Author Topic: It was 19 years ago today...  (Read 5484 times)

Offline pg1067

Re: It was 19 years ago today...
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2021, 03:05:02 PM »
James, John, Jordan and MP signed my copy of the album (which I'll always keep)

That narrows it down.  ;-)
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Max Kuehnau

• Emotionless Brainiac
  • Doomed to be a man this world forgot
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2021, 03:06:16 PM »
Of course, JM did not sign it. :D
"All my natural instincts are begging me to stop
But somehow I carry on, heading for the top
A physical absurdity, a tremendous mental game
Helping me understand exactly who I am"

Offline pg1067

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2021, 03:15:30 PM »
Of course, JM did not sign it. :D

KM didn't sign my copy of I&W when I met them after the first show I saw.  Fortunately, I got him to sign on a subsequent leg.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2021, 03:36:04 PM »
Still DT's greatest achievement.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2021, 08:30:00 PM »
Misunderstood is so fucking good. It doesn't get enough love.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2021, 08:53:13 PM »

Amen to this.  6DOIT is pretty locked in as my 4th favorite DT album - I can't put on the same level as Awake, Scenes or I&W, but it's comfortably ahead of the next tier - and as more times passes, the more I become convinced that Misunderstood is the clear standout from the record, and I mean the whole damn song, long outro and all.  It's awesome.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2021, 09:04:14 PM »
I got into the band when Six Degrees was the band's most recent album, and The Glass Prison was the first song I heard by the band. Still blows me away to this day. Took me a while to get into the rest of the album but I consider it the band's best album besides IaW and Scenes, tied with Awake, sometimes I think it's the ultimate DT album in a way. Can't believe this album will be 20 years old soon enough. Doesn't feel like it, unlike IaW or Awake in '12/'14. To me, as someone who got into the band after the 90s, those albums feel like they came out in another time, in another world. Six Degrees still feels "modern" whatever that means, more than actual modern DT I might add.

Offline HOF

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2021, 10:08:09 PM »
I got into the band when Six Degrees was the band's most recent album, and The Glass Prison was the first song I heard by the band. Still blows me away to this day. Took me a while to get into the rest of the album but I consider it the band's best album besides IaW and Scenes, tied with Awake, sometimes I think it's the ultimate DT album in a way. Can't believe this album will be 20 years old soon enough. Doesn't feel like it, unlike IaW or Awake in '12/'14. To me, as someone who got into the band after the 90s, those albums feel like they came out in another time, in another world. Six Degrees still feels "modern" whatever that means, more than actual modern DT I might add.

I agree that the first disc might be the most commercial DT has sounded. I thought it fit in with the commercial hard rock/metal of the time (Tool, Creed, etc). FII was supposed to be commercial but didn’t really sound like what was popular in the late 90s to me.

Offline Pettor

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2021, 10:57:30 PM »
Took some time for me to understand it, but Six Degrees is DT's best album and possible my all time favorite. I love every second of it.

Actually I am lousy with words. Basically this is me when listening to Six Degrees:

https://youtu.be/G-NXwSLFZfM

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2021, 05:50:31 AM »

Amen to this.  6DOIT is pretty locked in as my 4th favorite DT album - I can't put on the same level as Awake, Scenes or I&W, but it's comfortably ahead of the next tier - and as more times passes, the more I become convinced that Misunderstood is the clear standout from the record, and I mean the whole damn song, long outro and all.  It's awesome.

Hear, hear, :thursday:
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline darkshade

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2021, 05:51:27 AM »

I agree that the first disc might be the most commercial DT has sounded. I thought it fit in with the commercial hard rock/metal of the time (Tool, Creed, etc). FII was supposed to be commercial but didn’t really sound like what was popular in the late 90s to me.

Only Misunderstood stands out to me as some attempt at commercial, in that Tool/Creed way, but mostly in the chorus, as that song would never have been on the radio in the early 2000s. Not without an extreme edit. I just meant the sound of the band and the sound of the production, is not dated and sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday unlike their 90s efforts which have (some more than others) production values that give away the time period it was recorded in. Same can be said for any of their albums released from SC onward (Loudness wars, metuuul sound, etc..)

Offline HOF

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2021, 10:16:44 AM »

Only Misunderstood stands out to me as some attempt at commercial, in that Tool/Creed way, but mostly in the chorus, as that song would never have been on the radio in the early 2000s. Not without an extreme edit. I just meant the sound of the band and the sound of the production, is not dated and sounds like it could have been recorded yesterday unlike their 90s efforts which have (some more than others) production values that give away the time period it was recorded in. Same can be said for any of their albums released from SC onward (Loudness wars, metuuul sound, etc..)

Oh, I agree totally, was trying to express (poorly) that it is more the sound than the actual songs. Though The Great Debate is a lot like Tool stylistically as well.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2021, 10:36:44 AM »

Cheers to the "Misunderstood"  :heart

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2021, 10:47:15 AM »
I'll never forget the first time I listened to this album.  I had already been a fan of the band since 1992.  At the time, I was playing drums in the worship team at my church.

The keyboardist in our band was also a DT fan.  The album was released on a night that we were having band practice at our church.  He had had time to pick up the album before practice.

After practice was finished and most everyone else left, we played the album through the church PA system.  That was fucking loud and awesome.  :metal
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2021, 10:50:27 AM »
I saw them in Boston in February of that same year.  I was in the front row of the middle section of the balcony, right above the soundboard guys.   To this day it was the best concert I have ever seen.  It was An Evening With Dream Theater and they played most of the Six Degrees, including opening the second half of the show with disc 2 and playing it all the way through and following that with some cuts from Images & Words and then even did an instrumedley that featured a sizeable chunk of A Change of Seasons.

This is still my favorite Dream Theater album, although Train of Thought has been giving it a run for its money in the last few years. 

I really think this album was Dream Theater's creative zenith so far.  They may yet eclipse it, but it won't be easy. 

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2021, 01:16:18 PM »
19 years ago I was 6 :eek I wasn't even aware of DT at the time :lol

Anyway, SDOIT is fantastic, it's surely a top 5 DT album to me. I'd even say that, while not my favorite, it could be their best album, ever.

The production is clean, the sound is great and imo what really makes this album stand out, besides the songwriting, is Jordan freaking Rudess. He played everything PERFECTLY on the album, every patch he chose, every section, every keyboard part. He's the MVP on SDOIT for sure.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Revenge319

• I once thought it better to regret...
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2021, 01:27:43 PM »
19 years ago, I didn't have the opportunity to listen to such an amazing album... I had around 6 and a half months left before I was born, after all!

But then about 3-4 years ago, I did hear Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, and it soon grew to be one of my favorite albums of all time. In fact, I'd say that of my Top 10 favorite albums of all time, it'd be #2. Every single song is perfection (except for The Great Debate, but to me, that song is very close to perfection anyway). I could talk about everything I love about the album like a lot of people here have, but if we're talking everything, I'd be here for a very long time. Needless to say at this point, I absolutely love this album.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2021, 10:00:03 AM »
Yeah - no more complete album celebrations, please. As much as I love the album (in particular the first disc), I don't want to see them fall into the same trap that Yes has, playing one or more albums in their entirety on every tour. While great once and a while as an exception, it gets old if done all the time. And DT's done it a lot since MM's been in the band.
2014 – second half of Awake and a suite of SFaM tracks
2016 – all of TA
2017 – all of IaW
2019-20 – all of SFaM

I think each of those was the right call at the time and made for a fantastic set list.  That said, I think playing SDOIT in its entirety would NOT be the right call, anniversary or not.  But I really don't think we need to worry about that.  Even if they wanted to, it's too long an album to play in its entirety.

However, I will double down on my earlier statement that I think it is a great idea to recognize it by playing a good chunk of it.  From the first disk, TGP and Misunderstood should be no-brainers, as they are fan favorites, work well live, and haven't been played in awhile.  And I would assume a few movements from SDOIT, because it kinda feels obligatory.  Of course, how much of it they play would depend on whether they are still doing an evening-with show, or whether they are touring with another band (such as a certain co-headlining tour I heard rumors of a little while back).  But here's an interesting thought on logistics:  Rather than doing a Six Degrees suite, kinda like they did on the Along for the Ride tour, I think they would be better served by sprinkling the songs throughout the set, and have James mention the anniversary when the play whichever song comes up first in the rotation.  By splitting them up, you avoid having a huge "dead spot" in the set for those who don't care for the album as much, since it isn't quite as universally loved as, say, I&W and SFAM. 

Anyhow, as far as the album itself, I remember when it came out, and not being able to find it at first on release day.  It was the oddest thing.  But it was a time of interesting transition where I lived, because defaulting to online ordering wasn't really that much of a thing yet, but where I lived, brick and mortar music stores were starting to dry up.  We had a couple of awesome chains in N. Cal., but they didn't have locations near me.  So I got the album a bit later than I wanted.  But I fell in love with it immediately.  It's been my favorite DT album for a long, long time.  And the title song has been my favorite song for a long time as well (although I don't think it necessarily translates so well to a live setting).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline JiM-Xtreme

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2021, 10:23:55 AM »
TGP absolutely slays, and I can't believe that DT would not be aware of how much of a fan favourite it is.

For many years, I've suspected that the real reason it doesn't get played live these days is because of those dang arpeggios...! They are notoriously difficult to play on a guitar, and in fact I believe it was Jordan who wrote that part and JP then learned it on guitar. Even JP, being the absolute guitar-god he is, has made no secret about the fact that he finds it extraordinarily difficult to play live (forgive me, I cannot immediately recall specific instances where he said this but I remember reading or hearing it somewhere). I can definitely imagine that JP would simply rule out playing the song altogether, being the perfectionist he is, for that reason alone.

However - it has to be said that the last time they played it live was in their pre-click track days, and we all know how MP loved to push up the tempo. So I'm sure they could easily rectify the issue by bringing the BPM down a few and obviously, this would ensure a consistent tempo - which I'm sure nobody mind for the sake of seeing this song played live again  ;D

Offline Pettor

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2021, 12:47:48 PM »
TGP absolutely slays, and I can't believe that DT would not be aware of how much of a fan favourite it is.

For many years, I've suspected that the real reason it doesn't get played live these days is because of those dang arpeggios...! They are notoriously difficult to play on a guitar, and in fact I believe it was Jordan who wrote that part and JP then learned it on guitar. Even JP, being the absolute guitar-god he is, has made no secret about the fact that he finds it extraordinarily difficult to play live (forgive me, I cannot immediately recall specific instances where he said this but I remember reading or hearing it somewhere). I can definitely imagine that JP would simply rule out playing the song altogether, being the perfectionist he is, for that reason alone.

However - it has to be said that the last time they played it live was in their pre-click track days, and we all know how MP loved to push up the tempo. So I'm sure they could easily rectify the issue by bringing the BPM down a few and obviously, this would ensure a consistent tempo - which I'm sure nobody mind for the sake of seeing this song played live again  ;D

Yeah this 100%. For me TGP is like One from Metallica. It's not a hit like Pull Me Under but it's the main hit for the nerds. Like you know it's that moment when shit will get mental when the noise arrives. Honestly DT's biggest mistake at festivals is to not play TGP every damn time. Anyyyyyway, enough about TGP.

I would love DT15 to be a D/T but with the Six Degrees mindset. I really love D/T but for me the "dragged out" instrumental stuff and exploring music, structure and soundscapes the way they did in Six Degrees just makes me crazy for another similar record. I honestly think Dream Theater has been more "constrained" ever since Six Degrees and I would like to hear them try push the exploration and soundscape bit. Just imagine Pale Blue Dot but if it were written during Six Degrees era. It would have been the most awesome banger ever.

Anyway for me it's unbelieve how a band can write disc 1 and disc 2 for the same record. One of them would have been a success in my book, but no. They had disc 1 and said "let's fill these last minutes as well". "Ops, that became another disc in itself with a 42 minute masterpiece of which the world will never hear the like of again". Jordan is just so in his right elements for every single note during Six Degrees. To be fair he was that in Scenes as well, but here in another more exploratory way.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2021, 02:18:55 PM »
When I saw them at that concert I mentioned earlier in the thread, they opened with The Glass Prison and it was fucking glorious  :hefdaddy :metal

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2021, 04:42:17 PM »
I remember them opening with TGP the second time I saw them with Gigantour. JP did a mini clinic before the show at a local guitar store and played the arpeggios for us and settled the debate whether they were swept versus alt picked. I kept hoping they would play the song that night and they did, one of my favorite concert moments.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2021, 06:03:56 PM »
I remember them opening with TGP the second time I saw them with Gigantour. JP did a mini clinic before the show at a local guitar store and played the arpeggios for us and settled the debate whether they were swept versus alt picked. I kept hoping they would play the song that night and they did, one of my favorite concert moments.

And????

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2021, 09:10:36 PM »
My favorite album, and crazy how it is almost 20 years old now. I bought the album because I liked Solitary Shell from Budakon. My friend from school, had all the albums, so I borrowed his 6DOIT and ripped it onto my computer.

