Author Topic: Vektor - Outer Isolation [futuristic blackened thrash]  (Read 2964 times)

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
Vektor - Outer Isolation [futuristic blackened thrash]
« on: November 25, 2011, 03:22:45 PM »
I usually don't post outside of P&R but this band/album totally needs a thread. Their last album was amazing but the new one might be even better. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tAbcWrrIQU

wtf is the internet?

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
Re: Vektor - Outer Isolation [futuristic blackened thrash]
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 03:26:46 PM »
Ack, you're back!

Cool band.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Pinga

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Fantastic album. This one is even a teeny bit more extreme than Black Future.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 06:54:15 PM »
Some of the vocalist's highs remind me of Dani Filth. Even though I love Dani Filth, that's not really a good thing.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline adace

Offline Nothingface

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 03:23:40 PM »
It could be these new headphones I bought, but the vocals seem really low in the mix. The riffs are spectacular though, regardless.

Seeing them with Voivod in February.

Some of the vocalist's highs remind me of Dani Filth. Even though I love Dani Filth, that's not really a good thing.

This was inexcusably retarded even if it was back in 2011.
Condoms? Um, are they like a dream theater souvenir?  Where can I find those condoms? That'd be really nice to havr.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 05:54:52 AM »
new song, opening track from Terminal Redux "Charging the Void"  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4e5Jw9T5Zk

Offline SoundscapeMN

Offline Enigmachine

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »
LOVE what I've heard from them. So energetic and spectacularly written.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 11:02:13 PM »
this band rules and all of their new songs have been phenomenal, should be a good release

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 02:14:17 PM »
another new track "Pteropticon"

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZp440fWTwc"

Offline nattmorker

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 10:59:46 AM »
I just listened to them thanks to this thread, they're awesome! I like what i'm hearing!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 11:21:42 AM »
big thumbs up on "Collapse"

Offline Enigmachine

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 02:38:57 PM »
Terminal Redux is an AotY contender. Amazing album.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 12:04:58 AM »
I'm surprised (and disappointed) by the lack of discussion about this album. Possibly the best metal album of the year so far. Great great album.

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 07:02:10 AM »
I love their music and sound but can't get into the vocals so far... I'm not much a fan of black metal/death metal and only over the last few years have come around more to "harsh vocals". I'll keep giving them more listens and maybe I'll come around on it because I do really think they're pretty kick ass musically.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 07:05:40 AM »
I love their music and sound but can't get into the vocals so far... I'm not much a fan of black metal/death metal and only over the last few years have come around more to "harsh vocals". I'll keep giving them more listens and maybe I'll come around on it because I do really think they're pretty kick ass musically.

That was always my impression - fine music, iffy vocals.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 12:10:58 PM »
The Needle Drop Terminal Redux review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f54M6_5201I

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2016, 07:50:32 PM »
Everything about this band should be right up my alley, but I just can't get into it. I don't understand.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 01:33:54 PM »
Time to see what all the fuss is about  :corn

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 02:40:54 PM »
Best metal album of the year so far.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 03:06:04 PM »
Best metal album of the year so far.

Not sure about that but I like the similarities to Death  :metal

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2016, 06:21:01 PM »
bump.

most the band is leaving, which isn't too unusual, but still sad to see.

https://www.facebook.com/VektorOfficial/posts/10154096162496821

Greetings Vektonauts. With sadness we must inform you that we, Blake, Frank, and Erik, are all departing from Vektor effective immediately. It has been a completely incredible 10-ish years that has brought us all around the world and introduced us to so many super generous, passionate, friendly people and produced three albums of which we are extremely proud. Seeing the reception for Terminal Redux in particular after all of the hard work put into it has been very humbling. Sadly we've reached a point where we can't continue with the working arrangement we have, for a number of reasons that we find unnecessary to discuss publicly. There's no big story or drama, people and personalities simply change and drift apart and we've reached our limit.
The three of us are lifer musicians and will continue to be. You'll be seeing us in other contexts, other bands, recordings, tours, and more. Our time in Vektor has been a major part of our lives and parting with that will be a serious adjustment, but ultimately we're excited to see other new ways we can put our ideas to use. We are -hugely- grateful to everyone that came out to shows, picked up merch, listened to the music, showed us a great time and kept us going. We accomplished more than we ever thought was possible when we joined and we hope you'll stay tuned for what we do next - you have certainly not seen the last of us.
We don't know if this means Dave will seek new members and continue Vektor or not, that is for him to decide and announce in his own time.
Given that it's the holidays and the future of the band is out of our hands, we'd appreciate some space for the time being as we enjoy time with friends and family (please don't message our personal pages about it, we won't reply). All the best and we'll see you down the road.
-Blake, Frank, and Erik

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2016, 06:38:50 PM »
Shame - I struggled with them due to the vocals but tried hard to like them as I recognised they had their own thing and did it very well.   Any time one of the unique bands in the genre calls it a day is sad.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2018, 07:58:41 AM »
bump.

