Author Topic: The Cryptocurrencies Thread  (Read 22378 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Cryptocurrencies Thread
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2021, 07:26:00 PM »
PSA: go get some $NANO

Dang, should have listened to you... up over 40% today.

I ended up getting out during a little spike yesterday. I made just shy of a grand and walked away.

What happened to "To the moon?!"
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2021, 04:30:35 AM »
It’s not too late.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2021, 05:31:34 AM »
PSA: go get some $NANO

Dang, should have listened to you... up over 40% today.

I ended up getting out during a little spike yesterday. I made just shy of a grand and walked away.

What happened to "To the moon?!"

:lol :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2021, 07:04:23 AM »
Don't know where else to post this. Have any of you been following this "Crypto Art" thing?

https://www.cnet.com/news/christies-nft-auction-closes-at-69-million-as-digital-art-sets-off-a-gold-rush/

I'm still trying to wrap my head around people buying tweets and digital art (specially for such a high price).

I get the whole thing of getting the original, high quality file. I think it would make sense for music, where you get the master track, but an image or tweet just seems...weird (for lack of a better term). We all seen the "bad luck Brian" meme. Well, that just sold for $36,000

https://www.businessinsider.com/bad-luck-brian-meme-nft-crypto-art-blockchain-ethereum-foundation-2021-3
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2021, 07:36:27 AM »
Never heard of it until now and I certainly don't understand the value, but I feel like a lot of art has value to people that I don't understand so I guess this is just another variation of that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2021, 05:08:32 PM »
And I just got home and logged into twitter and see this from a local artist I follow:

https://twitter.com/jayalders/status/1370525103969161217

He does custom artwork for the local 311 show posters and I see after clicking the link that he's seliing the digital art for the last 311 concert in NJ he did poster artwork for...  https://opensea.io/assets/0x495f947276749ce646f68ac8c248420045cb7b5e/80664583166715799761198844096283981962147416828196170924476407694787044442113

I don't understand it.  It says it's 1 of 1 but digital, I guess that has something to do with the blockchain aspect of it? Either way, its got not bigs at 25 cents starting but a reserve price of $443 which I just can't fathom paying for a file of a picture.  Once again, I don't understand but if people find value in it, so be it.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2021, 11:54:15 AM »
I plan on throwing some of my stimulus into crypto. Other than Bitcoin I haven't heard much about any of the others. Thoughts on how I should divvy it out? I was thinking $2000 total for now. All in bitcoin, or diversify into some of the others too?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2021, 01:05:47 PM »
Diversity is usually paramount to just about anything when it comes to investing, but alt currencies are so confusing to me I am not sure even that applies here.  :lol

I have had $10k split between 4 different cryptos since the start of the year. I did a little reading before starting, but I am still sub-novice level on this.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2021, 02:58:27 PM »
Diversity is usually paramount to just about anything when it comes to investing, but alt currencies are so confusing to me I am not sure even that applies here.  :lol

I have had $10k split between 4 different cryptos since the start of the year. I did a little reading before starting, but I am still sub-novice level on this.
Yeah, I figured diversifying is a good thing. I just don't know if it's best to invest in 5 different cryptos evenly, or weigh the bigger ones more. If nothing else, I thought about throwing $100 in on some of the newer, lower value ones just in case they really take off like bitcoin has. Ultimately I think I want to get to 5% of my portfolio in crypto, but it will take me some time to get there.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2021, 08:44:06 PM »
Right, "diversification" normally means large cap, small cap, bonds, etc.... that doesn't translate to crypto.

Without looking I imagine I am at about 5% of my non-retirement investments in crypto at the moment.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2021, 07:33:34 AM »
What app/site do you guys recommend to buy on?

I was looking at either Swanbitcoin or robinhood

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2021, 09:34:16 AM »

I was looking at either Swanbitcoin or robinhood

Depends on what cryptos you want to buy. My brother gifted me some bitcoin on coinbase so I have that, but I mainly use Robinhood because it's free.  Robinhood got a lot of flack recently for the GME stuff, but I find the app to be so simple and easy, and free so it's a bit hard for me to completely drop it because of their actions (which might have actually saved me money).

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2021, 10:10:52 AM »
Does Robinhood allow you guys to buy crypto and move it to your wallets? Or are you guys buying CFD only?

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2021, 10:26:28 AM »
Does Robinhood allow you guys to buy crypto and move it to your wallets? Or are you guys buying CFD only?

Negative. You don't actually hold the currency in any capacity when you use Robin Hood.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2021, 11:29:30 AM »

Negative. You don't actually hold the currency in any capacity when you use Robin Hood.

Other than moving between wallets, is there a reason I should be concerned with having some bitcoin in robinhood?

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2021, 11:32:08 AM »

Other than moving between wallets, is there a reason I should be concerned with having some bitcoin in robinhood?

You have no way to spend it if your intention is to actually use it as currency. At least I don't think you can through robinhood.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2021, 11:33:47 AM »

You have no way to spend it if your intention is to actually use it as currency. At least I don't think you can through robinhood.

Ah, fine by me if that's the case.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2021, 11:56:42 AM »

I think the safest way is to have the cryptos under your own control. If something goes terribly wrong with RH you could lose your investment.

What Chino said too.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2021, 08:11:29 PM »

I am sub-novice level on this so don't take it as a recommendation, but I use Uphold.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2021, 08:49:11 PM »
I have friends into crypto and they recommend
Binance
Kraken
Blockchain
Cryptocurrency

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2021, 07:38:07 AM »
Curious what all your intention is for your crypto currencies? Do you frequently buy and sell as the market fluctuates? Any buy and hold investors? I'm generally a buy and hold investors in stocks, but crypto seems to be a different animal.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2021, 10:58:25 AM »
Curious what all your intention is for your crypto currencies? Do you frequently buy and sell as the market fluctuates? Any buy and hold investors? I'm generally a buy and hold investors in stocks, but crypto seems to be a different animal.

I dont have the time of day nor the risky attitude to be a day trader.  I'm buying and holding for now.

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2021, 08:22:41 AM »

I dont have the time of day nor the risky attitude to be a day trader.  I'm buying and holding for now.
This is what I'm thinking too. I'm dumping $2000 into crypto for now, mostly in Bitcoin and Ethereum, but a little in some smaller ones too. I don't plan to sell any of them unless they go through a crazy 5000% spike or something. I plan to add a little more here and there, especially in more small ones. Those are the ones with the potential for massive growth. I don't think Bitcoin has another 5000% gain in it. But the small ones have a higher risk of being a complete bust too.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2021, 08:50:22 AM »
I follow a guy on Telegram he always talks about altcoins such as
ADA
DENT
NPXS
WIN
VET
NANO
BANANO (this one I am mining through Folding@Home - https://bananominer.com/) it's ridiculously cheap but seems to have a great project and a great community.

EDIT: here’s the Telegram channel https://t.me/projectmimo
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 10:04:54 AM by MinistroRaven »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2021, 05:47:23 PM »
I evaluate my MF/ETF positions periodically, and buy/sell what few equities I pursue occasionally. But I am planning on holding my crypto for the long haul.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2021, 05:55:21 AM »

This is what I'm thinking too. I'm dumping $2000 into crypto for now, mostly in Bitcoin and Ethereum, but a little in some smaller ones too. I don't plan to sell any of them unless they go through a crazy 5000% spike or something. I plan to add a little more here and there, especially in more small ones. Those are the ones with the potential for massive growth. I don't think Bitcoin has another 5000% gain in it. But the small ones have a higher risk of being a complete bust too.

You never know what the future holds. I remember when Bitcoin was approaching $1000 and nobody could fathom the gains. Same thing when it approached $10,000. Another 5000% climb seems like a bit of a stretch, but with time and inflation, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bitcoin approach $250K one day, maybe more. It's going to become a way for the uber rich and the elite to keep their money safe.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2021, 11:41:59 AM »
HOW TO Buy #TRDG💰:

1- Install Trust Wallet
2- Go to the Dex part
3- Swap BNB to Smarchain
4- Go to the Dapp part
5- Search pancakeswap.finance
6- Set network to Smartchain
7- Set Slippage 6%
🚀Swap BNB to #TRDG🚀

🍎Add #TRDG token to Trust Wallet & PancakeSwap:
Copy contract address in search box

🍎Contract address:
0x92a42Db88Ed0F02c71D439e55962Ca7CAB0168b5

🍎Last price:
https://t.me/TardigradesPriceChat

🍎Chart link:
https://goswapp-bsc.web.app/0x92a42db88ed0f02c71d439e55962ca7cab0168b5

🍎Number of holders:
https://bscscan.com/token/0x92a42db88ed0f02c71d439e55962ca7cab0168b5#balances

💻Site: tardigrades.finance

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2021, 09:12:51 PM »
No idea what it is or what it does* but XRP is up over 40% in the past 48 hours**.

*sadly, as I own some

**happily, as I own some
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:23:00 AM by Cool Chris »

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2021, 09:46:25 AM »
No idea what it is or what it does* but XRP is up over 40% in the past 48 hours**.

*sadly, as I own some

**happily, as I own some
I'm in the exact same boat. Fun to watch it go up, but I don't own enough to get too excited. It's one of the handful of minor ones I tossed $100 at in case it saw a massive spike for some reason. It's coming back down now of course, along with pretty much everything else.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2021, 10:46:46 AM »
Now it's 119% for the week, 213% for the month.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2021, 11:14:44 AM »
ETH is having a pretty good run at the moment, I'm happy I was able to get some a little while back.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2021, 11:23:59 AM »
Bitcoin over 63k now, doge coin is going up too. 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2021, 11:46:43 AM »
I made a cool $200 on doge today. I got out about twenty minutes ago and will put it all back in at the dump.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2021, 07:19:16 PM »
I am at the point now where, on the one hand, I am afraid to tell my wife how much money I sank in to crypto, and on the other, telling her how well things are trending up. Since January when I bought in to crypto, I have "made" more money in digital coins than I've made at my job.

Online MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2021, 08:33:31 PM »
I am at the point now where, on the one hand, I am afraid to tell my wife how much money I sank in to crypto, and on the other, telling her how well things are trending up. Since January when I bought in to crypto, I have "made" more money in digital coins than I've made at my job.

Amazing!