Author Topic: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)  (Read 18354 times)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
Re: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2021, 05:05:43 PM »
Seeing BTBAM in Richmond on August 4th.

Was gonna see Deftones in DC in August of last year, which got rescheduled to August of this year, but the new date was the same day as my friend's wedding so I sold the ticket. Then they announced recently that they rescheduled it again to May of next year. Oh well.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2021, 01:11:07 PM »
I made some tidy work as well with those $20.00 ticket sales.  Nabbed a ticket to see Rise Against on a Saturday in August at FivePoint Amphitheater and Coheed & Cambria the following Friday at the same place.  Pretty pleased with the results and I always liked FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine.  It's somewhat close by and I don't have to deal with LA traffic.

I thought about grabbing a Coheed/Used ticket for $20 but with my local amphitheater, I'm pretty sure I can snag a better ticket for better value because this show won't come close to selling out and those lawn prices were only slightly better than normal and generally, I don't want to be on the lawn.

But anyway, August is next week and that's when so many tours start rolling through.  It's going to be a wild few months for me if all these actually happen.  I'm pretty sure all the outdoor ones will, we will see come fall how the indoor shows play out.  But next week this is on my schedule:

August 5th - Guns N’ Roses & Mammoth WVH @ Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford NJ
August 6th - Limp Bizkit & Spiritbox @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ

:metal :metal

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2021, 05:48:18 AM »
Going to see a band tonight down in Bridgeport called Blackberry Smoke. They're a pretty bitchin' southern rock band. This will be my first concert in some time and I can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCg5VOaNz1s

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2021, 11:37:14 AM »
Thank goodness, I get paid today.  Here is my list.  I will be busy at either in Irvine or in LA Live.  Fun times.

Rise Against - FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine, CA - August 21st, 2021
Coheed and Cambria & The Used - FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine, CA - August 27th, 2021
Lindsey Stirling - Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, CA - August 30th, 2021
Needtobreathe with Switchfoot at the Greek Theater in LA - September 16th, 2021.
Dream Theater - Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, CA - October 30th, 2021
Daughtry with Sevendust, Tremonti, and Travis Bracht - The Novo in Los Angeles, CA - December 6th, 2021

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2021, 10:58:45 AM »
This is from the concert I went to last night. It was only the second show ever played in the new venue. Really awesome place to see a show (REO Speedwagon and Styx were the night before).

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2021, 11:48:28 AM »
Had a busy week of ticket buying, my wallet is hurting  :lol  Just this week I got tickets for:
The Rolling Stones - 10/17 @ Sofi Stadium, LA
Dream Theater - 10/30 @ Microsoft Theater, LA
Metallica 40th Anniversary - 12/17 and 12/19 @ Chase Center, SF

So excited for all of these, will be my 5th Stones show, 12th DT show, and 5th/6th Metallica show  :metal
Also seeing BTBAM in LA in september and planning to go to one of Rudess' LA shows then too  :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2021, 02:48:54 PM »

Guns N Roses with Mammoth WVH last night at a packed Metlife stadium!  What an awesome experience that concert was.  Wolfie was very good live.  Axl, not so much  :lol It was really fun though so I don't care nor expect him to be any good these days.  Slash was fantastic, basically stole the show.  :metal

Guns N Roses with Mammoth WVH Live @ Metlife Stadium

and about to head back out to see Limp Bizket along the Jersey Shore.  Great weather today (and last night) for a concert outside.  This one is sold out though, ~5k people is going to be packed.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2021, 02:57:06 PM »
Awesome footage as always Marc, I think I saw this morning that MP was also at the same show.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2021, 02:58:10 PM »
Awesome footage as always Marc, I think I saw this morning that MP was also at the same show.

Looked like he was actually sitting really close to me from his pictures

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2021, 03:12:15 PM »
and about to head back out to see Limp Bizket along the Jersey Shore.  Great weather today (and last night) for a concert outside.  This one is sold out though, ~5k people is going to be packed.

... nvmd, they just postponed the show.  No word on why yet, but got to assume covid got someone.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2021, 03:18:58 PM »
^^ Either Covid got someone or Fred Durst had the common sense to postpone to get rid of his new hairstyle.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2021, 03:40:06 PM »
Rumor I see is the bassist got covid, figured someone got sick.  Sucks for all the people who were waiting to get in because they announced it right when doors were about to open.  I'm just glad I didn't get on the train yet.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2021, 01:17:09 PM »

Guns N Roses with Mammoth WVH last night at a packed Metlife stadium!  What an awesome experience that concert was.  Wolfie was very good live.  Axl, not so much  :lol It was really fun though so I don't care nor expect him to be any good these days.  Slash was fantastic, basically stole the show.  :metal

Guns N Roses with Mammoth WVH Live @ Metlife Stadium

Not to contradict you, since they were different shows a week or so apart, but my buddy saw G'n'R at Fenway and made a point to say that Axl was better than he expected, though he compared him to Roth on that Hagar/Roth tour, where by all accounts Dave was HORRIBLE, so maybe the bar wasn't that high.  :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2021, 08:59:28 AM »
My girl I went with asked me if I could understand anything Axl was singing, I could not.  You can click on my video and listen for yourself.  He's absolutely terrible.  But he is at least trying to sing the words.  DLR, from the last VH tour I say, most of the times wasn't even trying. But it seems those two are fighting for worst live vocals today  :lol

Either way, it really didn't impact me having fun.  I didn't go to see Axl sing perfectly.  I was more impressed by Slash and Wolfie though.  Those two brought A game. (and the rest of the band members were good too).

Funny, my youtube video for nightrain got taken down.  I wonder if it's because it was getting loaded with negative Axl comments.  He legit sounded terrible in that video, but the whole song is in my long video I linked if anyone wanted to still check it out before the negative nancys get it taken down  :lol

As of now, next concert is when I get back from LA, 311 and Iration  Saturday the 21st.  It's the first show of the tour so as long as they don't cancel before it starts, I think that one should happen, but there's been a significant amount of cancellations the last week to have me worried about some of these tours.  Especially because September brings back the indoor shows.  It seems one positive covid test for anyone on the tour and the whole thing will be shut down and that's just really difficult to do.  These tours can't happen in a bubble.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2021, 09:06:40 AM »
My girl I went with asked me if I could understand anything Axl was singing, I could not.  You can click on my video and listen for yourself.  He's absolutely terrible.  But he is at least trying to sing the words.  DLR, from the last VH tour I say, most of the times wasn't even trying. But it seems those two are fighting for worst live vocals today  :lol

Let's not leave out Vince Neil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8pHAN5fmg

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2021, 09:20:15 AM »

Let's not leave out Vince Neil https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8pHAN5fmg

:lol yeah, he's likely up there as well.  I just have had my pleasure of experiencing him in person pushed back till 2022.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2021, 01:46:49 PM »
As of now, next concert is when I get back from LA, 311 and Iration  Saturday the 21st. 

Check that.  I checked on stubhub for events in LA this week and might have found a concert to check out:

August 13th - Cypress Hill & Atmosphere @ Shrine LA Outdoors, Los Angeles CA

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2021, 01:54:58 PM »
^^ Either Covid got someone or Fred Durst had the common sense to postpone to get rid of his new hairstyle.

Never in a thousand years would I have guessed that is Fred Durst...
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2021, 02:28:30 PM »
Aint gonna lie, I was really looking forward to snapping some pics of his current look.  It's so ridiculous  :lol

It's interesting how they aren't making any comment about who got covid.  THey aren't the only band either who are cancelling shows and not saying why other than "health concerns".  I guess peoples health is meant to be private, but some more transparency would be nice.  Like at least say, someone got covid for example. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2021, 02:56:51 PM »
I was just watching the show from Lollapalooza and I noticed John Otto wasn't there, is he not touring with Limp Bizkit anymore?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2021, 07:05:09 AM »
Just saw that Testament is playing at Starland Ballroom in October. I might try to go, but will wait  and see until closer to the day of the show.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2021, 09:21:50 AM »
Just saw that Testament is playing at Starland Ballroom in October. I might try to go, but will wait  and see until closer to the day of the show.

I'm curious about Starland.  Mid sized GA indoor venue.  It opens back up soon, I plan on going to a few shows there (currently Testament is not on my list, but Starland is so close that I often will just show up if I can) but these are the types of shows I'm more worried about getting cancelled due to covid, than the big outdoor shows.  We will see.

Speaking of indoor concerts, I saw this got announced and I snagged a ticket quickly yesterday while I'm in LA...

August 18th - Mammoth WVH @ Whiskey A Go Go, Hollywood CA

I'm super excited to see a show at this historic venue, but it'll be my first indoor concert in awhile.  Proof of vaccination and wearing a mask will be required.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2021, 09:51:49 AM »

I'm curious about Starland.  Mid sized GA indoor venue.  It opens back up soon, I plan on going to a few shows there (currently Testament is not on my list, but Starland is so close that I often will just show up if I can) but these are the types of shows I'm more worried about getting cancelled due to covid, than the big outdoor shows.  We will see.

Speaking of indoor concerts, I saw this got announced and I snagged a ticket quickly yesterday while I'm in LA...

I'm super excited to see a show at this historic venue, but it'll be my first indoor concert in awhile.  Proof of vaccination and wearing a mask will be required.

Yeah, that's why I want to hold off until closer to the date.

I have not seen Mammoth, but I heard good things about their live shows, enjoy.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2021, 10:04:11 AM »
Yeah, I saw them last week opening for GNR.  They were very solid live.  I thought the album was OK, has a few good songs and nothing really bad about it, just didn't really stand out overall.  However, he's got a really tight live band that's not using backing tracks, so 3 guitars and most of the band adding backing vocals.  It sounds really good live.  I think it will be cool to see a Van Halen in a small venue in his hometown.  I feel pretty lucky this is the night before I come home.  The next night the GNR show is at the new stadium here in LA. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2021, 10:08:01 AM »
Huh.  The GNR is actually in the Banc of California Stadium (same soccer stadium that Iron Maiden was at in 2019).  I think they were billed to be in the new football stadium in Inglewood last year before the pandemic happened.  That's quite a downgrade.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: August 12, 2021, 10:58:07 AM »
Huh.  The GNR is actually in the Banc of California Stadium (same soccer stadium that Iron Maiden was at in 2019).  I think they were billed to be in the new football stadium in Inglewood last year before the pandemic happened.  That's quite a downgrade.

Isn't that still a new stadium?  I may be confusing things though. 

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2021, 11:39:50 AM »

Banc of California is pretty recent, but the brand new stadium in Inglewood is Sofi Stadium next to the Forum.  That's where I'll be seeing the rolling stones in october, excited to check the place out.  BoC does seem a step down for GnR considering the one time i saw them in LA in '16 they were at Dodger Stadium, but BoC was great for Iron Maiden so I'm sure it'll still be a good show  :metal

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2021, 12:17:29 PM »
First show in almost 2 years tonight!!!!  Bad Cop/Bad Cop at a tiny venue.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2021, 12:43:27 PM »

Banc of California is pretty recent, but the brand new stadium in Inglewood is Sofi Stadium next to the Forum.  That's where I'll be seeing the rolling stones in october, excited to check the place out.  BoC does seem a step down for GnR considering the one time i saw them in LA in '16 they were at Dodger Stadium, but BoC was great for Iron Maiden so I'm sure it'll still be a good show  :metal

Ah yes, I flew over the Sofi Stadium and then drove past Banc of California to get to work from LAX.  One is Rams and the other Chargers right?  I mean, that's still a stadium and I guess I'd need to check capacities to really see if it's a step down even compared to Dodger Stadium.  Back home, they played the biggest stadium in NJ (Metlife, where the Giants/Jets play).  You don't get any bigger than that locally.  Could just be a scheduling thing in LA.  Or you could be correct and they downsized thinking covid or general sales would be lower.  Either way, I'd still say that's a pretty big show, if I were here still I'd go again.  I had a lot of fun even if Axl is poor live.

First show in almost 2 years tonight!!!!  Bad Cop/Bad Cop at a tiny venue.

Have fun!  :metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2021, 01:40:09 PM »

Yeah, that's why I want to hold off until closer to the date.

I have not seen Mammoth, but I heard good things about their live shows, enjoy.

Funny enough, they just announced today that they will be requiring proof of vaccination.  It doesn't seem, at least from what I read, that a negative test is an option.  Vaccinated only.  It won't go into effect until October 1st (until then a negative test or proof of vaccination will be required), the only reason I think is so that gives people (and staff, as it's required for staff as well) time to get vaccinated if they have a ticket.  I've got no issue.  These indoor shows are going to be the most dangerous.  Especially since some are sold out. 2k GA in an open ballroom.  Yeah, let's be as safe as we can be so the shows can go on.  :metal

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2021, 03:53:29 PM »
Welp, the District 97 show that was tomorrow has now been pushed to 11/19. A member of the band came down with Covid.

Let's see if Primus happens next month or if it gets moved.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2021, 08:58:30 PM »
Well, first concert for me in over 1.5 years (since seeing Alter Bridge in Spokane, Washington) is this Saturday.  Going to see Rise Against at FivePoint Amphitheater.  Not too worried about the drive (it's like 10-15 miles south to Irvine from where I am at and it's not as busy as LA traffic).  Not worried about parking (it's free and easy to get in and get out).  Not worried about what to eat before getting there (the Irvine Spectrum nearby has lots of good restaurants).

I am a bit worried about how to show proof of vaccine.  I thought I could use this site, https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ , after googling "how to show proof of vaccine in California" .  But apparently, I needed to upload my vaccine card and ID and they will resolve that digital record on their end in 2-3 weeks.  That's not bueno for me.  So that goes back to what's the best way to show proof of vaccine without needing to bring my card they gave me?  Just show a screenshot of it?

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2021, 06:52:07 AM »
Well, first concert for me in over 1.5 years (since seeing Alter Bridge in Spokane, Washington) is this Saturday.  Going to see Rise Against at FivePoint Amphitheater.  Not too worried about the drive (it's like 10-15 miles south to Irvine from where I am at and it's not as busy as LA traffic).  Not worried about parking (it's free and easy to get in and get out).  Not worried about what to eat before getting there (the Irvine Spectrum nearby has lots of good restaurants).

I am a bit worried about how to show proof of vaccine.  I thought I could use this site, https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ , after googling "how to show proof of vaccine in California" .  But apparently, I needed to upload my vaccine card and ID and they will resolve that digital record on their end in 2-3 weeks.  That's not bueno for me.  So that goes back to what's the best way to show proof of vaccine without needing to bring my card they gave me?  Just show a screenshot of it?

Seeing Rise Against tonight and have to show proof of vaccine. I've taken a picture of the card (worked for a bar show) but I'm also going to bring a photocopy of the card as well since this is a much larger, ticketmaster BS event. Hopefully there wont be any issues. We're going to go down with lots of time just incase the lines to get in are a disaster.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2021, 10:51:17 AM »
The only show I had to show proof, I brought the card itself (in a sandwich ziplock bag).  Not really ideal since the cards are not very durable and I don't want to lose it.  I've heard of an app, but never looked into it.  I'm sure I will need to soon though.

^ got postponed since it seems covid has gotten into the Mammoth camp and they had to cancel some opening for GNR shows and extended it to move this concert to October, which I won't be in LA for.  Sucks, but not the first nor the last of seeing these postponements.

Next concert is this Saturday, I can't imagine a postponement as it's the first show of the tour:

August 21st - 311 and Iration @ BB&T Pavilion, Camden NJ

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2021, 01:51:29 PM »
Kind of interested in catching one of the Rick Wakeman dates. He's a witty guy, and an evening of piano and amusing anecdotes sounds pretty cool. He's up in NE around the same time as NMB, so I might well have to work something out for that.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson