Author Topic: Lost Not Forgotten Archives Wishlist  (Read 38446 times)

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
Re: Lost Not Forgotten Archives Wishlist
« Reply #385 on: July 08, 2021, 07:11:28 AM »
(and I'm not at all interested in vinyl).

To me, I am especially interested in vinyl. Bought the first LNF Archive, pre-orderd the second one and for sure I'll buy the Train of Thought demo release. I on the other hand, am not interested in bootlegs. I've got many vinyls already but they're all official releases from Dream Theater. Therefore, this serie of LNF Archives is like a gift to me.
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #386 on: July 08, 2021, 07:17:38 AM »
That's cool that this is of interest to you.  I didn't mean to be dismissive with what I said; I meant it more to acknowledge that I knew the vinyl was new and something different, and that I was talking about the content not the medium.  I imagine for a vinyl loving DT fan, this is a treasure trove.

Offline Wim Kruithof

• Official Guardian of The Shattered Fortress
« Reply #387 on: July 08, 2021, 07:25:30 AM »
thanks, but I figured you ment it possitive already.

But I wonder, are there bootlegs that Dream Theater considered to be official releases? That Dream Theater were involved with, in the production process?
Wim pointed out something I don't see mentioned very often...

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: July 08, 2021, 08:08:24 AM »

thanks, but I figured you ment it possitive already.

But I wonder, are there bootlegs that Dream Theater considered to be official releases? That Dream Theater were involved with, in the production process?

Well, there's the Official Bootlegs series, previously released by Ytsejam Records, which are apparently going to be re-released in this LNF Archives series.

Offline brents319

« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2021, 08:56:59 AM »
I would love to hear a studio version of Master of Puppets.  I am confident it doesn't exist but, that would be super cool.

And, I think it would be interesting to hear remixes/alternate versions of anything in the last 15 years or so.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #390 on: July 12, 2021, 09:24:16 AM »
It's both amazing and sad how much my relationship with physical media has changed. Fifteen years ago, when I was a youngling just getting into the band, the thought of a new and improved Ytse Jam Records would have sent me over the moon. I would be stealing my parents' credit cards and filling my shopping cart this very moment. Unfortunately, I've been pulled into the streaming world more and more. Just the other day, I streamed the entirety of Opeth's Damnation over my phone at the touch of a button, and it was amazing lossless quality too. I will definitely be buying some stuff to support the band, but I probably won't be buying as much as I once would have, especially since a lot of it will be on Apple Music.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #391 on: July 12, 2021, 11:31:48 AM »
Here's a dumb question; is there a central site with all the releases (so far) in the LNFA catalogue? There are the three vinyl releases (autographed; the picture of Petrooch down at the bottom left is awesome beyond words) and there's a link to a page that has a bunch of retailers listed, but how's one to know what the complete list is, if, say, they were a completist of sorts? 

Is it only the three right now?

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline pg1067

« Reply #394 on: July 12, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »
https://lostnotforgottenarchives.dreamtheater.net/

Yes, but that's just the vinyl.

Exactly.  It says, "This website will be the exclusive retailer for autographed, limited edition vinyl."  It then provides a link "[f]or a full list of available retail options, including CD and standard edition vinyl."  However, when you click that link, it merely takes you to a page with links to a bunch of music services (along with a link that goes back to the page for which Noxon provided a link), and almost none of those services seem to have all three releases readily available.  For example, I clicked the "Rough Trade" link, and the only thing DT related was a 12" single of Pull Me Under.  The (first) YouTube link is just a link to a video for PMU.  Spotify and the second YouTube link are streaming (as are a few others, I expect).

This link has all three offerings (and some other things):  https://centurymedia.store/dept/dream-theater?cp=102832_103046_104294

Once they get all of the old YJR catalog up, they really need a one-stop shop, rather than making folks hunt around.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #395 on: July 12, 2021, 03:30:20 PM »
https://lostnotforgottenarchives.dreamtheater.net/

Yes, but that's just the vinyl.

Exactly.  It says, "This website will be the exclusive retailer for autographed, limited edition vinyl."  It then provides a link "[f]or a full list of available retail options, including CD and standard edition vinyl."  However, when you click that link, it merely takes you to a page with links to a bunch of music services (along with a link that goes back to the page for which Noxon provided a link), and almost none of those services seem to have all three releases readily available.  For example, I clicked the "Rough Trade" link, and the only thing DT related was a 12" single of Pull Me Under.  The (first) YouTube link is just a link to a video for PMU.  Spotify and the second YouTube link are streaming (as are a few others, I expect).

This link has all three offerings (and some other things):  https://centurymedia.store/dept/dream-theater?cp=102832_103046_104294

Once they get all of the old YJR catalog up, they really need a one-stop shop, rather than making folks hunt around.

That website and link is the one-stop shop. It's not that hard to navigate. Having the Century Media link, CMStoreUS, be the first "Go To" Link should be enough for people to see that the Century Media website is the place to get all 3 versions of the releases.

Ytsejam Records made a deal with Inside Out Records to release physical versions of these Lost Not Forgotten Archive releases. Century Media owns Inside Out. It is fitting that Century Media is the main place where all 3 versions are sold.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline pg1067

« Reply #396 on: July 12, 2021, 04:13:22 PM »
That website and link is the one-stop shop. It's not that hard to navigate. Having the Century Media link, CMStoreUS, be the first "Go To" Link should be enough for people to see that the Century Media website is the place to get all 3 versions of the releases.

The CM link is third on the list, and I had no idea that "CMSTOREUS" was something official (especially when it's followed by one that says, "OFFICIAL STORE"), so I tried about five others before trying "CMSTOREUS."  I'd also never heard of Century Media before now.

Having a link that takes you to a page with 12 links is cumbersome, and folks who may only be moderately interested aren't going to spend time trying to find the right one.  Why not say, "All of the LNF releases are available at the Century Media store" (with link)?  It's pretty simple.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #397 on: July 12, 2021, 04:23:11 PM »

The CM link is third on the list, and I had no idea that "CMSTOREUS" was something official (especially when it's followed by one that says, "OFFICIAL STORE"), so I tried about five others before trying "CMSTOREUS."  I'd also never heard of Century Media before now.

Having a link that takes you to a page with 12 links is cumbersome, and folks who may only be moderately interested aren't going to spend time trying to find the right one.  Why not say, "All of the LNF releases are available at the Century Media store" (with link)?  It's pretty simple.

I get why they have that link of the "Official Store" in the list of links. As other places can easily use that link to link their audience to the many places where you can hear or buy the releases. Having the Official Store in that list lets those who read that other source to know there is an Official Store, where they will find that it's the official place for the vinyls, and to look at the list they just looked at for the cd releases.

When you are on that link website, Youtube and Spotify are at the top as people utilize these options for listening. The first option to buy a physical product is the CM link. After that are the other sites that offer other versions of the releases.

It only took me like 3 seconds to click that link and then click the 3rd CMstore link that says on it's tab "Go To". I am not going to click Youtube or Spotify as on their tab it says "Listen" and lets me know that I won't be able to "buy" the release.

I would find it amazing if someone found it so cumbersome they didn't want to waste 3 seconds out their precious time to look for this link.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #398 on: July 12, 2021, 07:25:55 PM »
Ok, so.... minor nitpick about that site... could they not have figured out how to put the whole title of each product on the main page, instead of posting listings such as below, so I have to click on each one to see exactly what it is?

DREAM THEATER - LOST NOT FORGOTTEN ARCHIVES: A DRAMA...
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline adastra

« Reply #399 on: July 12, 2021, 11:23:18 PM »
I got my Images and Words like in Japan last friday, but oddly enough, I also received the A Dramatic Tour of Events - Select Board Mixes too!
I thought that it would be released 23.7.2021.  Even the seller (Levykauppa X, Finland),  says that it will be released on that date.
Well, I don´t mind, haha.
Stay by my side / as I fade / so you can point to the end of my struggle /and the twilight of eternal days / at the low, dark edge of life.

Offline Sebastián Pratesi

« Reply #400 on: July 13, 2021, 05:46:02 AM »
Someone on Reddit accidentally found a hint that the Master Of Puppets cover album might be released soon. https://www.reddit.com/r/Dreamtheater/comments/oie6bw/weird_thing_came_up_when_i_tried_to_update_the/

I got my Images and Words like in Japan last friday, but oddly enough, I also received the A Dramatic Tour of Events - Select Board Mixes too!
I thought that it would be released 23.7.2021.  Even the seller (Levykauppa X, Finland),  says that it will be released on that date.
Well, I don´t mind, haha.
Cool! How do they sound?

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #401 on: July 13, 2021, 08:22:36 AM »
Someone on Reddit accidentally found a hint that the Master Of Puppets cover album might be released soon. https://www.reddit.com/r/Dreamtheater/comments/oie6bw/weird_thing_came_up_when_i_tried_to_update_the/

Maybe DT will do the following pattern to release the LNFA titles: live, live, demo and covers? I think this makes sense, since the majority of the material is from live recordings.
Anyway, it would be interesting to upload the other official bootlegs on windows media player and see what happens.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: July 13, 2021, 08:34:11 AM »
FWIW Laser's Edge (www.lasercd.com) appears to be carrying all the different versions.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #403 on: July 13, 2021, 09:03:59 AM »
Big thank you to Skeever for starting this thread in the first place.  Since the actual release information is buried in the thread, and since a lot of it (especially where to buy) is somewhat confusing, I started a new thread where I will keep track of the releases in the first post.  To clarify:  There is nothing wrong with this thread at all.  I am only staring a new one to make it easier for people to find the info they need on what is released and where to find it.

New thread here:  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=56636.0

Feel free to copy over and continue any discussion that anyone feels is relevant or important.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."