Author Topic: The Official Porcupine Tree Thread - In Absentia Deluxe Ed. due Feb. 21, 2020  (Read 4435 times)

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Yeah, I keep spot-checking the price on that set. Just seems inflated. I actually have both the regular CD and the special DVD-A release of it. If I can't grab this at a more reasonable price then I will skip it.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline pfillion

New interview with Richard Barbieri

https://youtu.be/K2UqcXmpnZU

Offline pfillion

New Richard Barbieri song

https://youtu.be/zu4xLMmzvBs

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
"'Steven Wilson - Footprints' is an astoundingly detailed 3 volume illustrated encyclopaedia of my musical output, from my solo work to Porcupine Tree, no-man, Bass Communion and more. The effort and work that has gone into this by Guy M Tkach, Peter M Sieker and Chip Madinger is nothing short of astounding and I’m flattered they took on such a task and mightily impressed with what they have achieved. Check out the first volume at stevenwilson-footprints.com."
The first volume is about early years and Porcupine Tree.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline pfillion

New interview with Richard

https://youtu.be/mvCepsrCyRs

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
I've been revisiting The Incident recently (before, I'd only heard it once, and that was around few months ago), and Disc 1 is really growing on me. Still not sure how I feel about Disc 2.
As far as Disc 1 goes, though, I'm really enjoying it. I'm almost certain that The Incident will end up in my Top 10 Porcupine Tree songs, if not my Top 5. Other highlights so far include The Blind House, Drawing the Line, and Time Flies.

Offline Kram

I've been revisiting The Incident recently (before, I'd only heard it once, and that was around few months ago), and Disc 1 is really growing on me. Still not sure how I feel about Disc 2.
As far as Disc 1 goes, though, I'm really enjoying it. I'm almost certain that The Incident will end up in my Top 10 Porcupine Tree songs, if not my Top 5. Other highlights so far include The Blind House, Drawing the Line, and Time Flies.

I too enjoy the Incident, and think it's underrated.  Though I will concede, it's not quite as good as IA, Deadwing and FOBP - I still think it's solid with lots of good material on there..

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Disc 1 I have always enjoyed. Disc 2 is just bonus stuff as far as I'm concerned. Never really grabbed me.

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...

I too enjoy the Incident, and think it's underrated.  Though I will concede, it's not quite as good as IA, Deadwing and FOBP - I still think it's solid with lots of good material on there..

At this point in time, I'd say In Absentia, Deadwing, and Lightbulb Sun are definitely better, and it's about equal with FOABP (I need to listen to the second half more) and Stupid Dream (mostly great material, but Don't Hate Me drags the album down for me). I need to get familiar with the first four albums. I've heard TSMS once, but have never listened to the other three (though I have listened to Dark Matter from Signify).

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
I like Disc 2. The first three songs on it are some of the best songs on the album.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
I don't mind The Incident. I first heard the songs live and I thought they weren't too bad. I liked how they built up in the set, and after Drawing The Line, they went into Open Car and I thought that was a great part of that build up. 

I enjoy it up until Time Flies, then It kind of drags on for me, I lose interest around this point.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD