Author Topic: Aric Improta/Night Verses (unbelievable drummer and excellent instrumental band)  (Read 484 times)

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
Just a head's up for the drummer Aric Improta and his excellent band Night Verses, that I discovered recently because MP recomended their last album, Every Sound Has A Color In The Valley Of Night - Part I, on his Facebook. Instrumental music (this one and the previous album, From the Gallery of Sleep), virtuosity with amazing musicallity IMO. As you can see in the videos with the band playing live, a lot of the keyboard sounds (if not ALL of them) are made by Aric, performig electronic percussion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RtHtGtDafU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFz3kg4WMgI&list=OLAK5uy_kM8EAiXHh1k4XjTZpuO3yByHyi4WnO2dk

This is maybe the most interesting solo/drum composition I've ever saw (the second half is the craziest one). And sure the guy  is also a killer performer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcr2f1l7aDE&t=699s
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
Yeah, guys like this and El Estepario Siberiano are the drummers pushing the art forward. Probably the 2 best in the world at the moment. They are like the second coming of drummers like Neil Peart and Danny Carey. Always pushing the art of drumming and what is possible in a drum solo or just drums to new heights.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline devieira73

El Estepario Siberiano is also amazing! Is he in any band writing songs?

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
He was in a band called Saratoga for a few years and played drums on their latest album, but left the band to do youtube full time. Supposedly he is working on something new that is band related, so we'll see what he comes up with.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline devieira73

Nice, let's see!