Author Topic: 2021 NFL Thread v. Super Bowl 56: Rams vs Bengals  (Read 97204 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2021 NFL Thread v. Bucs ban Gruden, continue to embrace A. Brown
« Reply #910 on: October 17, 2021, 05:22:33 PM »
Holy ball sack!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #911 on: October 17, 2021, 05:40:20 PM »
I'm coming to you Elizabeth.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #912 on: October 17, 2021, 05:54:54 PM »
NE was too conservative with their play calling in OT.  They hadn't stopped Dallas all day, so being aggressive should have been the goal when they got the ball first instead of the "let's run it on 1st and 2nd down and hope we convert a 3rd down" philosophy.  Josh McDaniels is overrated.

Great game by Dak.  That was an MVP performance.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #913 on: October 17, 2021, 06:04:30 PM »
The Pats are going to be M. R. Nasty next year.   That’s not fanboy, that’s the reality that teams that do well in close games often turn the corner the next season.    They are playing good teams well, and that’s going to pay off.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #914 on: October 17, 2021, 06:05:22 PM »
Making plays vs. Not making plays.  It's as easy as that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #915 on: October 17, 2021, 06:06:45 PM »
I'm coming to you Elizabeth.

You kill me, Fred.  😊

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #916 on: October 17, 2021, 06:07:44 PM »
 :lol

The truth hurts.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #917 on: October 17, 2021, 06:13:31 PM »
That game was a killer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #918 on: October 17, 2021, 09:29:41 PM »
NE was too conservative with their play calling in OT.  They hadn't stopped Dallas all day, so being aggressive should have been the goal when they got the ball first instead of the "let's run it on 1st and 2nd down and hope we convert a 3rd down" philosophy.
I agree.
Josh McDaniels is overrated.
I disagree.

The Pats are going to be M. R. Nasty next year.   That’s not fanboy, that’s the reality that teams that do well in close games often turn the corner the next season.    They are playing good teams well, and that’s going to pay off.
I don't know what M.R. Nasty is, but every week I see something that encourages me. Today McCorkle showed visible annoyance at Bill calling a timeout in a situation he thought he had under control. That's confidence. I don't see this kid being a bust, and that bodes very well for NE if they put together another good draft.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #919 on: October 18, 2021, 06:00:27 AM »
M.R. Nasty is something one of my friends always says; it's a play on Mr. Nasty, but I don't know any more than that. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #920 on: October 18, 2021, 07:35:48 AM »
Well, I didn't have to watch the Jets lose this week and that Seattle 1st round pick we got in the Jamal Adams trade keeps looking better.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #921 on: October 18, 2021, 07:50:49 AM »
Well, I didn't have to watch the Jets lose this week and that Seattle 1st round pick we got in the Jamal Adams trade keeps looking better.

Still get to see Wilson at the top of the INT board though even when they didn't play one week  :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #922 on: October 18, 2021, 09:12:05 AM »

Still get to see Wilson at the top of the INT board though even when they didn't play one week  :lol

Shhhhhhhhhh just let me have this :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #923 on: October 18, 2021, 09:44:49 AM »
Meanwhile, the Broncos are getting it handed to them at home by a Raiders team that has had a nightmare of a week and change.  Vic Fangio is the worst head coach in NFL history.  :censored :censored

First Broncos game I've gotten to see this season, and they laid a big steaming turd.  Ugh....
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #924 on: October 18, 2021, 11:43:16 AM »
Well, Mac Jones just had a game where he led 2 go-ahead drives in the 4th quarter and still lost. Never happened to his predecessor in 350 starts. Sorry Mac, no horseshoes for you! Also, you didn't will the defense to make a stop in OT.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #925 on: October 18, 2021, 12:45:55 PM »
That's your take from the game?  Kid is doing well for a rookie..  The D couldn't get off the field.  That's why they lost.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #926 on: October 18, 2021, 12:53:46 PM »
That's your take from the game?  Kid is doing well for a rookie..  The D couldn't get off the field.  That's why they lost.

People seem to forget that Brady was CARRIED by his defense his first few seasons before he developed into the greatest QB of all time. Mac Jones doesn’t have the luxury of being able to lean on his defense the way Brady did early in his career. Mac is doing very well for the situation he’s in and with pieces around him he’ll become a great player in this league.

Also I hate you guys for making me defend the Patriots…
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #927 on: October 18, 2021, 12:56:22 PM »
 :lol

Very true.  Not all true rookies come out of the gates great.  Look at Troy Aikman's 1st season as an example.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #928 on: October 18, 2021, 01:05:23 PM »

It's kind of hard to tell, but I think Dream Team was sarcastically defending Mac (or dumping on Brady).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #929 on: October 18, 2021, 01:28:51 PM »
Dumping on N.E. that they don't have Brady to bail them out.  Of course he did. I don't expect that from a rookie.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #930 on: October 18, 2021, 01:54:27 PM »

It's kind of hard to tell, but I think Dream Team was sarcastically defending Mac (or dumping on Brady).

