Author Topic: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)  (Read 18364 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)
« on: May 07, 2021, 02:12:13 PM »
This may be a bit premature, but over here in the US concert announcements have been non stop this week.  And with social media posts like this from my local venue:

and with covid cases/deaths/hospitalizations all declining, it's starting to seem likely some if not all of these will happen.

So let's go back to sharing our concert experiences again!

Here's my list for now:

June 5th - Less Than Jake and Suicide Machines @ Atlantic City Beer Festival, Atlantic City NJ
July 13th - Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison & Joan Jett @ Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia PA
August 28th - Deftones, Gojira, & Poppy @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ
September 1st - Alanis Morissette & Garbage @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 14th - Aerosmith & Extreme @ Fenway Park, Boston MA
September 16th - Megadeth, Lamb of God, Trivium, In Flames @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 22nd - Dave Matthews Band @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 25th - Primus @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ
September 25th - Jane's Addiction, Offspring, Cheap Trick, Woflie Van Halen @ MMRBQ BB&T Pavilion, Camden NJ
November 24th - Jinjer & Suicide Silence @ Theatre of Living Arts, Philadelphia PA

also some big festivals around the US have been announced, here's some:

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: Your Concerts for 2021 (crosses fingers)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 02:14:06 PM »
I'm seeing Kiss in August

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 02:35:29 PM »
Some of those festival lineups are SOLID.

I saw Gov't Mule and Ann Wilson sunday.

I'm going to see Rod Stewart and Cheap Trick in August.
I want to see Genesis in September at MSG.
I want to see Primus at some point (Boston, NY, CT)

I REALLY want to see that Jane's Addiction, Offspring, Cheap Trick, Woflie Van Halen show.  Now THAT'S a fucking LINEUP. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 02:40:58 PM »
Yea Stads, I think that show officially knocked off me seeing Primus in Asbury Park as we talked about in the GD thread. I actually had a ticket to last year's MMRBQ which had a totally different line up, but I think they pulled together something pretty solid and interesting.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 03:09:09 PM »
Cram, you don't know how good it feels to see one of your lists of upcoming gigs again! Gives me hope and reminds me of the before times.

Particularly jealous of the Less Than Jake/Suicide Machines and Deftones/Gojira gigs.

I've seen Less Than Jake quite a few times but I've never seen The Suicide Machines and I frigging love that band.

As for Deftones and Gojira, I've gotten into Deftones massively over the last 6 months and Gojira have just released one of the albums of the year!

Jelly

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 03:21:24 PM »
I had a huge smile on my face making this thread.

Also, I only just realized SUicide Machines were playing with LTJ.  The show is advertised on ticketmaster as only LTJ, so I got really excited to see Suicide Machines also on the bill on the website.  I used to love them, seen them at a warped tour (can't remember which, but like 20 years ago).

I think it's really cool that the first real concert coming out of the pandemic is going to be the same band I saw for my first ever concert in 1998 (Less than Jake) and one of my all time favorite bands that I've seen many times since 1998.  I already have a hotel booked for it too, if I had to rate how excited I am for that show on scale from 1 to 10, it's a legit 11.  It's also a beer festival, outdoors in the afternoon.  Should be one hell of a time.

Also, yea, I'm pumped for Gojira.  The times I saw them were at a seated venue, but this one will be GA so I expect it to be wild and I'm loving Fortitude.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 03:24:00 PM »
I will be seeing Genesis in Columbus, OH in December.  I don't care that they're basically wheeling Phil Collins on stage at this point, they are #1 on my bucket list of bands to see live.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 03:42:13 PM »
I will be seeing Genesis in Columbus, OH in December.  I don't care that they're basically wheeling Phil Collins on stage at this point, they are #1 on my bucket list of bands to see live.
It's really sad to see the condition Phil's in these days.  If I hadn't already seen Genesis back on the Invisible Tour, I might be toiling with the idea of seeing them at MSG.  Thankfully, I don't have to do that.  I got to see Genesis on that Invisible Tour and Phil solo on his "First Final Farewell Tour".  I love his sense of humor!

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
We
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 04:17:11 PM »
Well, almost everything has been pushed to 2022 now, if not cancelled.

I do have Van der Graaf Generator to look forward to in October and I am considering getting a ticket for Martin Barre in December but so far, that is my 2021

Offline Volante99

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 04:30:09 PM »
Dokken is playing with George Lynch at the Whisky A GoGo. I know that band is getting long in the tooth (and nail) but damn, I’m seriously considering a trip to LA.

Likely the last time you’ll ever see that band together (well Don and George at least) in LA like the good ole days.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2021, 10:05:40 AM »
Aug. 13 - District 97 - Reggie's (attendance capped at 50 people)
Sept 21 - Primus - Chicago Theatre (got a refund on my initial tix and got better seats)

Hopeful:

Nov 7 - Jinjer - House Of Blues Chicago

Ticketbastard pulled some shenanigans with the Jinjer show. Tix were originally $25. Then all of a sudden they were $49. Discovered that they have their version of surge pricing where they are free to mark up tickets and then slap a 'Platinum' label on them based on demand. They're scalping their own tickets. My buddy and I were all set to go and then we noticed they doubled the price. I'm rethinking, not sure about him. I really want to go, but am pissed with the ticket overlords.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:24:09 AM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2021, 10:22:00 AM »
likely will be at The Monkees at least per the wife and I got tickets this week. The others are unclear depending on how my town's COVID numbers are around that time.

September
9-10 Cloud Cult at Orchestra Hall in Minneapolis

October
20 Josh Rouse at the Dakota Jazz Club in Minneapolis

November
6 The Monkees in Milwaukee."The Final Farewell Tour" Michael Nesmith and Micky Dolenz

March 2022
18 Godspeed You Black Emperor at First Ave

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2021, 10:28:36 AM »
I don't know if I want to go to shows this year.  We'll see.  I know Ticketmaster is going to do whatever they can to charge the roof to recoup from the losses of last year and I don't want to spend money on them.

I kinda want to see Primus at the Greek Theater in LA, but the worst seats total $50.00 including fees and I'm not invested in them too much (even with them playing A Farewell to Kings in full) that I want to spend that much for nosebleeds.

If FivePoint Amphitheater opens up and there are some cheap seats on Groupon, I'll consider it depending on the line-up. Until then, if Myles Kennedy does any solo shows this year in the Pacific time zone, I'll mostly likely make a trip of it and go to four shows like I did with Alter Bridge early last year.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:37:12 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2021, 02:51:04 PM »
I saw three gigs this year already, two of them being by a local Russian rock band (in January and April), and another one was a wonderful piano-only concert by Gleb Kolyadin (from iamthemorning, also saw that in April), which is way better than 2020 (no gigs at all). Hopefully I'll see Nightwish in September too.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2021, 07:44:30 PM »

March 2022

I’ll probably be at that exact same show with a coworker. Maybe I’ll see you around!

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 02:49:49 PM »
Well, I said it may take some time for me to get back into going to a show, but I change my mind rather quickly.

Needtobreathe with Switchfoot at the Greek Theater in LA - September 16th, 2021.

I love seeing a Switchfoot show.  The two shows I've seen them in 2019 were the best shows I ever watched.  Don't know how long they are playing in this show since Needtobreathe (never heard of them before) seems to be headlining, but a good night out in the Greek Theater is something I don't want to pass on.  Especially, when the tickets for the front row part of the far back section of the theater was like $46.00.

I may also be tempted to see this show as well if the timing is right. 

Evanescence with Halestorm at the Viejas Arena in San Diego, CA - November 13th, 2021.

The problem is though that tickets for the worst seats is $60.00 and San Diego is 1.5 hour away from where I am.  I'll think about it if ticket prices will get lower to my liking.  Probably not.  Also, Evanescence bored me when I saw them in 2018 (while Lindsey Stirling who was also on that tour was fantastic) while Halestorm was awesome in 2017 so it's a bit of a push.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 04:25:08 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 02:58:13 PM »
I may also check out the Evanescence / Halestorm show in NJ, but that's far off and I'm in no rush to buy those tickets.

I did just last night buy my first concert tickets for 2021, that June 5th Less Than Jake / Suicide Machines show.  Hotel is booked as well.  I went over to their facebook page and the promoter had some videos at the site explaining things.  He mentioned this will be the first big event in NJ since the state opens up fully for outdoor events later this month.  Really exciting.

The tour announcements just keep coming this week though.  I'm kind of expecting the 311 / Incubus tour from last year to get announced soon.  311 hinted two months ago on their live stream concert of having a fully booked tour and was just holding off announcing until things seemed more liekly that it would happen, and they just released an app yesterday that if you buy, you get first dibs on tickets AND they have another live stream show this Friday. I kind of expect news on Friday.  And if that tour happens, I will be there as I love both bands.

Also, Starland Ballroom (my local indoor midsize concert venue) announced their first show since their last (March 10th 2020 for Skillet) but it's not until January 2022.  I'm guessing the indoor concert venues probably need more time for things to settle down, but the venue did say there are more announcements coming and plenty more concerts are confirmed.  It's kind of exciting seeing all this news.  Sadly, my wallet is not quite as excited.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 03:10:40 PM »
It's going to be a shame, because I can see having to make some hard decisions about shows.  I want to celebrate all my favorite bands coming back around, but it's not going to be possible to see EVERY single one.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 03:17:18 PM »
Dokken is playing with George Lynch at the Whisky A GoGo. I know that band is getting long in the tooth (and nail) but damn, I’m seriously considering a trip to LA.

Likely the last time you’ll ever see that band together (well Don and George at least) in LA like the good ole days.

The drummer for Dokken - BJ Zampa - was/is the drummer in the Purple cover band I saw last Saturday.  He's good.  Nice guy, too, as I got to chat with him and the singer (who went to high school with my wife) for about 26 seconds.  He did a number of the song intros and was pretty humble; the singer introduced him as "from Dokken!" and he was like "shut up, I'm along for the ride" or something like that.  He knows the people are there to see Don and George.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 04:25:22 PM »

The wife and I are seeing Genesis in Charlotte, NC.  We saw Phil Collins in Atlanta a few years back and the concert was great.  I told my wife afterwards that the supporting cast around Phil was what made the concert great.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 08:15:32 PM »
likely will be at The Monkees at least per the wife and I got tickets this week.

November
6 The Monkees in Milwaukee."The Final Farewell Tour" Michael Nesmith and Micky Dolenz

and of course they added a show the day after, November 7th, in Minneapolis, lol. I told my wife not to buy the ticket insurance.  :-[ ::).

So we're going to likely attend both shows. If it turns out to be their final tour, I'm glad we'll be seeing multiple shows.

March 2022

I’ll probably be at that exact same show with a coworker. Maybe I’ll see you around!

Maybe I'll see you there. I tend to get there as early as I can to lineup to give myself the best chance at a Seat on the upper level (I can't stand for extensive hours like I used to when I was younger).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »
The Motley Crue / Def Leppard tour has been postponed to 2022  :(

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2021, 02:03:54 PM »
Nothing confirmed, but I am eyeballing the Lamb of God show just to scratch the itch. I desperately wanted to see Jinjer but they sold out hella quick here.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2021, 02:16:53 PM »
My wife and I will be at this show.  Can't say I'm too excited.  He's one of my wife's faves.  But, I find them to be quite boring.  And, his voice grates on my nerves more and more as the years pass.

I wish Overkill would announce rescheduled dates from the shows they cancelled in Feb 2020.  I was all set to see them in Montclair, NJ until everything got shut down the day before the show. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2021, 02:20:47 PM »
My wife and I will be at this show.  Can't say I'm too excited.  He's one of my wife's faves.  But, I find them to be quite boring.  And, his voice grates on my nerves more and more as the years pass.

I wish Overkill would announce rescheduled dates from the shows they cancelled in Feb 2020.  I was all set to see them in Montclair, NJ until everything got shut down the day before the show.

I've never gotten into DMB, but from everyone who's seen him that i know, they all say it's a great live experience.  I was going to go last year for the first time, and the new date is on my birthday so figured, why not?  PNC is in my backyard practically too.  I don't have a ticket and they are pretty expensive so it's possible I don't go, but I would like to check it out.   Maybe we'll run into each other.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2021, 02:33:17 PM »

I've never gotten into DMB, but from everyone who's seen him that i know, they all say it's a great live experience.  I was going to go last year for the first time, and the new date is on my birthday so figured, why not?  PNC is in my backyard practically too.  I don't have a ticket and they are pretty expensive so it's possible I don't go, but I would like to check it out.   Maybe we'll run into each other.

Yeah, I'm not much of a jam band fan.  And, while they're not exactly in the same ballpark as Phish, they can certainly go off for a while.  They've just never been my cup of tea.  To me, they're more of a background or take a nap kind of music.

Maybe we will see each other.  I'll definitely be there.

