Author Topic: List your "late to the party" artists  (Read 3968 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
List your "late to the party" artists
« on: April 02, 2021, 06:36:07 AM »
What I mean is this, artists that you get into that in retrospect you probably should have much sooner than you did, but you didn't for whatever reasons.  I have a running joke now with a few friends that I seemingly have one of these a year now...

2018: XTC - given my love for 80's music, no clue why I procrastinated so long in getting into them. Once I dug into them in the spring of '18, they dominated my CD player for the rest of the year, and have remained a band I listen to quite often since.
2019: R.E.M. - always sorta liked them, but finally dug deep into them in the fall of '19 and was thrilled at how much I loved a lot of their work; at the time, my younger brother, who had been telling me for years to listen to them more, called it my most shocking 180 ever.
2020: Alanis Morissette - this became an even bigger 180, as after decades of disliking her voice a lot, outside of a few songs, I stumbled across a few songs of hers on YT, checked them out on a whim, and was shocked at how all of a sudden, her vocals were to my liking. I am now a big fan.
2021: Taylor Swift - this is still my my shocking one to date; I am still stunned at this turn of events.  I guess I can thank COVID for this one since if COVID never happens, she never records Folklore and Evermore, I don't stumble across glowing reviews of them, and I continue to dismiss her as a country/pop superstar who is not worth my time to check out.

Online MirrorMask

Re: List your "late to the party" artists
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 06:43:01 AM »
Bruce Springsteen has to win this, hands down. Where has he been all of my life? or better, where have I been all his life? I started to listen to him just as an experiment, thanks to the pandemic and working from home and needing other stuff to listen to thanks to having 8 hours of music available suddenly.

To think I could have seen him at least twice in a stadium if only I woke up a bit earlier.... I'm sure that, Covid permitting, he will be  back in 2022, but damn, it's a shame that I'm 41, he's 71 and I started to listen to him only last year.

Also last year I discovered Dropkick Murphys, it was years since I was into folk metal and irish rock, maybe I could have paid attention to one of the bands that were very clear at the top of the genre? and see them live already? uh well, better lucky next time...

Another mention of honor is Alice Cooper, been around forever, but only in 2013 I finally started to listen to him. At least I saw him already twice live, but really, I could have gotten into him waaaay sooner....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline HOF

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 06:55:57 AM »
Kate Bush is one I just got into very recently. I knew her from her appearances on Peter Gabriel songs, and knew she was well thought of but honestly didn’t think I would like her voice (mostly judging by Don’t Give Up). Still, I always figured I’d give her a try eventually. Picked up one of her greatest hits collections a couple months back which blew me a way, and then got Hounds of Love last month and it’s an absolute masterpiece.

Tears for Fears are another band I took way too long to give a full try to. I knew the radio hits growing up and got Everybody Loves a Happy Ending around the time it came out (I mistakenly thought Nick D’Virgilio was on it, but he only played on the tour for that one). I liked it ok back then but they were always on the list to “check out some day.” Maybe 4-5 years ago I finally got Songs from the Big Chair and then quickly got everything else (except the debut. Not sure why I haven’t gotten that one other than I don’t care for Mad World). Roland is an amazing singer and songwriter. One of the underrated figures in pop music I think.

Simon & Garfunkel were one of those old bands that it seemed like everyone was supposed to love just because, but a few years back I found an old mix CD a friend from college gave me that had The Only Living Boy in New York on it. I fell in love with the sound of it, and also found out I could play it on guitar with a capo, so then I kind of became obsessed with it. Bridge Over Troubled Water and Bookends are both tremendous recordings.

King Crimson before the 80s took me forever to give a full listen to. But Red especially is now one of my favorite albums.

The Flower Kings are another that I’ve really gotten into in the last 3 years or so. Back when the first two Transatlantic albums came out I got big into Spock’s Beard, but TFK didn’t click with me so much on my first two tries (The Rainmaker, which I did like, and Stardust We Are, which I wasn’t really able to wrap my head around the whole thing). It took getting Roine’s The Flower King a few years back to reignite my interest. Then I got Retropolis which I loved, and then all of Stardust We Are clicked for me.  I’m still missing anything between Unfold the Future and the latest, Islands, but now I’d say Roine is firmly among my favorite prog writers and guitarists.

Oh, and I picked up my first two Beatles albums last week, Rubber Soul and Revolver. So you could say I’m pretty late to that party for sure.

Offline DTA

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 06:57:12 AM »
Alice Cooper - 2019. I checked out Hey Stoopid since it was a dollar in a bargain bin and I was immediately hooked. I had a passing appreciation for him as far back as Wayne's World where he just seemed like a cool guy, but I never assumed he actually created stuff that was artistically deep and diverse until I discovered his catalog.

Motorhead - 2019. I love a lot of the bands they influenced but never actually gave them a chance until I found Bastards for cheap. I think they got way better in the 90's and beyond, as a lot of their early material just feels haphazardly thrown together.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 07:24:49 AM »
Biggest one for me is Genesis. Got into them in the early 2010's, after their "final" tour, and after Phil "retired" from music. I was lucky enough to get to see Phil come out of retirement a couple years ago, but I don't think Genesis will be back. They've pushed back they're reunion tour dates back for a second time to next year, and who knows if those will even happen. Not to mention the tour is only in Europe. I just wish a got into them pre-2007 so I could have seen them on their first reunion tour.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline krands85

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 07:26:53 AM »
A recent one that comes to mind is Riverside. I've often seen them mentioned on here over the years, but didn't get in to them until 2019. Although according to last.fm I actually listened to one track of theirs in 2010  :lol

There are plenty of others I didn't start listening to until several years/albums into their career of course, but they wouldn't fit the bill of 'probably should have got in to them sooner', as I had never heard of them or been in to that type of music beforehand.

Just waiting for the 'List your "early to the party" artists' thread now  :biggrin:
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 09:11:33 AM »
Grateful Dead
Alice Cooper
Ayreon
UFO (especially since I was a HUGE Michael Schenker fan back in the day)
Jellyfish
Springsteen (though that doesn't really count, because I DID see him back in the day, but it was more to be around friends who loved him than to see him myself.  I went for the party!)

Online Mladen

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 09:16:58 AM »
There is a lot of these. Off the top of my head:

2017 - Queen
2018 - My Chemical Romance
2019 - King Diamond, Oasis
2020 - Bob Dylan

I should have gotten into all of these way earlier, honestly.

Offline HOF

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 09:43:43 AM »
What I mean is this, artists that you get into that in retrospect you probably should have much sooner than you did, but you didn't for whatever reasons.  I have a running joke now with a few friends that I seemingly have one of these a year now...

2018: XTC - given my love for 80's music, no clue why I procrastinated so long in getting into them. Once I dug into them in the spring of '18, they dominated my CD player for the rest of the year, and have remained a band I listen to quite often since.

I really like XTC but only have their stuff from Oranges & Lemons onward (and their first album which is nearly unlistenable). Have heard English Settlement and a few other earlier bits and pieces but for whatever reason haven't ever picked up anything else by them. I do love Oranges & Lemons, Nonsuch, and Apple Venus Vol. 1 though.

One 80s artist I've wondered if you might like is Prefab Sprout. Kind of a similar vibe as XTC as well as Tears for Fears but a little quirkier than them. If you haven't before, check out their Steve McQueen album (titled Two Wheels Good in the US).

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 11:58:08 AM »
Very cool theme.

I divide it into three main reasons: I) bands / artists that I had some kind of prejudice; II) bands / artists who simply were not part of my life before; III) bands / artists that I think needed a little more maturity to appreciate.

I) Several examples. As someone who started listening to heavy metal and things like Beatles and Led Zeppelin and then came to progressive rock, I had a HUGE prejudice against punk rock. When I was 30 I decided to reevaluate my musical prejudices and then I discovered artists like The Damned and The Clash that I appreciate.
Another good example is Kiss. I always thought a band was ridiculous, but in the idea of ​​breaking prejudices I listened to the entire discography. I don't like everything, but the 70's records are very good.

II) The biggest example is Rush. I could have liked Rush earlier, if I just had contact with the band. No friends listened to Rush, no one I knew had a Rush record, they didn't play on MTV. When I discovered the band I was in my early 20s!

III) Artists that I knew, respected, but only became a listener after the age of 30, with a certain maturity: David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Leonard Cohen.

Curious how some things just happened without much explanation. When I approached progressive rock, I looked at Yes, but only a few years later I did the same with Genesis, I don't know why. The same happened when Mike Portnoy made me know Transatlantic. From then on, I met Neal Morse and SB, but it wasn't until several years later that I really got to know TFK (and even today I don't know Marillion so well, just the Fish phase).

Offline HOF

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 12:06:34 PM »
Very cool theme.

I divide it into three main reasons: I) bands / artists that I had some kind of prejudice; II) bands / artists who simply were not part of my life before; III) bands / artists that I think needed a little more maturity to appreciate.

I) Several examples. As someone who started listening to heavy metal and things like Beatles and Led Zeppelin and then came to progressive rock, I had a HUGE prejudice against punk rock. When I was 30 I decided to reevaluate my musical prejudices and then I discovered artists like The Damned and The Clash that I appreciate.
Another good example is Kiss. I always thought a band was ridiculous, but in the idea of ​​breaking prejudices I listened to the entire discography. I don't like everything, but the 70's records are very good.

II) The biggest example is Rush. I could have liked Rush earlier, if I just had contact with the band. No friends listened to Rush, no one I knew had a Rush record, they didn't play on MTV. When I discovered the band I was in my early 20s!

III) Artists that I knew, respected, but only became a listener after the age of 30, with a certain maturity: David Bowie, Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Leonard Cohen.

Curious how some things just happened without much explanation. When I approached progressive rock, I looked at Yes, but only a few years later I did the same with Genesis, I don't know why. The same happened when Mike Portnoy made me know Transatlantic. From then on, I met Neal Morse and SB, but it wasn't until several years later that I really got to know TFK (and even today I don't know Marillion so well, just the Fish phase).

Ooh, if you don't know any Hogarth era Marillion there's a lot to discover there (probably my favorite band, so I'm biased). Maybe check out Season's End as a natural progression from the Fish era, but then I'd recommend Brave, Afraid of Sunlight, and Marbles.

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 12:15:49 PM »
My most obvious/recent one is Deftones. I'm only like 20 years late in getting into them. Weird how you can try with a band, on and off for years, and then something finally clicks and you fall hard!

I suppose the other one, off the top of my head is Devin Townsend. I vividly remember hearing 'Love?' by Strapping Young Lad, on a free CD given away with Metal Hammer Magazine back in '05. I got most of their albums over the next few years but didn't hear any of Devin's solo work until someone I met, whilst travelling Australia in '11, gave me some of his music on mp3. I think it was like Ocean Machine, and weirdly just the first few songs from Terria. It still took me until 2015 to realise how truly awesome he is, and fall hard for him.

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 12:21:17 PM »

Ooh, if you don't know any Hogarth era Marillion there's a lot to discover there (probably my favorite band, so I'm biased). Maybe check out Season's End as a natural progression from the Fish era, but then I'd recommend Brave, Afraid of Sunlight, and Marbles.

Cool!  :tup

I know a few things, but superficially and at random. There are certainly records that I don't know anything about.

I have a list of bands that I intend to meet or revisit the entire discography of (in the same way as I did with Kiss) and Marillion is in it. I am currently revisiting the Fates Warning discography. I think Marillion could be the next band on the list.  :)

Offline HOF

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2021, 12:32:59 PM »

Cool!  :tup

I know a few things, but superficially and at random. There are certainly records that I don't know anything about.

I have a list of bands that I intend to meet or revisit the entire discography of (in the same way as I did with Kiss) and Marillion is in it. I am currently revisiting the Fates Warning discography. I think Marillion could be the next band on the list.  :)

That should be fun. Hope you enjoy!

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2021, 12:55:55 PM »
I'll also add Rammstein and Lagwagon.

I only really got into Rammy 2 years ago, as their self titled is frigging amazing!

As a fan of most of the American punk rock bands coming out in the 90s, especially those signed to Fat Wreck Chords, I should've been listening to Lagwagon years ago. I know I checkes them out back in the day but it took me until I heard Hang, and was bowled over by it, to really 'get' them.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 02:55:33 PM »
UFO.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 03:09:25 PM »

I really like XTC but only have their stuff from Oranges & Lemons onward (and their first album which is nearly unlistenable). Have heard English Settlement and a few other earlier bits and pieces but for whatever reason haven't ever picked up anything else by them. I do love Oranges & Lemons, Nonsuch, and Apple Venus Vol. 1 though.

One 80s artist I've wondered if you might like is Prefab Sprout. Kind of a similar vibe as XTC as well as Tears for Fears but a little quirkier than them. If you haven't before, check out their Steve McQueen album (titled Two Wheels Good in the US).

I don't think I am familiar with Pregab Sprout. Did they have any hits or anything like that?

I find the first two XTC albums to be mostly unlistenable, and then Drums and Wires, which I know is a fan favorite, is kind of hit or miss, but still an upgrade. Black Sea is, IMO, where they first clicked on all cylinders.  That is in contention for being my favorite along with English Settlement and Apple Venus Part 1. 

Offline HOF

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2021, 03:21:58 PM »

I don't think I am familiar with Pregab Sprout. Did they have any hits or anything like that?

I find the first two XTC albums to be mostly unlistenable, and then Drums and Wires, which I know is a fan favorite, is kind of hit or miss, but still an upgrade. Black Sea is, IMO, where they first clicked on all cylinders.  That is in contention for being my favorite along with English Settlement and Apple Venus Part 1.

The only Prefab Sprout song that I think may have been a mild hit in the US was a song called The King of Rock and Roll, which is a tremendously quirky song that you will either love or hate. Either way the chorus will stick in your head forever, so proceed with caution.

If you want individual song recommendations, check out Bonnie, Appetite, or Goodbye Lucille #1 (all from Steve McQueen - there's also an all acoustic version of that album that is amazing).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2021, 03:26:33 PM »
Noted. I will have to check out a tune or two on YT.

Offline DTA

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2021, 04:09:28 PM »
Just thought of one - Dave Matthews Band. Before These Crowded Streets is probably one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time, but before this February, I never gave any other albums of theirs a chance. So far, Crash and Under The Table And Dreaming are absolutely blowing me away and I’m really looking forward to digging into their later albums and live stuff.

Offline HOF

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 04:13:20 PM »
Just thought of one - Dave Matthews Band. Before These Crowded Streets is probably one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time, but before this February, I never gave any other albums of theirs a chance. So far, Crash and Under The Table And Dreaming are absolutely blowing me away and I’m really looking forward to digging into their later albums and live stuff.

Those three albums are really good, but there’s a bit of a drop off afterwards. I do like about half of Everyday, and then Busted Stuff was pretty strong, but that was the last one I was able to get into.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2021, 04:13:55 PM »
Metallica - I never gave them a chance back in the day. I was on the Winger side of the debate. A played MoP after joining this site and realised what a great album it is.

Steven Wilson - I’ve given him the odd listen over the years but recently I’ve been really enjoying his stuff.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 05:03:27 PM »
Helloween and Stratovarius.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 08:32:38 PM »
Jackson Browne. Late for the Sky is a wonderful album.

Recently, Phoebe Bridgers and HAIM, and Lana Del Rey are three acts that I discovered this year and last. Phoebe has great songs and is a creative songwriter, and same goes for Lana. She tells such great stories through her songs—Lovesong and Mariner’s Apartment Complex off Norman Fucking Rockwell are what first got me into her, still need to check out her last album. HAIM just kicks ass, three sisters who are multi-instrumentalists and put on a great live show.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2021, 09:31:30 PM »

I am glad you broke it down that way. I was going to post something similar, but you did it better than I would have. I didn't think about III, so not sure who might fall in to that category. I was going to discount II, since that is more a matter of time/circumstance, and many bands I listen to fall in to this group. Category I is the most intriguing to me. The biggest one for me would be Iron Maiden. When I was growing up, I was only slightly in to metal - early Def Leppard was about as metal as I got. For whatever reason I lumped Maiden in with Metallica and similar bands I couldn't stand. Years later when I get more in to metal, I always discounted them as one of those bands. I bought one of their greatest hits CDs on a whim, recognized some songs I liked, and maybe subconsciously knew were Maiden songs, and loved the entire album. They've been a top band of mine ever since.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2021, 09:53:41 AM »
For me it’s gotta be Alice In Chains. I basically ignored 90’s grunge era, ending up throwing out the baby with the bath water when it came to AiC.

Glad to have backtracked and discovered this band. Their melodic and harmonic sense is so unique, sounding like music formed out of some sort of primordial goop. I also surveyed others like Soundgarden, but AiC is the only one of this era to stick with me.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline Dedalus

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2021, 10:25:23 PM »
Very cool theme.

I'm finally on my Marillion trip!

I revisited the Fish era. Misplaced Childhood is a classic and excellent and yadda yadda yadda, but my biggest fun this time was with Script for a Jester's Tear, wonderful!

And you're right, Seasons End is an excellent record.

Next stop: Holidays in Eden (apparently pop?)

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2021, 10:33:36 PM »
Couldn't even begin to. Probably just about every new artist (to me) from the time I joined MP's board however many years ago (2003, maybe earlier). As someone that does not listen to the radio or stream, I only discover via word of mouth or sheer boredom just reading music news sites or just checking out random catalogs on the internet via samples.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online Trav86

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2021, 10:37:42 PM »
King Crimson-2020

It wasn’t that I hadn’t heard anything before, I just never gave them a fair shake. When I noticed all of their stuff was finally on Spotify, I tried again. I put on a good set of headphones and laid back on a lazy weekend. I went through everything up through the 80s. Then kept going back over the next couple of weeks. I found that I really loved the first three albums, which surprised me given my Tony Levin/Bill Bruford love.
Can't we find the minds
to lead us closer to the heart?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2021, 10:46:56 PM »
As far as more current bands: 
-Maiden:  They have to be my #1.  Didn't get into them until the Final Frontier album cycle (and pretty late at that, since En Vivo! was already out).  I like a fair amount of the classic era (NOTB - SiT) and the reunion era.  Don't much care for most of what I've heard that doesn't fit those.  But I LOVE a lot of what does fit into those.
-Fates Warning:  The thing is, I just don't like a whole lot of their pre-X material.  At least, not the studio recordings.  I do quite enjoy some live renditions of a lot of that earlier stuff.  But from X on, they really are one of my current favorite artists. 
-King's X:  Didn't get into them until I saw them open for DT on the co-headlining tour with Satch.  I have almost all of their albums, and like them quite a bit.
-Neal Morse:  Not super late, unless you count Spock's.  But the Spock's material never did much for me anyway.  Got into Neal a bit before Sola Scriptura came out.  He's been one of my faves since then.

And a lot of '60s and '70s rock artists.  I hated that stuff when I was getting into rock in the '80s.  The earlier stuff just never sounded right to me, and it has taken me awhile to appreciate the influence a lot of those bands had on bands that I like.  A lot of that, interestingly enough, has come because of covers albums, where I'll hear a band I like covering something, and then go check out the original.  Floyd was probably the first of those early bands for me.  Got into them in the early '90s.  They are still hit and miss for me, so I've never felt the urge to be a completist (I still need to buy Animals and The Wall), but I really like a lot of their material. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline jammindude

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2021, 10:51:56 PM »
I feel like we’ve done this before. But it’s definitely IQ for me.

I didn’t discover them until 2014, and they’ve been around since the early 80s.

They are now tied with Haken as my #3 all time favorite band, and they are the only band I can think of with a 40 year career (almost) and literally *ZERO* bad albums.  Even though I rate Rush and Dream Theater higher, each of them have at least one stinker.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline HOF

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2021, 11:07:26 PM »

I'm finally on my Marillion trip!

I revisited the Fish era. Misplaced Childhood is a classic and excellent and yadda yadda yadda, but my biggest fun this time was with Script for a Jester's Tear, wonderful!

And you're right, Seasons End is an excellent record.

Next stop: Holidays in Eden (apparently pop?)

Awesome! Holidays in Eden was definitely the band trying out a more pop oriented style, but still has a decent amount of prog and has come to be an album I really enjoy for what it is. If it doesn’t do anything for you, don’t give up because the next two, Brave and Afraid of Sunlight, are masterpieces.

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2021, 05:33:51 AM »
Pink Floyd.

A large part of this is that most, if not all, of my exposure to them for the longest time was material from The Wall and I don't like the bulk of The Wall (and absolutely none of The Final Cut). It was only really after I heard Ayreon's The Dream Sequencer, probably around 2004/5, that I made an effort to delve into more of their catalogue.

I'm still not a huge fan, mind. They were a classic "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" band - the more Roger Waters took over the songwriting the less I liked them and whilst I much prefer the two albums after he left to The Final Cut, there's a sense of them being rather neutered without the edge Waters provided.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 05:39:47 AM by Cruithne »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2021, 06:39:08 AM »
A lot of bands :lol.

I think my biggest one would be Rush. I've known about them forever but didn't check them out until Snakes and Arrows came out and I feel in love.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2021, 11:26:45 AM »
A lot, really.

Biggest one is probably King Crimson, although not necessarily for lack of trying.  First couple of times I tried with them, I just couldn't get them.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.