Author Topic: Bill Burr Appreciation Thread  (Read 7227 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: Bill Burr Appreciation Thread
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2021, 07:20:45 AM »
I've spent a few nights watching Carlin videos on youtube, and sometimes he's hilarious, and others he's just..angry. He's always very clever.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2021, 06:28:55 AM »
Carlin definitely got angry and too preachy in his later years, and I thought was less funny as a result, but his earlier material is some of the funniest stuff ever.  His bit on what aggravated him about plane rides is so good.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2021, 06:52:26 AM »
The only reason that I do not consider Carlin to be the greatest stand up comedian of all time is that, at one point near the end, he developed into something that's more than a stand up comedian. I do not what to call it, but even though it was still bright and featured funny lines here and there, it was more ironic and observational than humorous. It wasn't stand up comedy per se.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2021, 10:31:07 AM »
I found this youtuber who takes Bill Burr's podcasts and matches them to footage he's watching or talking about and some of them are just comedy gold.

This is another rabbit hole I didn't know I wanted to go down.

Here's one of him sharing his thoughts on the Pats vs Bucs game and I honestly wouldn't mind watching games with his commentary. Him doing a Tom Brady in the huddle impression is priceless.

There are others that are great as well.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2021, 10:36:36 AM »
I thought the same thing when comments on football, I'd love to hear commentate a full game.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2021, 10:15:04 AM »
The only reason that I do not consider Carlin to be the greatest stand up comedian of all time is that, at one point near the end, he developed into something that's more than a stand up comedian. I do not what to call it, but even though it was still bright and featured funny lines here and there, it was more ironic and observational than humorous. It wasn't stand up comedy per se.

His specials from 1990-2001 alone make him the greatest stand up comedian of all time.

His 70s and early 80s stuff is pretty genius stuff as well.

His later work is not preachy to me, instead he brings up topics NO ONE has the guts to bring up, maybe Bill Burr, he's said some wild stuff, but he's yet to 'go there' like Carlin did. They'd be trying to 'cancel' George if he were around today, despite everything he's talked about throughout his career. It wouldn't work, but they would try.

Offline TheRich13

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2021, 09:37:35 PM »
Love Bill Burr ! He’s pro dog balls !! Hilarious!
My parents are in the Iron and Steel business.
My Mother irons and my Father steals.
There are more horse’s asses in the world, than there are horses.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2022, 08:45:30 PM »
Bill has a new Netflix special out Live at Red Rocks. Hilarious rants as usual. The mushrooms story was hilarious.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2022, 09:09:44 PM »
Bill has a new Netflix special out Live at Red Rocks. Hilarious rants as usual. The mushrooms story was hilarious.

I saw this just came out. Gotta watch it soon.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind