Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)  (Read 72013 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)
« Reply #1015 on: September 10, 2022, 01:19:23 PM »
Feige says no new Fantastic 4 news today  :-[

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1016 on: September 10, 2022, 01:22:17 PM »
Feige says no new Fantastic 4 news today  :-[

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1568677649048018944?t=2Ex7MTntjLi0haEU-XYeHw&s=19

Matt Shakman is confirmed as the director for FF.

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1568676129682374657?t=0r7yoGchwGoC1coNp3_mag&s=19

Armor Wars is still confirmed to be coming, starring Don Cheadle.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1017 on: September 10, 2022, 02:05:39 PM »
Yeah, saw that after I posted.

Did get the Thunderbolts though!!

Val, Ghost, Red Guardian, Yelena, Bucky, US Agent, Taskmaster

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1018 on: September 10, 2022, 02:09:25 PM »

That one’s gonna be tough. They can either try to make it like The Suicide Squad and fail miserably or they can go in a very different direction. So I’d be curious what tone they go for. Either way, a lot of potential to be amazing or a complete failure.

Or I guess to be boring and dull.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1019 on: September 10, 2022, 02:17:48 PM »

That one’s gonna be tough. They can either try to make it like The Suicide Squad and fail miserably or they can go in a very different direction. So I’d be curious what tone they go for. Either way, a lot of potential to be amazing or a complete failure.

Curious to see what preliminary efforts will be made to maneuver them together, or if it'll just be a shit show mash-up of storytelling like Eternals.

Online Adami

« Reply #1020 on: September 10, 2022, 02:33:10 PM »
Also looks like we’re finally getting The Leader in New World Order.

Still hoping for a full BP II trailer in the next few weeks.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1021 on: September 10, 2022, 03:12:45 PM »

Curious to see what preliminary efforts will be made to maneuver them together, or if it'll just be a shit show mash-up of storytelling like Eternals.

Even if there is a fairly simple maneuvering together, the major difference is that we already have varying degrees of backstory for these characters, so it is a lot easier to care. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1022 on: September 10, 2022, 04:18:39 PM »

Even if there is a fairly simple maneuvering together, the major difference is that we already have varying degrees of backstory for these characters, so it is a lot easier to care.

True that...

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1023 on: September 10, 2022, 04:38:23 PM »
One of the biggest issues folks seem to be having about the line-up for Thunderbolts is that all the men (Red Guardian, USAgent, and Bucky) are just super soldiers with no other varying power sets (and two of them have shields), while Ghost is the only one with any super powers. Folks are hoping that Abomination will get drafted in later but they didn't want to say anything concrete in case the ending of She-Hulk has any bearing on his whereabouts in the MCU for the future.

And speaking of characters returning from 2008's The Incredible Hulk, having Tim Blake Nelson return for Captain America: New World Order is probably the biggest jaw-dropping piece of news from Marvel's D23 panel. First General Ross in 2016's Civil War, then Abomination in 2021's Shang-Chi, and now The Leader in 2024. All we need now is for Liv Tyler to return as Betty Ross, and maybe become Red She-Hulk!!

Still hoping for a full BP II trailer in the next few weeks.

Ditto. They showed some new footage at the panel today, but of course it was exclusive to them, like the Quantumania and The Marvels trailers as well. I suspect we won't get a Quantumania teaser for the public until Wakanda Forever releases in November (14 weeks before Quantumania releases). Like recent MCU films, I think they're playing this close to the chest, releasing trailers closer and closer to the premiere dates rather than months in advance like they used to, which is fine by me. There's enough MCU content spread throughout the year between films and Disney+ that I don't need a film trailer 5-7 months ahead of its release date.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1024 on: September 27, 2022, 03:57:35 PM »
‘DEADPOOL 3’ will release on September 9, 2024.

Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman will return as Deadpool and Wolverine.

Online Adami

« Reply #1025 on: September 27, 2022, 04:01:49 PM »
‘DEADPOOL 3’ will release on September 9, 2024.

Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman will return as Deadpool and Wolverine.

First of all, WOW.

Second of all, you need to post the announcement video which is pure perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYk1OGfnDJI
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1026 on: September 27, 2022, 04:13:34 PM »
Ryan Reynolds. You magnificent bastard.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1027 on: September 27, 2022, 05:36:28 PM »
Cool.  Now we just have to wait two years and hope something doesn't happen between now and then.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1028 on: September 27, 2022, 08:43:08 PM »
I just texted my buddy that forced me to see Deadpool and told him that Ryan better not be yanking our chain. This is the dream!

