Author Topic: 2021 NFL Thread v. Super Bowl 56: Rams vs Bengals  (Read 97169 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: 2021 NFL Thread v. Bucs ban Gruden, continue to embrace A. Brown
« Reply #945 on: October 21, 2021, 06:58:57 AM »
Some local radio guys were talking about that, one of them thought maybe he actually had no idea who Shannon Sharpe was. It's not like he is Red Grange; Sharpe played in to the 2000s, right?

Also heard on the radio the Seahawks had some talks with Cam Newton, and that he had at some point dated Russell Wilson's wife Ciara. Reports say if they sign Cam, this could be a distraction, not only on the practice field, but also at the Homecoming Dance and in geometry class.

I get you're the messenger, but I find that hard to believe; Sharpe is a Hall of Famer, and has been consistently around the game since his retirement.  I guess anything is possible, but still.   Plus, I've met Sharpe - on a plane - and he's not a wallflower sort of guy.  If he's around a camp or whatever, doing his press thing, you know he's there.

As for the Cam Newton thing, that, to me, is "Cam NewtonTM" in a nutshell; it's NEVER just about the football.  There is always SOMETHING with that guy.   

Offline Skeever

« Reply #946 on: October 21, 2021, 08:56:22 AM »
When I was 8 years old we took a trip to Florida and we visited my Dad’s cousins . They bought me some gifts. A Miami Dolphins looseleaf book for school , a Dolphins football and a jersey, #42 Paul Warfield . I didn’t know much about football at that age but they explained that was their team so I’ve followed them ever since . Growing up in NY I caught plenty of hell from all my friends who were Jet fans. but the Marino years sure were some great times !
FF to now , been living in South Florida for 17 years , still a Dolphins fan but I am totally disgusted with this team and unfortunately have been for quite some time …I used to be so upset when they lost,  now  I expect it . They lose their home opener to a division rival 35 -0 , and now lose to an 0-5 team ..A one time proud organization, then became an average team and now they aren’t even an average team … Any other long time suffering Dolphins fans that want to chat , send me a message.

Well, not a Dolphins fan, a Jets fan. I guess at least you know that your fate would have been exactly the same had you given into the peer pressure and listened to your friends.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #947 on: October 21, 2021, 09:35:54 AM »
Stupid play by him.  But even stupider to respond to Sharpe that way after being rightfully called out.  That's a situation where the correct response is something along the lines of, "Yeah, I probably should have just gone right out of bounds, but I was trying to get a few more yards for our kicker, and I thought that since I was right there on the sidelines, I could still easily get out of bounds in time," or "I knew the play and knew what I was supposed to do, but in that split second, I just reacted and made the wrong decision," or something like that. 

He's just an idiot who can't own his own mistakes.  As another example, there was also this beauty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTmqleYLURo

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #948 on: October 21, 2021, 10:04:36 AM »
SMH
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #950 on: October 21, 2021, 11:08:14 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #951 on: October 21, 2021, 07:13:50 PM »
As if we needed more proof that Vic Fangio is the worst, the Browns are missing their two stud RBs and are still ripping through the Broncos like shit through a goose.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: 2021 NFL Thread v. Worst coach ever still residing in Denver
« Reply #952 on: October 21, 2021, 09:21:37 PM »
No Broncos gear will be worn by this lifelong Broncos fan until that incompetent is removed as head coach.  He is the worst head coach in NFL history.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #953 on: October 22, 2021, 06:58:33 AM »
I feel bad for Teddy Bridgewater. His injuries are affecting the accuracy and strength of those deep passes. He's a fighter and he's trying to do what he can but it's just not going to happen.

Offline romdrums

« Reply #954 on: October 22, 2021, 07:17:06 AM »
Nice to see the Browns come away with a gut check win last night. So glad they're deep at RB.  I'm hearing Mayfield could be out for the season, so it was nice to see Keenum step up and play an efficient game.  If the defense wasn't so schizophrenic, they'd be 6-1 right now.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #955 on: October 22, 2021, 07:30:54 PM »
Nice to see the Browns come away with a gut check win last night. So glad they're deep at RB.  I'm hearing Mayfield could be out for the season, so it was nice to see Keenum step up and play an efficient game.  If the defense wasn't so schizophrenic, they'd be 6-1 right now.

Not much of a drop-off from Mayfield to Keenum to be honest. Getting their stud RBs back is far more important, as is getting their O-line healthy.  Their line, Chubb and Hunt are what make that offense go.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #956 on: October 23, 2021, 08:38:58 AM »
I feel bad for Teddy Bridgewater. His injuries are affecting the accuracy and strength of those deep passes. He's a fighter and he's trying to do what he can but it's just not going to happen.

He should have stayed with the Saints and Sean Payton.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #957 on: October 24, 2021, 11:45:12 AM »
As good as the Chiefs offense is, what they are clearly lacking is a good slot WR.  Seems like all of their WRs are fast, smaller guys, meaning they have no slot-type WRs who can be relied on to get catch a short pass and turn a 3rd and 6 into a 1st down,  Kelce is obviously awesome, but he is more of a "once he gets going, he can be tough to get down" kind of player, unlike your average slot WR who can be quick in small spaces and get those tough yards.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #958 on: October 24, 2021, 02:12:45 PM »
Whenever I think it can’t get any worse, the Patriots are always there to push the knife in deeper.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #959 on: October 24, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »
Looks like the Bengals are definitely for real.  Joe Burrow is a good one, so long as he stays healthy.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs look dead in the water. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #960 on: October 24, 2021, 02:18:31 PM »
Whenever I think it can’t get any worse, the Patriots are always there to push the knife in deeper.

Look on the bright side...the Mike White Era has begun.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #961 on: October 24, 2021, 04:35:46 PM »
Sheesh lots of close games this week.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #962 on: October 24, 2021, 05:06:55 PM »

Thanks. That makes me feel much better…
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #963 on: October 24, 2021, 05:41:47 PM »

Thanks. That makes me feel much better…

It should. No pussy headband on him. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #964 on: October 24, 2021, 07:35:15 PM »
So funny to see a dome team and a California team play in a little weather tonight. WTF? It looks like a preseason game with 3rd stringers playing on each side.

And just as I hit Save, #19 for SF promptly fumbles after a catch.. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #965 on: October 24, 2021, 08:11:28 PM »
Our idiots at the local NBC affiliate have interrupted practically the entire game for a constant weather update about a tornado that is an hour away from the STL metro area.  Idiots.  They are getting crushed on social media, but I doubt they care. I am sure rain and tornadoes are like catnip to this weatherman who likes hearing the sound of his own voice way too much.  :lol :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #966 on: October 24, 2021, 08:13:16 PM »
Might be time for you to evacuate the mobile home. :P

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #967 on: October 24, 2021, 08:15:35 PM »
 :lol :lol

Fortunately, my new condo has an upstairs and a downstairs, so I can head downstairs if need be, as I type this upstairs where it is less safe. :lol  In other words, if I suddenly stop posting forever, a tornado probably killed me. :eek :eek :P :P

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #968 on: October 24, 2021, 08:19:26 PM »
Give my regards to Ronnie Dio.  :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #969 on: October 24, 2021, 08:20:11 PM »
 :tup :tup

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #970 on: October 24, 2021, 09:19:26 PM »
Our idiots at the local NBC affiliate have interrupted practically the entire game for a constant weather update about a tornado that is an hour away from the STL metro area.  Idiots.  They are getting crushed on social media, but I doubt they care. I am sure rain and tornadoes are like catnip to this weatherman who likes hearing the sound of his own voice way too much.  :lol :lol

A: That's why you stream football.
B: You're missing some really shitty football.
C: Frank Reich is a offensive genius. What a gameplan! "Guys, I've got this great scheme drawn up. Just throw 40 yard jump balls and get PI penalties. It can't fail!"  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #971 on: October 25, 2021, 07:08:08 AM »
Give my regards to Ronnie Dio.  :lol

HAHA, I just choked on my coffee.....  :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #972 on: October 25, 2021, 07:10:06 AM »

B: You're missing some really shitty football.
C: Frank Reich is a offensive genius. What a gameplan! "Guys, I've got this great scheme drawn up. Just throw 40 yard jump balls and get PI penalties. It can't fail!"  :lol

I don't know about "offensive genius", but I like him.  He seems to have his guys ready, and he seems to have the wherewithal to make adjustments.  His defense was overly aggressive at the start, and the Niners took advantage of that, but they seemed to get more patient as the game went on, and it didn't look like the Niners were able to adjust in kind.

That's a game the Niners should have won.   I would have liked to have been in that locker room after the game. 

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #973 on: October 25, 2021, 10:52:42 AM »

I've been streaming SNF on Hulu for that last 2 weeks because the assholes at NBC pulled their channel from Dish.  :\
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #974 on: October 25, 2021, 05:09:13 PM »

That's a game the Niners should have won.   I would have liked to have been in that locker room after the game.

Shanahan getting them to the Super Bowl three years after they were 2-14 was impressive as hell, but his overall record as their head coach is now 31-39 (and that is with counting the 13-3 record in 2018).  That is simply not good enough.  I wonder if he will survive this if they limp to another under .500 season, or if he will be given one more season to see if he and Trey Lance can make it happen together and win some games.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #975 on: October 25, 2021, 10:47:47 PM »

Shanahan getting them to the Super Bowl three years after they were 2-14 was impressive as hell, but his overall record as their head coach is now 31-39 (and that is with counting the 13-3 record in 2018).  That is simply not good enough.  I wonder if he will survive this if they limp to another under .500 season, or if he will be given one more season to see if he and Trey Lance can make it happen together and win some games.
I think you've got to give Shanahan+Lance an opportunity, but not a particularly long one. He deserves the chance to incorporate him into his scheme, but you can't lose sight of the fact that Lance is longterm and Shanahan is but one possibility. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #976 on: October 26, 2021, 06:20:19 AM »

I think you've got to give Shanahan+Lance an opportunity, but not a particularly long one. He deserves the chance to incorporate him into his scheme, but you can't lose sight of the fact that Lance is longterm and Shanahan is but one possibility.

Agreed.  If Lance is good, I have no doubt that Shanahan could get them to win a lot, as look at his record with Jimmy G starting vs when he does not start. The difference is staggering.  And Jimmy G has merely been a good (but not great) QB for most his SF tenure when healthy, so imagine if Shanahan got himself a QB who is great.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #977 on: October 27, 2021, 06:34:38 PM »
Power Rankings (Week 8 Edition!)
01 Arizona Cardinals - 7-0 and have three impressive road beatdowns (Titans, Rams, Browns)
02 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - defense finally looked good, and the offense is so loaded that they didn't even miss two former All-Pros against a very good Bears defense
03 Los Angeles Rams - defense and special teams both look a bit suspect, as does their snake oil owner
04 Buffalo Bills - their best might be as good as anyone's, and they need to take advantage of that bad division and coast to the 1 seed
05 Dallas Cowboys - the team that many love to root against has a real shot at their first NFCCG since the beginning of Bill Clinton's 2nd term
06 Tennessee Titans - the loss against the Jets was ugly, but back to back wins against the Bills and Chiefs was damn impressive
07 Green Bay Packers - they still feel a bit like Aaron Rodgers or bust, but he can carry a team a long way
08 Cincinnati Bengals - a team on the rise, and winning like that at Baltimore made a big statement
09 Baltimore Ravens - hard team to figure out; they've destroyed the Chargers and beaten the Chiefs (before they were a mess), yet needed a miracle to beat both the Lions and Colts, and just got mauled at home
10 Los Angeles Chargers - their poor run defense will likely prevent them from going all the way this year, but they could be a year away from being a top contender

Top 5 MVP candidates
01 Derrick Henry
02 Kyler Murray
03 Lamar Jackson
04 Tom Brady
05 Dak Prescott

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #978 on: October 28, 2021, 06:07:38 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline faizoff

« Reply #979 on: October 28, 2021, 09:28:36 PM »
This Packers  Cardinals game ending is insane.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan