Best of these Cage Films

The Rock
1 (11.1%)
Con Air
1 (11.1%)
Face/Off
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Three Way Cage Fight.  (Read 1443 times)

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
Three Way Cage Fight.
« on: January 21, 2021, 02:50:10 AM »
I listen to a weekly Podcast that compares films then selects a winner.  These 3 Cage movies were the recent podcast and in my opinion their verdict was wrong, I'm just curious to see what you guys think.

So these movies believe it or not all came out within 13 months of each other, and briefly established Cage as a action hero - complete with all entertaining over the top Cage mannerisms,  personally I think all 3 are enjoyable fun slices of 90's action - but for me one stands out head and shoulders above the other two as one of the very best action films of all time.

Anyway vote and discuss as you feel free.

Online faizoff

Re: Three Way Cage Fight.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 07:18:19 AM »
My username ever since I started using the internet is based on face/off and I always have a soft spot for that movie. I somehow missed seeing Con Air in the theater, saw the rest multiple times and loved them. All three movies are classic and easily 9/10 for all, but if I had to rank them I'd go with

1. Face/off
2. The Rock
3. Con Air
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 07:24:15 AM »
My username ever since I started using the internet is based on face/off and I always have a soft spot for that movie. I somehow missed seeing Con Air in the theater, saw the rest multiple times and loved them. All three movies are classic and easily 9/10 for all, but if I had to rank them I'd go with

1. Face/off
2. The Rock
3. Con Air

Learn something new!   That's cool!

That's also the only movie of the three that I've seen, so there's that.   I happen to like Cage, albeit in relatively small doses. 

Online faizoff

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 07:40:11 AM »

1. Face/off
2. The Rock
3. Con Air

Learn something new!   That's cool!

That's also the only movie of the three that I've seen, so there's that.   I happen to like Cage, albeit in relatively small doses. 
;D
Yeah I created a bunch of email accounts with that name and all have gone away, so the movie is like a marker for when my internet life began.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 07:59:45 AM »
Face Off was great.  The others weren't bad, but ultimately forgettable.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline pg1067

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 09:40:04 AM »
It's between The Rock and Con-Air.  Both are fun, silly action movies.  I haven't seen Face Off since it came out, but I remember it sucked HARD (apparently it was made by the same director who did the awful Mission Impossible 2).  I went with Con-Air.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 03:06:24 PM »
It's between The Rock and Con-Air.

This is me. I loved both but I haven't seen them in so long. The Rock came to mind before really seeing the list, but then I forgot it was a Michael Bay film. With Con-Air, Malkovich is possibly my favorite actor and he is always awesome as a bad guy.

I would need to watch these again to really answer properly.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history