Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)  (Read 69704 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2021, 09:41:10 AM »
Very fucking stoked for Loki. :caffeine:

I think this is the one that just might blow the MCU wide open.

Yup... it seem this could start to introduce the multiverse.  The cameo possibilities and easter eggs are endless.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2021, 10:41:42 AM »
I've been piling through the meat and potatoes of the Netflix series again, and I'm reminded again that Vincent D'Onofrio's Fisk is hands down the best MCU villain. For me, it's not even close.

Magneto was the best thing about the X-Men movies - both McKellen and Fassbender were great in the role.

McKellan is outstanding in everything. One of my greatest career moments was cooking him a grill cheese, with Bleu cheese added, side of tomato soup.

I just caught that; that's pretty cool!   That sounds DELICIOUS!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2021, 11:17:01 AM »
I've been piling through the meat and potatoes of the Netflix series again, and I'm reminded again that Vincent D'Onofrio's Fisk is hands down the best MCU villain. For me, it's not even close.

Magneto was the best thing about the X-Men movies - both McKellen and Fassbender were great in the role.

McKellan is outstanding in everything. One of my greatest career moments was cooking him a grill cheese, with Bleu cheese added, side of tomato soup.

Yeah, either him or cooking for Steven Hawking are the biggest jewels in my celebrity crown.

Very fucking stoked for Loki. :caffeine:

I think this is the one that just might blow the MCU wide open.

Yup... it seem this could start to introduce the multiverse.  The cameo possibilities and easter eggs are endless.

And I can totally see marvel teasing us relentlessly... Without a safe word in sight.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2021, 11:20:39 AM »
Late to the party, but I recently saw WandaVision. That was great, original and with the right mix of humour and tension! great job  :tup
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2021, 12:02:05 PM »

Did you meet either one of them, or was it a case of they were simply in your "restaurant/kitchen/whatever you call it"?  Sorry for the questions, I'm just fascinated by stories like this.

Ever give any thought to being a personal chef? 

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2021, 02:29:36 PM »
McKellan just ate there, but I creepily stared at him throughout his lunch.

Hawking was the only time I broke the non contact rule and thanked him for his work. He said you're welcome, I spoke mostly to his team. I have seen him lecture twice at Berkeley so it was definitely a fan boy moment. I also definitely could've gotten fired for it.

Hawking had chicken broth with very small diced and severely overcooked vegetables.

Being a personal chef never appealed to me, I talked with the guy that was Soros' personal chef, and basically you're sacrificing any semblance of a life and are on call 24/7. Supposedly the money is really good though, I recently saw an ad for one from indeed that started at 120k.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2021, 02:37:54 PM »
I guess it depends who it's for, though.   If they travel a lot, I guess you have to travel.  If they are homebodies, I suppose it could be worse.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2021, 06:57:23 AM »
I guess it depends who it's for, though.   If they travel a lot, I guess you have to travel.  If they are homebodies, I suppose it could be worse.

Yeah, either way you're committed to the 24/7 lifestyle, probably less of a life than a hotel or restaurant chef. I'm pretty happy with my m-f, 6-3 schedule, and having all holidays off is really fucking cool.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2021, 11:42:29 PM »
Just a quick reminder to everyone to keep Loki spoilers in the Loki thread for now, particularly while the show is airing!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #289 on: June 13, 2021, 01:59:48 PM »
I started watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Help me out with a detail - what "officially" happened with Steve Rogers? I've seen Endgame, I know he went back in time and stayed in the past and lived out his life with Peggy, showing up as an old man to hand down the shield to the Falcon. But what does the public know? what's the official position? is he considered dead? do people assume he disappeared or that something happend to him in the final battle against Thanos?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #290 on: June 13, 2021, 02:07:07 PM »
I started watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Help me out with a detail - what "officially" happened with Steve Rogers? I've seen Endgame, I know he went back in time and stayed in the past and lived out his life with Peggy, showing up as an old man to hand down the shield to the Falcon. But what does the public know? what's the official position? is he considered dead? do people assume he disappeared or that something happend to him in the final battle against Thanos?

They’ve kept it intentionally vague. I think the public has theories but it hasn’t been stated for sure.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline faizoff

« Reply #291 on: June 13, 2021, 03:37:05 PM »
I can't remember but in the 1st episode of TFATWS don't they have a passing line addressing the passing of Steve Rodgers? I could be misremembering.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #292 on: June 13, 2021, 04:23:51 PM »
I can't remember but in the 1st episode of TFATWS don't they have a passing line addressing the passing of Steve Rodgers? I could be misremembering.

They also mentioned of him being "on the moon"
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online Adami

« Reply #293 on: June 13, 2021, 06:38:00 PM »

They just say “he’s gone” and the sorts a lot. They had an “in memoriam” for him in Spider-Man but it was again vague. They probably don’t hide any plans for him but are keeping it open just in case.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online The Letter M

« Reply #294 on: June 13, 2021, 09:19:19 PM »
I'm sure they purposely left Steve Rogers' whereabouts post-Endgame intentionally vague just so they have the possibility to bring him back later. Remember, Banner made a time machine that pushed time through people, so there's always the chance that he could do that to Steve and make him young again. Or perhaps if Chris Evans returns to the role, his next appearance could be from his life with Peggy, or from an alternate timeline/future/past.

Either way, it's a loose end that, hopefully, will get tied up some how in a nice neat bow, but I won't hold my breath. The MCU can be pretty good about its continuity, but there are always a few loose ends that are never address again. I'm still amazed at the fact that over a decade later, we will finally revisit Emil Blonsky/Abomination in the upcoming She-Hulk series (even though I would have rather seen The Leader finally make his big-headed appearance in the MCU).

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2021, 10:28:14 AM »
Steve Rogers is totally on the moon.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #296 on: June 14, 2021, 10:29:22 AM »

Until recently, Nick Fury was on the moon.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2021, 10:29:51 AM »

Coincidence?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2021, 10:33:28 AM »

Coincidence?

I think not!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2021, 03:30:38 AM »
First impressions appearing online for Black Widow - seems very positive so far.  Lots of praise for Pugh and Harbour.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #300 on: June 18, 2021, 04:00:05 PM »
First impressions appearing online for Black Widow - seems very positive so far.  Lots of praise for Pugh and Harbour.

First impressions are usually always positive because they're paid off. I don't think I've ever been truly disappointed by a Marvel movie. They've all been enjoyable, some way more than others.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2021, 08:27:22 PM »
https://youtu.be/8YjFbMbfXaQ

A new trailer for Shang-Chi has dropped, showing the Abomination (for the first time since 2008's The Incredible Hulk) fighting a sorcerer (who many assume could be Wong from Doctor Strange). Cannot wait to see what else this film has to offer!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2021, 03:48:18 AM »
Wasn't highly excited by the previous trailer but that one looks great.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2021, 05:38:16 AM »
Yeah this trailer is a lot better than the first one.

Sradler, did you watch Endgame yet?
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: June 25, 2021, 07:00:16 AM »
No, not yet.  I re-watched Infinity War with the wife because she nodded off a bit, but waiting for my daughter to come home (she comes back Sunday night).   Try to watch it then, though I forget if we have to watch Ant Man and Wasp before that.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #305 on: June 25, 2021, 07:10:13 AM »
Ant-Man and the Wasp is before Endgame.

Technically, most of it is before Infinity War, also.

Online Adami

« Reply #306 on: June 25, 2021, 07:13:05 AM »
Ant-Man and the Wasp is before Endgame.

Technically, most of it is before Infinity War, also.

Yea. I watched it right before infinity war but then I’ll watch the midcredit scenes after infinity war.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #307 on: June 25, 2021, 08:32:42 AM »
Just chiming in to say that the girl I am currently dating has got me sucked into the marvel universe.  I haven't seen any of the movies and honestly had little interest.  But she was over a couple weeks ago, flipping through the tv channels and one of the movies was on so we watched a bit and her enjoyment of talking about it got me intrigued and figured it would be a fun thing to do together.  So we are going in chronological order and just watched the first Captain America.  Solid movie. Captain Marvel is next, probably next week we will watch. 

I don't want to get spoiled so I will likely stay away from this thread, but it appears I am getting sucked into the universe.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #308 on: June 25, 2021, 08:34:51 AM »
That's awesome!

Although personally I think chronological order for first viewing isn't a good idea, but whatever.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

« Reply #309 on: June 25, 2021, 08:41:36 AM »
That's awesome!

Although personally I think chronological order for first viewing isn't a good idea, but whatever.

That’s how I’m doing it with my girlfriend. She seems to be enjoying it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: June 25, 2021, 08:50:41 AM »
That's awesome!

Can you explain why without giving any spoilers?  And I'm assuming you mean that it's better to watch it on release order and not something different then?

I also come from a background of knowing nothing about Marvel.  I was never into the comic books or anything.  I did have a few questions about wtf was going on in the first Captain America movie, but was told, I will get my answers soon enough so just sit tight.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #311 on: June 25, 2021, 08:53:49 AM »
There are post credit scenes after some movies that will make no sense or will be spoilers if watched out of release order, specifically Captain Marvel iirc.

That Shang Chi trailer looks fucking dope, it's a trip cause I was watching Hulk the other day and was wondering what happened to Abomination.

Online Adami

« Reply #312 on: June 25, 2021, 08:57:33 AM »
There are post credit scenes after some movies that will make no sense or will be spoilers if watched out of release order, specifically Captain Marvel iirc.

That Shang Chi trailer looks fucking dope, it's a trip cause I was watching Hulk the other day and was wondering what happened to Abomination.

Which is why I also rearranged several of the post credits scenes. Though for most of the movies it’s actually fine. Just takes a bit of work.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2021, 09:01:14 AM »

Rumour is he's coming back in She-Hulk as well.  Probably just a mini cameo here.  But yeah... that trailer was sic
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2021, 09:06:37 AM »
I wonder if they will keep the idea that the rings (now bracelets I guess) are alien tech. Sure looks techy.
fanticide.bandcamp.com