If Dream Team's lips were moving, he was dumping on Brady.  ;) :)

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm rather satisfied with Mac Jones at this point in his career.   Yeah, he's not perfect, but he's doing things I like to see.  He's tough in the pocket, he's getting to his 3rd and even 4th reads... once he gets the full game plan, it's going to be fun being a Pats fan again.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #931 on: October 18, 2021, 02:18:06 PM »
They had to burn a timeout in the 4th quarter and you could see Mac pissed off at the player who caused it so he knew where that player should have lined up.

That's a vet understanding.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #932 on: October 18, 2021, 02:41:23 PM »
Rams and Raiders!!!  :metal :metal :metal

I thought the Chargers game would be closer than that.  Still work to do.

All you Seahawks haters won't have to worry about them this year.  ::)  :loser:
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #933 on: October 18, 2021, 03:50:07 PM »
Meanwhile, the Broncos are getting it handed to them at home by a Raiders team that has had a nightmare of a week and change.  Vic Fangio is the worst head coach in NFL history.  :censored :censored

Well, as much as I can sympathize with your plight after 3 straight loses, I think Dan Campbell has him beat.  Cried like a baby at the press conference last week and this week he throws Goff under the bus.  The guy is a mondo loser.  :loser:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #934 on: October 18, 2021, 03:51:33 PM »

Well, as much as I can sympathize with your plight after 3 straight loses, I think Dan Campbell has him beat.  Cried like a baby at the press conference last week and this week he throws Goff under the bus.  The guy is a mondo loser.  :loser:

I wonder how all that kneecap biting is working out.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #935 on: October 18, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »
When I was 8 years old we took a trip to Florida and we visited my Dad’s cousins . They bought me some gifts. A Miami Dolphins looseleaf book for school , a Dolphins football and a jersey, #42 Paul Warfield . I didn’t know much about football at that age but they explained that was their team so I’ve followed them ever since . Growing up in NY I caught plenty of hell from all my friends who were Jet fans. but the Marino years sure were some great times !
FF to now , been living in South Florida for 17 years , still a Dolphins fan but I am totally disgusted with this team and unfortunately have been for quite some time …I used to be so upset when they lost,  now  I expect it . They lose their home opener to a division rival 35 -0 , and now lose to an 0-5 team ..A one time proud organization, then became an average team and now they aren’t even an average team … Any other long time suffering Dolphins fans that want to chat , send me a message.
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #936 on: October 18, 2021, 07:01:42 PM »

First Broncos game I've gotten to see this season, and they laid a big steaming turd.  Ugh....

They are wasting this roster with an awful coach and not having a franchise QB. Teddy is a solid QB, but not a guy who can win without everything around him in good shape.   If you get the coach and the QB right, you always have a chance.  If you can't get either right, you are screwed.  And that has been the Broncos since Manning retired and Kubiak stepped down.

Campbell's fatal flaw is expecting more out of Jared Goff.  McVay squeezed everything good he could out of Goff and then bailed the second a better option became available.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #937 on: October 18, 2021, 09:27:46 PM »
What a finish tonight.

D. Henry should probably be the MVP, but good luck getting the voters to give to a RB in 2021.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #938 on: October 18, 2021, 09:32:38 PM »
What a finish tonight.

D. Henry should probably be the MVP, but good luck getting the voters to give to a RB in 2021.

He 100% should be the MVP. Nobody is on his level, and the Titans would be a laughingstock without him.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #939 on: October 18, 2021, 09:43:33 PM »

According to his intro on the Sunday Night game, Jamal Adams is "the best in the world." 

After 6 games, his stat line is: 0 sacks, 0 hurries, 0 interceptions, and 0 passes defended. I have no idea how PFF works, but they have him ranked as the 59th safety in the league.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #941 on: October 19, 2021, 02:27:29 PM »
D.K. Metcalf is a moron, in a couple of ways.

Who remembers last year when Metcalf whined about not getting the ball in the playoffs, so the Seahawks called a play that telegraphed Wilson passing to him, and the Rams picked it off for a touchdown.

-MirrorMask

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #942 on: October 19, 2021, 02:30:11 PM »
D.K. Metcalf is a moron, in a couple of ways.

Who remembers last year when Metcalf whined about not getting the ball in the playoffs, so the Seahawks called a play that telegraphed Wilson passing to him, and the Rams picked it off for a touchdown.

Ooh!  Ooh!  I do! I do!     ;):):)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #943 on: October 19, 2021, 05:26:07 PM »
Metcalf reminds me of Odell Beckham: an all-world talent at WR who is a total idiot.  Odds are he will be his own worst enemy, just like Beckham has been.

And trying to trash talk Shannon Sharpe is almost always a losing proposition.  :lol :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #944 on: October 20, 2021, 09:41:17 PM »
Some local radio guys were talking about that, one of them thought maybe he actually had no idea who Shannon Sharpe was. It's not like he is Red Grange; Sharpe played in to the 2000s, right?

Also heard on the radio the Seahawks had some talks with Cam Newton, and that he had at some point dated Russell Wilson's wife Ciara. Reports say if they sign Cam, this could be a distraction, not only on the practice field, but also at the Homecoming Dance and in geometry class.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'