Poll

Who is worse?

Marjorie Taylor Greene
8 (80%)
Lauren Boebert
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Who is worse?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
Re: Who is worse?
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2021, 05:48:44 PM »
BTW, looks like Qanon is imploding unto itself.

I've seen reported some comments here and there, basically now the "fanbase" is divided among these groups:

- People who realized that they've been conned all along
- People of the above category complaining on the lines of "I've broken ties with my family and been called an idiot by all of them and for what?"
- People still think that a "storm" will come (apparently they expected today that Biden & co. would all be arrested) just like people in doomsday cults continue to believe a postponed apocalypse date
- People going even farther than the deep end believing that Biden was Q all along, that Biden & co. were arrested but it was too much to handle for the american public and so he will be kept as a puppet but Trump is really running the show etc gods I've gotta stop typing I feel my braincells slowly dying.

So please, yeah, all considerations previouslty  aside (people still have legitimate concerns about legitimate and real political issues; there's always been a mistrust of the government; some conspiracies actually proved to be true, etc etc), let's not glorify this inane Qanon craziness with a consideration it does not deserve. It's a completely made up doomsday cult dressed in politics and people buying into it are at best in need of many classes on how to develop critical thinking and to spot fake stuff on social media, and at worst in need of support and psychological help.

I've read things posted here and there on the web by people adhering to this stuff that made me seriously question how come we're the same species that went to the Moon and sent probes to the ends of the solar system.

People grow up in different environments and are molded into whom they are based on that environment. Those who live, in a remote village in the amazon, will never know the outside world much, nor would they want to, if they're content.

This is a reflection, of our own environment, in our own country, that we as a country produce these type of people.

As I have mentioned. Belief plays a big part in people believing in cult like groups.

I read a lot of that Q stuff, and while it was interesting, I knew to take it with a grain of salt....I say "Well, we'll just have to see." If it happens, then it happens. But in all, Q was there to get people to just research themselves, come to their own conclusions. These QAnon people are just the gullible people, and those that just need a messiah to help them, whenever people are in desperate times, they become susceptible to being manipulated by a False Messiah.

So you have to ask, why were these people so desperate for a messiah, that they felt that Trump was that messiah, and were led like sheep to the slaughter.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

"We can't rewrite history. We can learn our own history, and share it with other people. While, we learn, from them, their history." -Me,Myself,I

Offline Herrick

• Hello Mangs
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2021, 05:35:20 PM »
Green may not even believe in the Q-thing anymore: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/marjorie-greene-georgia-gop-says-shes-not-a-qanon-candidate

That article's from August of last year. I don't follow Twatter so I've no idea if this person still posts stuff about that conspiracy theory.
DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
    • The ANABASIS - Music Making a Difference
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2021, 06:23:10 AM »
My son lives in Georgia.  He's in law enforcement.  Believe it or not he's a parole officer  :rollin

Anyway, he, his wife and their entire family are all Trump voting Republicans but they all admitted to me that they thought Trump was "nuts" (their word, not mine) and they only voted for him out of party loyalty.  Some of them admitted regretting their votes for Trump, including my son who said he's still pretty conservative but voted for Joe Biden in 2020.

They ALL said Greene is a massive embarrassment and none of them voted for her.