Author Topic: The worst experience of my life  (Read 7578 times)

Offline faizoff

Re: The worst experience of my life
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2021, 08:09:34 PM »
Awful to read about the experience, thankfully you guys are safe. Hope things work out for you and your family!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2021, 08:56:05 PM »
I pitched in...wait for it...$21.12.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2021, 09:09:44 PM »
I pitched in 50 bucks.  Was actually $67 for me though with the blasted conversion rate, but considering the situation, that's a non issue.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline SwedishGoose

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2021, 12:32:08 AM »
I did $25

250 SEK so I guess about the same. But I was too quick and used the old email. Hope you got hold of them now MR.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2021, 07:31:29 AM »
Update for those that want to know

:metal

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2021, 08:16:28 AM »
Jorje, so sorry you had to go through this, my friend.  And sorry I saw this so late.  I am glad the forum stepped up to show you that you are never alone when going through something like this.  When things hit the fan, it's awesome to know we can be here for each other.  Please keep us updated if there is anything else you need.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2021, 09:04:31 AM »
Jorje, so sorry you had to go through this, my friend.  And sorry I saw this so late.  I am glad the forum stepped up to show you that you are never alone when going through something like this.  When things hit the fan, it's awesome to know we can be here for each other.  Please keep us updated if there is anything else you need.

This is such a huge lesson of humbleness for me bosk1, my wife was telling me this morning how grateful she is with you all for doing this with us. I'll surely keep you all updated.

Check your PM I sent you something.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2021, 09:05:41 AM »

Check your PM too bud.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2021, 09:32:51 AM »
I sent you $58 (nuggetz!).
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2021, 09:49:32 AM »
I sent you $58 (nuggetz!).

Check your PM

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2021, 02:48:50 PM »
Today around 2 pm, I went to the bank with my younger son (4 years old).
I had to withdraw the money to pay for rent, service bills and then go and get supplies for the month around $1000 USD in total. We left the bank and my son asked me to go to a public park that is near the bank before going to get supplies, I agreed and walked there, there weren't many people in the park, in fact, it was my kid, myself, and a young couple sitting in a bench about 30 feet to where we were and no more. My kid was playing when suddenly two guys approached me and ask me for some coins, and I said OK, hold on, and then as I am putting my hand in the pocket for some change one of them tells me, hey, no coins, we want all the money you withdrew from the bank, don't scream, don't run, or we take your son, there's a car in the corner waiting for us, I glanced over the corner and there was, in fact, a car in the corner with the doors open and the engine started, I tried to reasoned with them and tell them it was all the money I had for the month, for rent and as I tried to do that one of the guys showed me a gun and said, to much talking all the money or it's gonna get ugly, while he was doing this the other guy got his hands on my pocket, he took the phone, my wallet, he checked if there was money there and punched me in the stomach so heavily that I folded immediately, and they ran away got in the car and disappeared.
I took a deep breath, asked the young couple if they had a phone to call the police and they borrowed me their phone, I called the police and in about 30 mins they arrived took my declaration the other police interviewed the couple there, they asked me to go to the station where they will take my declaration again, one of the officers told me that that park has seen an increase of similar cases, I asked them why they are not patrolling the site more frequently and he told me there aren't many officers to cover all the city. After they took y declaration again and after I gave them the best description of the guys and the car, they said they will investigate, will try to get an order to watch the videos in the bank to see if they can see the guys inside the bank as per my description, but that it could also be that someone inside the bank alerted them and if that's the case then it's going to be very difficult to get those guys.
I just spoke with my landlord to gave me some weeks to come with payment, she agreed and told me she can wait.
I am still in shock, I'm angry about what happened, but I am glad my son is OK, I would have gone crazy if they have taken him. I have too many mixed emotions. It seems it's time again to leave Peru and go somewhere else.

I am so sorry  that is simply terrible   I hope you are better today
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2021, 04:22:55 PM »

Thank bud, yes, we are better today. As I told bosk1 this morning through PM, my son keeps asking me every day when are we riding on a police car again LOL. As we were taken from the park to the police station in their car.

I also am doing good, I think the worst part more than a punch in my stomach and the goods/money they took was that they threaten my son and myself, but I am grateful that nothing happened to us, and that we are together. I am beyond words thankful to all of you here at DTF that came to help us financially, and also the words you have given us, the bible verses that have shared through PMs, and now knowing that we are more than a music community, that can help each other in every situation, that's really rewarding, and I won't forget any one of you.

Thank you very, VERY much!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2021, 04:57:57 PM »

Thank bud, yes, we are better today. As I told bosk1 this morning through PM, my son keeps asking me every day when are we riding on a police car again LOL. As we were taken from the park to the police station in their car.

I also am doing good, I think the worst part more than a punch in my stomach and the goods/money they took was that they threaten my son and myself, but I am grateful that nothing happened to us, and that we are together. I am beyond words thankful to all of you here at DTF that came to help us financially, and also the words you have given us, the bible verses that have shared through PMs, and now knowing that we are more than a music community, that can help each other in every situation, that's really rewarding, and I won't forget any one of you.

This is why DTF is the best place on the internet.  :yarr

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2021, 06:03:29 PM »

This is why DTF is the best place on the internet.  :yarr
Agreed! Makes me proud to know so many of us helped, not only financially, but with kind words. It's a great little community we have here. :tup
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2021, 08:56:46 PM »

Check your PM too bud.

You are the man!  :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2021, 08:57:50 PM »

Glad you are recovering mate.  And no problems.  Anything else you need, we are here.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2021, 08:58:08 PM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2021, 10:33:51 PM »
And Eric is the man for getting the fundraising jumpstarted.  Way to go, man!  :tup
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2021, 12:43:05 AM »
Oh man, that sounds like such an utterly horrible and terrifying experience. To threaten someone's small child like that, even if they had no intention of following through with it (which is possible), is do despicable I can't even put it into words. The anger you were feeling is completely the right reaction. But I'm so glad you're all safe.

I'll send a little your way too.

Also, you've probably considered this already but you should really try to minimise how much you pay with cash and therefore need to carry it around. Especially ongoing regular payments like rent, I imagine some landlords like cash because it helps them get away with not paying their full taxes, but bank transfers are a much safer and more reliable way to do it. I'm not in any way blaming you for what happened, to be clear! Just trying to think of things you could do to try and minimise the risk of this happening again.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2021, 04:35:33 AM »
And Eric is the man for getting the fundraising jumpstarted.  Way to go, man!  :tup

Well TY Bosk.  Amazing to see everyone pull together and make MR whole, at least financially.  Way to go DTF!
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2021, 05:04:49 AM »
OMG... like someone else mentioned, this sad situation illustrates both the worst, and best of our fellow human beings.  Sending something to paypal...

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2021, 06:50:41 AM »
Oh man, that sounds like such an utterly horrible and terrifying experience. To threaten someone's small child like that, even if they had no intention of following through with it (which is possible), is do despicable I can't even put it into words. The anger you were feeling is completely the right reaction. But I'm so glad you're all safe.

I'll send a little your way too.

Also, you've probably considered this already but you should really try to minimise how much you pay with cash and therefore need to carry it around. Especially ongoing regular payments like rent, I imagine some landlords like cash because it helps them get away with not paying their full taxes, but bank transfers are a much safer and more reliable way to do it. I'm not in any way blaming you for what happened, to be clear! Just trying to think of things you could do to try and minimise the risk of this happening again.

Yes, the thing is that here in Peru, there's a new law in place since January, that the banks are forced to notify the finance department (SUNAT) I think SUNAT is what is the IRS in the USA. If the banks' accounts have movements superior to 10.000 USD each month, my landlord/landlady (they are a couple) urged all the people here in the building to start paying ONLY in cash to avoid their bank notifying SUNAT of the movements in their bank account and avoiding paying taxes on that money.

What I told my wife is that we can make small withdraws every other day until we complete the rent. And we are going to do the same for the other expenses, the thing is that if we exchange the money through the bank exchange platform they usually pay a not so good exchange rate, and the exchanges located in the malls pay a better rate when exchanging from USD to Soles (the official currency here).

But we are already thinking of ways to minimize the risks. Thanks for your advice, and thanks for your contribution.

Check your PM

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2021, 06:51:24 AM »
OMG... like someone else mentioned, this sad situation illustrates both the worst, and best of our fellow human beings.  Sending something to paypal...

Thank you CrimsonSunrise, check your PM

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2021, 06:53:54 AM »

He is the man indeed.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2021, 09:33:51 AM »
I almost never carry cash around with me anymore, for many reasons, but it sucks if you don't really have that option.  Dealing with cash can be troublesome IMO.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2021, 03:32:09 PM »
I caught my wife crying this morning and I asked her what was happening and she said she was crying because she was so grateful for all you did for us, and how you all coming together to help will allow us to not struggle with debt and late payments of our rent, bills, and actually having money to get groceries and a bit more.

Guys, I want to express my gratitude to you all, both of my kids said a prayer for you all last night before going to bed.

We are in debt with you all.

Thank you!  :hefdaddy

P.S: For some reason PayPal put some of the funds on hold, I contacted them and asked how to resolve that and get the funds released and they said the sender must go to summary of transaction and then CONFIRM RECEIPT, it should be a button like this:

The 4 transactions on hold are from:

ProfessorPeart
KirksNoseHair
gmillerdrake
Wolfking

I will contact you guys through PM too in case you don't see this message.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:17:50 AM by MinistroRaven »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2021, 04:15:17 PM »
All done mate.  Let me know if there are any more issues. 

Glad we can all make you and your wife so happy.  If we've taken the pressure off you then mission accomplished.  :tup

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2021, 04:26:36 PM »

Glad we can all make you and your wife so happy.  If we've taken the pressure off you then mission accomplished.  :tup

All good on my end too and agreed with everything wolf said. Check your PM.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2021, 04:33:08 PM »

All good on my end too and agreed with everything wolf said. Check your PM.

Same.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2021, 04:34:23 PM »
Was that $282 on hold included in the $1017?  I'm guessing not by the looks of it.  Amazing if we've raised $1300!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2021, 04:36:32 PM »
Was that $282 on hold included in the $1017?  I'm guessing not by the looks of it.  Amazing if we've raised $1300!

No, it wasn't included there, the total is close to $1300 USD (by a few cents)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2021, 04:37:27 PM »
Outstanding!!  :metal

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2021, 05:38:06 PM »
That's amazing! Glad I was able to help.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2021, 05:43:57 PM »
Happy there's at least a little sunlight for MR, and, honestly, proud as hell to be associated with a group of people like this.   Seriously.

(Where's the clap emoji!!!)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2021, 05:54:47 PM »
DTF  :heart