Author Topic: Name Something  (Read 8006 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Name Something
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2021, 01:42:05 PM »
Chunky "bars"?  I don't know what varieties exist, but all I remember is that a Chunky is basically a Duplo block of solid chocolate, and I'm not a fan of solid chocolate. 

Yes, that's exactly what they are.  With raisins and peanuts.  SO good!  I haven't had one in ages. 

I think there was a time when they experimented with a few other varieties as well, but I don't remember for sure. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2021, 02:18:55 PM »
Haken
We are not a match.

It took this post for you to figure that out!?!?   :rollin
:lol

Although actually based on your more recent roulette performance, we are more of a match now. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2021, 02:22:56 PM »
I'm afraid I have to agree on Haken. 

That voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Also: Lines.  I fucking hate lines and will not wait in one for anything (except the Covid-19 vaccine, I made an exception for that).

Offline faizoff

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2021, 02:33:40 PM »
Also: Lines.  I fucking hate lines and will not wait in one for anything (except the Covid-19 vaccine, I made an exception for that).

I take it you won't be visiting DisneyWorld anytime soon. Or any other park. or what about the DMV?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2021, 02:35:44 PM »

I take it you won't be visiting DisneyWorld anytime soon. Or any other park. or what about the DMV?

I can't fucking stand Disney and Florida is a wart on the asshole of society.  As for the DMV, in MA there haven't been lines at the DMV in about 5 years now.

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »

See, this is why the British let you lot leave in the end.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2021, 02:42:34 PM »
 :rollin

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2021, 02:46:14 PM »

See, this is why the British let you lot leave in the end.

Hey wait!  British soldiers marched in a line. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2021, 05:36:31 PM »
American football. It's a mediocre rugby match stretched out over 3 hours.

Compared to Rugby, it's like flag football.

You want real men, watch Rugby. Not this soft, NFL, crap.  :biggrin:

Wow! As someone who sacrificed his body playing American football through college there is nothing further from the truth. In fact, in the early 20th century American football was nearly permanently banned in the US, because players were dying and left maimed and crippled..Universities were encouraged to ban football and play rugby instead, and many did.

Most people fail to realize that when players wear pads and helmets the violence and collisions are much greater and more intense. So, it's anything but soft. Trust me...

But to each their own. It's frustrating though when people who have never played American football make generalized assumptions.

For me, I cannot stand tomatoes. It gets worse the older I get. When I was a kid, we'd eat tomatoes off of the vine. They were delicious. Most tomato varieties now are designed to allow the fruit to stay off the vine for longer periods of time without going rotten. But what efficiencies the farmer's and grocers got by doing this they exchanged and sacrificed flavor and quality.

Also, Guns n Roses. I have never been a fan. I have tried. They are a glorified garage band at best in my opinion.

Toss in Kid Rock too..I think he's a talentless hack who got lucky, AND who obviously has compromising photos of some record executive somewhere.

Also, ANY entertainment television show..I do not care what outfit Cardi B took off in some strip club..What color Billie Eilish dyes her hair, or the name of Meryl Streeps dog. I know a number of celebrities. They aren't as exciting as most people make them out to be. I can't stand hearing about things that have no bearing on anything really. I have never understood the obsession. Appreciate the art, talent, athletic ability or whatever. The idolization, especially in the US, is disturbing to me..
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 05:46:47 PM by TempusVox »
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2021, 06:01:41 PM »
American football. It's a mediocre rugby match stretched out over 3 hours.

Compared to Rugby, it's like flag football.

You want real men, watch Rugby. Not this soft, NFL, crap.  :biggrin:

Wow! As someone who sacrificed his body playing American football through college there is nothing further from the truth. In fact, in the early 20th century American football was nearly permanently banned in the US, because players were dying and left maimed and crippled..Universities were encouraged to ban football and play rugby instead, and many did.

Most people fail to realize that when players wear pads and helmets the violence and collisions are much greater and more intense. So, it's anything but soft. Trust me...

But to each their own. It's frustrating though when people who have never played American football make generalized assumptions.

For me, I cannot stand tomatoes. It gets worse the older I get. When I was a kid, we'd eat tomatoes off of the vine. They were delicious. Most tomato varieties now are designed to allow the fruit to stay off the vine for longer periods of time without going rotten. But what efficiencies the farmer's and grocers got by doing this they exchanged and sacrificed flavor and quality.

Also, Guns n Roses. I have never been a fan. I have tried. They are a glorified garage band at best in my opinion.

Toss in Kid Rock too..I think he's a talentless hack who got lucky, AND who obviously has compromising photos of some record executive somewhere.

Also, ANY entertainment television show..I do not care what outfit Cardi B took off in some strip club..What color Billie Eilish dyes her hair, or the name of Meryl Streeps dog. I know a number of celebrities. They aren't as exciting as most people make them out to be. I can't stand hearing about things that have no bearing on anything really. I have never understood the obsession. Appreciate the art, talent, athletic ability or whatever. The idolization, especially in the US, is disturbing to me..

That was a joke...I use the  :biggrin: when I'm joking. I have to remember to use the green text next time.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2021, 06:32:15 PM »
Since someone brought up fruit... fruit in salad. If you aren't a vegetable (and even then I am picky), dressing, or bacon bits, get out of my salad bowl.

And regarding chocolate, I dislike dark chocolate, but would have that injected directly in to my bloodstream over eating white chocolate.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2021, 06:22:03 AM »
Since someone brought up fruit... fruit in salad. If you aren't a vegetable (and even then I am picky), dressing, or bacon bits, get out of my salad bowl.
What about tomato?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2021, 06:41:46 AM »
Chunky "bars"?  I don't know what varieties exist, but all I remember is that a Chunky is basically a Duplo block of solid chocolate, and I'm not a fan of solid chocolate. 

Yes, that's exactly what they are.  With raisins and peanuts.  SO good!  I haven't had one in ages. 

I think there was a time when they experimented with a few other varieties as well, but I don't remember for sure.
They did.  There were versions that had only various nuts with no raisins, one that was solid chocolate, one that was like the regular version but dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, and maybe one or two others.

I think they only do the one variety now.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2021, 06:59:54 AM »
Iced coffee.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2021, 08:15:02 AM »

I almost wrote that myself.  Maybe they are or aren't exciting, but for me, it's the casualness.  Most of those shows are hosted by what I consider to be parasites and hanger's on, and the way they present these celebrities as "friends" and imply that we do (and should) know them at that level is frankly kind of nauseating.   I know for me, if we were REALLY friends, we wouldn't give a rat's ass about most of the things being discussed. 

Offline coz

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2021, 08:35:21 AM »
Personal pickup trucks, especially the monster variety.
Almost always are they not towing or hauling anything but the jerk behind the wheel to the Cracker Barrel.  Like Jim Gaffigan says: "No one with pickup trucks is picking anything up!  It's like walking around with a big empty suitcase."  That's what I tell 'em.  Real nice empty suitcase you got there.  They are super manly though with their SIX BLUE XENON HID BULB HEADLAMPS pointed straight into the peasants in the economy cars' retinas.
 :loser:
~Carlos
We made a land where crap is king and the good don't last too long.
https://www.last.fm/user/coz2112

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2021, 08:38:50 AM »
Almost always are they not towing or hauling anything but the jerk behind the wheel to the Cracker Barrel.  Like Jim Gaffigan says: "No one with pickup trucks is picking anything up!  It's like walking around with a big empty suitcase."  That's what I tell 'em.  Real nice empty suitcase you got there.  They are super manly though with their SIX BLUE XENON HID BULB HEADLAMPS pointed straight into the peasants in the economy cars' retinas.

Come to New Mexico, and you'll some very interesting things being hauled in pickup trucks. And also the ways in which they hold the haul together.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2021, 08:46:54 AM »

I went back and forth with the idea of getting a pickup truck with a crew cab. To be honest, I just really wanted the space, both inside and out. I wanted something that I could just throw a grill in, or a bunch of RC trucks, or golf bags, or gardening shit every spring, or a chair, or camping stuff. I'm not a contractor, but there are probably 30+ instances a year when I'm doing something with my SUV and say to myself "man, I wish this was a pick up". Ideally I'd have an SUV and a beater Tacoma on the side, but I'm not going to insure a second vehicle that I really only need a handful of times a year.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 09:00:23 AM by Chino »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2021, 09:07:56 AM »

I went back and forth with the idea of getting a pickup truck with a crew cab. To be honest, I just really wanted the space, both inside and out. I wanted something that I could just throw a grill in, or a bunch of RC trucks, or golf bags, or gardening shit every spring, or a chair, or camping stuff. I'm not a contractor, but there are probably 30+ instances a year when I'm doing something with my SUV and say to myself "man, I wish this was a pick up". Ideally I'd have an SUV and a beater Tacoma on the side, but I'm not going to insure a second vehicle that I really only need a handful of times a year.

I think this description fits a LOT of people, myself included.  The suitcase analogy is kinda dumb, honestly, since a pickup truck performs multiple functions.  You don't NEED to be utilizing every function every time you take it out of the driveway. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2021, 09:08:50 AM »

I drove 4 cylinder cars all my life.  For 36 years that all I drive.  I finally got a 6 cylinder truck.  A GMC Canyon.  I got the kid to tow in case.  I'll never go back to small cars.  It's roomier in my old age.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2021, 09:13:37 AM »

I have a pickup as a second car.   A while ago (when the kids got to be in middle school) I realized that we needed three cars, in case one is in the shop, one is used by one of the kids, etc.   So I bought a (cheap) Dodge full size pickup. 

My car insurance is based (in part) on miles driven, and oddly, my pickup is frequently NOT the least driven car in my "fleet".  I use it a fair amount, going to the dump, building my deck, moving things for my in-laws...  I also have a trailer for my riding mower/snow blower, and that's what I use to pull it.  It's paid for, and I have the bare minimum in insurance and it's been a life-saver.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2021, 09:25:26 AM »
Iced coffee.

ftfm

Never had any...ever.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2021, 10:19:22 AM »
Iced coffee.

ftfm

Never had any...ever.

So how do you know you don’t like it then?

I’ll agree on the iced coffee. That stuff is disgusting.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2021, 10:23:27 AM »
I only drink Iced coffee when I'm really parched and never in the morning.  I have to have hot coffee in the mornings.

I also like flavored ice coffees but not in my hot coffee. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2021, 11:20:50 AM »
Iced coffee.

ftfm

Never had any...ever.

So how do you know you don’t like it then?

I actually thought about that when I posted (reminds me of a line from George Carlin's "Fussy Eater" bit:  "HOW do you know you don't like it IF you've never even tried it?"  "IT CAME TO ME IN A DREAM!").  I've tasted coffee flavored things, and nothing about those or the smell of coffee leads me to believe I'd like it.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2021, 11:37:44 AM »
I don't think the "coffee flavored" is a good indicator, because a lot of those kinds of things either have little to do with actual coffee flavor, or have other flavors that modify it significantly.  On the other hand, if you don't like the smell of actual coffee, that probably is a good indicator. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2021, 12:28:34 PM »
To Bosk's point, I drink anywhere from one to three cups of coffee a day, and that will often include a cup of decaf after dinner with a sweet.   

Having said that, I strongly dislike ANYTHING coffee flavored:  I don't like coffee flavored ice cream, I don't like iced coffee, and I don't like the sort of "flavored" drinks at Starbucks and Dunkin.   

I do take my coffee with milk no sugar; the milk takes any edge that might be there and files it right down. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2021, 12:29:55 PM »
I don't think the "coffee flavored" is a good indicator, because a lot of those kinds of things either have little to do with actual coffee flavor, or have other flavors that modify it significantly.  On the other hand, if you don't like the smell of actual coffee, that probably is a good indicator.

That's like having something that's "banana flavored". If that's all I had to go on, I'd never eat bananas, which I love.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2021, 01:41:30 PM »
Coleslaw... elementary school lunch ruined me forever on that shit.

Tim,

My maternal grandfather would peal and eat white onions raw, and wash it down with a cup of buttermilk. He lived to be 99.  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2021, 01:51:13 PM »

Tim,

My maternal grandfather would peal and eat white onions raw, and wash it down with a cup of buttermilk. He lived to be 99.  :lol

Gregg, you grandfather should have had batter as well.  Just short of an onion ring. :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2021, 01:57:40 PM »
My maternal grandmother would do similar things.  Also, peanut butter and onion sandwiches.

She would also eat a turnip like an apple.

She was pretty fucking hardcore.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2021, 01:58:45 PM »

Where's the barf emoji?

I worked at Carl's Jr. for about 4-5 months when I was 17.  We had a salad bar, and one thing in the salad bar was cole slaw.  We "made" it by dumping a big bag of vegetables in a bin and then dumping a jug of dressing on top and mixing it together (by hand if memory serves me correctly).  Worst smell I can recall.  Could never understand how anyone could eat it.

On the coffee thing, after a while, I figured it wasn't worth trying because I didn't really need another food-related vice.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2021, 02:00:07 PM »

Tim,

Down here slices of tomatoes and onions are still considered a side a some places.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2021, 02:01:22 PM »
She was pretty fucking hardcore.

My maternal grandmother was pretty hardcore too! She could rip an apple in half with her bare hands. I don't know if that's why grandpa ate raw onions, but it probably had something to do with it.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2021, 02:01:55 PM »
Good coleslaw is bad ass. Good coffee is bad ass. Onions, insofar as vegetables go, are bad ass. Tomatoes suck, but I've grown to at least tolerate them in certain circumstances.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson