Author Topic: LOVEBITES - Judgement Day Live  (Read 9377 times)

Offline ozzy554

Re: LOVEBITES - Nameless Warrior (New Track Upcoming on Greatest Hits)
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2021, 09:49:14 PM »
They gave Miho her own separate credit in the description on the YouTube video. This release seems to indicate that they 100% intend to continue as a band though so I'm happy to see that.

With the emphasis they put on their live performances I'm sure they'll be taking their time on finding a replacement. I don't expect to hear anything until they find someone who can perform on the same level.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline PetFish

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2021, 12:36:32 AM »
The silver lining is that she's probably the easiest member to replace but it still sucks that this is happening.  Now she's hanging out with Aldious a lot but I doubt Sawa is in any danger of being replaced or anything.

I still don't get it.

Why leave your band when you're about to conquer the world and not give a real reason.  All that fans can do is speculate from alcoholism to being afraid of covid to who knows what else.  It would have been much better for everyone to just say the reason so we can understand... especially when they write and speak so often about their destinies aligning to be together and all that.

I don't know the J-Metal scene well enough to think of any available bass players they could get.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2021, 07:48:00 AM »
The silver lining is that she's probably the easiest member to replace but it still sucks that this is happening.  Now she's hanging out with Aldious a lot but I doubt Sawa is in any danger of being replaced or anything.

I still don't get it.

Why leave your band when you're about to conquer the world and not give a real reason.  All that fans can do is speculate from alcoholism to being afraid of covid to who knows what else.  It would have been much better for everyone to just say the reason so we can understand... especially when they write and speak so often about their destinies aligning to be together and all that.

I don't know the J-Metal scene well enough to think of any available bass players they could get.

One thing I noticed is that Japan can put more of an emphasis on privacy so unless Miho releases a statement herself we won't know for sure.

If her leaving is due to mental health/alcoholism reasons as is rumored than its probably for the best. Lovebites never stops with 3 albums, 3 EPS and 3 live albums in their short history. That plus all the touring they did and all the time practicing they do to put on their note for note perfect live shows. I'm the pace they work at is exhausting both mentally and physically.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline PetFish

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2021, 11:14:31 AM »
Yeah, I get the privacy thing, and it's cool that nobody is holding up their phones to film over there, they all just want to enjoy the performance so it's so tough to find live fan-shot stuff on Youtube.

I really just think it would have been better for her/them/us if an actual reason was given as I think speculating isn't a good thing but it's what fans have to resort to.

I'm even more upset with the Aldious/R!N situation though.  Her voice was it for me.  Her power, style, vibrato, tone, and just the whole package is awesome.

Maki is ok and if I hadn't hear R!N I'd be fine.  They spent so much money/time/effort with R!N and after her (short) mental health breakdown she's back to music but not with Aldious so who knows what that's all about even.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2021, 11:37:45 AM »
Yeah, I get the privacy thing, and it's cool that nobody is holding up their phones to film over there, they all just want to enjoy the performance so it's so tough to find live fan-shot stuff on Youtube.

I really just think it would have been better for her/them/us if an actual reason was given as I think speculating isn't a good thing but it's what fans have to resort to.

I'm even more upset with the Aldious/R!N situation though.  Her voice was it for me.  Her power, style, vibrato, tone, and just the whole package is awesome.

Maki is ok and if I hadn't hear R!N I'd be fine.  They spent so much money/time/effort with R!N and after her (short) mental health breakdown she's back to music but not with Aldious so who knows what that's all about even.

For me, The fans do not have to know anything at all. I think that bands do not, and should not, have an obligation to be public with anything about a band member. The band does not have to give a reason why.

It's best for her not to disclose anything personal to the public.

People have this odd sense of needing to know everything about someone they do not and will never get to know personally. This is Idolization which can develop into an unhealthy obsession.

If you do not idolize, you will not care at all about a band members personal dealings. If they do not want to say anything, you accept it and move on. When you obsess over the need to know, then you are gearing toward an unhealthy obsession.

For me, I am on these forums to connect with like-minded individuals who happen to enjoy the same bands I do. I like to speculate, like anyone else does. But, I also understand the line of obsession and fun talk. The need to know about a band members personal dealings and situations is where that line is drawn, for me. Just look at the amount of extreme speculation about the reasons for Diego leaving and the band chose to put out a joint statement with Hakens statement and Diego's written statement where he gives us his reason to why he is not in the band anymore. I accept the reason of "creative differences" and will move on to being interested in Diego's future projects, while also interested in the future of Haken. I am not upset and sad about the decision and the reason. I can accept the reason, and live with it. Even if the reason does not jibe with my feelings being hurt cause a band member is leaving, especially a founding member.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline PetFish

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2021, 05:48:09 PM »
I'm gonna bail out now since I'm failing at articulating what's in my head regarding information and lack thereof and what I think they should have done.

Now I just hope they can get a replacement soon and get back to it.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2022, 04:44:12 PM »
I have no idea what is going on with the one band member leaving, but after a few quick listens, their music is awesome!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline PetFish

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2022, 02:13:09 PM »
Welcome aboard!

I haven't even heard anything about any auditions or a wish list of bass players or even if they're looking.  It's weird cuz they made so much music in such a short amount of time and this is the longest they've gone without doing anything.

Maybe they need a break, and that's fine, but I'd love to get more info from the band about what's going on.  All I seem to get tweets about are what sushi they're eating or that they just changed their guitar strings.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2022, 08:12:19 PM »
Finally some news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySe6LErin4

At the very least it's nice to finally know that they are officially not stopping.

Offline PetFish

Re: LOVEBITES - Bass Auditions!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2022, 08:52:05 PM »
Midori & Miyako Jamming on Bassist Audition Track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UDIGCvz2X0

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: LOVEBITES - Midori & Miyako Jamming on Bassist Audition Track
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2022, 08:07:03 AM »
New bassist Fami announced, 20 years old, mostly did YouTube covers. Checked out a few of her videos, she's got some serious chops.

https://youtube.com/channel/UClb3hP4Oc5hcN_3UjvJMIpw

Offline PetFish

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2022, 10:01:37 AM »
Dammit, Lonestar, I just got up and you beat me to it.

So excited!  The black looks so cool on them.  Especially on Midori.  She's intimidating AF.

EDIT:  I changed the thread title, though, so I finished strong.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2022, 10:07:52 AM »
Dammit, Lonestar, I just got up and you beat me to it.

So excited!  The black looks so cool on them.  Especially on Midori.  She's intimidating AF.

EDIT:  I changed the thread title, though, so I finished strong.

Blame it on the fact that I work hella early and was able to watch the premiere live. Still wish I liked the vocalist more, their music is so solid.

Midori is amazing, I never knew she was a competitive bodybuilder too, she is so fucking cut...

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
Re: LOVEBITES - NEW BASS PLAYER!
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2022, 12:04:02 PM »
And with the new bass player comes the inevitable new album announcement...

Judgement Day will be released 2/22/23, with a return to live shows to follow.

Offline PetFish

Re: LOVEBITES - Judgement Day is February 22, 2023
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2022, 06:04:32 PM »
Dammit!  I'm the bridesmaid again but I still changed the title!  I think you're letting me have the small victory.

https://lovebites.jp/news/#news275

It's crazy how there's nothing really going on that they tell us and then BAM here's a whole bunch of stuff.  I thought "ok, now they have bass, maybe they'll do an album by the end of 2023 or early 2024" and instead it's already friggin' finished. 

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2022, 06:15:36 PM »
I got a buddy here who wants to hit the 3/11 and 3/12 shows in Japan, and already has tix for the 3/7-3/9 Nemophila shows in California. That's gonna be a busy fucking week...

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2022, 04:34:16 PM »
Ok, I tried to give you some time, but it's been 12 hours already.

New single Judgement Day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3uGjp-P7DI&ab_channel=LOVEBITES

Guitar work on this one is mindblowing, and the new bassist Fami is seamless in their sound. Still getting cozy with the vocals, otherwise an outstanding track.

Offline PetFish

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2022, 04:45:31 PM »
Thanks for trying, stupid work and their stupid work requirements like showing up.

Only watched once but it's amazing as usual.  I miss Miho's head-banging and I haaaaaaaaaaate headless guitars but so far, so good with Fami.

