Author Topic: 'The Mystic' new original  (Read 1047 times)

Offline cosmicwxdude

'The Mystic' new original
« on: February 18, 2021, 09:53:08 AM »
I like to share my originals here on occasion to see what others have to say and I get a few responses from time to time and I thank youz that do!    Here is a new one entitled 'The Mystic'.   I have become a but more proficient in recording with all my newer equip and I play all instruments/vocals on this one.  (i really should collaborate with others, but I like working in studio alone, easier  :) )     

Let me know what you think. My FB friends seem the really like this one, so do I.  3:17min long...little story about visiting a 'Mystic/Fortune Teller'.   Thanks for listening!

https://youtu.be/0kphp8wg6DI

Offline Architeuthis

Re: 'The Mystic' new original
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »
That is a really cool song!  I notice you are getting better at recording too.  The vocals sounded great and the arrangements are catchy and original sounding. 
The lead guitar seemed a bit too high in the mix during the main solo in the middle. However, I need to listen to it through a better sound system than my phone to get a more accurate take on that.  I run into that problem everytime I mix one of my recordings. The lead guitar keeps cutting through even when I back the levels off  below the rhythm tracks. One minute I'll think the leads sound fine and the next they start irritating me because they seem to be too loud again. It's like I'm caught in the twilight zone or something, lol!
Great job on your new song.   :tup
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline cosmicwxdude

Re: 'The Mystic' new original
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 02:16:58 PM »
Thanks again Arch! Appreciate it. I though the balance of the guitars, lead were good when listening on studio monitors and on my levels but I'll reassess. My recording techniques are improving with more stereo separations now plus with more and more playing in studio I get a lot of practice in and my chops continue to improve....all relative of course but I am pretty much self taught so it's always satisfying making some sort of accomplishment especially with soloing. Thanks again!