Author Topic: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)  (Read 18384 times)

Offline Anguyen92

Re: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)
« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2021, 11:02:38 PM »
Found a four day pass on Stubhub for $146.00 for the Louder Than Life festival in Kentucky.  Great value.  It stated that the ticket will be shipped Friday.  Festival is a week from Thursday.  Downside though is finding flight and stay in Louisville......  I feel like it's not worth it to me if it will cost more than the two trips I did in 2019 and February 2020.  Not that I'm really going to pull the trigger, but it's something to window shop on.

Edit: Another look at that Metallica two shows at the Chase Center in San Francisco.  It's looking a bit more tempting.  There's a two day pass going for $260.00 for a front row upper section spot.  Flight and stay would be another $390.00.  Again, it's window shopping, but my finger may pull the trigger if it gets a little more lower.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:52:58 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #281 on: September 14, 2021, 12:28:02 PM »
 :metal :metal :metal

Just saw that Mastodon announced a tour with Opeth  :metal

NYC November 20th for me. Lands of a Saturday which is great!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #282 on: September 14, 2021, 12:47:40 PM »
LA show at Hollywood Palladium.  Not really my favorite venue to go to, but the right size for these two bands to do a indoor tour for.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: September 14, 2021, 01:58:34 PM »
:metal :metal :metal

Just saw that Mastodon announced a tour with Opeth  :metal

NYC November 20th for me. Lands of a Saturday which is great!

I'm going to try to go to this same show as well.  Saturday makes it so much better.

Went to 3 concerts in a row last weekend.  SO much fun.  Started with a smaller indoor concert.  The first of this kind in a long time and it was so nice to experience a more underground type of concert.  Lots of ProgPower bands too so basically the type of stuff I really enjoy.  This place checked everyone's covid cards and IDs before entering.  I got there halfway through Seven Kingdoms set.  They sound like a not as good Unleash the Archers.  Not bad, but didn't totally stand out other than the singer being very short and hard to see.  2nd band was Aether Realm and they are scheduled to play at ProgPower in 2022 so I may see them again soon.  I won't be upset with that, they were really good.  Not for everyone as they were I guess melodic death metal.  Reminded me a lot of Insomnium actually.  They just sounded good and while all the harsh vocals weren't my thing, they definitely hit a lot of the musical points I enjoy with heaviness and melody.  They did once song with the singer of Seven Kingdoms that was really good.  Then came the headliners, Unleash the Archers.  SO good.  One of my favorite performances of 2021 so far.  They played the songs I wanted to see, Brittany was SO good live.  I got to meet and chat with the guitarist after the show and get a pic.  Guy seemed so friendly and nice.

Unleash the Archers, Aether Realm, & Seven Kingdoms LIVE NYC 9/8/2021

The next day I decided I would check out the local ballroom show and it was my first time back in the venue since March 10th 2020.  Once again, a solid covid check before entering.  Got there just as Tremonti started.  Place was not filled much for them.  They went on fairly early.  Apparently there was supposed to be a 3rd band but they backed out of the tour.  I didn't love Tremonti.  Found the songs to all kind of sound the same except the one new song kind of sounded different.  They weren't bad, just I don't think they were for me.  They were a bit heavier than I expected though.  I stood at my signature side stage spot at the end of their set and got a fist bump from Mark Tremonti!  :metal  The headliner was Sevendust.  They were very energetic.  Lots of headbanging all around the venue as it filled up more, but was never packed.  I enjoyed their performance but similar to Tremonti, I don't think I'm all of the sudden a huge Sevendust fan.  I do think I enjoyed their set much more though just because of how energetic the music was.  Overall, pretty fun show.  I'm glad I went.  THe venue even shared my photo of the venue on instagram and twitter! Oh and when Sevendust got off stage, one of the crew members tossed a couple guitar picks at me and some others.  I got one and the girl next to me did not, she was noticeably upset.  Mostly at her guy friend who also got one.  I hung around a bit longer and after chatting with another crew person, he gave me a guitar pick and I gave it to that lady.  She was SO happy.  It really made me feel good.  Love those random concert moments!

Sevendust & Tremonti LIVE @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ 9/9/21

The next day I switched it up from the metal and rock music to something a bit more poppy.  I had scooped up a $20 lawn ticket earlier in the summer from the livenation sale and this was maybe the best bang for buck concert ticket I've scored in a long time.  I can't remeber the last time I saw my local amphitheater this packed.  It was effectively sold out.  Not an empty seat and the lawn was packed to the edge.  I got there early to secure a decent lawn view.  Basically I feel like I got the best I could without getting there another hour earlier.  First band, I had never heard of, was blackbear.  Not as bad as I expected, but definitely not my thing.  I should add that the venue was packed with young people who seemingly never went to a concert before.  All the people around me seemed shocked there was an opener, and also shocked it was an opener they seemed to know  :lol  Then came the headliner, Maroon 5!  They were SO GOOD! Really enjoyed this performance.  Just fun happy music.  A bit funky and some rock thrown in as well. Back to the young people, so funny that all the people behind me were watching the concert through my camera.  I got so many questions about it and the guy next to me subscribed to my channel on the spot  :lol  But honestly, you just can't see from the lawn and that zoom lead to a lot fo really good detail you just couldn't see with the naked eye.  If only I were 15 years younger, I probably would have had so much more fun with all the girls at that show.  It's rare for me to be at a show with more females than males. And of course, after uploading the Maroon 5 videos, I lost a few subscribers  :lol metalheads can be so picky!

Maroon 5 with blackbear LIVE MMXXI tour @ PNC Bank Arts Center 9/10/2021

and onto another 3 show weekend!

September 16th - Megadeth, Lamb of God, Trivium, Hatebreed @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 18th - Skillet @ Starland Ballroom, Sayreville NJ
September 19th - Coheed and Cambria & The Used @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #284 on: September 14, 2021, 02:13:45 PM »
As mentioned in the Metallica thread, I've pulled the trigger in getting the pass to the two shows for their 40th anniversary.  It's a lot of money, but life needs some sort of spice and excitement after a 1.5 year of not doing anything due to the pandemic and a trip to San Francisco to see the biggest metal band in the world twice can get me that excitement.

Metallica's 40th anniversary shows - Chase Center in San Francisco, CA - December 17th and 19th, 2021.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #285 on: September 14, 2021, 03:05:41 PM »
As mentioned in the Metallica thread, I've pulled the trigger in getting the pass to the two shows for their 40th anniversary.  It's a lot of money, but life needs some sort of spice and excitement after a 1.5 year of not doing anything due to the pandemic and a trip to San Francisco to see the biggest metal band in the world twice can get me that excitement.

Metallica's 40th anniversary shows - Chase Center in San Francisco, CA - December 17th and 19th, 2021.
Going to both nights as well, can't wait!  :metal

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #286 on: September 14, 2021, 06:39:28 PM »
September 19th - Coheed and Cambria & The Used @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

How's the parking at the venue? I'll be there as well  :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #287 on: September 15, 2021, 03:18:55 PM »

How's the parking at the venue? I'll be there as well  :metal

If you get there early enough, you can park in the lot right by the venue.  If not, the staff usually forces you to 1 of the 2 outer lots.  Both are decent walks (like 15 minutes).  Parking is free though. Well, you can pay for VIP parking, but I'd say it's hardly worth it.  You should have no issue finding a spot, just depends on where you'll be walking from.  I still need to get my ticket, probably will buy second hand right before the show.  Should be able to snag a good ticket for under face value since it's not selling the greatest (but it is a large venue).  Let me know if you want to meet up at some point!

Snagged my Opeth/Mastadon ticket today with the blabbermouth pre-sale, figured that would be my best shot for a front row balcony ticket and I got the last one  :yarr Not a cheap ticket though...

Also, looks like I will be going to Dave Matthews next Wednesday (on my birthday!).  I had scrapped it off my list because of cost and it's completely sold out besides the lawn, but my best friend texted me saying his wife is dragging him there so figured it'll be worth it just to hang with him if nothing else.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #288 on: September 16, 2021, 06:21:39 AM »
I'll let you know :metal Don't know the time I'll get there but I'll post here or send you a PM if anything.

I wanted to get front row Balcony for the Mastodon show as well but by the time I went in it was sold out. I'm going to wait until general sales tomorrow and see if they release a few more.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: September 16, 2021, 09:04:34 AM »
I'll let you know :metal Don't know the time I'll get there but I'll post here or send you a PM if anything.

I wanted to get front row Balcony for the Mastodon show as well but by the time I went in it was sold out. I'm going to wait until general sales tomorrow and see if they release a few more.

Yeah man, once inside the venue it's large but open and easy to meet up as well.  Since it's Sunday, I think I'll get there in time for the opener (not familiar with them, but might as well check them out)  I'll be going solo and would be nice to give this board the finger again  :lol

I took off work today and tomorrow for a second in a row, 3 concert weekend.  I'm going to be wiped come Monday, but this is what I live for  :metal SO pumped for the metal tour of the year tonight.  None of these are my favorite bands, but just knowing it's a nice long show of good music outdoors has me very excited

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #290 on: September 16, 2021, 01:05:27 PM »
Coheed is doing a $20 stream this Sunday and I've read that they changed a few of the songs since I saw them on this tour. Def watching that.
Got Anti-flag next Thursday!

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #291 on: September 16, 2021, 01:11:15 PM »
Neal Morse Band - Oct 12
Dream Theater  - Nov 4
Evanescence & Halestorm  - Nov 7  ( I probably won't make it to this one since it's only three days after DT)
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #292 on: September 16, 2021, 02:20:17 PM »
Not my picture, but it's just a lot easier to steal somebody else's than to upload the [slightly better] ones I took from my phone. It was cool to actually travel someplace new to see a show, and this was a good one. Dude played an hour-forty-five for all of about 50 of us. Really cool to see that. And he played Keys to the Imagination, which was awesome.

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: September 16, 2021, 02:25:12 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I'm not sure I'd be too interested in such a solo piano performance, but the intimacy and his dedication is very cool.

Coheed is doing a $20 stream this Sunday and I've read that they changed a few of the songs since I saw them on this tour. Def watching that.

So the concert in Holmdel this Sunday is live streamed?  That's pretty cool, I'll have to yell DTF as loud as I can or something inbetween songs  :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #294 on: September 16, 2021, 02:31:08 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I'm not sure I'd be too interested in such a solo piano performance, but the intimacy and his dedication is very cool.
The beauty of what he does is that every song sounds different than the one before. He rolled through patches just as if it were a DT gig. If it were him sitting at a Steinway I'd probably still go, but wouldn't find it as entertaining. I was excited to see the synth there, though, because I knew it'd be far more varied.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #295 on: September 16, 2021, 05:45:54 PM »
Just bought a $10 lawn ticket for Saturday night Black Crowes show at PNC in NJ. I've NEVER been on lawn and NEVER will (IMO, not even worth going). Anyway, hoping for an "upgrade" possibility for $10-$20 since the show isn't ANYWHERE NEAR filled. If not, I'll buy a seat there. First show back since SOA over a year and half ago >:(

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #296 on: September 16, 2021, 07:28:03 PM »

So the concert in Holmdel this Sunday is live streamed?  That's pretty cool, I'll have to yell DTF as loud as I can or something inbetween songs  :lol
LOL I'll listen for it, but not sure others in the audience will know why you're shouting DOWN TO FUCK at them lol

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2021, 11:23:08 AM »
already had tickets for the LA Rolling Stones show on 10/17, but just managed to snag Lucky Dip tickets for the second show added on 10/14! Only $30/ticket and I won't know the seats until I get there, but they could be anywhere in the venue from the nosebleeds down to the pit!  After Charlie's passing I'm betting these will be my final 2 Rolling Stones show, it'll be bittersweet without him but I'm glad the tour is still going on as planned  :heart

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #298 on: September 17, 2021, 12:06:11 PM »

LOL I'll listen for it, but not sure others in the audience will know why you're shouting DOWN TO FUCK at them lol

HAHA

Knowing Cram, he'd come out of there with a story!  :) :)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #299 on: September 17, 2021, 05:44:38 PM »
Just bought a $10 lawn ticket for Saturday night Black Crowes show at PNC in NJ. I've NEVER been on lawn and NEVER will (IMO, not even worth going). Anyway, hoping for an "upgrade" possibility for $10-$20 since the show isn't ANYWHERE NEAR filled. If not, I'll buy a seat there. First show back since SOA over a year and half ago >:(

When you get in, in the lower area concessions right by the entrance, there is a table with people selling tickets to other shows as well as upgrades.  I've never done this before (they used to sell upgrades on the app which I haven't seen this summer) but the line was very long last night for this and someone commented on my youtube video they had a lawn ticket and bought an upgrade.  Also, if it sells very poorly, they often just let you into the 400/300s seating area. 