If I'm ever out for a walk with Midori and we get jumped she'll handle it while I enjoy some popcorn.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2022, 04:49:42 PM »
Thanks for trying, stupid work and their stupid work requirements like showing up.

Only watched once but it's amazing as usual.  I miss Miho's head-banging and I haaaaaaaaaaate headless guitars but so far, so good with Fami.

If I'm ever out for a walk with Midori and we get jumped she'll handle it while I enjoy some popcorn.

No shit lol...that girl is fucking cut.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: LOVEBITES - Judgement Day Video!
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2022, 04:52:24 PM »
Well that was a yummy little treat.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2022, 05:01:07 PM »
Two J-metal bands clicked with J-boy in as many days...maybe the tides are turning.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2022, 05:20:08 PM »
Two J-metal bands clicked with J-boy in as many days...maybe the tides are turning.

In the wise words of Winston Wolff... "Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet."
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2022, 05:21:50 PM »

New single Judgement Day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3uGjp-P7DI&ab_channel=LOVEBITES

Guitar work on this one is mindblowing, and the new bassist Fami is seamless in their sound. Still getting cozy with the vocals, otherwise an outstanding track.

Wow, that is outstanding.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline PetFish

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2022, 10:05:16 PM »
No shit lol...that girl is fucking cut.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2022, 11:04:46 PM »
Oh I've seen that side of her already  :D

Btw bud, if you haven't already, check out Lonesome_Blue's debut album Second to None. It's outstanding beginning to end.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2022, 08:31:05 PM »
I love how the song starts with the bass prominently in front. I like Fami's style and I think she fits in with the band perfectly. Song itself has most of what I love from the band as well so all good stuff.

I just love how losing a member didn't even slow them down. The amount of content they've put out since their formation puts many bands to shame.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2022, 02:55:34 PM »
Guitar work on this one is mindblowing
Their guitar work is always fantastic. Miho was great of course, but Midori and Miyaki have always been the thing that interest me most about the band.

This thread reminded me to go back and watch their 2020 DVD performance of Holy War, so damn good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgAxpEpEcno&

New single is very solid. Last full-length was easily their best album so far IMO, the earlier ones are decent but that one was a step up as it had much stronger hooks. So I'm looking forward to hearing the new one.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2022, 04:50:25 PM »
Never really checked this band out before, but I've spent some time this afternoon with them. Really excellent music that is right in my wheelhouse.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline PetFish

« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2022, 07:24:52 PM »
Btw bud, if you haven't already, check out Lonesome_Blue's debut album Second to None. It's outstanding beginning to end.

I just saw their stuff recently but haven't had time to really check it out but I definitely want to.

I.  Hate.  Headless.  Guitars.

I just love how losing a member didn't even slow them down. The amount of content they've put out since their formation puts many bands to shame.

Meanwhile in the land of Aldious...  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline PetFish

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2022, 07:32:04 PM »
I just found the track listing but no iTunes pre-order yet:

01. We Are The Resurrection
02. Judgement Day
03. The Spirit Lives On
04. Wicked Witch
05. Stand And Deliver (Shoot 'Em Down)
06. Victim Of Time
07. My Orion
08. Lost In The Garden
09. Dissonance
10. Soldier Stands Solitarily

I hope they have at least one ballady song like Epilogue or Edge of the World.  Maybe "The Spirit Lives On" or "My Orion".  I think they need more places to slow things down and rest.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2022, 07:54:40 PM »
Just listened to Electric Pentagram.

WOW! What an amazing album.
I guess when I've seen the name, I think I had them confused with It Bites.

Anyway, what's the info on the new album? Title? Release date?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2022, 07:57:15 PM »

I just saw their stuff recently but haven't had time to really check it out but I definitely want to.

I.  Hate.  Headless.  Guitars.

It's so damn good... Headless guitars aside. And honestly, Narumi's work may change your opinion, she's insanely diverse and so damn talented.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2022, 08:27:48 PM »
Just listened to Electric Pentagram.

WOW! What an amazing album.
I guess when I've seen the name, I think I had them confused with It Bites.

Anyway, what's the info on the new album? Title? Release date?

New album is also called Judgement Day and is releasing February 22nd
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2022, 08:32:33 PM »
Cool. I'm on it!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2022, 08:44:21 PM »
J-metal has something for everyone Tim.