The Glass Prison: The first time I actually heard this song was on Gigantour. I was meeting my cousin who was going to get us to the lower section, and since my cuz pulled out the wrong ticket, we had to go around the other side. As we were going around the outer edges of the venue where the stage isn't visible, I heard the audience begin to roar, and then the intro tape of the record ending began, and as I got up to the grass to see the band as we could still reach the lower bowl entrance from there, JM began his opening notes, so we stood until the band came on then headed on down. We got to our seats just as JLB came out to start his verse. That was an amazing moment.

Blind Faith: Another song that opens with John Myung, and as I was beginning to get into Bass at the time, it really intrigued me. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the keyboards, guitar, and bass, while the drums keep a nice groove, complimenting the other instruments well. The instrumental section is one of their coolest, I think, it has ideas that I haven't heard in much of their songs since, and I think it's the key of the song that plays a part in that.

Misunderstood: One song I want to hear live at some point, along with Blind Faith. I like how simple the guitar is keeping the beat, while the bass keeps a nice background, and the drums adds it's little beats, until the full band comes in with the "If I seem superhuman" the second time around. I really like the ending too, as it reflects that struggle and frustrating feeling, of being misunderstood.

The Great Debate: Another JM opening song (The first disc really was inspired by Tool and their Bass intro openings specifically Aenima), I don't mind the subject matter of the song. I find the way they utilized the Left and Right pan, and also how the lyrics end with "Pay attention to the questions we have raised" as it doesn't come to a resolve. And the music reflects that as it keeps going, and I like how it comes down gradually ending with the volume swells.

Disappear: A great way to end the first disc, and with the album dealing with mental struggles, ending with one of Death and Grief is a good way to end the first disc. I find the opening atmospheric high noises to represent the death rattle and the moment one feels the moment the person dies, and the moment of the death is the first guitar chord strum. I personally prefer the soft spoken JLB background vocals over the lead ones he does live on budakon. I would love to hear this one live too, but I ain't expecting it at all.

6DOIT: Overall, I enjoy how they made an epic 42 min. long song to represent some Mental Illnesses that were/are major subjects at the time. I like how they portray these in the moods of About to Crash and Reprise, Goodnight Kiss, and Solitary Shell. I also like how WIMH has this frantic feel and it's a good lead into the other frantic chaotic of the mind with TTTSTA.

Summary: I really find it neat, how Grand Finale, in a way, is the Grand Finale of the entire album, which it is about "The journey to find, the answers inside our illusive mind" and perfectly sums up the album for me.

This is why it is my favorite Dream Theater Album, and The Astonishing and D/T are tied at second, and really close to hitting the spot that 6DOIT does.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2021, 04:23:59 PM »
My favorite album, and crazy how it is almost 20 years old now. I bought the album because I liked Solitary Shell from Budakon. My friend from school, had all the albums, so I borrowed his 6DOIT and ripped it onto my computer.

The Glass Prison: The first time I actually heard this song was on Gigantour. I was meeting my cousin who was going to get us to the lower section, and since my cuz pulled out the wrong ticket, we had to go around the other side. As we were going around the outer edges of the venue where the stage isn't visible, I heard the audience begin to roar, and then the intro tape of the record ending began, and as I got up to the grass to see the band as we could still reach the lower bowl entrance from there, JM began his opening notes, so we stood until the band came on then headed on down. We got to our seats just as JLB came out to start his verse. That was an amazing moment.

Blind Faith: Another song that opens with John Myung, and as I was beginning to get into Bass at the time, it really intrigued me. I really enjoy the atmosphere of the keyboards, guitar, and bass, while the drums keep a nice groove, complimenting the other instruments well. The instrumental section is one of their coolest, I think, it has ideas that I haven't heard in much of their songs since, and I think it's the key of the song that plays a part in that.

Misunderstood: One song I want to hear live at some point, along with Blind Faith. I like how simple the guitar is keeping the beat, while the bass keeps a nice background, and the drums adds it's little beats, until the full band comes in with the "If I seem superhuman" the second time around. I really like the ending too, as it reflects that struggle and frustrating feeling, of being misunderstood.

The Great Debate: Another JM opening song (The first disc really was inspired by Tool and their Bass intro openings specifically Aenima), I don't mind the subject matter of the song. I find the way they utilized the Left and Right pan, and also how the lyrics end with "Pay attention to the questions we have raised" as it doesn't come to a resolve. And the music reflects that as it keeps going, and I like how it comes down gradually ending with the volume swells.

Disappear: A great way to end the first disc, and with the album dealing with mental struggles, ending with one of Death and Grief is a good way to end the first disc. I find the opening atmospheric high noises to represent the death rattle and the moment one feels the moment the person dies, and the moment of the death is the first guitar chord strum. I personally prefer the soft spoken JLB background vocals over the lead ones he does live on budakon. I would love to hear this one live too, but I ain't expecting it at all.

6DOIT: Overall, I enjoy how they made an epic 42 min. long song to represent some Mental Illnesses that were/are major subjects at the time. I like how they portray these in the moods of About to Crash and Reprise, Goodnight Kiss, and Solitary Shell. I also like how WIMH has this frantic feel and it's a good lead into the other frantic chaotic of the mind with TTTSTA.

Summary: I really find it neat, how Grand Finale, in a way, is the Grand Finale of the entire album, which it is about "The journey to find, the answers inside our illusive mind" and perfectly sums up the album for me.

This is why it is my favorite Dream Theater Album, and The Astonishing and D/T are tied at second, and really close to hitting the spot that 6DOIT does.

Man, that's a great post. My favorite album as well, and I'll never forget spending New Year's Eve driving around (I left a party to go get beer, and didn't come back for two hours...surprised my gf at the time didn't dump me) and listening to this at maximum volume.

A record-industry buddy of mine had slipped me a promo...man, I was sooooooo pumped!

Offline Lax

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2021, 07:49:41 AM »
At that moment I was just recovering from discovering DT around 1999-2000 and absorbing all their albums and live show...
SDOIT and LTE were severe critical hits that made me drop nearly every other artists I could listen to at that moment :D
Musical orgasms.
I guess I'll never feel that again !
(Oh and seeing DT live for the first time during the six degrees tour was fantastic)
EBMM JP12 Cherry Sugar + JP7 Pearl Redburst
Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2021, 07:25:33 AM »
I got on the DT bus with SFAM, fell in love, saw 'em live on the second UK touring leg and absorbed the back catalogue.

But 6D was the first album that came out while I was an existing fan. I had the edits CD from the fan club so knew those three songs but the album exceeded expectations in all ways. It's got variety and freshness throughout and we loved it straight away, playing it in the car for years.

We saw them twice in London on both legs. The first (i think) was at the Astoria, which is gone now but was a large-club-sized venue. Black, dark and a bit rough with a brilliant atmosphere. I'd love to see them again in a place that small. I think they played the whole album as the second set. James did really well on the Grand Finale but goofed up a few lines and was clearly really pissed off that he had.

It's now taken over Awake as my favourite DT album and they haven't bettered it since.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2021, 01:47:54 PM »
And listened to it today and it's still amazing.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline bluefox4000

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2021, 02:00:42 PM »
I became a fan when Falling Into Infinity was new.

but Six Degrees is my number 2 DT album.

Disc 1 is so damn intense.  i was never fond of the great Debate but that's just 1 song.

and to the suite was and remains one of the best pieces they've ever recorded.

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2021, 02:42:34 PM »
If you've never seen Glass Prison followed by This Dying Soul played back-to-back live, I pray one day you do.  It was a hallowed experience.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »
I'll never forget the first time I listened to this album.  I had already been a fan of the band since 1992.  At the time, I was playing drums in the worship team at my church.

The keyboardist in our band was also a DT fan.  The album was released on a night that we were having band practice at our church.  He had had time to pick up the album before practice.

After practice was finished and most everyone else left, we played the album through the church PA system.  That was fucking loud and awesome.  :metal

Every album preview should be that good.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2021, 09:42:20 AM »
Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play.  :metal

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2021, 12:32:22 PM »

Every album preview should be that good.
You'd better believe it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2021, 12:42:30 PM »
I was working half days as I was in the middle of getting Chemo.  I was battling Lymphoma.  I would work 4 hour a day, second week 5 hours a day. The 3rd week 6 hours then take a week off the week of the chemo treatments.  I had to do this for 5 months.  After the second treatment I went to the record store before work and got it. 

It helped me through a very tough time in my life.  It has a bigger meaning than you'll ever know.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2021, 12:44:12 PM »
I was working half days as I was in the middle of getting Chemo.  I was battling Lymphoma.  I would work 4 hour a day, second week 5 hours a day. The 3rd week 6 hours then take a week off the week of the chemo treatments.  I had to do this for 5 months.  After the second treatment I went to the record store before work and got it. 

It helped me through a very tough time in my life.  It has a bigger meaning than you'll ever know.
:heart