=68.ARAvKmCjXMASq7LD_ffDHZ1AABxtYTueQRXLOO1kgkFgzQa2hdV-O68Dbx3nm5p2tVEZr4VuubFotYs8mjQ3AB1cRzDJhRCcGikg5NNQDjBS5pysiHX6zbLlzIYmDHAGZW2E_2dRzrut8FMw1G6Ieijb3fNr3RiDAXNNgaI56Tc6CmaQQ_xqnO6OrdNhh3oK5VEXaf33jg_ajcsCpRLqFlNBFA-MulJZ04pkVB2xJx24dAguhC7VFXr21pRRDW5vI6s4HIPo9ZOOdR8s4vCAyp96EnBHeyU8M-P2ZMLWunkplNHyIVJcnH6qSPPckzRdhDLkqSGoWuCnpw&__tn__=-R]Per Facebook

Terminal Redux is a concept album about the band.

Alright. There’s a lot that needs to be said. I’m tired of reading misinformed people’s comments about what happened with myself and former members of Vektor. I could write an entire book about what happened, but I have a respect for my friends that goes beyond our immediate discrepancies that led to our falling apart. Trust me, I know, it fucking sucks. I miss those guys and I’m sure they miss me too, or at least what we did together. They were pretty much my entire world. They were that shining beacon of light that I had to look forward to every week in regards to band practice. Band practice became so ingrained on my mind that that’s what kept me going week to week. I still to this day don’t have anything as bonding as two days a week band practice and it’s something I’m trying to work through/resolve. It’s tough even getting to that point, it’s tough during that point, and it’s even tougher when it doesn’t work out.

A gathering and divergence of individuals is never easy in the coming together or the splitting apart. There are so many variables that come into play when you’re talking about different personalities trying to make something together. That’s a huge part of why good bands are so important, because it’s so fragile. Good bands are like our oceans, Borneo, the Amazon, or any of the other ecosystems that are fading. I’m truly sorry for the failure of this particular ecosystem. It doesn’t make sense, because I’ve always been a proponent of balance. I think that was a huge part of Vektor’s undoing. To anyone that knows me personally, they know I’m a pacifist.

I held two titles for the duration of the lineup that everyone is so familiar with: one was a peacekeeper, and one was a band leader. Those two titles can never really coexist. The dynamic of the band turned early on. There were days that we shared a democratic vision of what the band would do, and then there were days when it didn’t seem fair to share what the band’s future endeavors would be. When you’re in a band, you can’t really pick and choose what those might be.

I realized very early that this trip was not going to be an easy vacation. “Dark Nebula” was my first thoughts into this. “Outer Isolation” was my first real interpretation of the matter of acknowledging the fact that my friends were driving me away from the things I loved and the things that they portrayed.

“Terminal Redux” was a culmination of so many things that had been coming for a long time. “Terminal Redux” means the end again. It’s the title that had been playing over and over in my head. The meaningful withdrawal from the band, I had been thinking it years before. It is a concept album, but it’s a concept album about the band. Only a few close friends know this, and now you. I’m sorry for getting you involved in this nonsense. I guess some or most fans might be interested to know. I just can’t read a slew of bullshit comments and let it be portrayed as truth anymore.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 01:03:08 PM »
bump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKsjhDC7LLQ&feature=youtu.be

new song as part of a New Split EP  'Transmissions of Chaos," with a band called Cryptosis that is released today, 2/25.

Vektor's David DiSanto comments: “We are proud to release "Activate", which is the first of our two songs on our upcoming Split EP with our buddies in Cryptosis! This song features our new drummer Mike Ohlson, our new bass player Stephen Coon, and my old friend Erik Nelson. This song is about the reactivation of Vektor. We hope it spreads a little positivity in these trying times. After touring with Cryptosis (then named Distillator) in 2015, we are extremely excited to be working with them again. Keep an eye out as updates become available for our upcoming Split EP, "Transmissions of Chaos".

Online Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 01:37:43 PM »
Cool songs, seems like they're trying some new approaches to vocals too, which might be good news for some of y'all. Stellar fucking production as well, this is exactly how I like my metal guitars and drums to sound :metal :metal :metal
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1