As a huge fan of Hugh as Wolvie and obviously Deadpool, this can't come soon enough.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1029 on: September 28, 2022, 06:25:20 AM »
I don't know how to feel about this. Guess we'll have to wait 2 years to find out.

Love both characters, but bringing back Jackman as Wolverine feels like a strange move (I guess that's the multiverse we are getting).
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1030 on: September 28, 2022, 07:22:54 AM »
Ryan Reynolds just posted this on twitter:

Quick explainer video that tackles…
1)    Timeline questions
2)    Logan canon
3)    MCU FAQ
4)    Whether we can do this all day or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szj1iqYanFM

Online faizoff

« Reply #1031 on: September 28, 2022, 08:32:34 AM »
Both videos are hilarious.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1032 on: September 28, 2022, 12:27:44 PM »
I hope I'm wrong, but I tend to think this is bullshit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #1033 on: September 28, 2022, 12:57:28 PM »
I hope I'm wrong, but I tend to think this is bullshit.

Why? I don't even think Ryan Reynolds would pull a stunt like that, and Hugh Jackman definitely wouldn't. At least not on a day that isn't April 1st.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1034 on: September 28, 2022, 01:09:48 PM »
I mean, it was announced a while back that Deadpool 3 would be part of the MCU. With Professor X making an appearance on Dr. Strange, Wolverine was not only a possibility, but kind of expected even if for just a cameo.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1035 on: September 28, 2022, 08:08:25 PM »
It kinda brings things full circle, doesn't it?  Wasn't the "original" (non-MCU) Deadpool introduced in an X-Men movie?

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1036 on: September 28, 2022, 08:20:36 PM »
It kinda brings things full circle, doesn't it?  Wasn't the "original" (non-MCU) Deadpool introduced in an X-Men movie?

A version of Wade Wilson/Deadpool was in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine spin-off film (Logan's first solo film). Ryan Reynolds portrayed him then bit was very unsatisfied with how it turned out and spent years using his own money and resources trying to convince Fox to let him do it right. Eventually he made a sizzle reel that was released or leaked and fan response was so overwhelmingly positive that Fox green lit Ryan's Deadpool film. Definitely a good idea considering how successful Deadpool 1 and 2 have been.

So now that Deadpool is coming to the MCU, is seems fitting that he gets to have Wolverine in it. My favorite plot theory is that the film will borrow from the comic "Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe" but it'll be him killing the Fox Marvel Universe as he drags a Logan variant with him through timelines before landing in the MCU.

Either way, it's sure to he a banger of a buddy/bromance film with those two and I hope they make the most of it.

-Marc.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1037 on: September 28, 2022, 09:22:39 PM »

A version of Wade Wilson/Deadpool was in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine spin-off film (Logan's first solo film). Ryan Reynolds portrayed him then bit was very unsatisfied with how it turned out and spent years using his own money and resources trying to convince Fox to let him do it right. Eventually he made a sizzle reel that was released or leaked and fan response was so overwhelmingly positive that Fox green lit Ryan's Deadpool film. Definitely a good idea considering how successful Deadpool 1 and 2 have been.

So now that Deadpool is coming to the MCU, is seems fitting that he gets to have Wolverine in it. My favorite plot theory is that the film will borrow from the comic "Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe" but it'll be him killing the Fox Marvel Universe as he drags a Logan variant with him through timelines before landing in the MCU.

Either way, it's sure to he a banger of a buddy/bromance film with those two and I hope they make the most of it.

-Marc.

That would be the most amazing thing ever.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1038 on: September 28, 2022, 09:31:40 PM »

A version of Wade Wilson/Deadpool was in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine spin-off film (Logan's first solo film).

Ah, that's right.  I thought I remembered it being something like that. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1039 on: September 30, 2022, 10:10:39 AM »
With how Ryan and Hugh have been going at it for years (I mean, he opens Deadpool dreaming wistfully of Wolverine and Hugh), there is NO WAY this is a bit. They would get crucified, and rightfully so. Those of us who love the X-Men movies and dreamt of Ryan and Hugh finally getting together would revolt, hard.

That multiverse theory above would indeed be awesome. I'm just hoping for a buddy cop kind of thing where Deadpool just keeps pushing Wolvie's buttons and they just go back and forth all movie while fighting something. I really don't care what, I just don't want a cameo. Needs to be full on.

EDIT: I just had a funny idea where Wolverine just keeps 'killing' Deadpool all movie long when he keeps pissing him off.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #1040 on: September 30, 2022, 10:13:16 AM »
Absolutely agree, it must be 100%

Online Adami

« Reply #1041 on: October 03, 2022, 01:10:57 PM »
So I just read that the Multiverse of Madness writer will be doing Secret Wars.....which makes me nervous. That was an awfully written movie, and I truly hope the dude gets reigned in more or does a better job this time. Or maybe even had a better cowriter.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1042 on: October 03, 2022, 03:55:21 PM »
So I just read that the Multiverse of Madness writer will be doing Secret Wars.....which makes me nervous. That was an awfully written movie, and I truly hope the dude gets reigned in more or does a better job this time. Or maybe even had a better cowriter.

On the other side of that, Michael Waldron is also the writer for Loki on Disney+, which I think speaks better to his writing strengths, though if you didn't like that as much as DSITMOM, then I guess your worries would be warranted.

I think having Waldron write Secret Wars is a coin-flip - on one hand, it could provide some great character moments and development, a la Loki, but on the other hand, it could be filled with needless spoken exposition and flagrant fanservice, a la DSITMOM. Either way, I think the script will go through many drafts and iterations before it gets filmed, and I'm sure Kevin Feige will have a more hands-on approach with it considering it'll be a huge tentpole film for the MCU and wrapping up the Multiverse Saga.

-Marc.

Online Adami

« Reply #1043 on: October 03, 2022, 06:10:32 PM »

On the other side of that, Michael Waldron is also the writer for Loki on Disney+, which I think speaks better to his writing strengths, though if you didn't like that as much as DSITMOM, then I guess your worries would be warranted.

I think having Waldron write Secret Wars is a coin-flip - on one hand, it could provide some great character moments and development, a la Loki, but on the other hand, it could be filled with needless spoken exposition and flagrant fanservice, a la DSITMOM. Either way, I think the script will go through many drafts and iterations before it gets filmed, and I'm sure Kevin Feige will have a more hands-on approach with it considering it'll be a huge tentpole film for the MCU and wrapping up the Multiverse Saga.

-Marc.

Eh. I looked it up, he wrote the first and last episode. The first was great and the last was...meh. But both episodes are filled to the brim with exposition. It seems that's his thing?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1044 on: October 03, 2022, 07:49:12 PM »

-Marc.

Eh. I looked it up, he wrote the first and last episode. The first was great and the last was...meh. But both episodes are filled to the brim with exposition. It seems that's his thing?

Ahh okay, I knew he created the series, so I assumed he had written every episode, but yeah, you're right - episodes one and six were fairly exposition heavy, but IMO, they weren't boring or contrived like parts of MOM.

Either way, I remain cautiously optimistic. I don't think Feige and co. would let an Avengers film be anything less than spectacular, especially after Infinity War and Endgame. If they plan to film both Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars back-to-back, a la Infinity War and Endgame, they've got another year or so before filming begins, which gives Marvel Studios plenty of time to get through some drafts of the script. It won't surprise me if we hear that it goes through rewrites with other writers coming on board.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 09:29:46 AM by The Letter M »

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1045 on: October 04, 2022, 08:58:21 AM »
Fun fact:  In (American) television, the "created by" credit goes to the credited screenwriter(s) for the pilot episode of a show.  I'm not sure if streaming shows have the same rules, though.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1046 on: October 10, 2022, 12:10:50 PM »
So has anyone else caught the Werewolf By Night special on Disney +?

I really enjoyed it.  Perfect for a a special.  Not enough there for a film or even a series, but 55 minutes was just about right.  I loved the black and white, and the music was fantastic, which makes sense, since it was directed by a composer.

Very tasty.  I also really liked Ted.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1047 on: October 10, 2022, 01:18:48 PM »
It made me want to see more. It was well done.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

« Reply #1048 on: October 10, 2022, 01:20:42 PM »
Haven’t seen it. Wasn’t impressed by the trailer (not a horror fan or a monster movie fan) but all of the reviews have been amazing. So I’ll try to see it this week.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1049 on: October 10, 2022, 08:39:35 PM »
It was TOTALLY worth it. Very well done. The chick kinda had an Anne Hathaway vibe about her.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion