Author Topic: Albums where all tracks are GREAT?  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
Re: Albums where all tracks are GREAT?
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2021, 02:27:15 PM »
As much as I love The Beatles, I can't get on board with Rubber Soul. I love the album, and it has some of my favourite Beatles songs. But it unfortunately has Run For Your Life, which lyrically has to be one of the worst Beatles songs. It's actually uncomfortable to listen to and in light of what's in the news here in the UK at the moment, it was never a good message to be sending out.

Honestly, I had never thought of it like that and I don't think the song's lyrics should be taken too seriously. To me, it's all tongue-in-cheek nonsense; the happy melodies kind of give away that it's a parody. The vocal harmonies in the chorus are awesome, it has that proto-rock guitar solo in the middle eight and it's a nice closer to the album. Would it have been better without? I don't know. I love Rubber Soul as it is.

Right, I could also say The White Album, but then someone will come along to say that Wild Honey Pie or Revolution 9 sucks. Revolver is a good contender too, but I don't really like Love You To or Doctor Robert, so let's just go with Sgt. Peppers instead, deal?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2021, 02:30:20 PM »
Abbey Road is the most obvious Beatles album where every song is great. 

The portion of the fanbase that hates on Maxwell's Silver Hammer can go jump in a lake. :coolio :coolio

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2021, 02:45:35 PM »
Boston - Boston
Rush - Moving Pictures
Those are the first two that came to my mind. Literally in that order.  :tup

Yeah, but "Let Me Take You Home Tonight" and "Vital Signs".    :tdwn

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2021, 02:46:43 PM »

The Who - Who's Next

My Wife and Going Mobile are great songs?

Yeah, maybe not. But My Wife was in their setlist frequently, so either their thought highly of it, thought the fans did, or it was a sop to John.

My Wife is absolutely a great song!  Going Mobile not so much

This.

Offline Dave_Manchester

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2021, 02:47:15 PM »
Mark Knopfler - Sailing To Philadelphia
Very nearly included this but Baloney Again and Do America are tunes I've never really taken to. The rest is stellar though.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2021, 02:47:21 PM »

Rush - Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures (I really wanted to include AFTK, but I just can't call Madrigal "great")

From Permanent Waves, Entre Nous and Different Strings are GREAT songs?

Yes.  Objectively.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2021, 02:57:41 PM »
Rush - Hemispheres
Yes - Going For The One
Marillion - Clutching At Straws
Billy Squier - Don't Say No
The Cars - The Cars
Asia - Self-titled
Led Zeppelin - IV
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Genesis - Wind And Withering (though this is close, because of "Your Own Special Way")

It hurts me to not have one Kiss record on here; Hotter Than Hell and Sonic Boom are the closest, though.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2021, 03:06:09 PM »
Phew. Difficult one. Even my two favourite albums of all time have at least one track not at the level of the others (Under A Glass Moon and Operation Mindcrime‘S title track). I’ll have to think about it.

I’ll never understand why people find fault with UAGM.

I’m not saying it’s bad. It just doesn’t stand up to the other tracks for me.

Offline WildRanger

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2021, 03:08:46 PM »
The Cars - The Cars

I'm in Touch with Your World and Don't Cha Stop are GREAT songs? I don't think so.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2021, 03:13:10 PM »

Rush - Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures (I really wanted to include AFTK, but I just can't call Madrigal "great")

Yes.  Yes they are (although I'll concede that Different Strings might be borderline).

Entre Nous and Different Strings are, but Jacob’s Ladder is a little dodgy. ;-)

If, by "dodgy," you mean a top 20 Rush track that is vastly better than every song on Power Windows, then I agree.

Marathon vs. Entre Nous?
Marathon vs. Different Strings?

In both cases I vastly prefer Marathon.

The "vastly better than every song on Power Windows" comment related to Jacob's Ladder.

I think I would go with Entre Nous > Marathon > Different Strings.

Phew. Difficult one. Even my two favourite albums of all time have at least one track not at the level of the others (Under A Glass Moon and Operation Mindcrime‘S title track). I’ll have to think about it.

I’ll never understand why people find fault with UAGM.

I’m not saying it’s bad. It just doesn’t stand up to the other tracks for me.

Same.  I don't know why, and I'm not sure I could articulate any particular fault, but it's never really done anything for me.

The Cars - The Cars

I'm in Touch with Your World and Don't Cha Stop are GREAT songs? I don't think so.

That's why it's on Stadler's list and not yours.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2021, 03:14:31 PM »
The Cars - The Cars

Then you are in the minority.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2021, 03:24:13 PM »
As much as I love The Beatles, I can't get on board with Rubber Soul. I love the album, and it has some of my favourite Beatles songs. But it unfortunately has Run For Your Life, which lyrically has to be one of the worst Beatles songs. It's actually uncomfortable to listen to and in light of what's in the news here in the UK at the moment, it was never a good message to be sending out.

Honestly, I had never thought of it like that and I don't think the song's lyrics should be taken too seriously. To me, it's all tongue-in-cheek nonsense; the happy melodies kind of give away that it's a parody. The vocal harmonies in the chorus are awesome, it has that proto-rock guitar solo in the middle eight and it's a nice closer to the album. Would it have been better without? I don't know. I love Rubber Soul as it is.

Right, I could also say The White Album, but then someone will come along to say that Wild Honey Pie or Revolution 9 sucks. Revolver is a good contender too, but I don't really like Love You To or Doctor Robert, so let's just go with Sgt. Peppers instead, deal?

Well, Lennon was a self confessed woman abuser, so I don't think it can really be passed off as tongue in cheek. I can't really listen to it without just wanting to skip it.

The only two Beatles albums that come close to a perfect track list for me, are Revolver and Abbey Road, but they still fall short for me, unfortunately.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2021, 03:45:38 PM »

I can't help but think that the only reason you made this thread was so that you could scoff at other people's suggestions, especially since you didn't even give an answer to the thread yourself.

Prove me otherwise.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline HOF

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2021, 03:55:00 PM »
Genesis - Wind And Withering (though this is close, because of "Your Own Special Way")

The only thing that holds me back on Clutching at Straws is Torch Song, which is fine in the context of the album but kind of uninteresting otherwise.

Genesis, I tried to come up with one that had no songs I didn’t love. You’re Own Special Way is a song I’ve always thought was a little unfairly slagged. But I don’t know that I’d call it great. Otherwise W&W would qualify I think. I almost said Duke, but I got hung up on Misunderstanding. I really do like that song too. Is it a great song? I’m not sure. Trick of the Tail is undone by Robbery Assault and Battery. Foxtrot has Timetables and Horizons (a bit of a snooze). Selling England has Epping Forest. I might actually say all the songs on Nursery Cryme are great, but not sure about Harold the Barrel (I do love For Absent Friends and Harlequin).

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2021, 03:56:38 PM »
Fates Warning - Parallels

This is one that keeps popping into my mind for this thread.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2021, 04:52:37 PM »

I can't help but think that the only reason you made this thread was so that you could scoff at other people's suggestions, especially since you didn't even give an answer to the thread yourself.

Prove me otherwise.

Well said.  I was starting to think the same thing.

WR...you understand that this is all subjective, don't you?  I could go through the thread and find albums that I don't think are great and just say, "____ song is great?  No way!"  If it's "great" to the person who says it, then that's all that matters, and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference that you have a different opinion.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2021, 05:00:46 PM »
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
King Diamond - Abigail
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality. Almost picked paranoid but I've never been the biggest fan of Planet Caravan
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and death. Been awhile since I've listened to this one in full but I don't remember any weak links.
Alice Cooper - From the Inside
Alice Cooper - Dada. This one has become one of my personal favorite Alice albums.
Opeth - Still Life
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
Lizzy Borden - Master of Disguise

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Fates Warning - APSOG. Not sure if this would've counted as it's technically one song but in separate parts but I've accidentally listened to this one all the way through more than once.

Rainbow - Rising. One of my favorite albums of all time but I don't know if "Do You Close Your Eyes" will ever grow on me.

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2021, 06:48:26 PM »

The only thing that holds me back on Clutching at Straws is Torch Song, which is fine in the context of the album but kind of uninteresting otherwise.

Genesis, I tried to come up with one that had no songs I didn’t love. You’re Own Special Way is a song I’ve always thought was a little unfairly slagged. But I don’t know that I’d call it great. Otherwise W&W would qualify I think. I almost said Duke, but I got hung up on Misunderstanding. I really do like that song too. Is it a great song? I’m not sure. Trick of the Tail is undone by Robbery Assault and Battery. Foxtrot has Timetables and Horizons (a bit of a snooze). Selling England has Epping Forest. I might actually say all the songs on Nursery Cryme are great, but not sure about Harold the Barrel (I do love For Absent Friends and Harlequin).

Well, maybe I'm interpreting "great" different; everything is relative, of course, but while I would never put "Your Own Special Way" or "Don't Cha Stop" on my top 20 lists for those bands, I recognize them for what they are:  well-crafted songs that fit nicely on the record and whether I like them as much as the best song by them, no, but they're still good, not filler, and I don't skip them. 

Two Three Four more:
The Beatles - Abbey Road
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
AC/DC - For Those About To Rock
Jane's Addition - Ritual de lo Habitual

Offline HOF

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2021, 07:07:29 PM »

Well, maybe I'm interpreting "great" different; everything is relative, of course, but while I would never put "Your Own Special Way" or "Don't Cha Stop" on my top 20 lists for those bands, I recognize them for what they are:  well-crafted songs that fit nicely on the record and whether I like them as much as the best song by them, no, but they're still good, not filler, and I don't skip them. 

Oh, I’m being totally subjective. Just kind of asking myself is that a song that I really enjoy or that I can really appreciate the artistry as something significant.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2021, 07:11:58 PM »
Pyromania.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2021, 08:17:17 PM »
Thin Lizzy - JAILBREAK
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2021, 08:25:39 PM »
Fates Warning - APSOG. Not sure if this would've counted as it's technically one song but in separate parts but I've accidentally listened to this one all the way through more than once.

Rainbow - Rising. One of my favorite albums of all time but I don't know if "Do You Close Your Eyes" will ever grow on me.

I thought about both of these albums also, but Do You Close Your Eyes is anything but "great."  And I'd have included APSOG if it said "song" instead of "track."  I'd say everything on APSOG is great except X, which really should be part of XI.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2021, 08:52:41 PM »
Abbey Road is the most obvious Beatles album where every song is great. 

The portion of the fanbase that hates on Maxwell's Silver Hammer can go jump in a lake. :coolio :coolio

all Beatles albums   period
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2021, 11:02:15 PM »
I'm not sure if people are replying with the idea of this topic.

What I think of, are albums that have track lists where you love every track, and honestly, it's not about having longer or progressive songs.

It's actually about concise, accessible tunes. Because then I may as well just include every perfect 5-star album that to me, no track NEEDS TO BE CHANGED AS IT WORKS PERFECTLY ON OR WITHIN THE ALBUM.

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
The Beatles - Abbey Road (1969)
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (1972)
Genesis - Foxtrot (1972)
Yes - Yessongs (1973)
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play (1973)
Genesis - Selling England by the Pound (1973)
Jerry Goodman and Jan Hammer - Like Children (1974)
Yes - Relayer (1974)
Queen - A Night at the Opera (1975)
Jack Lancaster and Robin Lumley - Marscape (1976)
Return to Forever - Romantic Warrior (1976)
Pink Floyd - Animals (1977)
Rush - A Farewell to Kings (1977)
Rush - Hemispheres (1978)
Yes - Drama (1980)
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (1985)
Marillion - Clutching at Straws (1987)
King's X - Gretchen Goes to Nebraska (1989)
Toy Matinee - Toy Matinee (1990)
Dream Theater - Images and Words (1992)
Jellyfish - Spilt Milk (1993)
Galactic Cowboys - Space in Your Face (1993)
Marillion - Brave (1994)
Dream Theater - Awake (1994)
Kevin Gilbert - Thud (1995)
Marillion - Afraid of Sunlight (1995)
Angra - Holy Land (1996)
Soundscape - Discovery (1997)
Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Gray (1997)
Kevin Gilbert - The Shaming of the True (2000)
Call Florence Pow - These Are the Plans (2000)
Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element I (2000)
Ours - Distorted Lullabies (2001)
maudlin of the Well - Bath (2001)
maudlin of the Well - Leaving Your Body Map (2001)
Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever (2001)
Call Florence Pow - The Strange Situation (2002)
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane (2002)
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (2002)
dredg - El Cielo (2002)
John Arch - A Twist of Fate (2003)
Menomena - I Am the Fun Blame Monster (2003)
Marillion - Marbles (2004)
The Receiving End of Sirens - Between the Heart and the Synapse (2005)
Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (2005)
Kaddisfly - Set Sail the Prairie (2007)
The Dear Hunter - Act II: The Meaning of, and All Things Regarding Ms. Leading (2007)
Between the Buried and Me - Colors (2007)
Apes and Androids - Blood Moon (2008)
Ours - Mercy (Dancing for the Death of an Imaginary Enemy) (2008)
Bend Sinister - Stories of Brothers, Tales of Lovers (2008)
The Stiletto Formal - ¡Fiesta, Fiesta, Fiesta, Fiesta! (2008)
Soundscape - Grave New World (2009)
The River Empires - The River Empires (Epilogue) (2010)
Hotel of the Laughing Tree - Terror and Everything After (2011)
The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum: The Complete Collection (2011)
Pepe Deluxé - Queen of the Wave (2012)
Small Leaks Sink Ships - Face Yourself, and Remove Your Sandals (2015)

Offline The Realm

« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2021, 11:22:58 PM »
Nice - I like how you included John Arch - A Twist of Fate, it is only 2 tracks! But I agree they are both great.

I guess under that methodology I will include, Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2021, 05:49:54 AM »
On that list, I would absolutely agree with Jellyfish- Spilt Milk
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online WardySI

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2021, 06:15:13 AM »
Some of these not already mentioned and clearly agree with those that have been, the first lot that came to mind and all subjective of course ;)

BADLANDS Debut
CHARON The Dying Daylights
QUEENSRYCHE Operation Mindcrime
SOUNDGARDEN Badmotorfinger
DREAM THEATER Images And Words
BLACK SABBATH Heaven & Hell
BRUCE DICKINSON Accident Of Birth
FATES WARNING Parallels
SAXON Unleash The Beast
POWDERFINGER Double Allergic
THE CULT Beyond Good And Evil
CIRCLE II CIRCLE Burden Of Truth
BLAZE Silicon Messiah

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2021, 08:04:56 AM »
Mark Knopfler - Sailing To Philadelphia
Very nearly included this but Baloney Again and Do America are tunes I've never really taken to. The rest is stellar though.

Do America is not included on the "international" version of the album. It has Silvertown as track 6 and One More Matinee after Sands Of Nevada as the closer. And with this tracklist, I'd say this album is absolutely perfect.
Baloney Again is amazing with its eery yet cool atmosphere and the Hammond organ that sounds like crickets at night. Combined with Knopfler's one of a kind commenting guitar. Beautifully arranged.
any rock can be made to roll

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2021, 08:26:24 AM »
Didn't see mentioned so far the glorious IMAGINATIONS FROM THE OTHER SIDE by Blind Guardian  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2021, 12:44:21 PM »
Dream Theater - Images & Words
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast, Power Slave, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Foreigner - Foreigner
Styx - The Grand Illusion, Paradise Theater
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny, Firepower
Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever
Spock's Beard - The Light, The Kindness of Strangers
Pain of Salvation - Entropia, One Hour By The Concrete Lake, Remedy Lane
Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle
Beyond The Bridge - The Old Man and the Spirit
Fates Warning - FWX, Disconnected
Kametlot - The Black Halo
Kansas - Leftoverture
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Opeth - Ghost Reveries, Pale Communion
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
Redemption - The Fullness of Time, The Art of Loss
Savatage - Dead Winter Dead
Saxon - Power and the Glory
Serenity - Death & Legacy, Falley Sanctuary
Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite, The Oddysey
The Tangent - A Spark in the Aether

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2021, 01:08:23 PM »
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast, Power Slave, Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Foreigner - Foreigner
Kansas - Leftoverture
Megadeth - Rust In Peace

FIREPOWER   was so great  I agree

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2021, 02:15:53 PM »
Came here in echo the sentiments about Transatlantic's Bridge Across Forever, as well as The Whirlwind. I've been deep into TA lately since the release of The Absolute Universe, and while I love the new album a lot, their 2nd and 3rd albums are pretty perfect in my eyes/ears.

As for other bands, I'd say for Rush, I'd say that Moving Pictures is the typical answer, but I'll also say Power Windows (maybe I am biased? :lol ), but other than those two, I'd say Hemispheres is pretty close as well.

Dream Theater's Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence is my first pick, but I'd also say Images & Words fits the bill as well. Every other album of theirs has at least one track that is slightly-less-than-great for me.

Going through my other favorite bands, I'd say Spock's Beard's Beware Of Darkness is great through and through, as well as X.
Big Big Train's The Underfall Yard is pretty great, though I'd also say English Electric Full Power is up there, I cannot think of a single less-than-great track on that double album.
And speaking of double albums, I'm tempted to say one of my favorite TFK albums would fit here, but I feel like each of them has at least a couple tracks that aren't so great, though if one was close, I'd say it would be Stardust We Are. It works best as a whole, but going at it track by track in isolation, there may be a couple tracks that aren't so great, but the album flows together so well.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2021, 02:19:14 PM »
Foreigner - Foreigner
Kansas - Leftoverture
Megadeth - Rust In Peace

FIREPOWER   was so great  I agree

I still can't believe how solid that album is.  I'd put it up against ANY Judas Priest album from ANY era of the group.  I know they're not going to tour anymore except for the occasional show here and there but I think I heard some rumors of another new album on the horizon.

Offline HOF

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2021, 02:27:07 PM »
Came here in echo the sentiments about Transatlantic's Bridge Across Forever, as well as The Whirlwind. I've been deep into TA lately since the release of The Absolute Universe, and while I love the new album a lot, their 2nd and 3rd albums are pretty perfect in my eyes/ears.

As for other bands, I'd say for Rush, I'd say that Moving Pictures is the typical answer, but I'll also say Power Windows (maybe I am biased? :lol ), but other than those two, I'd say Hemispheres is pretty close as well.

Dream Theater's Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence is my first pick, but I'd also say Images & Words fits the bill as well. Every other album of theirs has at least one track that is slightly-less-than-great for me.

Going through my other favorite bands, I'd say Spock's Beard's Beware Of Darkness is great through and through, as well as X.
Big Big Train's The Underfall Yard is pretty great, though I'd also say English Electric Full Power is up there, I cannot think of a single less-than-great track on that double album.
And speaking of double albums, I'm tempted to say one of my favorite TFK albums would fit here, but I feel like each of them has at least a couple tracks that aren't so great, though if one was close, I'd say it would be Stardust We Are. It works best as a whole, but going at it track by track in isolation, there may be a couple tracks that aren't so great, but the album flows together so well.

-Marc.

I don’t think there’s a bad song on The Underfall Yard through English Electric Full Power (Far Skies Deep Time included). Some maybe I don’t love as much as others but all really good to great.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2021, 02:33:08 PM »

-Marc.

I don’t think there’s a bad song on The Underfall Yard through English Electric Full Power (Far Skies Deep Time included). Some maybe I don’t love as much as others but all really good to great.

Good call on FSDT, especially if you include BOTH "Master Of Time" and "Kingmaker", both flawless tracks IMO. The trilogy of TUY - FSDT - EEFP is one of the best runs of albums by any band I've heard in the last 20 years. The follow-up with Folklore - Grimspound - The Second Brightest Star is pretty good, too, but there are a few tracks among those albums that are a bit less-than-great for me. I guess having discovered BBT round the English Electric albums kind of biased my opion of that era of their music, but there highest highs of the albums since then are some of the best songs they've ever produced ("A Mead Hall In Winter", "Winkie", "Brave Captain", "Brooklands Sequence").

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!