Author Topic: Mortal Kombat  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Mortal Kombat
« on: February 18, 2021, 10:45:26 AM »
The first trailer has been released

https://youtu.be/NYH2sLid0Zc

This is everything the first movie should've been. From the fighting, to the story, and the character designs. Most importantly, the fighting and the gorey style is kept in tact and I feel is essential to the Mortal Kombat franchise.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Mortal Kombat
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 11:43:04 AM »
This looks cool  :tup
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 11:48:58 AM »
Just came here to post.  This looks f'n bitchin.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 12:39:01 PM »
Fuck yeah. I like what i am seeing

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 09:21:22 PM »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 11:48:14 PM »
Worryingly it's by a first time film director and has a ragtag collection of no name actors and they have decided to create a completely new character the main protagonist, with no Jonny Cage......it actually looks decent!!

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 02:18:27 AM »
High hopes, even if the old MK movie will remain unique :D
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline Spiritus

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 04:09:59 AM »
Oh my god, its 1994 and im 13 again.  Finally mortal kombat movie  with actual crazy mortal kombat bloodiness.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 07:38:02 AM »
That trailer was fantastic. I haven't watched the first movie in ages but teen me loved it and the game of course was just what a teenager wants in a video game. I don't care about the story honestly, as long as they have great fight choreography which it already looks like. Fingers crossed.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 09:49:08 AM »
You know what's awesome too..
We get a new DLC content for the actual Mortal Kombat game...

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 07:12:00 AM »
Based on the trailer and the reviews I was expecting a quality film with great fights. Well, the fights were great but the dialog and acting were worse than the 90's version. The story was also surprisingly lacking considering the amount of lore to choose from. I'll check out the assumed sequel but I'm a bit let down by this one.

6/10

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 08:10:38 AM »
That's diasappointing

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 09:31:37 PM »
It was everything the first movie should have been. I wasn't too upset about the dialogue or acting, I wasn't expecting anything more than what we got.

It felt like I was watching a live Mortal Kombat story mode, but with no control of fighting. I enjoyed the way they incorporated the moves, and fatalities.

I thought it was cool how they made the universe feel more realistic. Especially, with how each character began using their special moves and fatalities. And I didn't mind Kano as well because his dialogue fit his personality.

Although I found the little Easter Egg stuff a bit cheesy, but I was expecting cheese.

I would rate it, out of 5.... 4/5.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2021, 12:58:31 PM »
Kano was the best part of the movie.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 09:46:15 AM »
Watched it

Liked everything except for the no name, audience insert character that they made out of thin air just for this movie. He had not business being there.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2021, 11:31:30 AM »
I went in expecting very little. I was mostly pleased. It's a very very dumb movie for the most part. I know the mentality of "just turn off your brain and enjoy the fighting" but I just can't do that in general. Luckily the action was mostly pretty well done. The problems for me were the script, and the actors other than Kano and Sub-Zero/Scorpion. The script is essentially the quality of a late 90's Steven Segal movie and the only actor who knows exactly what movie he's in is the dude who played Kano. Almost everyone else is just....bad and ultra bland beyond belief. The other exception being that intro scene which felt like a different (and much more interesting) movie.

Overall, it was enjoyable and I had a good time. Still wish the script was better and they found actors with more charisma.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2021, 03:19:26 AM »
As much as I like they didn't just reboot the first movie or game with strictly the same story, but :
-Where is the turnament ? This is really the issue for me, it feels like they just wiped with the scenario at 1/3rd of filming...
-The "magic" part of things comes brutally and sounds off
-The voices are so lame...I think I heard better ones in power rangers / brain dead / whatever...Shang tsung and raiden should have been subtitled from a parallel world language.
-Some death are a surprise, good or bad, we'll see.
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2021, 09:37:33 AM »
Saw it on a plane coming back from D.C. last night.  I expected a 5 or 6 out of 10, and got a 5 or 6 out of 10.  So...expectations met?  :lol 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."