Offline Volante99

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2021, 04:29:13 AM »

So I can’t stand DMB. Feel like they are one of the most cookie cutter, white bread bands of all time and I’m the type of asshole who used to make fun of people who liked that band. But I got free tickets on a work trip a few years back and let me tell you what...it was a lot of fun! Could have had something to do with the fact that it was held at an outdoor amphitheater in Chula Vista with the mountains and Tijuana city lights in the distance (or the fact that it was free), but I enjoyed myself.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2021, 07:38:46 AM »

So I can’t stand DMB. Feel like they are one of the most cookie cutter, white bread bands of all time and I’m the type of asshole who used to make fun of people who liked that band. But I got free tickets on a work trip a few years back and let me tell you what...it was a lot of fun! Could have had something to do with the fact that it was held at an outdoor amphitheater in Chula Vista with the mountains and Tijuana city lights in the distance (or the fact that it was free), but I enjoyed myself.

Yeah, I could think of a lot of worse ways to spend my time than with my wife at an outdoor concert in early fall.  But, it would definitely be cooler if we were seeing a band like King's X or Metallica.   ;D

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2021, 09:41:14 AM »
311 announced a summer tour on their live stream last night!

2 dates (both on the weekend) in NJ so I might be adding those to my list.  One of them seems to be a festival though so I'm curious what the deal is.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2021, 10:28:10 AM »
Jordan Rudess played in Annapolis last Wednesday.  I found out three days ahead of time, and contacted my DT preshow cohost about seeing him.  He couldn't go on late notice, and I was not willing to pay for two tickets on my own table (their rules).

Frick!

https://www.facebook.com/ramsheadonstage/videos/1110935392708878

I did go to downtown Towson for a 'Feet on the Street' event.  A neighbor is their LV 75% of the time, and she's pretty darn good.  Your standard 'oldies' but with an eclectic mix.  My first live performance since DT October of 2019.  It just felt so damn good, and safe.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2021, 04:30:16 PM »
9/22/21 Alan Parsons Project performing Turn of a Friendly Card

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2021, 09:20:10 PM »

I can't speak to how they are now with having lost two of the original members, but I saw DMB five times from 2000-2004 and four of the five shows were nothing short of awesome (and the one that wasn't was only cause we had bad seats).  If nothing else, it is refreshing to go see a band and know that every single thing you are hearing, they are playing live on stage at that moment.  No pre-recorded backing tracks, no triggers, nothing fancy.  Just a band playing their music live, as it should be.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2021, 10:18:54 PM »

I can't speak to how they are now with having lost two of the original members, but I saw DMB five times from 2000-2004 and four of the five shows were nothing short of awesome (and the one that wasn't was only cause we had bad seats).  If nothing else, it is refreshing to go see a band and know that every single thing you are hearing, they are playing live on stage at that moment.  No pre-recorded backing tracks, no triggers, nothing fancy.  Just a band playing their music live, as it should be.

And I respect this for a live show, as I've often bitched about from other bands.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2021, 09:51:02 AM »
soooo many more tours keep getting announced, I just bought pit tickets for Dirty Heads and Sublime with Rome (a pairing that often tours together, and I like this pairing a lot).

Latest Calender (and I'm less than 3 weeks away from the first real concert in a long time)

June 5th - Less Than Jake and Suicide Machines @ Atlantic City Beer Festival, Atlantic City NJ
August 21st - 311 and Iration @ BB&T Pavilion, Camden NJ
August 28th - Deftones, Gojira, & Poppy @ Stone Pony Summer Stage, Asbury Park NJ
August 29th - 311 and Iration @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 1st - Alanis Morissette & Garbage @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 14th - Aerosmith & Extreme @ Fenway Park, Boston MA
September 16th - Megadeth, Lamb of God, Trivium, In Flames @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
Septermber 24th - Dirty Heads and Sublime with Rome @ Coney Island Amphitheater, New York City, NY
September 25th - Jane’s Addiction, Offspring, Cheap Trick, Dirty Honey, WVH @ BB&T Pavilion, Camden NJ
November 24th - Jinjer & Suicide Silence @ Theatre of Living Arts, Philadelphia PA

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2021, 12:02:00 PM »
As of right now, not much. I may go see Primus play AFtK, and I've got tickets to see Rammstein in CDMX. I don't see them postponing again. I'll certainly be doing my best to catch Gojira and Haken somewhere, but my travel for the year is more coaster oriented. I may be able to factor Gojira into that; might not. No idea about Haken. Also, my hunch is that Haken and SymX will be doing another of those co-headlining deals where they each play 70 minutes or something. Won't be traveling for that. A makeup show in StL, on the other hand. . .
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson