Author Topic: 2021 NFL Thread v. Super Bowl 56: Rams vs Bengals  (Read 96297 times)

Offline T-ski

Re: 2021 NFL Thread v. Tom Brady going for his 133rd ring!
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2021, 09:28:35 AM »
Adam Schefter was on the Dan Patrick Show today and basically said neither the Rodgers camp or the Packers have fed info about what is going on.  He said it was just an accumulation of information he’s heard since the season ended and just thought it was a good idea to mention it, on draft day, because, you know, ratings and clicks.

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2021, 09:37:45 AM »
That info was released on draft day by the Rodgers camp and it was done with a purpose.  Not letting the owners off the hook.  They do that stuff all the time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline T-ski

« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2021, 09:45:12 AM »
That info was released on draft day by the Rodgers camp and it was done with a purpose.  Not letting the owners off the hook.  They do that stuff all the time.

Not according to Schefter.... https://youtu.be/HVxsubIYe-k

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2021, 10:00:23 AM »
I read Schefter so many times and he's been wrong before.  There was something calculating releasing that info on the day of the draft by Rodger's camp or GB.  It happens all the time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline T-ski

« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2021, 10:33:14 AM »
The only beneficiary of the “report” was ESPN.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2021, 10:52:20 AM »
The only beneficiary of the “report” was ESPN.

I don't believe that at all.  If Rodgers is telling multiple people that he's so disgruntled (Schefter's report) that he wants out then it's Rodger's leaking it to anybody and it was a planned release.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline T-ski

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2021, 11:31:32 AM »
Oh I know but Rodger's leaked it.  It was well known he had enough.  So did he ok them to release the info the day of the draft or did Schefter decide to do it all by himself then the avalanche of info?  Feels like what he said on Patrick's Podcast was take one for Rodgers so he still has that connection for info.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2021, 09:42:33 PM »
Bucs play the Cowboys in the opener, Tom faces his former team in week 4, Green Bay signed Bortles. I can't believe I'm following so much football this off season, it's been ages since I've done so.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2021, 07:14:10 AM »
Only the NFL can make a spectacle of the schedule release.  :metal

Offline T-ski

« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2021, 07:33:31 AM »

They try but most of the schedule was leaked, so any excitement and surprises were tempered by the time the “official release” happened.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2021, 09:04:49 AM »
Broncos schedule doesn't look that difficult (on paper, things always change), meaning they could challenge the Chiefs for the division title once they trade for Rodgers next month.  :hat

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2021, 09:46:23 AM »
Next to the Steelers, the Ravens have the most difficult schedule (based on last year's records).  Those are the breaks with the rotating division schedules.

As a 'fan', I hate how it is set up for this year.  Only one 1pm start during the first five weeks.  Their first 1pm home game is not until Week 6.  Only 9 of 17 are 1pm starts before any 'flexing' happens.  The late starts eliminate any thoughts of hosting or visiting with friends, or going to the bar and watching a half.

There is a stretch of three straight home games, a bye, and then another home game.  Following that is four road games in five weeks.  No team should have more than two consecutive home or road games, but the NFL does this constantly.  Also, two road MNF games, and one road TNF.  No idea why such a historically winning program so rarely gets a home game on Monday night.

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2021, 11:33:05 AM »

They try but most of the schedule was leaked, so any excitement and surprises were tempered by the time the “official release” happened.

Sure enough but they did a 3 hour special last night. Name me one other sport that keeps people's attention year around. Curling?  ;D

Offline pg1067

« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2021, 03:29:31 PM »

Sure enough but they did a 3 hour special last night. Name me one other sport that keeps people's attention year around. Curling?  ;D

I actually watched about 20 minutes of women's curling last weekend.  Switzerland against the unofficial Russian team.  Some real talent on those teams.  ;-)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2021, 06:12:58 PM »
 :facepalm: According to cbssports, the Steelers have the toughest schedule while the Bucs have the easiest. Can’t make this stuff up.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2021, 06:29:04 PM »
I think it's hilarious how the Giants have two MNF games.... at KC and at TB  :lol and their home schedule is 7x 1pm games.  Totally irrelevant team and as a fan, I understand.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2021, 06:31:34 PM »
:facepalm: According to cbssports, the Steelers have the toughest schedule while the Bucs have the easiest. Can’t make this stuff up.

