only listened to his solo stuff once and wasn't into it.  According to his tweet, I should be getting a merch bundle too but the email had no mention of it.  Makes me just hate the guy honestly  :lol like you can't write a proper english email? 

Anyway, I was in Coney Island last Friday for the reggae rock show.  It was a BEAUTIFUL night.  The venue isn't really outdoors, but open air and right on the boardwalk so hanging in the area before/after the show was a real treat.  Also the original Nathans is right there so dinner was some real good hot dogs and cheese fries.

Hirie was the opener.  Wasn't familiar with them at all, but really enjoyed their set.  Reggae music, but the singer was a really pretty and VERY active female.  Doing some crazy work out type dances during the songs and just putting on a show.  The sax player also showed off by playing like 3 other instruments besides the sax.  For a 30 minute set, this band pulled out everything for the small crowd that was just getting to the venue. 

This was a coheadline show, so next was a 75 minute set from Sublime with Rome.  Rome very early on said he had this date marked as a special show for them.  Soon enough, we'd realize the band wasn't joking.  The performed the Sublime song "Saw Red" for the first time ever with Rome.  The singer of Hirie came out to sing Gwen Stefani's part.  It was AWESOME.  Maybe the highlight of the entire show for me.  Totally unexpected.  I had to look this up, but there's no other time they've played this that I can find.  Super special even if it's only a 2 minute song.  I thought it was also odd of them stacking a lot of the hit songs early in the set, as the played Doin Time about midway (usually a near end of set song) and Rome kept yelling at someone at the backstage.  I thought for sure something was messed up with their sound of something to see Rome keep yelling behind the stage... well, it turns out it was because Redman was in the house and he came out mid song to rap a verse of his own music as Doin Time just kept going.  This was a surprise and the crowd was going wild.  They then finished the set with a Rome original song they have never played before.  I've seen this band many times, this was the best and most interesting set they've done that I've seen.

Sublime with Rome and Redman:

The headliners were Dirty Heads.  I really came to see them.  They've surpassed Sublime for my liking awhile ago and they used to open for Sublime so it seems I'm not the only one whos come around to really like them.  I guess having a viral tiktok song (Vacation) helps bring in popularity.  I also should say I love seeing how this band has grown.  They now tour with a horn section that adds so much to the music.  The set was very well rounded and interesting, including their latest hit song Rage and Bum Bum which were released during the pandemic.  Shockingly, I think they only played one song from their newest album, which is slightly dissapointing, but they ended the set with Silence which was AWESOME and unexpected.

Dirty Heads:

Oh and got to meet the singer of Hirie.  She was just chilling in the crowd watching the end of Sublime's set so when I walked out of the pit to go to the bathroom, we saw her and chatted for a bit.  She and my gf seemed to be like friends or something  :lol and we snapped a pic together. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #334 on: September 27, 2021, 10:50:06 AM »
SO... we get a couple of pictures of old sweaty men on stage, but we don't get a pic of the "pretty" singer and your girlfriend?!?   Ball hog.

(I'm kidding; I'm glad you had fun; that sounds like a great night out whether you're into the bands playing or not).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #335 on: September 27, 2021, 10:53:03 AM »

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #336 on: September 27, 2021, 11:23:26 AM »
Adorable.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #337 on: September 27, 2021, 11:39:27 AM »

This is awesome, I'm going to go to the Tampa show.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #338 on: September 27, 2021, 11:41:49 AM »

There's actually some convenient overlap with NMB. I'd opted out of the rescheduled NMB dates, but if I can hit a couple of shows it might be worth traveling for.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #339 on: September 27, 2021, 06:06:48 PM »

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: September 29, 2021, 12:56:57 PM »
Another review incoming...

Last Saturday, the day after being in Coney Island for the reggae concert, I drove down to Camden NJ (just outside Philly) for an all day rock festival hosted by the Philly rock station WMMR, the festival is known as the MMRBQ.  Line up was pretty interesting for my tastes so I snagged a ticket awhile ago (long before I knew I'd do back to back shows about 2.5 hours apart, but anyway...).

Got there after 2pm and saw the ending of the second band's set, Ayron Jones.  I only saw the end, so can't comment too much other than it's very rare (at least for me) to see a full african american rock band.  From what I saw, those guys could rock. I really thought they were cool if only for diversity sake, but maybe their music is good too.  The last song I saw was solid.

After them came Dorothy.  Had never heard of this band before, but was really impressed.  Watched the entire 30 minute set and the singer, named Dorothy, was so energetic.  So engaging.  Exactly the type of front person for a rock band that I love.  She sounded powerful and commanded the stage.  The music was more basic rock, a bit of a classical sound.  I actually put this as my 3rd favorite set of the day and maybe the #1 surprise.  She performed her new single live for the first time, you can watch it here if curious about what I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj6dcRZQtLk

What was really cool about this being a radio event was that the radio show was live from the venue, so between sets I'd go over to the consession area of the venue and you could watch the live radio show. The hosts were all interacting and taking pics with people.  The weather was PERFECT too.  It felt like it was super easy to keep entertained between sets.Here's a pic of the side of the venue along the water with Philly in the background, you can tell from this pic that the weather was perfect.

Next up was the band I wanted to see the most and my second time seeing them this summer, Mammoth WVH.  This event had a weird seating arrangement.  Your ticket only matter for the last 3 bands, otherwise before that, the entire seating area and GA pit were open to anyone.  So I got myself up close and center in the pit for this set.  There were Wolfie chants in the crowd as soon as he came out.  You could just see it in his eyes that he was impressed by the reaction.  The venue was also pretty packed at this point of 4pm.  The performance was solid.  This band is legit live, with 3 guitars and all of them add backing vocals so the live performance not only sounds great, but it's tight too as this band had been touring non stop all summer so they've had a lot more time to gel since I first same them August 5th.  Sadly they played 1 less song than what they were doing opening for GNR, but that's really the only bad thing I can say.  I had SO MUCH FUN rocking out in the middle of the pit to this set.  ALMOST caught a guitar pick too thrown by Wolfie  >:(

My pic:

Wolfie's twitter background pic from the same show:

It felt like the place emptied for a bit after his set as Dirty Honey started setting up.  I know I left, had to pee and wanted to watch the radio show some more.  Got back and took a seat in the back to watch Dirty Honey.  They sounded good.  I just have to give the edge to Dorothy because of her energy over DIrty Honey though.  Their music was solid and performance was good, but they all kind of stayed to stage right which was very odd to me.  It felt like they were only interacting with a small part of the crowd.  They were talked about in this thread recently and I can see why people enjoy them.  To me, they felt like a group of older dudes catering to the older dude crowd.  Good, but nothing special for me.  Glad I got to see them though.

Now it was time for the headliners.  Cheap Trick! I'll admit, at this point of the day, I was really tired.  I put a lot of my energy into that Wolfie set and now the sun was starting to set and I was fading.  I missed a good chunk of their set because I sat back and ate crab fries for dinner and re-hydrated.  Sucks, but that's kind of what happens at festivals.  You got to pick your battles here.  I watched the beginning from the lawn, ate my dinner, and then made it to my seat (great seat btw) for the end of their set.  They were good, but nothing special for me. 

The Offspring were next.  I loved them so much as a kid. Smash will go down as one of my all time favorite albums.  It's very nostalgic for me and I even still enjoy it.  But the band themselves have not aged well.  They only played 2 songs off their new album (first album in like forever) and those songs kind of sounded like shit.  The singer has no power in his voice anymore.  The guitarist, Noodles, admitted to being shitfaced after he made a really poor joke about not knowing the bassist's name.  It sounded like they were pumping in fake keyboards as well.  Overall, I enjoyed the set because I enjoy most of their music, but they were kind of a let down overall.  Most interesting part of their set was I helped lift a guy over the barrier into the GA pit up front and then watched him get kicked out  :rollin

The headliners were Janes Addiction.  I was never a fan of them as a kid in the 90s when Jane Says was always on the radio.  I didn't get it.  However, I think I get it now.  And it's not because of that song.  But more so because of their kind of trippy guitar playing and Perry's energetic performance.  They were really good.  My 2nd favorite set of the day.  I didn't know most of the songs, but the hits were played and really enjoyable.  Just watching Perry alone was extremely entertaining.  I may never get to see them again, I feel like they are a fairly inactive band, but I'd recommend them to anyone who likes the music from the early 90s.

Couldn't of asked for a better concert experience.  Great day! MMRBQ Camden NJ 9/25/2021

onward to tonight for the Pop Punk's Not Dead tour with New Found Glory and Less Than Jake!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2021, 01:04:03 PM »
Fantastic review and it looks like a beautiful day, watching the youtube video now.

I just scored floor seats to Tool next year. I'm hoping this tour happens. Tool is in my top 5 live performances of all time.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2021, 02:32:38 PM »
Marc, great review.  Glad you enjoyed the show.   

In that first shot, across the river, if one knew where to look (right over the bow of the ship, I think) you could see why house when I lived in Philly.

I'm a big Cheap Trick fan, so I would have eaten crab fries during The Offspring myself, but I get it.  How did Robin sound? They're solid live, so pretty much the show is as good as he sounds.

I need to see WVH at some point.  I love all the positive that I'm hearing.

I'm a big Jane's fan and a big Dave Navarro fan.  When I saw them a couple summers ago, I pushed my way down to the front row (I know, I know) for that big moment in "Three Days" where he does his guitar solo into the main riff, and it was so friggin' cool.  Perry looks like hell with the plastic surgery, but his voice has held up pretty good.  The hanging girls are hard to get used to (I forget, but i think the one on the right is Perry's wife; I know she's on stage with him but I forget if she hangs.  They actually use hooks through their skin, not a harness.)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2021, 02:40:35 PM »
To each their own on when to eat, I wanted to check out more of Cheap Trick but my body just was saying "eat and sit" so I listened because I wanted to make it to the end of the show. Robin sounded OK.  Not the best, but nothing I'd complain about.

About the "hanging girls" that's a normal thing for their shows?  I've seen plenty of bands use girls like that before, but the way you word it, it's like they are part of the touring band?  It might make sense because they bowed with the band at the end which I thought was odd, but I'm not really familiar with the band to know any of this.  There was another female on the side back of the stage doing backing vocals as well. 

Also, WVH's album didn't impress me initially but it has really grown on me since seeing him the first time.  Guy gets a lot of flack on social media, but it was all love in the pit for him and the smiles on his face was the positve feeling back to the crowd.  I highly suggest checking him out when he comes to town.  Looks like they are booked to open for the Scorpions in Europe in the winter, so maybe next summer.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #344 on: September 29, 2021, 02:55:15 PM »
To each their own on when to eat, I wanted to check out more of Cheap Trick but my body just was saying "eat and sit" so I listened because I wanted to make it to the end of the show. Robin sounded OK.  Not the best, but nothing I'd complain about.

Just busting on you; you don't have to explain.  I wouldn't have lasted from 2 pm to the end of the headliner myself, so I'm not one ot talk!! :)

About the "hanging girls" that's a normal thing for their shows?  I've seen plenty of bands use girls like that before, but the way you word it, it's like they are part of the touring band?  It might make sense because they bowed with the band at the end which I thought was odd, but I'm not really familiar with the band to know any of this.  There was another female on the side back of the stage doing backing vocals as well. 

Yes, that is a part of their set.  They were there when I saw them on their festival tour with Alice In Chains, and they are on the DVD from their show in NYC from like 2013, too.   The woman in the back is Perry's wife, Etty or Etta or something like that.  The two girls hanging are dancers. They actually stick these large hooks into the skin on their back and that's how they hang.  I forget what show it was, but Navarro did that on TV himself a couple years ago. He said it's invigorating, or something like that, but then again he's an odd guy.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: September 29, 2021, 02:58:18 PM »
That sounds freakish  :lol Had I known, I might have tried looking closer though OOC

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: September 30, 2021, 06:27:39 AM »
They actually stick these large hooks into the skin on their back and that's how they hang.  I forget what show it was, but Navarro did that on TV himself a couple years ago. He said it's invigorating, or something like that, but then again he's an odd guy.

Reading this made my skin crawl....

I picked up my first ticket of 2022, going to see Tool in Tampa.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #347 on: September 30, 2021, 07:17:49 AM »
Not gonna lie; it was hard to watch that TV show.  I wasn't close enough to really get the real measure of it during the concert, but they didn't seem to be suffering.   IMO, though, there's a lot going on there that makes you say "WTF?". 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #348 on: September 30, 2021, 04:09:36 PM »
Well, saw a cheap ticket for Lynyrd Skynyrd for $15.00 at FivePoint Amphitheater for tomorrow.  Figured why not!  It's in the outer sections in the bleachers area.  It's a Row 10 seat.  Not bad, but it's not a centered view.  I may mull it over in the next 24 hours to see if I want to go if other things in life don't get in the way tomorrow, or I may just relist it and try to recoup some of the costs that I paid to see Brad Paisley next week at the same place.  Options.  It's fun!

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #349 on: September 30, 2021, 10:50:27 PM »
Just had a double hit (postponements) this week with DT and more recently JP (After losing NMB until '22 last week).

Covid -  :tdwn

Richie Faulkner (get better bro) -  :metal

NOTHING left until '22 :censored :censored :censored