Author Topic: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)  (Read 71771 times)

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe thread v3 (no recent spoilers)
« Reply #1330 on: November 16, 2023, 08:36:25 PM »
Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead, Invincible) confirms that Steven Yeun is playing Sentry in Thunderbolts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfs9C2iZ0zM&t=4861s

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1331 on: November 21, 2023, 12:34:10 PM »
What If? S2 trailer.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiEVqZ2Bc_c&ab_channel=MarvelEntertainment

Just leave it alone, Bosk.

:lol  Hey, even though it's not my thing, I don't fault anyone for liking it.  I'll still watch it and likely not hate it. 

Regarding casting:  I typically have almost zero reaction to casting, especially in the MCU.  You never really know how someone is going to play a role until you actually see them in it, and a lot of that is very dependent on the script and directing as well.  IMO, the MCU has don't extremely well in casting, for the most part, even when casting choices may seem odd at first glance. 

Regarding Kang, it continues to amuse and confuse me that anyone gives any credence whatsoever to any theories about Marvel pivoting away from Kang since exactly nobody directly connected to Marvel has ever said anything that would give any credence to that rumor. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1332 on: November 21, 2023, 12:59:30 PM »
Regarding Kang, it continues to amuse and confuse me that anyone gives any credence whatsoever to any theories about Marvel pivoting away from Kang since exactly nobody directly connected to Marvel has ever said anything that would give any credence to that rumor.

Well other than the news that both the writer AND director of Avengers 5 have both been removed from the film, you're right - there hasn't been anything specific confirmation that it won't still be "Kang Dynasty", but I've been preparing myself for the news that it won't be. I suspect they'll hold those plans close to the chest until next SDCC, which is the same weekend that Deadpool 3 comes out, so they may even keep their announcements tentative until they see how early reviews of Deadpool 3 fare.

-Marc.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 12:42:49 PM by The Letter M »
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1333 on: November 22, 2023, 11:14:50 AM »
OK, but writers and directors get removed from projects all the time without the project being entirely abandoned. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1334 on: November 22, 2023, 12:45:02 PM »
OK, but writers and directors get removed from projects all the time without the project being entirely abandoned.

Fair, but it just seemed concerning because Loveness wrote Quantumania, which seemed to be the big Kang jumping off point, more so than Loki. Now that he's off Avengers 5, it's led many to believe there might be a pivot in story.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline The Great Ape

« Reply #1335 on: November 22, 2023, 01:33:14 PM »
Totally agree with Thrill about Doctor Doom.
What an awesome story
"You know what? Enough is enough. There's enough hate in this world; there's enough frickin' negativity in this world" - James LaBrie

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1336 on: November 28, 2023, 08:56:56 AM »
Well, it looks like The Kang Dynasty is still on, for now, as per this announcement:
https://deadline.com/2023/11/loki-michael-waldron-marvel-studios-avengers-kang-dynasty-1235638887/

Looks like Waldron will pen the scripts to BOTH Kang Dynasty AND Secret Wars, which, if they're going for a 1-2-punch like Infinity War and Endgame, hopefully this means there will be consistency between the two as far as writing and story goes.

I suppose if you're going to keep Kang but change anything, it's best to get Waldron over Loveness.

-Marc.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1337 on: November 28, 2023, 09:13:40 AM »
That's an interesting choice. He was the writer for Loki  :tup, but he was also the writer for MoM  :)
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1338 on: November 28, 2023, 09:44:40 AM »
That's an interesting choice. He was the writer for Loki  :tup, but he was also the writer for MoM  :)

He's also a writer for Rick & Morty, so I guess if we're going to cap off the Multiverse Saga right, it might as well be someone who can write multiverse ideas!