You do realize that schedules are pre-determined, right?  It is already set ahead of time what divisions you are playing from year to year outside of your own, and because the Steelers won their division, they get two more divisions winners from last year, and because the Bucs finished 2nd in their division, they get two more 2nd place teams from last year. 

But, keep on, keeping on with the conspiracy talk.

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2021, 07:33:45 AM »

You do realize that schedules are pre-determined, right?  It is already set ahead of time what divisions you are playing from year to year outside of your own, and because the Steelers won their division, they get two more divisions winners from last year, and because the Bucs finished 2nd in their division, they get two more 2nd place teams from last year. 

Part of it is the division teams are in. The Cowboys play in the worst division in football and they play those teams 6 times. Same with the Bucs as they play in a pretty easy division. However, the Steelers play in a really hard division so that's part of the equation.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2021, 08:03:10 AM »

Yes, but you do realize it's Dream Team, and it's Brady, so there's no possible way it could be otherwise.    Brady is also responsible for The Adrenaline Mob, Michael Weatherly leaving NCIS, Ben Affleck as Batman, Chik-fil-A closing on Sunday, and Napster.   
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 09:02:18 AM by Stadler »

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2021, 08:15:52 AM »
Well if TB is responsible for TA then all I have to say is -  :metal :metal :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2021, 08:27:52 AM »

Yes, but you do realize it's Dream Team, and it's Brady, so there's no possible way it could be otherwise.    Brady is also responsible for The Astonishing, Michael Weatherly leaving NCIS, Ben Affleck as Batman, Chik-fil-A closing on Sunday, and Napster.

:lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2021, 08:33:40 AM »
Chick-fil-A not being open on Sundays is a little irksome at times, but anyone responsible for The Astonishing deserves a pat on the back.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2021, 09:02:33 AM »
Okay, is that better?  :) :) :)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2021, 10:54:00 AM »

Brady is also responsible for The Adrenaline Mob

Is that anything like "The Walmart"?  Or is this a clever nod to your recent posts about the use/non-use of the the word "the"?   :biggrin:
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2021, 12:52:58 PM »

Brady is also responsible for The Adrenaline Mob

Is that anything like "The Walmart"?  Or is this a clever nod to your recent posts about the use/non-use of the the word "the"?   :biggrin:

Clever nod.  :)   

Online hunnus2000

« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2021, 02:58:22 PM »
Chick-fil-a sucks balls BTW.  :tdwn

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2021, 03:04:13 PM »
Must be a Texas thing, because we're the only two people who think that.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2021, 03:56:49 PM »
Unless you are someone whose political leanings can affect your taste buds, which would be quite be impressive ;), it doesn't get any better than CfA when it comes to fast food.  That is admittedly a low bar to clear, but their food is yummy.  And their drive-thru service is unreal.  I went there a few weeks ago and there was a line wrapped around the entire building.  At McDonald's, it would have taken 20 minutes to get through it (and like an hour at Steak N' Shake). That day I was through it in just over five minutes at CfA.  :hat :hat

Offline pg1067

« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2021, 04:42:02 PM »
Unless you are someone whose political leanings can affect your taste buds, which would be quite be impressive ;), it doesn't get any better than CfA when it comes to fast food.  That is admittedly a low bar to clear, but their food is yummy.  And their drive-thru service is unreal.  I went there a few weeks ago and there was a line wrapped around the entire building.  At McDonald's, it would have taken 20 minutes to get through it (and like an hour at Steak N' Shake). That day I was through it in just over five minutes at CfA.  :hat :hat

I first had CFA when I worked at a Baskin-Robbins at a mall from 1985-88.  CFA, Burger King and Orange Julius were about the only options for an actual meal (maybe there was a Sbarros too?).  Awesome nuggets.  After I stopped working at the mall, I probably didn't see another CFA until about 15 years ago.  Their fries are a little meh, but the nuggets and sandwiches remain at the top of the fast-food chicken game.  Their lemonade is really good too, albeit more pulpy than I like.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2021, 05:31:54 PM »
Chick-Fil-A sucks and it has nothing to do with my political leanings.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline faizoff

« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2021, 06:39:45 PM »
Must be a Texas thing, because we're the only two people who think that.  :lol

Whattt!! It's fucking delicious
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2021, 12:03:17 AM »
Their fries are conference final quality, the rest matches up with the Lions and Jaguars.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2021, 12:39:23 AM »
I put them in the "not bad" category.  Their breakfasts are really good.  The chicken sandwiches...they are good.  They are not great.  I don't get the fanaticism.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."