Author Topic: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)  (Read 18369 times)

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
Re: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2021, 06:13:23 PM »
I have ridiculous amounts of money tied up since 2019:

Rammstein MetLife stadium, now 2022
RATM msg- i think September now
Deftones - pier 17, august
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2021, 05:33:21 AM »
I really, really want The Book of Mormon to return to the stage. Does that count as a concert?

Seems like it's back on November 5Th
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2021, 04:09:27 PM »
Megadeth - Aug 31
Rammstein Sept 26 :(
.. and because I am desparate for live shows...Foreigner Sept 26

Just added Styx in Sept.....and they changed the time of the Megadeth show. 5pm. On Tuesday.  :tdwn

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2021, 05:31:50 PM »
Deftones/Gojira tour got rescheduled until 2022.  They say due to covid concerns, I'm not entirely sure why.  Especially since it was an outdoor show.   ???

I also spent a lot of money today, it's up there as 1 of the three most expensive single day concert tickets I've ever bought.  But I think it will be worth it. 

November 6th - Metallica, Cage the Elephant, & Greta Van Fleet @ Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta GA

Tickets generally are not cheap for this, but I paid a little more for the club seats that include food and beverages plus is a fairly middle of the stadium type of view/seat in the aisle.  This is going to be a fun one!

Also my local amphitheater opens for concerts for the first time since 2019 next week and I think I'll go to the first concert there:

July 15th - Chicago @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2021, 09:06:23 AM »
Now here's a bill that I can personally dig.  This is a bit of an odd mixture.  Daughtry with Sevendust and Tremonti (Mark Tremonti's solo band) opening.  It's a bit odd given that Daughtry hasn't really pushed for a "heavy" sound in like a decade (although they are looking to really commit to going back to incorporating heavier elements, best case of them of that was in Leave this Town).  That stated, both Chris Daughtry and Mark Tremonti made in appearance in Sevendust's Chapter VII: Hope and Sorrow and Sevendust's Lajon Witherspoon did a cover of Hunger Strike with Daughtry recently, so the connection all makes sense.  I want all of that and I'm nabbing a ticket for that LA show.  It's in LA Live.  I know someone that can get me validated parking.

Daughtry with Sevendust, Tremonti, and Travis Bracht - The Novo in Los Angeles, CA - December 6th, 2021
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 09:12:17 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2021, 10:49:06 AM »
Mayer Hawthorne tour this fall incl Friday November 19 in Minneapolis.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2021, 08:27:47 AM »
Finally, a tour announced that I can absolutely attend.

Nov 28th - Intervals/Thank You Scientist @Cornerstone in Berkeley

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2021, 09:24:08 AM »
My local amphitheater reopened last Thursday for the first time since UB40/Shaggy closed it in September 2019.  It was awesome to be back there again.  Most people in NJ will say they hate the venue, and for lots of valid reasons, but it's got a special place in my heart so I was not only very happy to be back, but also pleased to see it got some nice and much needed upgrades to the vendor booths and bathrooms.  Also, always interesting to see the fresh green lawn for the first show and compare it to the end of the concert season when it's destroyed  :lol

Anyway, I saw Chicago doing their Greatest Hits tour.  I've never got into Chicago, only knew a few of the hits, but still just wanted to check them out.  Scored a 13th row ticket for half of face value minutes before stubhub shut down selling.  This is a nice benefit of living close by, I can take the risk of not buying a ticket until show time.  Rally awesome seat I had.  Only issue, it was SO HOT under the shed and down below.  Everyone was drenched in sweat and you could just see the band soaked as well.

The performance was great, really good musically.  Lots of interesting moments from a musical standpoint.  I loved the horns and there were lots of good guitar solos and the big drum solo and trade off with the percussions.  They did two sets, maybe abut 2.5 hours total.  The place was pretty packed too, although the lawn was mostly empty.  Crowd was seated for most of the show until the end. 

Chicago LIVE @ PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel NJ Greatest Hits 7/15/2021

Looking forward to more concerts here later this summer and into the fall!  :metal

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2021, 09:59:41 AM »
I've never been there, but have tickets to see Coheed at PNC on September 19th. I never heard anyone saying they hate the venue, but I also never heard anyone saying they love it  :lol

Glad you had a good experience (minus high temperature).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2021, 10:22:29 AM »
Seriously, though, is there a better way of spending a summer afternoon/evening than live music outside?  Not for me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2021, 10:25:39 AM »
Seriously, though, is there a better way of spending a summer afternoon/evening than live music outside?  Not for me.

Yeah, good music and weather with a drink and smoke.  I'm in heaven.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2021, 11:57:06 AM »
That looks like a nice shed. A little smaller than ours, but far better situation. But what's the fenced off area for? Some sort of VIP thing on the lawn?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2021, 12:05:57 PM »
That looks like a nice shed. A little smaller than ours, but far better situation. But what's the fenced off area for? Some sort of VIP thing on the lawn?

Yeah, they started this last concert season.  It's basically VIP lawn.  You pay a bit more than a lawn ticket and you get a chair, more space, and the better spot on the lawn.  They used to have the cabanas in the back that was similar, you pay more than a lawn ticket and get some more space, but they seem to be gone now.  (I never understood why anyone would buy those, they are so far back and who cares about the extra space if you can't see shit).  From what I was seeing on the last concert, the VIP lawn seats were the same price as seats in the last sections of the seating under the shed.  I guess having some more personal space might be better than those seats under the dome for the same price if you value that more than being closer.  I don't see myself ever buying those VIP lawn seats personally.

Also, the picture makes the venue look a bit small, but it's not.  It's about the same size as the amphitheater in Dallas or Hartford.  They all are pretty similar really.  I just think the lawn sucks for sound and views at my local one.  I only seen one show each in Dallas and Hartford, but I thought the lawn was better at both of them.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2021, 12:28:07 PM »
All right, a good sign that things are slowly getting back to normal is that I'm able to spot a concert on Groupon at a price I like.

Lindsey Stirling - Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, CA - August 30th, 2021

Nabbed a ticket for $35.00 when I could have paid $62.00 on AXS.  Seat is at Orchestra Left, Row CC.  Heck, that price is even cheaper than the worst seats in the venue if I bought it on AXS and if this viewpoint that I pulled from Stubhub is correct, it looks like it's a good view.  I say it's good value for $35.00.  I always like a Lindsey Stirling show and it's always better if I nab a good seat on Groupon.  Good music, good visuals, a little humor here and there, and some heartwarming stuff in the middle.  Always a good time.

All right, with Lindsey Stirling at Microsoft Theater, and Daughtry/Sevendust/Tremonti at the Novo.  Both in LA Live.  I just need another concert at Staples Center or a LA Kings home game and I can complete the trifecta at LA Live.

The excitement is coming back baby!!!!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2021, 12:34:14 PM »

Yeah, they started this last concert season.  It's basically VIP lawn.  You pay a bit more than a lawn ticket and you get a chair, more space, and the better spot on the lawn.  They used to have the cabanas in the back that was similar, you pay more than a lawn ticket and get some more space, but they seem to be gone now.  (I never understood why anyone would buy those, they are so far back and who cares about the extra space if you can't see shit).  From what I was seeing on the last concert, the VIP lawn seats were the same price as seats in the last sections of the seating under the shed.  I guess having some more personal space might be better than those seats under the dome for the same price if you value that more than being closer.  I don't see myself ever buying those VIP lawn seats personally.

Also, the picture makes the venue look a bit small, but it's not.  It's about the same size as the amphitheater in Dallas or Hartford.  They all are pretty similar really.  I just think the lawn sucks for sound and views at my local one.  I only seen one show each in Dallas and Hartford, but I thought the lawn was better at both of them.
Starplex seats 2500 more, with greater seating and lawn capacity. That's not huge in terms of real estate, but it definitely looks smaller.

Also, I just noticed why it looks otherwise different. The sides of your shed are open. That's a massive improvement over Starplex. That may also be why the sound is worse at yours. Down here, if you're in the first quarter or so of the lawn you get markedly better sound. It's more focused. More importantly, the concert season for Starplex is the Summer, and it's perfectly still under the roof. Absolutely sweltering. Y'alls is going to offer a breeze blowing through there which we could desperately use. Particularly since the sun shines directly under the shed all the way to dusk.

If only science could find a way to predict where the sun might be any given night. DAMN YOU, SKY!!!

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2021, 12:41:55 PM »
I can tell you from my experience on Thursday, there is no breeze blowing through and it's stupidly hot and humid in the seats.  Also at sunset, the sun is directly into the performers eyes  :lol

But really, it's not that different besides minor changes in the end.  With the new upgrades to the facilities though, I will say I think it's a bit nicer overall at PNC over Dos Equis and Xfinity (with that really old wooden stairway).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2021, 07:13:57 PM »
I can tell you from my experience on Thursday, there is no breeze blowing through and it's stupidly hot and humid in the seats.  Also at sunset, the sun is directly into the performers eyes  :lol

But really, it's not that different besides minor changes in the end.  With the new upgrades to the facilities though, I will say I think it's a bit nicer overall at PNC over Dos Equis and Xfinity (with that really old wooden stairway).

That staircase BLOWS.   

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2021, 09:13:16 AM »
Ooooo, I didn't think Live Nation was going to bring back $20.00 tickets so soon.  I kinda wish I didn't buy my ticket to Lindsey Stirling too quickly at $35.00, but whatever.  Plenty of shows I want to see for cheap if their LA shows or Irvine shows have it.  Coheed and Cambria, Rise Against, etc.  I wait to see what is offered on 07/28.

https://loudwire.com/live-nation-20-dollar-concert-tickets-2021/

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2021, 10:40:55 AM »
Ooooo, I didn't think Live Nation was going to bring back $20.00 tickets so soon.  I kinda wish I didn't buy my ticket to Lindsey Stirling too quickly at $35.00, but whatever.  Plenty of shows I want to see for cheap if their LA shows or Irvine shows have it.  Coheed and Cambria, Rise Against, etc.  I wait to see what is offered on 07/28.

https://loudwire.com/live-nation-20-dollar-concert-tickets-2021/

Kiss and Alice Cooper are on the list here in CT.  I'll probably be at both, now.

Even lawn seats, Kiss for $20 is like winning the lottery.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2021, 10:52:47 AM »
My hunch is that it'll be just like that 'settlement' where they gave away thousands of vouchers and tickets that nobody was able to get. Did anybody ever get a free ticket out of that? Once or twice I got a couple of bucks off a purchase, but the freebies were always conveniently unavailable. I suspect that with this some people will get tickets for $20, but the objective here is impulse buying. For the bigger bands, "well, there aren't any $20 tickets, but normal ones are only $35, so what the hell." Then they'll pay $60 after TT&L. You'll also have people going to shows they might otherwise have ignored because there actually are $20 tickets left.

I could be wrong, but my hunch is that this is fantastic marketing which, as is usually the case, won't benefit the consumer nearly as much as the seller.
E.F. Benson

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2021, 01:24:06 PM »
^^ Well, I'm a solid sucker for those then.  Last time, Live Nation offered $20.00 tickets in 2019, I nabbed a $20 GA seat to Papa Roach and $20.00 for a nosebleed seat to Zac Brown Band (those $20.00 seats for that one sold out in like 20 minutes when it was out) at FivePoint Amphitheater and I had a good time at both shows and got my money's worth, obviously.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2021, 11:28:27 AM »
And Bingo, bango, bongo, I got the ticket to see Daughtry with Sevendust and Tremonti opening.  Costted me $52.00 for a GA seat.  Pretty much the same price I saw Skillet with Sevendust and Pop Evil opening in 2019.  I like both Skillet and Daughtry on similar levels so that's a push.  However, instead of Pop Evil opening, I get to see Tremonti for the first time ever!!!!  That's a massive upgrade for me personally as a fan of Alter Bridge and Mark Tremonti.  I almost completed the bingo of seeing current bands Alter Bridge is associated with live.  I've seen AB, obviously.  Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators.  Myles solo.  Now I can see Tremonti and scratch that off the list.  All I'm really missing is Creed and I honestly don't care much for that band or have any value buying a face value ticket for those guys, so whatever.

The updated list now.

Lindsey Stirling - Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, CA - August 30th, 2021
Needtobreathe with Switchfoot at the Greek Theater in LA - September 16th, 2021.
Daughtry with Sevendust, Tremonti, and Travis Bracht - The Novo in Los Angeles, CA - December 6th, 2021

I'm really hoping that I can get a $20.00 ticket next week for the following: Rise Against, Coheed & Cambria, and Evanescence with Halestorm.  We'll see.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2021, 06:06:45 PM »
I kind of went crazy with concerts in the fall. It was not intentional, they all just kind of happened. But the big ones are:

Morsefest, Oct 8&9, Tennessee (My second Morsefest!)
Genesis, Dec 15&16, Boston (Final Shows??)
Metallica, Dec 17&19, San Fransisco (Fortieth Anniversary Shows!!!)

Along with a couple 311 shows in August and probably Lone Bellow in the fall as well...

I really hope DT doesn't tour until next year!!!
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2021, 11:52:46 AM »
-Nightwish (Human Nature)
-Blind Guardian (Somewhere Far Beyond, new album or just a best of? Originally was going to be a Somewhere Far Beyond warmup show)

Both shows were postponed, so I am not sure on the details yet. But The Netherlands is small and I have plenty of free days left, so location/date won't be an issue.

Considering Sonata Arctica acoustic tour.

I am sure 2022 will see me attending more.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2021, 01:56:59 PM »
If Ticketbastard is correct, add DT, Nov 1st at the Fox in Oakland.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2021, 01:59:50 PM »
I've been to a festival this past month, and going to see 5 concerts in the next couple of weeks or so, also planning on seeing concerts in September, October, and November this year,
so the CCP/USA variants better stay the eff away.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2021, 03:52:29 PM »

October 30th show will be at Microsoft Theater at LA Live.  Another show at LA live?  Sure, why not.  That would make it three shows to be for this year.  I still really need to do something at Staples Center to complete the trifecta of being at three venues in LA Live (Staples Center, Microsoft Theater, and The Novo).  Most likely, probably just go to a LA Kings home game.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2021, 09:13:08 AM »

Oh shit, they are bringing an opener (Arch Echo) with them.  That's kind of surprising.  Coming to NJ November 29th.  Tickets go on sale in 1 day, has there been a DT official announcement?  I may have missed it, I haven't been on the board for a few days.

My hunch is that it'll be just like that 'settlement' where they gave away thousands of vouchers and tickets that nobody was able to get. Did anybody ever get a free ticket out of that?

If I recall, I got 3 free tickets out of that including the more expensive Warped Tour ticket valued at $80. Also my friend just got a notice in the mail from live nation saying he never used his credit and it will expire soon.  He thought it was a scam, but it seems legit after googling it.

Here's what's coming up next week for myself:

August 5th - Guns N’ Roses & Mammoth WVH @ Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford NJ
August 6th - Limp Bizkit & Spiritbox @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ

although there is a concert this weekend that I may consider:

July 31st - Rise Against & Descendents @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2021, 09:27:03 AM »

If I recall, I got 3 free tickets out of that including the more expensive Warped Tour ticket valued at $80. Also my friend just got a notice in the mail from live nation saying he never used his credit and it will expire soon.  He thought it was a scam, but it seems legit after googling it.
Wow. Between my concert buddy and I we might have gotten $20 in discounts total. Definitely no free tickets. That said, I think you're more willing to check out a show just because it's free than I am. I was looking for shows that would interest me, and found none available. I'm sure there were probably shows that didn't interest me available.

So far I'm looking at a second King Crimson show in Austin, Rudess in San Diego, and probably DT in Dallas. Still knocking around Gojira and/or NMB somewhere around NY or MA come October.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 09:32:07 AM by El Barto »
E.F. Benson

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2021, 09:32:36 AM »

Oh shit, they are bringing an opener (Arch Echo) with them.  That's kind of surprising.  Coming to NJ November 29th.  Tickets go on sale in 1 day, has there been a DT official announcement?  I may have missed it, I haven't been on the board for a few days.

Announcement is supposed to come out tomorrow, but for some reason TM has all the days up before the official announcement and even started presale for certain dates. Also, DT Facebook page seems to have the dates on their event page (Don't have Facebook, but I heard others saying this).

I'm torn, Jersey show is on a Monday, and driving down there during rush hour would double my commute. The show in Brooklyn would be just as bad on Tuesday. I might go to CT that Sunday, not sure yet.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2021, 09:40:22 AM »

Announcement is supposed to come out tomorrow, but for some reason TM has all the days up before the official announcement and even started presale for certain dates. Also, DT Facebook page seems to have the dates on their event page (Don't have Facebook, but I heard others saying this).

I'm torn, Jersey show is on a Monday, and driving down there during rush hour would double my commute. The show in Brooklyn would be just as bad on Tuesday. I might go to CT that Sunday, not sure yet.

I drive from North Bergen (right outside NYC) to near Red Bank daily as my work commute.  Traffic isn't really that bad at all these days.  It may be worse come November assuming everyones back to working in the offices and children are in school, but typically it's not terrible.

Wow. Between my concert buddy and I we might have gotten $20 in discounts total. Definitely no free tickets. That said, I think you're more willing to check out a show just because it's free than I am.

While that may be true, none of the shows I went to were just because they were free.  They were all shows I wanted to go to regardless, I was just trying to maximize it by using it on the more expensive shows like Warped Tour.  I forget who else I used it on, I *think* one was Korn and Rob Zombie.  The Warped Tour is the only one that stands out because I feel like I actually legit got good value there.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2021, 09:43:09 AM »
While that may be true, none of the shows I went to were just because they were free.  They were all shows I wanted to go to regardless, I was just trying to maximize it by using it on the more expensive shows like Warped Tour.  I forget who else I used it on, I *think* one was Korn and Rob Zombie.  The Warped Tour is the only one that stands out because I feel like I actually legit got good value there.
Yeah, I'm sure that's true. I don't know about the Vans tour, that might have been one I'd have gone to, but it probably wasn't available down here. Free wasn't cheap enough for me to see Korn and Zombie, though.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2021, 09:50:37 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure that's true. I don't know about the Vans tour, that might have been one I'd have gone to, but it probably wasn't available down here. Free wasn't cheap enough for me to see Korn and Zombie, though.  :lol

Never been into Korn, but Rob Zombie is a great live show if even for John 5 alone.  Warped Tour that year had Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish.  It was over 100 degrees, I left after them and missed all the bigger bands who I don't even recall.  I didn't care, I saw who I wanted.  Also, being that Warped is more for teens, they had a 3 drink limit which was another reason to not bother staying any longer.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2021, 10:27:19 AM »
Those livenation $20 ticket sales are active now, scored one for Alanis Morrisette and Garbage.  Actually really good value on that one.  And since it's not like I love those bands (I was planning on going before the sale btw) I don't mind being on the lawn. 

I'm trying to get the $20 Maroon 5 tickets too but it keeps erroring out.  The website seems very unstable right now.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2021, 04:25:41 PM »
I made some tidy work as well with those $20.00 ticket sales.  Nabbed a ticket to see Rise Against on a Saturday in August at FivePoint Amphitheater and Coheed & Cambria the following Friday at the same place.  Pretty pleased with the results and I always liked FivePoint Amphitheater in Irvine.  It's somewhat close by and I don't have to deal with LA traffic.