Author Topic: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)  (Read 18401 times)

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Re: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2021, 12:19:29 PM »
Goo Goo Dolls put on a good show still!

Got Coheed this Saturday!!!!!  :metal :metal :metal

Didn't realized Coheed was so soon. I have Tickets for Sept. 19 and I was hoping it doesn't get cancelled. Enjoy the show!

Did you get to see Rise Against?

Yeah, thought it was an awesome range set list too. Curious to know what Coheed is gonna play.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2021, 12:23:00 PM »
The Irvine show, this Friday, is going to be the first show of the tour, so I have no clue what they are going to play.  Heck, I'm still not heavily familiar with their entire catalog, but I know it's going to be good stuff and that people can get excited about it.

Edit: And yes, Rise Against from start to finish was awesome.  Excellent stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2021, 12:27:08 PM »
I never really got into Coheed, I need to check them out.  I do enjoy some of The Used though.  That should be a fun show. 

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2021, 12:33:39 PM »
I never really got into Coheed, I need to check them out.  I do enjoy some of The Used though.  That should be a fun show.

I was trying to describe The Used to my husband and came up with Coheed meets Panic At The Disco lol so take that for what you will

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #214 on: August 25, 2021, 12:47:29 PM »

I was trying to describe The Used to my husband and came up with Coheed meets Panic At The Disco lol so take that for what you will

Not sure that helps me as I know The Used, but not familiar with Coheed or Panic  :lol I do plan on checking that show out when it comes to town, I just need to get some Coheed listens in before that though so I can be familiar.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2021, 02:53:53 PM »

Not sure that helps me as I know The Used, but not familiar with Coheed or Panic  :lol I do plan on checking that show out when it comes to town, I just need to get some Coheed listens in before that though so I can be familiar.

For newer coheed check out unheavenly creatures. For older coheed check out Good Apollo or In Keeping Secrets.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2021, 08:23:29 PM »
Well.  I've learned a couple of interesting tips today.  One, that's an interesting tip, El Barto.  I'll definitely keep that in mind when buying nosebleed cheap seats.  Two, you were right.  Today's Goo Goo Dolls show in Costa Mesa is a buyer's market.  This is what ticketmaster has in available tickets about 15 minutes before the first band begins.  This show won't be a sellout by a wide margin.

Saw a seat in the inner sections near the stage on Stubhub that was going for like $53.00.  Pretty good view as well.  If I was a bigger fan of the band, I probably scooped that one, but I was waiting to see if it can go cheaper, but someone nabbed it.  Then I saw a ticket for like $33.00 in the front row section of the outer sections with like 30 minutes before the first band opens, but that was sold in like 5 minutes, and by then, I already conceded in not wanting to go at that point.  Not upset.  I still have that Groupon ticket for their LA show at the Greek Theater next year, so whatever.

Foo Fighters is playing at the Forum, tomorrow.  The worst seats is selling at $60.00 where you see the side of the stage and the view is like the back of the band's setup.  Not really something I want to spend on top of spending $30.00 for parking for that.  Maybe I can scoop something better tomorrow.  Doubt it and I'm not upset if I don't get a ticket since Friday is going to be me going to see Coheed & Cambria.  Probably get ready for that one more.  Seats for higher rows in the section I am at for the Coheed show is going for like $10.00 on Stubhub and other resellers.  That band can have cheap tickets if you know where to look for them.  Saw them and Mastodon in 2019 for like $18.00 at the Greek Theater.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #217 on: August 25, 2021, 10:29:28 PM »
Apparently you're no longer allowed to look at the available seats on TM without logging in first, which I ain't doing (I just posted elsewhere about websites that fuck with me password-wise, and TM is tops on the list). However, looking at the scalper market, I think it's quite possible floor tickets bottom out pretty close to that $60 rear stage seat. They're currently at $130 (after fees), and there are a lot of them left. Probably more than than people will buy. Better quality uppers will definitely drop below that. You'll probably find get-ins for ~30 total as the start time approaches. 

The thing to look for is if scalpers are trying to sell the same seats that TM still has at face value. If there are still tickets left in the uppers you'll see those plummet on Stubhub and the life.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2021, 08:05:13 AM »
Buying tickets last second has been my game this summer  :lol I've either paid face value for great seats (2nd row for 311 last weekend) or got a good seat for a nice discount on the second hand market.  I think that's what I am going to do tomorrow to see which concert I end up going to.  I'm pretty sure Lynyrd is going to be the cheaper one since it's not selling as well though even though face value is more expensive.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2021, 09:51:12 AM »
Buying tickets last second has been my game this summer  :lol I've either paid face value for great seats (2nd row for 311 last weekend) or got a good seat for a nice discount on the second hand market.  I think that's what I am going to do tomorrow to see which concert I end up going to.  I'm pretty sure Lynyrd is going to be the cheaper one since it's not selling as well though even though face value is more expensive.

Rarely do I buy on sale day.  I snapped up Transatlantic because I got second row in front of Portnoy, and I wasn't passing that up, but I still don't have tix for NMB in either Boston or NYC (probably going to go to both) and won't until we get closer.

I had third row behind the pit for Maiden and bought them as we were parking the car in the lot.   As long as you're not picky, that's the way to go.   I'm also willing to be mobile if I have to.  Kiss on Sunday was cancelled - Hurricane Henri - but I will likely do that for that show as well.   Hang in the lot and see what I can do online or in person.   

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2021, 10:05:17 AM »
It helps being a solo concert goer most of the time as well.  I have 100% control of what I'm cool with.  I've been seeing this girl for a couple months now and she's starting to really enjoy the concerts as well, so it complicate things slightly to have to find two tickets, but so far it worked really well for GNR and 311.  But now I'm trying to secure a GA pit ticket for Dirty Heads for her since I bought mine the day of sale (which I don't normally do either unless I know it's a hot ticket) and now those tickets are significantly more expensive.  It's definitely a game in many ways.  I've come out on top so much lately though.  I may be able to just sell my GA ticket for profit and get two cheap seats on secondary market if necessary for that concert.  I'm glad she's not picky.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2021, 10:51:10 AM »
Well, that's the thing; your concert buddy has to be in tune.   My friend Jim - who you've met, Marc - is like me.  Let's do it, and if the worst thing is we go home, we can always stop for a beer on the way.   He's good like that.   One of my friends from high school... I stopped going with him (and I don't go to many shows with my wife) because if they don't have "ticket in hand" when they leave the house, it's like showing up to the airport without your ticket or passport.   :tdwn

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2021, 12:31:33 PM »
Well, that's the thing; your concert buddy has to be in tune.   My friend Jim - who you've met, Marc - is like me.  Let's do it, and if the worst thing is we go home, we can always stop for a beer on the way.   He's good like that.   One of my friends from high school... I stopped going with him (and I don't go to many shows with my wife) because if they don't have "ticket in hand" when they leave the house, it's like showing up to the airport without your ticket or passport.   :tdwn
Hell, I flew to Cali to catch a show in San Bernardino on the assumption that I'd just give some guy in the parking lot $50 for a ticket. Done that in Denver, too. Never any problems. In fact, the times when I/we've just gone to a show just assuming it'll work itself out have either been bargains, or unbelievable bargains. The show in Colorado we scored 3 tickets to see Maiden for $15 total (we actually refused to take the $5 in change from the twenty we gave him). Had some guy offer us front row for an Ian Anderson gig for just under face value less the fees while we were walking to the window. One was a hot Texas day and the other was a rainy Colorado day.  :lol  Honestly, I see it as an opportunity, rather than a risk.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2021, 06:46:33 PM »
All right, got the tickets to see Foo Fighters at the Forum today.  Got it for $48.00 for a upper section seat with a good view on Stubhub.  Ticketmaster had it listed at $120.00, so I'm rolling out. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2021, 06:57:14 PM »
All right, got the tickets to see Foo Fighters at the Forum today.  Got it for $48.00 for a upper section seat with a good view on Stubhub.  Ticketmaster had it listed at $120.00, so I'm rolling out.

:metal :metal

I'm starting to lean towards going to Rancid/Dropkick Murphys tomorrow.  I see Lynyrd is only playing 13 songs this tour, 12 of which were played last time on the "farewell" tour.  Regardless, I'll see what the ticket prices look like tomorrow and go from there

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2021, 09:21:55 PM »
Show last night was amazing. Lamb of God always puts on good energy here, and they showed it. Randy loves it here and was sporting a local band he enjoys shirt and gave them a holler, and always dedicates a song to us natives, and wanted to hear our warcry.

Megadeth was pretty awesome due to the energy of all three of his current bandmates, Lomenzo added more of that energy that Ellefson lacked. The Dystopia songs were amazing too and I was glad we got The Threat is Real.

Also, Mechanix was on the set, but as it was windy and Dave was eating his hair, he had to step out for a while and fix it. His vocals were actually pretty good and decent as they could be for his age.

He also mentioned how he beat cancer, and that he will probably be okay from covid if he catches it. But since he is still alive and as long as he is still here, he will continue to keep playing music for us fans.

It's an outdoor open venue, and until October 18th (the only exception being the Dave Matthews show before this date), all they are requiring is masking if you are unvaccinated. There was no way to tell who was and wasn't, which I find damn fascinating, because I know there were vaccinated people masking and unvaccinated people not masking. Being one of my first big concerts sober at this venue, it was amazing to see the amount of people that let loose, and by let loose I mean completely and more so than usual. People were stumbling drunk before entering the venue and were inside the venue passed out, two chicks started stumbling and falling all over people in the Pit during She-Wolf, and then this guy right by me whipped it out and began taking a piss. Me and this other guy both saw and immediately left that spot and went somewhere else in the pit. The pit was also pretty packed as well.

Overall it was great to be enjoying a show again, although my experience was hindered by drunken assholes, it didn't detriment my experience because the music was good, I was sober, and I found a spot by the left speaker by some short people so I could see the stage. Also, it's legal here, so my friend hit me up and we met on the lawn and sat down and smoked a few during the set changes. Others were as well, and then we joked about it anyone was passing joints around (my other friend went to Rebelution before this one and said that quite a lot of people were passing joints around). No one said nothing, and the people and vibe was neat as the security and cops weren't out patrolling the lawn like they usually do.

Also, they had 3 different sizes of water for sale. Liquid Death, which looks like a Modelo can and I had to ask about it, which is Swiss Alps spring water. A "souvenir" cup that was a dollar more than the Liquid Death can, and a smaller cup which was just about the same amount as the Liquid Death but cheaper and in a cheaper cup. I found that hilarious, and to top it off, the lady behind me then was complaining about the water being 5 bucks and them pointing to the cup and saying this one is $4.50. I cracked up as I walked away with my fries and "souvenir" cup. I just remembered too, that before that girl mentioned anything about the prices, The guy in front of me was with either his son or nephew whom noticed the prices and he replied, that's capitalism.  :lol

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #226 on: August 27, 2021, 02:40:33 AM »
All right, I'm back from seeing Foo Fighters at the Forum.  I'll spare you guys the play by play and just say negatives and positives

Negatives:  For those that wants to go to SoFi Stadium for a football game.  Don't park at the parking lot.  I was directed to park there after the Forum parking lot was full.  A.  It costs $45.00 B.  It took almost an hour for me to exit the lot.  There was like only two exits out of there.  Not really an efficient approach to get thousands of people out.  I shudder to think how they can get 70k people out in a timely manner for an event there after the show is over in its current state.

Foo Fighters had some certain flaws to their set.  Mainly them doing extended versions of nearly every single song while I would have liked more songs.  Only played 19 songs in two hours and 15 minutes of a set.  Also, I didn't really like their new songs from the last two albums and that they had non-band backing vocalists during those sections.  Nothing wrong with the backing vocalists in general, but not for me.  People seemed to dig those songs and the Bee Gees cover (there was even a disco ball on the ceiling where the GA crowd was at during that cover).

Positives:  The hits are still hitting really well including the Wasting Light songs.  Band played great.  I didn't see sign of age slowing them down.  Dave Grohl was running around like a maniac like he always does (except in the last time I saw a Foo Fighters full set in 2015 where Grohl was on his custom throne while rehabbing his leg from that accident where he fell off the stage while running around like a maniac at a show in Sweden, which he still finished that show after a hour of delay.) and he's still telling long profanity-laced stories.  Crowd was solid and pretty packed.  Security was strict and checking people for vaccine cards.  They played Queen's Somebody to Love with Taylor Hawkins on vocals and Grohl on drums.

Also, and this is a touching moment.  Last year, a girl drummer publicly challenged Dave Grohl to a virtual drum-off and he accepted and he was really impressed with her.  So Grohl claims they met in person for the first time today and he brought her out for this show and she drummed the final song, Everlong, with the band.  What a moment for her.

Overall, great show.  I say I enjoyed Rise Against show last Saturday more (although the highs for Foo Fighters was higher, but the lows was lower in comparison to Rise Against).  $48.00 for a last minute ticket was a good grab, but $45.00 at parking in either The Forum or SoFi Stadium and the time it took to get out is a major blehhhhh.  Never coming back to that area for a show unless they either lower parking (unlikely) or I find a cheaper way to get in and out of that area.  Now to sleep for 6 hours.  Work for like another 6 hours with a 30 min. lunch in between and off back to FivePoint Amphitheater (a venue that really outclasses the Forum, in my opinion, when it comes to parking accommodations) for Coheed and Cambria.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:06:56 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #227 on: August 27, 2021, 06:45:28 AM »
The last time I saw Foo I was also disappointed with the jam-out of EVERY song. I thought the same thing - they could have played like 4 more songs if they ended songs without jamming.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2021, 06:56:18 AM »
Parking.  I've got to say I've been spoiled.   Here in Hartford, there are places to part outside the amphitheater that take about 0.5 seconds to get to the highway, so no problems there, and for $10.  Plus the shows I like to see - in theaters from 500 to 2000 - you can usually stroll right out to your car, get in, and head out for home.  I can't imagine at this point sitting in a car for an HOUR after the show just to get out of the lot (though I do drive to a number of shows, so going to see a show in NYC means about 90 minutes in a car to drive home, but that's different.  I'll usually stop in the City for a sammich or a slice for the ride home.   My wife laughs at me because she can usually tell what I ate by what's on my shirt when I walk in the door.).   

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #229 on: August 27, 2021, 07:43:55 AM »
Looking at the setlist and comparing it to what they played when I saw them in June, looks like they cut out 5 songs from the setlist: Run, Arklandia, Creep (Radio head cover), This is a call and Making A Fire.

(though I do drive to a number of shows, so going to see a show in NYC means about 90 minutes in a car to drive home, but that's different.  I'll usually stop in the City for a sammich or a slice for the ride home. My wife laughs at me because she can usually tell what I ate by what's on my shirt when I walk in the door.).   

:lol Yeah, driving to NYC for a concert you know it will take you some time to get out of the city. I try to avoid midtown/downtown as much as possible now (though I commute there instead of driving). If I can just do 1 hour drive to a show elsewhere (jersey or CT), I rather do that.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2021, 09:29:21 AM »
One more comment about that parking lot that makes me mad about this whole thing.  Just when I was in the front of the line (there was two lines alternating the one exit available, one car at a time) ready to get out of that craphole, there was a guy that walked in front of my car trying to sell his crappy knock-off concert t-shirts (and there was a lot of people outside that was doing this) and the car in the other line took advantage of it and exited when that should have been me that exited in that position.

Screw the Forum.  Screw SoFi Stadium and I may say screw Youtube Theater if I end up with a ticket for that Evanescence/Halestorm tour and end up back in that clusterf*** area.

Edit: In hindsight, after going over my other options.  What I could have done is park at one of those Park and Ride lots near the metro train station near the 105 and then taken the bus to the Forum.  Could have saved me a fair amount of money and time if I had done that.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 03:23:02 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2021, 03:13:30 PM »
I went to see Zcsts In Space last night as they were playing in my town. I have heard a couple of their albums but wouldn’t say I really knew the band. It was an enjoyable show, and just great to be back watching live music.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2021, 12:56:33 AM »
All right, I'm back from FivePoint Amphitheater for The Used and Coheed & Cambria show.  I had a good time.  Overall, I know this was not a sold out show.  They curtained off two sections and I know not all the tickets sold.  I think there were row 40 upper section seats that was still listed on Stubhub for $10.00 around the first band starting.  If I had to guess on attendance, I think there was slightly more people that came for this show than in the LA show when it was Mastodon/Coheed and Cambria.

A lot of people were really there for The Used.  It was like first opening band, it was basically empty in the upper seats sections.  When The Used came out, a lot more people showed up that nearly filled the available sections and some left by the time Coheed came out.  Still, people moved up in rows to find open areas to be closer.  People were more jacked for them than for Coheed.  Pop Punk is not my thing though (I don't mind it in moderation though), so I really felt out of place (probably more out of place than me wearing a rock band t-shirt at a Lindsey Stirling show on Monday).  They played all right though.

Coheed and Cambria was really good as usual.  People were still really into their set after The Used only crowd cleared out.  Only played for 75 minutes (they played 90 minutes in LA in 2019).  The Used played for an hour and first opening band had 25 minutes.  I think for those that saw the Unheavenly Skye tour in 2019 with Mastodon co-headlining, I think it would be worth it for those people to see Coheed & Cambria again after two years after that tour if they thinking about getting a ticket of a fair price they like. 

If there was one thing I personally would have changed, I should have waited before buying my $25.00 seat and nabbed one of those $10.00 seats on Stubhub in the sections that had a more centered view.  I would have been in a way higher row compared to where I was seated, but there really isn't any bad seats at FivePoint in the 300 sections, but I think the center sections would have been a better viewing experience and if worst came to worst, I would just move up in rows if available.  Everyone around me was doing that and no security noticed or cared about it.

I really wished I can see Coheed & Cambria at their own solo headlining show with no co-headliner to see how that feels.  I had a ticket for their show in Riverside last year before the pandemic happened, so that was again a bummer.  Hopefully, next year they get a chance to do that.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2021, 07:17:46 AM »
Yeah, I would love a 90-100min set from Coheed. Its been a few years since they did their full album tours which were awesome. Im excited for The Used, haven't seen them since in maybe 10 years. Checked out the Coheed setlist and excited for some of the choices. Seeing that show tonight! Sucks that the venue is forced to shut down at 10pm because of noise - outdoor venue in a neighborhood.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2021, 04:03:29 PM »
311 tonight!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2021, 08:34:08 PM »
Have fun King!

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2021, 08:57:30 AM »
Ooooo, Trans-Siberian Orchestra is coming back on tour this holiday season!

https://loudwire.com/trans-siberian-orchestra-2021-winter-tour-dates/

This time, I'm going to wait it out on Stubhub for cheap tickets for the Ontario, California show.  The last two times I went in 2018 and 2019, got a good Groupon seat for like $50.00.  Had an extra ticket in 2019 and I had to relist it and it was going down to like $30-35 on Stubhub within the hour before the show began, so I will take my time and wait it out for this one.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:03:48 AM by Anguyen92 »

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #237 on: August 30, 2021, 08:13:41 PM »
All right, at Microsoft Theater for Lindsey Stirling.  First time here in this building.  It’s all right.  Not the last time I will be here this year.  Will be there for DT.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2021, 01:40:59 PM »
Went to two concerts over the weekend so some review time....

Lynyrd Skynyrd was last Friday.  Showed up without a ticket, I expected to land a cheap stubhub ticket but was surprised when day of show they all basically dissapeared or were over priced.  The tickets on livenation seemed to mostly get sold too.  Saw some cheap seats I would just buy at the box office for less fees, but found a scalper who sold me a great seat for $50 (originally $150 before fees).  Funny because it was the first time buying a scalped digital ticket.  The guy said he would scan for me at the security check point when we walked in together and then he would accept my payment, but I was not cool with that.  Made him transfer it to me on livenation, which he did after I walked him through how and boom I was in with a great view and significant discount.  I guess having nice weather made a lot of people want to come out last minute.  Place was PACKED.  Biggest show I had seen there in quite some time.

As for the show, they sounded great, but without Gary Rossington performing still, there was not a single original member on stage.  THe opener, Damon Johnson, played guitar for LS.  Pretty solid performance from him doing all the leads and getting a lot of spotlight even over the other guitarists who've been in the band for awhile.  Either way, they did a 13 song set which wasn't the longest I've seen from them, but it sounded good.  Everyone seemed to be having fun including myself. 

Lynyrd Skynyrd LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ 8/27/2021

Concert #2 was last night, same venue and same tour I saw last week in Camden which was 311, Iration, and Iya Terra.  Actually got there so early to take a pic of the empty venue:

For this one, I got a VIP seat on stubhub for $40 after fees.  Much better price than anything on the lawn, and the VIP seats are center venue with great views and more room.  My VIP section was basically empty too, so it was basically myself rocking out alone  :lol

Iya Terra really impressed me, I'm pissed now that I missed them in Camden because I enjoyed them a lot more than Iration.  They had a lot more rock in their reggae and just seemed musically interesting to me.  I may have to get an album, I'd love to see this band get bigger in the future.  Next up was Iration, good band.  Chill music.  Love the horns.  I really dig them, but not enough to get an album at this point, but enough to say I like them and will hopefully one day see them again. 

311 then put on one of the best shows I've seen from them in at least 4 years.  They've become a former shell of themselves, doing 16-17 song set lists heavy on the hits and not doing any deep cuts.  The camden show had a couple deep cuts but otherwise was very similar.  This show however, they added 2 songs and a bass solo, but also the non hit choices were almost ALL deep cuts.  Lots of rare songs that really took this show up to the next level.  I missed that feeling of really not knowing what the band was going to do next.  I feel so happy I was able to experience that set.  Hopefully that pattern continues for the rest of the tour as it just started so the rest of the US might be in for a treat for the old school 311 fans like myself.  One of the odd things I got enjoyment out of this concert, was due to it not selling the greatest (one lady working there said they expected 5k people in a 20k capacity venue) and getting there early was getting a free upgrade from the lawn (where I was just chilling, I had my VIP ticket) but I took advantage because I got an actual ticket stub! Oh how I missed getting actual ticket stubs.

311 Iration Iya Terra Live From the Ride 2021 @ PNC Holmdel NJ

I'm currently scheduled to be back in the same venue tomorrow for Alanis Morrissette and Garbage... but the remnants of Ida should be hitting us hard tomorrow night.  I don't know if the concert will happen or if it does, if I will go.  I bought a $20 flat lawn ticekt from that livenation sale and won't be covered.  Not looking to spend the $100+ to be under the roof (and I feel that price will go up as more people want to avoid the rain).  Oh well, can't win them all.  But we will see how I feel and how the weather truly is tomorrow night. 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2021, 05:31:53 PM »
Hmmmm, Stubhub has Metallica's 40th anniversary tickets in San Francisco for like $240.00 on average for the nosebleed seats.  They also have it where if you buy the bundle that has both shows, the nosebleed seats averages $165.00 ($330.00 total).  I do want to see a full Metallica set at least once in my life.  I was lucky enough to see them at the Chris Cornell tribute show in 2019 where they played two deep cut Soundgarden tracks, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and Master of Puppets.  If the two show bundle tickets goes down below $200 total (quite unlikely, but I got to set a standard to not get too crazy in spending) and the timing is right so that I can still get plane tickets and board to San Francisco, I may bite.

Who knows when they will come back to the LA area.  Last time they were there was at the Rose Bowl (with A7X supporting!) in 2017.  Probably would have been my best shot to knock at seeing three great bands since they also had Gojira on the bill.  I may not like the support the next time they are here in the Greater LA area.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2021, 05:51:04 PM »
Hmmmm, Stubhub has Metallica's 40th anniversary tickets in San Francisco for like $240.00 on average for the nosebleed seats.  They also have it where if you buy the bundle that has both shows, the nosebleed seats averages $165.00 ($330.00 total).  I do want to see a full Metallica set at least once in my life.  I was lucky enough to see them at the Chris Cornell tribute show in 2019 where they played two deep cut Soundgarden tracks, For Whom the Bell Tolls, and Master of Puppets.  If the two show bundle tickets goes down below $200 total (quite unlikely, but I got to set a standard to not get too crazy in spending) and the timing is right so that I can still get plane tickets and board to San Francisco, I may bite.

Who knows when they will come back to the LA area.  Last time they were there was at the Rose Bowl (with A7X supporting!) in 2017.  Probably would have been my best shot to knock at seeing three great bands since they also had Gojira on the bill.  I may not like the support the next time they are here in the Greater LA area.

You can always fly into Atlanta for November 6th to see them with nosebleeds at $70 before fees  :lol I only say that because I got a ticket for that show and will be flying in/out that weekend for the show.  I paid A LOT more though, got a decent (not great) seat and it includes food and drinks apparently.  It's up there with the most I've ever paid before for a single concert.  Has Cage the Elephant and Greta Van Fleet opening which also helped sell me on the idea. 

Having said that, I'm really not keen on the idea of traveling for a concert right now. Too many variables if a show even happens right now.  For example, Bonarooo just got cancelled and so many people had already arrived there just to find that out and now are kind of screwed of their travel expenses.  This was due to the hurricane making the field a complete mud mess that you can't even drive in to park.  Not even due to covid. Looks like my concert tomorrow night is very unlikely to happen with the weather update I just saw (100% thunderstorms all night tomorrow and high winds).  Also when Limp Bizkit was cancelled last minute a few weeks ago just made me feel like these concerts can be cancelled so suddenly. 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #241 on: August 31, 2021, 05:57:08 PM »
^^ Oh shoot.  Looking at their schedule on Stubhub, if I pay $350.00 to go to Aftershock in Sacramento, I could see them twice and see a buttload of other good bands like Volbeat. Seether, Skillet, Avatar, The Offspring, Gojira, Body Count, Mammoth WVH, and many others in a four day festival.  I don't really have the endurance to do that nowadays.  I'll keep looking for options.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #242 on: August 31, 2021, 06:13:17 PM »
speaking of.... Avatar made their way from Sweden to the US and start their tour this week.  I have a VIP ticket for them on Friday in NYC.  Really excited for that, I find it really interesting too that a Swedish band made it into the US for a full tour of the country.  Best of luck to them, I'm just glad I'm getting to see it at the start so it'll very likely happen. Also got Skillet, Offspring, and Mammoth WVH (again) this month.

Hey Anguyen, you're an LA guy.  If you are interested in Wolfie, I have a ticket for the sold out Whiskey A Go Go show in October that I can't make (show should have been two weeks ago but it got postponed).  I put it on stubhub for the absurd price of $195 but it's sold out and that price was cheaper than any other ticket listed.  If you want to go, hit me up in PM and I'll sell it for face value (I think $27).   I think that'll be better than any festival or GNR opening gig they are doing. If not, no problemo it'll sell and I'll make money (I'd rather go myself than profit tbh).

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #243 on: August 31, 2021, 06:27:23 PM »
Hmmmm.  I may consider seeing Mammoth WVH at the Whiskey.  Just give me about a week.  If you haven't heard anything from me before 09/07, just relist the ticket.

Haven't heard Wolfgang's stuff yet, but I'm sure it's something I like.  Plus his backup band composed of guys that's from either the Tremonti solo band or the Slash solo band, so I should be all over that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: August 31, 2021, 06:35:38 PM »
Hmmmm.  I may consider seeing Mammoth WVH at the Whiskey.  Just give me about a week.  If you haven't heard anything from me before 09/07, just relist the ticket.

Haven't heard Wolfgang's stuff yet, but I'm sure it's something I like.  Plus his backup band composed of guys that's from either the Tremonti solo band or the Slash solo band, so I should be all over that.

It's on stubhub already, if you want it and its not sold, it's yours for face value whenever you decide.  :tup The album is decent. It didn't blow me away, but wasn't bad by any means.  I actually like it a lot more after seeing him live.  The band is good. 3 guitars and they all sing backing vocals so it's got all the real live layers to produce a really good sound without backing tracks.  Here's the song Mammoth from the album (my favorite from the album) performed from Metlife almost 4 weeks ago now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKGK_613-g