Author Topic: John Petrucci's Rock the Barrel Bourbon -anyone else make a bad decision today?  (Read 11442 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
I have spent almost nothing aside from his solo material. I'll scoop up the bourbon and maybe a majesty guitar sometime.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Goes on sale today at noon for those interested

https://ironsmokedistillery.com/iron-smoke-rock-the-barrel/
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
Dope! Won't miss it this time.

Offline goo-goo

Dope! Won't miss it this time.

Waiting for it as well. Was it $200 bucks for the 1st one?

Offline goo-goo

Ordered...hurt a bit but I realized I'm running out of whiskey from the only bottle I have. I love Stranahan's Whiskey from Colorado.

Online pg1067

$193 for what amounts to 2 soda cans worth of beverage.

:rollin :rollin :rollin
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Couldn't justify pulling the trigger again. Batch 1 was good but not $200 good, I'm glad I got it but I'm not gonna worry about continuing with each iteration.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
I grabbed some this time... glad it's back.  This bottle will likely last me a year or more so I'm OK with the price.  I'm still working through the Longbranch that my wife bought for my birthday last year.

For those who bought the last batch... how was the "virtual tasting"?  Kind of a cool idea.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline goo-goo

Couldn't justify pulling the trigger again. Batch 1 was good but not $200 good, I'm glad I got it but I'm not gonna worry about continuing with each iteration.

I missed out on the 1st batch. That is the only reason I got this one.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member

I missed out on the 1st batch. That is the only reason I got this one.

Same here.

Mine got delivered earlier. Looking forward to trying it out later

Offline ddtonfire

Just got mine in the mail. Interestingly enough, it did not have a bottle number on it.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
A bit too expensive for me, as much as I love whisky. I have spent so much money on JP branded items, from his signature guitars, to plug-ins, to merch, I think I will sit this one out lol. Maybe it becomes a collector's item in 50 years.

Still waiting on BBQ sauce....

Offline goo-goo

Just got mine in the mail. Interestingly enough, it did not have a bottle number on it.

It does have a number. I got 57 out of 200.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Virtual tasting today with JP at 7pm

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

What was that like?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member

What was that like?

I missed it  :lol Got caught in traffic for an hour. If it was anything like the previous one, it was more like a Q&A and talking about the product itself.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh that sucks.  I feel like that would be a big part of me wanting to purchase, to have that moment (even if remotely) of JP's time.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Iron Maiden's beer was the only alcohol with a band's name that I've ever tried. It was alright, but way too overpriced, even for Brazil's ridiculous prices.

I tried Megadeth's A Tout Le Monde a few years ago, and it was delicious (for my taste).
I agree. It's been the best of the rock star vanity beers.

My preferred whiskey is ~$70 (and I never have to pay for it). I find it pretty unlikely that JP's is going to be better, so spending the extra $130 ain't gonna happen.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Iron Maiden's beer was the only alcohol with a band's name that I've ever tried. It was alright, but way too overpriced, even for Brazil's ridiculous prices.

I tried Megadeth's A Tout Le Monde a few years ago, and it was delicious (for my taste).
I agree. It's been the best of the rock star vanity beers.

My preferred whiskey is ~$70 (and I never have to pay for it). I find it pretty unlikely that JP's is going to be better, so spending the extra $130 ain't gonna happen.

If I bought one of these I feel like it would be for everything else besides the actual whiskey.  I don't think I'd open it.  Just collect it for display since it's signed and numbered.  But that's me.  My coworker is big into collecting whiskey so I'd have to imagine the value of holding these would go up if I ever wanted to get rid of it.   I have a bottle of the Slipknot whiskey that is signed by Clown and I also don't ever plan on opening it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I have been fortunate enough to taste it.  It's really good (intense and sharp, with a nice burn), but not for me, especially at that price point.

Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni

If I bought one of these I feel like it would be for everything else besides the actual whiskey.  I don't think I'd open it.  Just collect it for display since it's signed and numbered.  But that's me.  My coworker is big into collecting whiskey so I'd have to imagine the value of holding these would go up if I ever wanted to get rid of it.   I have a bottle of the Slipknot whiskey that is signed by Clown and I also don't ever plan on opening it.

Like anything that speculators start getting into, the bourbon bubble is eventually going to burst.  The idea of "collecting" consumable products is so weird to me.  If I buy bourbon, I'm drinking it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Like anything that speculators start getting into, the bourbon bubble is eventually going to burst.  The idea of "collecting" consumable products is so weird to me.  If I buy bourbon, I'm drinking it.
Similar to the rare and vintage cigar market.  People will "invest" in rare blends.  No different than bourbon.

What are you saving it for?  You could die tomorrow!  Drink it!  Smoke it!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm not into collecting consumables myself, but there appears to be a market for it. The main reason why I could easily collect something like this is simply because I'm not a bourbon drinker.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
I have been fortunate enough to taste it.  It's really good (intense and sharp, with a nice burn), but not for me, especially at that price point.

Intense is the single word I'd use to describe it :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Intense is the single word I'd use to describe it :lol
:metal

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
Finally - a proper celebration for the releases of my bourbon collaborations Rock The Barrel with Iron Smoke Distillery! 🥳 The party takes place on Monday October 10th from 5pm at the Iron Smoke Distillery in Fairport, NY.

Get tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/iron-smokejohn-petrucci-rock-the-barrel-party-tickets-429898246227?aff=ebdssbdestsearch&keep_tld=1