-Marc.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1339 on: November 28, 2023, 10:09:40 AM »
Just saw What If? Episodes will be released on 9 consecutive days

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1340 on: November 28, 2023, 10:27:33 AM »
Just saw What If? Episodes will be released on 9 consecutive days

Yes... jingle.son and I are very much looking forward to being able to binge this together.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #1341 on: December 07, 2023, 05:56:43 AM »
Post-credit scenes have set up a lot of new characters or future plot points that have gone nowhere so far over the last couple of years. How many of them do we think will simply be abandoned at this point given Marvel/Disney's commitment to quality over quantity moving forward? Especially given the X-Men and Fantastic Four coming to the MCU soon. I suspect many will be dropped, or given a token appearance to make sure the post-credit scene has "pay-off".

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1342 on: December 07, 2023, 07:25:22 AM »
Hercules I think is one that we will not see for more than a few minutes on screen, if even.

Starfox/Eros, he might make an appearance at some point but I doubt he will be a big part of any plot.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1343 on: December 18, 2023, 03:09:50 PM »
https://deadline.com/2023/12/jonathan-majors-marvel-fired-guilty-verdict-1235671790/amp/

Majors has been fired from Marvel Studios. What this means for Avengers: Kang Dynasty is still unclear, and I doubt we will know until at least SDCC 2025, but if they intend to keep Kang, they will have to recast him immediately.

Also, I fully expect Deadpool 3 to make a joke about this.

-Marc.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1344 on: December 19, 2023, 11:23:01 AM »
I really hope they don't ditch the Kang storyline. He's too good of a potential villain (even if Ant-Man didn't make the best use of his character, I still feel he was the best thing about that movie).

It's a shame for Majors, though. I really enjoyed his performances but the show must go on. I hope they can recast soon.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1345 on: January 11, 2024, 07:57:37 AM »
Just saw an article that pointed out that D+ silently added all of “The Defenders Saga” to their “MCU timeline order” playlist. The actual shows have been on D+ for awhile, but adding them to the official timeline playlist is new. So I thought that was interesting.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1346 on: January 11, 2024, 08:11:42 AM »
Interesting for sure. There have been rumors for a while now that the actors for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones would reprise their roles (As well as Frank Castle). That along with Chloe Bennet coming back as Daisy from Agents of Shield, are things that I am interested in seeing at some point in the MCU, and I hope they do happen.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1347 on: January 11, 2024, 08:18:37 AM »
Interesting for sure. There have been rumors for a while now that the actors for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones would reprise their roles (As well as Frank Castle). That along with Chloe Bennet coming back as Daisy from Agents of Shield, are things that I am interested in seeing at some point in the MCU, and I hope they do happen.
All of that would be great.

And Iron Fist can go rot.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1348 on: January 11, 2024, 08:29:15 AM »
Hush.  Iron Fist was great.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1349 on: January 11, 2024, 08:34:21 AM »

What was his name again, I forget.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1350 on: January 11, 2024, 08:40:31 AM »

Danny Rand!  The Immortal Iron Fist!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1351 on: January 11, 2024, 08:43:33 AM »
 :rollin

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1352 on: January 11, 2024, 08:56:29 AM »
The crappy part is that Iron Fist was one of my favorite characters from the comics that they decided to include, and then they made THAT.  Disappointing, to say the least.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1353 on: January 11, 2024, 10:21:14 AM »

They can bring in Colleen Wing.  Danny Rand died on the way back to his home planet K'un-Lun

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1354 on: January 11, 2024, 10:55:21 AM »
The second season of Iron Fist was an improvement.  He was almost kinda cool by the end.  The story was pretty bad, though; they tried a few things that really didn't work.

But yeah, Colleen was adorable.  I was mostly watching the show just for her.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1355 on: January 11, 2024, 11:00:54 AM »
D+ silently added all of “The Defenders Saga” to their “MCU timeline order” playlist. The actual shows have been on D+ for awhile, but adding them to the official timeline playlist is new. So I thought that was interesting.

Oh yeah, this.  :lol  I too saw something about how the Netflix stuff was now canon, but there wasn't any detail, so thanks for the info.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #1356 on: January 11, 2024, 11:02:15 AM »

Best part of that series was when he started saying that to Luke and Luke straight up cut him off  :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1357 on: January 11, 2024, 11:04:16 AM »
They can bring in Colleen Wing.  Danny Rand died on the way back to his home planet K'un-Lun
I like it!

Best part of that series was when he started saying that to Luke and Luke straight up cut him off  :lol
lol yes

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1358 on: January 11, 2024, 12:30:22 PM »
I always took that as the writers winking at the viewers; it was impossible to read anything online about Iron Fist without someone mentioning that he always said that.  So Luke cut him off.  There was also a pretty fun scene right after Luke escaped from that guy's makeshift lab with the metal headband still on and the clothes he'd stolen from someone's backyard clothesline.  He looked basically like his comic book incarnation, but he caught a glimpse of his reflection and said "I look like a damned fool!"  Nice commentary on how flashy comic book colors usually don't translate well to live action.

Speaking of Luke and Danny, though, I did like it when they teamed up; Danny would smash his Iron Fist into Luke, and the resulting shockwave would cause ridiculous devastation.  I think that might've been in The Defenders after they were all together.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #1359 on: January 11, 2024, 02:44:45 PM »
I always took that as the writers winking at the viewers; it was impossible to read anything online about Iron Fist without someone mentioning that he always said that.  So Luke cut him off.  There was also a pretty fun scene right after Luke escaped from that guy's makeshift lab with the metal headband still on and the clothes he'd stolen from someone's backyard clothesline.  He looked basically like his comic book incarnation, but he caught a glimpse of his reflection and said "I look like a damned fool!"  Nice commentary on how flashy comic book colors usually don't translate well to live action.

Speaking of Luke and Danny, though, I did like it when they teamed up; Danny would smash his Iron Fist into Luke, and the resulting shockwave would cause ridiculous devastation.  I think that might've been in The Defenders after they were all together.

I *really* hope they are able to bring them back and make a Marvel Spotlight mini-series titled "Heroes For Hire", because IIRC, the comic of that title originated as a team-up between Luke and Danny, and it would be a fun way to bring back both characters and put them in the MCU together without having to dedicate a whole show for each, but not have something so big that would require Matt and Jessica to tag along as well.

-Marc.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1360 on: January 13, 2024, 06:37:21 PM »
And now several sites are reporting that the scuttlebutt going around is that Eldon Henson and Deborah Ann Woll (Foggy and Karen from the Netflix DD) are definitely returning to the new series.  I will absolutely stand up and cheer if this is true, because it was previously reported that they were not involved and the actors had said no one had contacted them.

This makes me very happy, if true.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #1361 on: January 13, 2024, 08:30:33 PM »
And now several sites are reporting that the scuttlebutt going around is that Eldon Henson and Deborah Ann Woll (Foggy and Karen from the Netflix DD) are definitely returning to the new series.  I will absolutely stand up and cheer if this is true, because it was previously reported that they were not involved and the actors had said no one had contacted them.

This makes me very happy, if true.

Seeing this as well. It appears the new creative team is bringing them back but also cautioned that they may only be in an episode or so. Sounds like the characters might not be very involved, which kind of sucks.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jammindude

« Reply #1362 on: January 18, 2024, 10:45:09 PM »
I thought it was interesting that D+ added all the old Netflix shows to the official MCU timeline order on their list.

Last year, I began watching the Netflix shows in order and got up to (but hadn’t started) The Defenders.

I didn’t want to start all over again, so I went to the D+ official timeline, skipped up to The Defenders, and I’m thinking I might just move through the official timeline from here forward.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1363 on: February 15, 2024, 08:46:13 AM »
We still don't know if this will be part of the MCU canon or not, but the trailer for X-Men 97 dropped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv3Ss8o9gGQ

Can't wait for this  :corn

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1364 on: February 15, 2024, 08:57:21 AM »
We still don't know if this will be part of the MCU canon or not, but the trailer for X-Men 97 dropped!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv3Ss8o9gGQ

Can't wait for this  :corn
It definitely looks and feels like the original, which was their stated goal.

I never watched the original, but I may try to sneak in some episodes here and there.