HAHA

Knowing Cram, he'd come out of there with a story!  :) :)

:lol I almost want to make sure I get a solid ticket just to do this Sunday.  And speaking of concert stories, the bus ride out of the venue last night was one of the funniest and wildest bus rides I can ever recall  :lol made a few random friends from that ride as well all were screaming and yelling

So last night was pretty fun.  I saw the entire show, so it started with Hatebreed.  They aren't from NJ, but have some local roots in the northeast.  They seemed to always be around when I was a kid.  I never really loved them, but was always familiar with them.  I really don't keep up with hardcore music, so kind of surprised they got the nod when In Flames couldn't do the tour.  Not a bad opener, but when all the songs are super short, even for 30 minutes I was kind of over it fairly quickly.  They did do a good job getting the small crowd pumped though.

Trivum was next.  Much better for my musical tastes.  I don't think I'm going out to buy an album, but they were pretty solid.  The crowd started to fill in and it started raining during their set.  Next up was Lamb of God.  I think I was most excited to see them.  I think most were as well, as their set was the most packed the venue was.  Very energetic.  The singer just controls the stage so well.  I think this was the first and only set of the summer for me that had pyro as well.  I'm such a sucker for fire.  I don't know why, but it adds so much to the live show for me.  I went up to the pit in the lawn for the end, so much fun as it absolutely downpoured while they played "Redneck", their final song.

https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1438956384851304448 <- clip of the rain during redneck

The headliner Megadeth felt a little lackluster after Lamb of God if I'm being honest.  They sounded great, but they don't have that energy.  I could hardly see Dave's face for most of the set (head down, hair in the face, I know this isn't new) and when he spoke between songs it sounded like gibberish.  Reminded me of Ozzy honestly.  Great performing, but kind of just seemed like a lost old man otherwise.  I guess the new bassist was fine live.  They really did sound good though, can't really knock them at all from the performance... but only doing 10 songs is a bit of a downer.  Once again, made me feel like Lamb of God stole the show.

The Metal Tour of the Year - Megadeth Lamb of God Trivium Hatebreed LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center NJ

"day off today"  :lol I've been joking that concert video editing has become a full time job, but I took the day off and spent half it working on these videos.  Tomorrow is Skillet so from Lamb of God to Christian rock is an interesting shift.  Going with the girl I've been dating all summer because she apparently really likes them so I expect to have a lot of fun.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #300 on: September 17, 2021, 05:57:59 PM »
1:08:42  WTF? It looks like they broke into Dave Meniketti's mini-warehouse and stole the old Rock Robot getup.   :lol
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: September 17, 2021, 06:38:36 PM »
1:08:42  WTF? It looks like they broke into Dave Meniketti's mini-warehouse and stole the old Rock Robot getup.   :lol

:lol seemed like a terrible Eddie

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2021, 10:43:51 AM »
Well, this should be a fun tour.  Ghost and Volbeat co-headlining US arenas.

https://loudwire.com/ghost-volbeat-2022-us-co-headline-tour-dates/

SoCal show is at the Honda Center in Anaheim.  Pretty close by to me.  I expect them to charge prices that the Forum charges, which isn't really cheap, so I will keep an eye out to see if anyone is relisting a ticket on the cheap.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »
Well, this should be a fun tour.  Ghost and Volbeat co-headlining US arenas.

https://loudwire.com/ghost-volbeat-2022-us-co-headline-tour-dates/

SoCal show is at the Honda Center in Anaheim.  Pretty close by to me.  I expect them to charge prices that the Forum charges, which isn't really cheap, so I will keep an eye out to see if anyone is relisting a ticket on the cheap.

Definitely want to go to the Newark NJ show.  I like both bands so that's a nice tour

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2021, 12:17:11 PM »
Cram, did you make it to the Coheed show last night? I sent you a PM (not sure if it went through, I never know when they go through). I got there a little after 6, walked around for a bit and then sat down when Meet me at the Altar started (my seat was in the middle of section 104). I was trying to see if I spotted you while walking  :lol

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2021, 12:22:38 PM »
Watched the stream for The Used and Coheed. They needed a crowd facing mic, but other than that it was a great stream.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #306 on: September 20, 2021, 12:34:23 PM »
Cram, did you make it to the Coheed show last night? I sent you a PM (not sure if it went through, I never know when they go through). I got there a little after 6, walked around for a bit and then sat down when Meet me at the Altar started (my seat was in the middle of section 104). I was trying to see if I spotted you while walking  :lol

I never got a PM.  I made it to the show, actually got a 5th row center seat at the box office right when the show started.

Watched the stream for The Used and Coheed. They needed a crowd facing mic, but other than that it was a great stream.

Ah if there was no mic for the crowd, you likely didn't hear my DTF yell during The Used set  :lol got a few odd looks, but whatever.

On a side note, the singer of Meet Me @ the Alter looked like the Lifeline character from the Apex Legends video game. 

Also, got a pick from Coheed

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2021, 12:46:51 PM »

I noticed you couldn't hear the crowd on the stream. I took this quick video just because I love this part, and you can see Zach falling down. Not sure if that showed on the stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkTNmyYzl2o

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2021, 01:23:33 PM »

I noticed you couldn't hear the crowd on the stream. I took this quick video just because I love this part, and you can see Zach falling down. Not sure if that showed on the stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkTNmyYzl2o

:lol that's great

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #309 on: September 21, 2021, 02:09:08 PM »
Just bought a $10 lawn ticket for Saturday night Black Crowes show at PNC in NJ. I've NEVER been on lawn and NEVER will (IMO, not even worth going). Anyway, hoping for an "upgrade" possibility for $10-$20 since the show isn't ANYWHERE NEAR filled. If not, I'll buy a seat there.

A friend of mine had $15 lawn seats for the show.  I really had no intention of going because, IMO, this isn't The Crowes.  It's the Robinson Brothers Cash Grab tour.  But, for $15 AND Dirty Honey opening AND them doing the entire SYMM album, I decided to give it a shot.  Dirty Honey sounded great.  The Crowes were good.  I've always hated how Chris Robinson scats/improvs all the lines to the songs (making it virtually impossible to sing along).  And, 20 years after I saw them with Jimmy Page, he has only gotten worse.  Their portion of the show was enjoyable nostalgia for me.  One of the guys I was with found a VIP wristband in the parking lot from the concert the night before.  We passed it around to get everyone down to the 300's.  Then, a friend in the 200's sent us a screenshot of her virtual ticket and we sat in a bunch of the MANY empty seats in her section.  A great night of music with absolutely fantastic weather.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: September 21, 2021, 02:14:07 PM »
One more concert review!

Last Saturday was Skillet at my local ballroom.  This was an odd one for me.  They don't really change up their set and this concert was the same time as a big Penn State football game.  I think under normal circumstances, I'd probably pass up on it.  However, sometimes I feel like things were meant to be and that I should have been at this show.  Reasons?  March 10th 2020 you can probably find the old thread here where I questioned if I should go see Skillet as covid was all of the sudden becoming a thing in the US.  I decided to go and I really enjoyed the show.  When they got off stage, the singer said "Later bud" to me as I got high fives from the entire band.  Next day everything shuts down basically.  About 6 months later I get to see my first concert since things shutdown, it was Skillet for a drive in.  Now 1.5 years after seeing them for the first time kind of on a whim, they returned to the same venue.  Kind of felt like a nice closure of how I've mostly been feeling these days about the pandemic.  Show was decent.  Not a huge turn out.  Not nearly as much as 1.5 years ago.  I did also get to do fist bumps to the entire band again.  Set list included their new song and one other different song from last time so overall I wasn't too impressed with basically the same show as they did the two other times.  It was significantly more fun than the drive in though  :lol 

Anyway, the singer has been a hot topic from blabbermouth because he's an anti-vaxxer.  He spoke about it a bit in concert and it was kind of a turn off.  He turned it into a religious thing and I'm just not buying it.

Timestamped for what the singer had to say regarding covid:

Skillet LIVE @ Starland Ballroom Sayreville NJ 9/18/2021

As for the Coheed and Cambria / The Used show.  I don't have too much to add from what I already stated yesterday.  It was fun, I didn't record too much knowing it was live streamed.  I was up close and had fun.  Got a guitar pick and can't really ask for anything more from the night other than maybe longer sets from the two bands, but 75 minutes isn't that odd these days.  Megadeth couldnt even do that. 

Coheed and Cambria & The Used LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center NJ 9/19/2021

I'm just happy I feel pretty good today, yesterday I was hitting some exhaustion as this month has been absolutely crazy with the concerts and it's not ready to slow down yet.  I am burning more PTO for a 4 day weekend and got the following three shows on my schedule:

September 22nd - Dave Matthews Band @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 24th - Dirty Heads & Sublime with Rome @ Coney Island Amphitheater, Coney Island NY
September 25th - Jane’s Addiction, Offspring, Cheap Trick, Dirty Honey, Mammoth WVH @ BB&T Pavilion, Camden NJ

But, for $15 AND Dirty Honey opening AND them doing the entire SYMM album, I decided to give it a shot.  Dirty Honey sounded great.
I've never listened to them, but will see them on Saturday.  I've heard good things so looking forward to checking them out.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #311 on: September 21, 2021, 02:28:27 PM »
I saw Dirty Honey when they opened for Alter Bridge around two years ago at this time in Raleigh, NC.  They were all right.  I know many Alter Bridge fans on the West Coast trip I was at in early 2020 really liked Dirty Honey.  Here was my thoughts about it when I posted my trip at the AB forums.

8:00 PM finally arrived and Dirty Honey came out and I will say, they definitely look like a band that really wore that 70s rock influences on their backs that seems to be the craze in rock nowadays. I’ve heard their EP and while that style of music is one that I wouldn’t listen much in heavy rotation, I felt that I got a better feeling about these guys having genuine success than Greta Van Fleet. Anywho, so I heard their set and they were ok. I think the vocals were on the low end of the mix to the point where it isn’t audible at all from where I was. Also, their guitarist experienced a nightmare every guitarist doesn’t want to go through their set, their guitar becoming inaudible due to amp issues or other stuff. Thankfully, they were able to salvage it and deliver an ok set for the 30 minutes they have. I think people liked them enough. In fact, those guys were at their merch booth at the back of the room after the show ended in case anyone wanted to talk to them and people did.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #312 on: September 21, 2021, 02:30:19 PM »
I'll save my comparisons to GVF after I see them, I'm a big GVF fan but obviously they also wear their influences on their sleeves.  Let's see who does it better  :lol

Offline DTwwbwMP

« Reply #313 on: September 21, 2021, 02:36:48 PM »
I LOVE Dirty Honey. Have seen them twice (first opening for AB & most recently Saturday night opening for Black Crows). As a 61 yr old rocker, my "heyday" is '70's rock bands and I look at DH as I did Aerosmith in the 70's. Dirty, rabid rock n roll band. :hefdaddy Something that's SORELY missing these days. :censored

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #314 on: September 21, 2021, 03:38:08 PM »
I'll save my comparisons to GVF after I see them, I'm a big GVF fan but obviously they also wear their influences on their sleeves.  Let's see who does it better  :lol
I'm a fan of both, more so of Dirty Honey.  I got to see GVF back in December 2019 in Philly.  And, it was definitely a good show.  However, just like with their music itself, I find them to be entirely too derivative of Zeppelin in their live show as well.  From the singer's bare-chested sequins leotard look to the way the guitarist hangs his Les Paul way down low and does the Page stagger around the stage.  Entirely enjoyable and listenable... just not the most original.  Dirty Honey obviously takes their influence from the 70's classic rock scene as well.  However, unlike GVF, I can't pick a Dirty Honey song and say "This is their (throw in a Led Zeppelin song title) song" like I can with GVF.  They're more a hybrid of multiple bands that they've thrown into a blender to create their own thing.  I haven't picked up GVF's The Battle at Garden's Gate yet.  But, I hope they come more into their own sound on this new one.