Author Topic: ALDIOUS  (Read 410 times)

Offline PetFish

ALDIOUS
« on: March 28, 2021, 12:22:55 AM »
NEW SINGER!  NEW SONG!  NEW THREAD!

New video for SHOW DOWN:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS9gWmp6e_E&list=RDrS9gWmp6e_E&start_radio=1

Nice and heavy in an Amaranthe-y kind of way.

I'm loving R!N so far.  She was great in the NAAM show last year in their 30-minute set.  Even though Re:NO was great in her own way as a frontman and songwriter, her vocals were definitely weak.  No vibrato or power but R!N has plenty of both.  She's also fluent in English so maybe they'll do more of that. 

Yoshi is using a 7-string now but Toki isn't.  Seems weird.  Only one guitar can chunk away lower than E so what does the other guitar do?  Should both be using the same, unless the other guitar tunes down to drop-B but then just use a 7-string.  Meh.

Offline PetFish

Re: ALDIOUS
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 10:04:14 PM »
NEW SINGER IS LEAVING!

Man, this sucks, I really love R!N's voice and really wanted to hear where they can go with someone who has so much power and technique.

Apparently she's having mental health issues and is stepping aside.  That's all we know so far.

I dunno what it is with this band and singers and the last few years have barely put anything out.  They should be way bigger than they are.

Dammit.