Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)  (Read 69682 times)

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)
« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2021, 01:41:10 AM »
I went from an 8 to a 6. It's just a trailer but didn't give me much feels.

Based on your response, I don't think you quite know what "going from 6 to 12" means.  :lol

Oh. :lol I just looked that up.  :o I think my 6 to 8 declaration is still, erm, "solid", for want of a better term.

EDIT: No, wait. I said 8 to 6, didn't I? Oh dear. I am looking forward to it but feeling cautious.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 01:50:59 AM by DoctorAction »
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #491 on: August 21, 2021, 05:21:21 AM »
I went from an 8 to a 6. It's just a trailer but didn't give me much feels.

Based on your response, I don't think you quite know what "going from 6 to 12" means.  :lol

Oh. :lol I just looked that up.  :o I think my 6 to 8 declaration is still, erm, "solid", for want of a better term.

EDIT: No, wait. I said 8 to 6, didn't I? Oh dear. I am looking forward to it but feeling cautious.

So, the same way you feel about your OnlyFans subscriptions?   :lol :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #492 on: August 21, 2021, 07:20:11 AM »
 :lol
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #493 on: August 21, 2021, 09:28:00 AM »
Saw a piece elsewhere, and figured it'd make fun speculation for us. What will be the avengers 5 team lineup?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #494 on: August 21, 2021, 09:56:37 AM »
Dr. Strange, Spidey, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, White Vision, Captain Falcon.  Not sure if Thor would make an appearance.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #495 on: August 22, 2021, 08:41:33 AM »
Dr. Strange, Spidey, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch, White Vision, Captain Falcon.  Not sure if Thor would make an appearance.

I'd think Danvers would be in there as well, she's contracted for a shit ton more movies.

On a side note, I was reading a piece about the casting of the Fantastic 4, and they were talking about Marvel's track record on not having to recast roles. I thought into it, and as I remember, they've only recast Roadie, Banner and Thanos. Is there any others?

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #496 on: August 22, 2021, 08:47:56 AM »
Red skull

I’d barely put thanos there. They cast Brolin after the other dude had a 3 second smile.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online The Letter M

« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2021, 09:08:39 AM »

I'd think Danvers would be in there as well, she's contracted for a shit ton more movies.

On a side note, I was reading a piece about the casting of the Fantastic 4, and they were talking about Marvel's track record on not having to recast roles. I thought into it, and as I remember, they've only recast Roadie, Banner and Thanos. Is there any others?
Red skull

I’d barely put thanos there. They cast Brolin after the other dude had a 3 second smile.

Rhodes and Banner were recast because of conflicts with their original actors, and Weaving just simply didn't want to return to Red Skull, so those are all understandable. Thanos I think was just a last minute addition by Joss and Kevin to the Avengers tag that they probably didn't have time to properly cast him. If Marvel Studios ever does a special edition edit of their earlier films, it would be neat to see them redo that tag with the GOTG-Version of Thanos at the end just for continuity's sake.

Fandral from the Thor films was recast but that was due to scheduling conflicts. From Wikipedia:
Fandral appears in the film Thor, where he is played by Josh Dallas. Zachary Levi, star of NBC's Chuck, was originally set to play Fandral but had to pull out when Chuck's season 3 order was extended from 13 to 19 episodes. Actor Stuart Townsend, who had also been cast in the role, left the production citing creative differences.

Fandral is played by Zachary Levi in Thor: The Dark World, replacing Dallas after the actor's commitment to Once Upon a Time created scheduling conflicts. His role is expanded from comic relief in the first movie, as he assists Thor with leaving Asgard.

Levi reprises his role, albeit briefly, in Thor: Ragnarok.

Other than those, I can't really think of any other roles that were recast outside of necessity, like having two actors portray Howard Stark in the 40s/50s and a different one later in his life in the 70s/80s/90s.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2021, 03:07:48 PM »
Oops.  Never mind.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2021, 09:56:28 PM »
Rumors going around that No Way Home trailer will drop tomorrow, plus a really shitty leaked trailer dropped. I mean, really shitty quality, like girl on snapchat with 500 filters, filmed by a cell phone of a cell phone and watched in a dirty bathroom mirror's reflection shitty. But the voices checked out, so we'll see if it was legit.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #500 on: August 23, 2021, 06:57:15 AM »
Rumors going around that No Way Home trailer will drop tomorrow, plus a really shitty leaked trailer dropped. I mean, really shitty quality, like girl on snapchat with 500 filters, filmed by a cell phone of a cell phone and watched in a dirty bathroom mirror's reflection shitty. But the voices checked out, so we'll see if it was legit.

:lol I thought you were exaggerating with that description but it is that bad  :lol

Well, I'll wait for the official trailer
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #501 on: August 23, 2021, 06:59:07 AM »
It really is  :rollin

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #502 on: August 23, 2021, 07:45:57 PM »
Officially official, as tweeted by Marvel...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1429981785954430979

Quality still looked rough, but that was probably because a bazillion people were smashing the fuck out of the link at once I'd imagine. I literally got to it a few seconds after dropping

Ok, got a few more in on my big tv....and all I can say is FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKK

I mean, holy shit. We got Doc Oc, the Goblin, and a brief shot of Matt Murdock. All three fall movies are looking so fucking dope.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 08:20:12 PM by lonestar »

Online Adami

« Reply #503 on: August 23, 2021, 08:21:56 PM »
Wow

Wait, we got Matt Murdock? Did I miss that?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #504 on: August 23, 2021, 08:27:35 PM »
Wow

The bit in the interrogation room, right before it you see the lawyer walk in, I'm pretty sure it's him. Watched it a few times on my big screen, I could see the glasses.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #505 on: August 23, 2021, 08:32:05 PM »
Wow

The bit in the interrogation room, right before it you see the lawyer walk in, I'm pretty sure it's him. Watched it a few times on my big screen, I could see the glasses.

I missed that too.  Re-watching.  You think it's Charlie Cox?

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #506 on: August 23, 2021, 08:43:24 PM »
Well wait for the dissection videos to confirm.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #507 on: August 23, 2021, 08:54:08 PM »
I'm intrigued about Dr. Strange, he seems to be in a no F*** given mood. Maybe his way of coping with the Thanos aftermath.

Me thinks Doc Oc is not talking to MCU Spidey there  :o

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #508 on: August 23, 2021, 11:47:26 PM »
Wow

Do you mean the lawyer (presumably) in a shirt and tie who slams some papers down in front of Peter? We can't see his face, but it could be Murdock I guess.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #509 on: August 24, 2021, 04:52:14 AM »
A few seconds before that, you see (mostly a silhouette) him walking into the interrogation room.  Could be Murdock.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #510 on: August 24, 2021, 05:46:58 AM »
A few seconds before that, you see (mostly a silhouette) him walking into the interrogation room.  Could be Murdock.
Eh, not convinced by that. The person behind in the shirt and tie was walking normally, arms folded, so unless Murdock has stopped his pretence with the stick, it wouldn't make sense for it to be him.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #511 on: August 24, 2021, 05:52:58 AM »
Eh, not convinced by that. The person behind in the shirt and tie was walking normally, arms folded, so unless Murdock has stopped his pretence with the stick, it wouldn't make sense for it to be him.

Killjoy.  :P

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #512 on: August 24, 2021, 06:38:18 AM »
Crap.

Online Adami

« Reply #513 on: August 24, 2021, 06:43:25 AM »

Killgrave.  :P

Jessica Jones confirmed?!?!?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #514 on: August 24, 2021, 06:52:44 AM »
So I know it's just a teaser, and I am confident the movie will explain this in a satisfactory way, but I don't buy how they showed Strange doing everything.

"Hey Doc, any chance we can change the nature of reality?"
"SURE THING BRAH!"
"Wait, maybe not EVERYTHING about..."
"SHUT UP BRAH I'M REWRITING REALITY!"

Maybe it's not really Strange? Dunno. Just seems awfully out of character for him to agree to something like that.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #515 on: August 24, 2021, 06:58:58 AM »
Just seems awfully out of character for him to agree to something like that.
Yeah I definitely had a similar thought. Especially with Wong appearing and telling him not to do the spell. In the trailer it does come across as him just being "yeah whatever" about it, and I guess that could be where he's at after all the intensity of IW/Endgame, but whether it's that or some other motivation I do hope it's brought out a little bit.

Also regardless of motivation, he may have also figured it was safe to do a spell that just changes one specific thing, but that it was Peter's meddling that caused all the chaos.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #516 on: August 24, 2021, 07:04:36 AM »
So I know it's just a teaser, and I am confident the movie will explain this in a satisfactory way, but I don't buy how they showed Strange doing everything.
Maybe it's not really Strange? Dunno. Just seems awfully out of character for him to agree to something like that.

I'm intrigued about Dr. Strange, he seems to be in a no F*** given mood. Maybe his way of coping with the Thanos aftermath.

I was talking about this with my partner yesterday after we saw the trailer. It is extremely out of character but I think it is him and he is in a whatever mood, coping with the Thanos aftermath. The NY Sanctum is covered in ice (for some reason), he is in sweat pants and a hoodie, and when Wong tells him not to cast the spell, his seemed annoyed Wong was telling him what to do.

We saw how some of the other avengers were coping with the events (including peter in Far From Home), maybe his way of coping with everything is by no caring anymore. Also, why does he still have the Eye of Agamotto if he doesn't have the time stone anymore? so many questions!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #517 on: August 24, 2021, 07:20:31 AM »
I'm digging that a lot.  A LOT.   I mean, it doesn't make a ton of sense, but who cares?  It was 2:56 out of a 2 and a half hour movie, it's not supposed to make sense, it's supposed to get me to watch the movie.  Mission accomplished!   :)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #518 on: August 24, 2021, 07:35:05 AM »
Also, why does he still have the Eye of Agamotto if he doesn't have the time stone anymore? so many questions!

The Eye of Agamotto never did host the Time Stone in the comics.  It's a mystical talisman in its own right, and I assume it is so even without the Time Stone in the MCU.

Online Adami

« Reply #519 on: August 24, 2021, 07:40:32 AM »
Also, why does he still have the Eye of Agamotto if he doesn't have the time stone anymore? so many questions!

The Eye of Agamotto never did host the Time Stone in the comics.  It's a mystical talisman in its own right, and I assume it is so even without the Time Stone in the MCU.

I dunno. As far as I know, the tesseract and Vision were never infinity stones in the comics either but the movies made them connected beyond distinction. So if the Eye is something else, they haven't hinted at it since he's only used it as the time stone.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #520 on: August 24, 2021, 08:14:47 AM »

Also, the two persons walking behind have batches on their chests, they seem to be policemen.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #521 on: August 24, 2021, 08:23:40 AM »
I think he meant this person

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #522 on: August 24, 2021, 08:25:27 AM »
 :rollin
I think he meant this person

:rollin :rollin :rollin

OH, OK,  :rollin

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #523 on: August 24, 2021, 09:47:05 AM »
That's who I meant... And as painful as it is to admit, Rich is right.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: August 24, 2021, 10:03:15 AM »

I dunno. As far as I know, the tesseract and Vision were never infinity stones in the comics either but the movies made them connected beyond distinction. So if the Eye is something else, they haven't hinted at it since he's only used it as the time stone.

True, but before it was revealed as holding the Time Stone at the end of Dr. Strange, the amulet did perform some of what its 'power' is in the comics:

The Eye is used to find and show "truth".

It can emit an "all-revealing light".
It can play back recent events.
It has other abilities which are similar to telepathy but are magical rather than psionic, greatest of which is the ability to give its user certain mystical perceptions into another's soul.
It accompanies the wearer's astral form and is one of the few items usable in either state (albeit at a less powerful state).

No reason why they can't/shouldn't fall back on some of its more traditional 'powers'.