Author Topic: Name Something  (Read 8061 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Name Something
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2021, 07:49:31 AM »
Dark chocolate.  Give me milk chocolate anytime.  Dark is awful.

I'm definitely a dark chocolate person. I find a regular Hershey's milk chocolate bar practically inedible.

Dark Chocolate comes in degrees of bitterness, I get that, but whatever mix the Lindt dark chocolate has, that's the best.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2021, 08:06:08 AM »
Lindt is high end chocolate compared to Hershey's.  Their milk chocolate is amazing as well.

Wax beans.  My Dad was a kid of the 50's. Everything was in cans.  I despise canned vegies.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2021, 08:08:12 AM »
I'd rather eat no chocolate than dark chocolate.

Online faizoff

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2021, 08:12:04 AM »
Dark chocolate is fucking amazing, you all are missing out. Healthy too. Lindt and Sees make some good stuff.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2021, 08:15:58 AM »
Dark chocolate is fucking amazing, you all are missing out. Healthy too. Lindt and Sees make some good stuff.

Lindt makes the best milk chocolate. I always grab one of their sticks at the grocery store checkout

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2021, 08:16:25 AM »
The sea salt dark chocolate is excellent.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2021, 08:25:50 AM »
Dark Chocolate with almonds are amazing! I used to hate Dark Chocolate, but the more I tried it the more it grew on me.

To the OP, I will get hate for this but:

Rare to medium-well stake. I want my meat to be cooked, and taste like it's cooked. If I see pink, I am not eating that. (i'll let myself out now  :| :\).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2021, 08:27:14 AM »
Can't think of anything off the top of my head.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2021, 08:54:00 AM »
Dark Chocolate with almonds are amazing! I used to hate Dark Chocolate, but the more I tried it the more it grew on me.

To the OP, I will get hate for this but:

Rare to medium-well stake. I want my meat to be cooked, and taste like it's cooked. If I see pink, I am not eating that. (i'll let myself out now  :| :\).

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2021, 09:18:07 AM »
American football. It's a mediocre rugby match stretched out over 3 hours.

Compared to Rugby, it's like flag football.

You want real men, watch Rugby. Not this soft, NFL, crap.  :biggrin:
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online pg1067

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2021, 09:29:19 AM »
I'm not sure "a lot of people" like it, but I'll go with $200 bottles of bourbon.

IPAs

Pretty much anything labelled as "artisan" or which has been "curated."

On the onion issue, I think they smell great (especially when they're being grilled), and I love me a good onion ring (along as it's not too think).  But the worst thing in the world is when you're eating something and you get a random sliver or piece of diced onion that you aren't expecting.

Soccer
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2021, 09:34:04 AM »
So...the guy who thinks onions are toxic just happens to have a couple lying around the house to pose with in a selfie?  :biggrin:

You secretly have a homemade cart corral in your garage too, don't you TAC?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2021, 09:50:49 AM »
Food trucks and so-called street food. Nothing more than excuses to jack the prices up when the whole point should be to lower them. Newsflash: Laotians aren't paying their equivalent of 8 bucks for six dumplings on a skewer.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2021, 10:06:27 AM »
Snakes - if there is anything that can make me curl up in the fetal position it's snakes......

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2021, 10:08:29 AM »
So...the guy who thinks onions are toxic just happens to have a couple lying around the house to pose with in a selfie?  :biggrin:

Hah!
The onions are my wife's. She loves them. And speaking of carriage corrals, we went to BJ's last week. After loading the stuff into the car, I gently placed the carriage into an end stop nudged against the curb. She was like, don't leave that there. It might hit someone's car. So she grabs the carriage and walks way the hell over to the corral. And on the way, she grabbed another. WTF? :lol

I asked he if I could come back when her shift was over.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online pg1067

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2021, 10:09:00 AM »

:lol :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2021, 10:14:30 AM »
Tim were you sent to your room when you got home? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2021, 10:27:25 AM »
I was sent to the corral in the garage.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2021, 11:03:34 AM »
Tim, you should seriously consider building a custom recliner that is encaged in a mini cart corral.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2021, 11:27:57 AM »
Avocado.  Just the thought of eating this disgusting slimy, mushy crap makes me want to vomit.

My wife literally puts a half an avacado in with her lunch every day.

If we're talking food, it's onions. How can anyone eat these?

I'm all over onions.  Put those fuckers in almost everything!

You and me.   It's a joke in my family that I should be called "Cebby", short for "cebula", polish for "onion".  I don't eat them like apples or anything, and I'm not a huge fan if they are raw, but if I'm cooking, I'll usually start with a saute of diced onions.  I put onions in my ground beef, on my sandwiches, in tuna fish, in my guac.  I'll saute onions in sherry or madiera and butter to eat with my steaks...

What I don't like:   Diet soda in any form.  Or sweet tea.

EDIT:  Cauliflower.  IT IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR POTATOES OR PIZZA CRUST!    :) :) :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:36:11 AM by Stadler »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2021, 11:31:01 AM »

Lindt makes the best milk chocolate. I always grab one of their sticks at the grocery store checkout

Those little balls they sell with the flavors inside are the bomb diddly.   

Another thing (dessert-wise):   Custard.  Also, most tira misu.   

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2021, 11:34:18 AM »
Haken

Yeah, I'm totally on board with this one.

Me too; don't get it.  Add Red Hot Chili Peppers (except Mother's Milk), Tom Petty and Radiohead to this list (I can tolerate Tom Petty, I even have a bunch of his disks; but I liked him way better when he was a regional opening act; "Full Moon Fever" absolutely BLOWS.)

Offline Snow Dog

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2021, 12:00:43 PM »
Avocado.  Just the thought of eating this disgusting slimy, mushy crap makes me want to vomit.

Absolute first thing I thought of. Can’t stand it in any form. People always act shocked when I say I can’t stand avocado or guacamole. I can’t stand onions either, but can at least tolerate them if they’re cooked and chopped small, or in powder form.

Other things:
Nuts
The Rolling Stones
Basketball, especially NBA
Most 90s “alternative” music
Large social gatherings

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2021, 12:05:19 PM »
Butter.

I have no use for butter.

Same goes for eggs.  Hard pass on eggs

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2021, 12:06:10 PM »
I find myself getting irrationally angry in this thread  :lol :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2021, 12:14:07 PM »
Smoke on the Water.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2021, 12:21:23 PM »
The Pina Colada Song - Rupert Holmes
Never Been Any Reason - Head East

Offline Harmony

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2021, 12:29:59 PM »
Snakes - if there is anything that can make me curl up in the fetal position it's snakes......

I'm this way about spiders.  I was about to say we are only to post things that others enjoy but we do not and then I remembered there is a whole subset of people who enjoy pet snakes and spiders.  And yeah - AGREE.

I wanted to post that I hate hold music that gets interrupted every few seconds by some annoying voice telling me how important I am to the company I am calling.  But again, does anyone like that?  I think not. 

The onion thing has me LOL.  I had a family member who absolutely hated onions and garlic and spices of any kind.  I'm like, WTF does he even eat?   :lol
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2021, 01:05:24 PM »
I find myself getting irrationally angry in this thread  :lol :lol

:lol  Me too.

Smoke on the Water.

That was me for literally decades.  Then my bandmates wanted to play it.  I didn't put up too much of a fuss, and went ahead and learned it.  Doing so really made me look at the song in a whole new light and appreciate it.  It is a BLAST to play/sing.  I'm not arguing that anyone who doesn't like it should do so in order to learn to appreciate it.  As I have said in other threads, people are and should be free to like or dislike whatever music they choose, and I don't really get the sentiment of trying to make somebody do something to like a song they don't like.  I'm just saying that that is what happened with me.

Online pg1067

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2021, 01:08:06 PM »
I got another one:

Chocolate with fruit.  Can't stand it in any form that I can think of.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2021, 01:10:12 PM »
People who don't clear their inboxes. Harmony? Looking your direction?
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2021, 01:11:53 PM »
People who don't clear their inboxes. Harmony? Looking your direction?

I know, right? Isn't that annoying?   

:) :) :)

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2021, 01:12:31 PM »
I got another one:

Raisinets/Chunky bars? 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2021, 01:14:47 PM »
How small are those inboxes anyway?  I swear, I only had a very short list of messages there.

So sorry! 

Do the length of the actual messages make a difference or something?  Some of y'all are really wordy.  LoL
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online pg1067

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2021, 01:39:26 PM »
I got another one:

Raisinets/Chunky bars?

Raisins could go on the list too, so covering them with chocolate just makes things worse.

Chunky "bars"?  I don't know what varieties exist, but all I remember is that a Chunky is basically a Duplo block of solid chocolate, and I'm not a fan of solid chocolate.  I need some nougat and/or krispies and/or caramel.  Just no fruit